Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Explore Berlin's explosive art scene, Hamburg's restless harbour life, Dresden's golden opera and Düsseldorf's chic boutiques. Germany's romantic river valleys and deep forests take you to fairytale castles, baroque cathedrals and charming beer gardens. Prost!
Find a point to point ticket
The national railway company of Germany is known as the Deutsche Bahn (DB). Germany has over 41,000 km of railway network. Train tickets for trains operating in Germany can be booked in advance. International trains connect Germany with neighbouring countries such as France and Switzerland. Book train tickets to visit main cities of Germany by train. German cities including Berlin, Munich and Leipzig are all served by trains.
Stay east for history-packed, arty Berlin and visit up-and-coming Leipzig. Stroll around Hamburg’s harbour, admire Dresden’s opera house, and capture Weimar’s classical cityscape. Head west for Cologne’s Gothic cathedral and Frank Gehry-graced Düsseldorf. Travel by train to Germany’s south to medieval Heidelberg and eclectic Munich.
Cruise the UNESCO-listed vine-clad Middle Rhine Valley or hike the Black Forest in the southwest. Explore the hilly, unspoilt countryside of the Hunsrück or travel south by train to Germany’s Upper Bavaria where fairytale castles, chocolate-box villages and the mountainous beauty of the Alps await.
Buy traditional cuckoo clocks from the Black Forest, home-bottled Mosel valley wine, Lübeck marzipan and full-flavoured beer from Franconian breweries. Indulge in designer labels from Munich’s boutiques and Düsseldorf’s Kö promenade.
Eat & Drink
Sample sauerkraut (pickled cabbage) and Berlin’s beloved currywurst (curry sausage). Regional specialities include semmelknödel (dumplings) and maultaschen (stuffed pasta pasties) in the south to sea-fresh shrimp and herring-type rollmops in the north. Prized German beers include golden Pilsener and dark Altbier.
See Germany by train by travelling with ICE and Deutsch Bahn, with a scenic ride from Cologne to historic Koblenz where the Ehrenbreitstein fortress offers spectacular views over the castes and vineyards of the Rhine Valley.
Top cities in Germany
Choose your city:
Nuremberg, the historic touch. History has left its (...)
Karlsruhe, a 18th century german city near the french (...)
Stuttgart, nature lovers will love this city! Get used (...)
Dresden, you should not miss it On the banks of the (...)
Frankfurt, the largest financial centre in Europe (...)
Hamburg, an amazing city you will love Hanseatic (...)
Cologne, enjoy every minute of this amazing German (...)
Munich is one of the most popular destination in Europe (...)
Berlin, capital of Germany Berlin is the capital of (...)
Aachen, discover the old caroligian's capital! Aachen, (...)
Düsseldorf, get disguised for its joyful carnival! (...)
Hanover, a one of a kind experience Along the Leine (...)
Kaiserslautern, discover southwestern Germany, its (...)
Mannheim, a lively german city that deserves to be (...)
Saarbrucken, a long history, a great result (...)
Ulm, the world-famous german city The old city of Ulm (...)
Top stations in Germany
Choose your city:
Berlin Hauptbahnhof, also known as Berlin Central (...)
The Berlin-Schönefeld Flughafen train station is close (...)
Frankfurt Central station also known as Frankfurt am (...)
Munchen Hauptbahnhof railway station is also known as (...)
Munchen Ost also known as Munchen Ostbahnhof is one of (...)
Munchen Pasing railway station is one of the three main (...)
Airports in Germany
The national railway company of Germany is DB
A Eurail Pass valid for Germany is also valid for travel from Germany to Basel Bad (Switzerland) and Salzburg (Austria)
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
BSB, SBS and ÖBB 50% discount
Boat crossings on Lake Constance (Bodensee) from May to October
Donauschiffahrt Wurm & Köck
- Linz-Passau: reservation compulsory
KD-German Rhine Line free transportation
Free sailings on boats operated by ‘KD German Rhine Line‘ making trips on the Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or between Trier and Koblenz). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
Scandlines free transportation
- Puttgarden-Rødby Færge
Tallink Silja Oy
- Helsinki-Rostock: 30% discount All discounts granted on the cabin category C-A. Port taxes are extra. Finland +358(0)600 174 552 Sweden +46(0)822 2140
Berlin Night Express
Reduced fare if the Pass is valid in Sweden (compulsory reservation of a couchette or bed); www.berlin-night-express.com
- Berlin-Malmö (includes ferry crossing Sassnitz-Trelleborg)
Europabus 20% discount
On the EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October):
- Frankfurt/M - Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Augsburg - München/Füssen. Reservation strongly recommended through www.romanticroad-coach.de or via Deutsche Touring in Frankfurt by phone +49 (0)697 903 261 or fax +49 (0)697 903 209
Meininger hostels 10% discount
Located in Berlin, München, Köln, Hamburg, Wien & London: Book direct at MEININGER hostels and get 10% off on your stay and 10 minutes internet for free.
All-you-can-eat breakfast is only € 3,50 and WiFi Internet is free in the Hostel.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +49(0)30 6663 6100
Free transportation on the S-Bahn in major German cities. In Berlin the Pass is only valid on the S-Bahn lines that connect the Berlin long-distance railway stations. S-Bahn can be recognized by the logo; White S on a green background.
Zugspitzbahn 10% discount
Mountain railroad Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt and on some cable cars in the summit area
- Special Pass holder fare on Berlin Warszawa Express, Paris-Germany Night Trains.
- Reduced fare on the Expressbus from Nuremberg to Prague and from Munich to Prague.
- The German Rail Pass exempts the holder from paying a surcharge on German High Speed and quality trains such as ICE (except ICE Sprinter with compulsory reservation and supplement for special on-board service), InterCity (IC) and EuroCity (EC). German Rail Pass holders have free access to these trains however reservations are recommended during peak travel times.
- Free travel on steamers operated by ’KD German Rhine Line’ on the Rhine River between Cologne and Mainz and on the Mosel River between Koblenz and Cochem. German Rail Pass holder has to note that a free shipping line requires use of a travel day. www.k-d.de (Köln-Düsseldorfer Rheinschiffahrt AG, Frankenwerft 35, 50667 Köln, Germany)
- Lake of Constance: 50% reduction on all steamer routes operated by Bodenseeschifffahrtsbetriebe (BSB) www.bsb-online.com
- 20% reduction on Europabus: http://www.touring.de/
- Romantic Road / Romantische Strasse: Frankfurt a-m. Main-Würzburg-Rothenburg o.d.t.-Füssen (seasonal traffic). It is strongly recommended to reserve seats about 2 working days in advance on-line at www.romanticroadcoach.de or by fax + 49 69 790 32 19 / phone + 49 69 790 30
- Bayerische Zugspitzbahn: 10% discount on round trip tickets (Garmisch-Partenkirchen-Zugspitzplatt) upon presentation of the German Rail Pass. www.zugspitze.de