Find a Train Ticket
OverviewHome to the Matterhorn and flower-strewn meadows, sample the Bear Garden in Bern, the Palais des Nations in Geneva and go Nordic walking in the mighty Alps.
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
|Bad Ragaz||Zurich||01:05||€ 26|
The national railway company of Switzerland is known as the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB/CFF/FFS). Switzerland has a very efficient railway network. Train tickets for trains operating in Switzerland can be booked in advance. International trains connect Switzerland with neighbouring countries such as France and Italy. Book tickets to visit main cities of Switzerland by train. Swiss cities including Geneva, Bern and Lausanne are all served by trains.
Switzerland is very proud of its excellent public transport system so take advantage and fit in as much of the country as you can during your stay. Visit the capital Bern to see the legendary clock tower, or visit Lausanne, just an hour away by Swiss Travel System train, for the cathedral and fascinating bridges. For something a bit different the Old Town in Zurich has some excellent nightlife.
You’ll find everything here; lakes, orchards, palm trees (in Ascona), glaciers (in Valais), mountains, and all less than a three-hour train journey apart.
A Swiss army knife has to be top of the list, and of course the jewellery and watches are some of the best in the world. If none of these take your fancy then a dose of good old Swiss cheese and chocolate are sure to suffice, Toblerone anyone?
Eat & Drink
You can’t go to Switzerland and not have a fondue, all that cheese bubbling away, yum, yum. Potato dishes, tarts and quiches are also very popular, and take a trip around one of the many chocolate factories; they usually let you have loads of samples!
Take a Segway city tour in Basel, Switzerland’s third largest city and just an hour’s train ride from Zurich. A Segway, if you don’t know, is a two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicle that allows you to get around faster. A great way to view the city!
Rail Pass benefits in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- Reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- Discount on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- Discounted fare on the Wilhelm Tell Express, the nostalgic boat crossing Luzern-Flüelen including lunch and welcome package, and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano: (reservation compulsory)
- Cable Cars and Funiculars up to the montain peaks (discount of 25%-50%)
- Reduction on the Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- Reduction on the Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- Reduction to the summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- Discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
- Private Rail Roads (discount of 25%-50%)
- Rigi Railways
- The Jungfrau Region Railways
- Glacier Express between Disentis & Zermatt
- MGB trains between Andermatt and Göschenen
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trubsee-Titlis/Engelberg-Kleintitlis
- Golden Pass between Montreux-Interlaken-Luzern
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
Free travel on Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.