Eurail Austria - Germany PassFrom € 207 From € 207 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free day with a 5-day or 7-day within 1 month pass, and 2 free days with a 10-day or 15-day within 2 months pass. Book by March 29, 2017
- Unlimited travel in Austria and Germany.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Austria-Germany Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Austria and Germany. The most common denominator between the two countries is the magnificent Christmas markets. However each has its own specificities. With the Eurail Austria-Germany Pass, visit Berlin and Vienna, the respective capital cities of Germany and Austria. In Berlin, note the juxtaposition between Communist era architecture and the new modern aesthetic. Austria, known mostly for Mozart and Schubert, tempts travellers with its majestic, snow-capped mountains, its boisterous ball season in Vienna and cinnamon-sweet coffee.
The Eurail Austria-Germany Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Austria-Germany Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Austria-Germany Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Austria - Germany Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select Austria-Germany Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, cruises & ferries, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select Austria-Germany Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Austria
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% discount on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by the following companies BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October)
- 20% discount on sightseeing trips on the river Danube in Vienna and in Wachau. Trips are conducted by DDSG Blue Danube
Free travel on the bus from Graze to Klagenfurt, operated by the OBB Intercitybus company. You must book your seat reservation. Free travel on Klagenfurt/Villach to Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if your rail pass includes both Austria and Italy. Supplements are required
Free airport transfer on the S-Bahn trains in Vienna. Offer is not valid on bus or CAT. This transfer requires use of one day of travel on the pass.
- 10% discount for stay in Meininger hotels found in Vienna and Salzburg.
- 10% discount for A&O hotels
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Travel free of charge on board local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Keep in mind that Berlin is an exception and that Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount on the Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare to travel on board the Berlin Night express train operating beetween Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Keep in mind that reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount on sailings on boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ making regular runs on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount to travel on board the Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). We strongly advise that you make your seat reservations in advance by email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are:
- 10% reduction for stay in Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% reduction for stay in A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Paper tickets will be sent to you by postal mail prior to departure.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
- A. Yes, you’ll need to reserve your place on AVE trains like in most high speed trains in Europe.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. First class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches, individual power outlets, reading light, ability to book a taxi for your arrival with staff on the train and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. No, there are no student discounts. Discounts are offered to youth travelers instead. A youth traveler is any traveler who is 25 years of age or younger.
- A. A railpass month is counted as a calendar month. For example, a pass that begins on July 15th will expire at midnight on August 14th.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
answered | Posted by SAURABH P. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/02/2017
answered | Posted by P M. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/02/2017
answered | Posted by Jennifer . | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2017
answered | Posted by Charles S. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/01/2017
answered | Posted by Dharmesh K. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/01/2017
Reviews & ratings Austria - Germany Pass
Overall rating (12)
Overall appreciationExcellent 58% Very good 36% Average 3% Poor 3% Terrible 0%
- "Fast and luxurious!" . 08/06/2015
Excellent standard of comfort, service and access. Even had space for large suitcases! Value for money Convenience
- "Great travel option" Carmen b. 14/03/2015
I love traveling via the Eurorail. It makes travel across Europe easy, convenient and scenic! Value for money Convenience
- "Good but..." Leong y. 25/12/2014
Disappointed with the delay of certain train. Unable to claim any refund from the delay even after filled up the form. This pass is slightly overpriced due to the limitation of using this pass for public transportation. Value for money Convenience
- "Good " . 30/09/2013
The pass was easy to use and very cost effective. Enjoy lots of freedom during the journey regarding both the route, change of plans and the time schedules. This is the second time I use such passes, and I'll continue to use them if I travel in Europe again. I shall also encourage my friends to use them
- "Train travel in Europe" Jacobus A v. 27/05/2013
We have experienced a problem in that the official at a particular station assured us that trains will be available. So it was - but already overcrowded. We hat to wait and in the process missed our flight resulting in a massive additional cost. In another instance, the official worked out a timetable, but did not inform us that where we had to change trains, we will only have 2 minutes, which proved to be impossible. Value for money Convenience