Eurail Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy PassFrom € 270 From € 270 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy Pass
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit four European countries. All four countries share borders. Italy has inspired artists for centuries while Germany is now regarded as the cultural hotspot of Europe. Switzerland is home to breathtaking landcapesn while Austria is well known for its baroque city architectures. Use your rail pass to visit cities like Rome, Munich, Vienna and Geneva.
The Eurail Select Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Austria
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% discount on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by the following companies BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October)
- 20% discount on sightseeing trips on the river Danube in Vienna and in Wachau. Trips are conducted by DDSG Blue Danube
Free travel on the bus from Graze to Klagenfurt, operated by the OBB Intercitybus company. You must book your seat reservation. Free travel on Klagenfurt/Villach to Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if your rail pass includes both Austria and Italy. Supplements are required
Free airport transfer on the S-Bahn trains in Vienna. Offer is not valid on bus or CAT. This transfer requires use of one day of travel on the pass.
- 10% discount for stay in Meininger hotels found in Vienna and Salzburg.
- 10% discount for A&O hotels
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Travel free of charge on board local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Keep in mind that Berlin is an exception and that Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount on the Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare to travel on board the Berlin Night express train operating beetween Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Keep in mind that reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount on sailings on boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ making regular runs on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount to travel on board the Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). We strongly advise that you make your seat reservations in advance by email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are:
- 10% reduction for stay in Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% reduction for stay in A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Rail Pass benefits in Italy
- Free transfer is available on the Leonardo Express between Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station for 1st class passholders only. Please note that this transfer requires the use of one day of travel on the pass.
- From Rome Fiumicino Airport on high speed train to/from Florence/Bologna/Padova/Venice.
- Free transportation on the ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) between Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if the Eurail pass is valid in both Austria and Italy. Reservations are required and can be made locally.
- Discounted fares on Thello international night and day trains between France and Italy if your pass is valid in France and/or Italy.
- Milano-Pavia-Voghera-Genova-Savona-Finale Ligure-Albenga-Alassaio Diano-Marina-Imperia-San Remo-Ventimiglia-Menton-Monaco-Nice-Antibes-Cannes-St Raphael-Les Arcs-Toulon-Marseille
- Attica Group/Operated by Superfast Ferries for International routes offers free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Bari-Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Patras and Ancona/Venice - Igoumenitsa/Patras. High season surcharge and port taxes may apply.
- 20% reduction on the Official Fares and 10% reduction on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berths or on crossings operated by Grimaldi Ferries on the following routes: Barcelona-Civitavecchia, Barcelona-Livorno, Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia), Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras, Civitavecchia / Porto Torres/Trapani, Livorno-Barcelona, Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna, Salerno/Palermo. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
- Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Patras/Igoumenitsa-Ancona/Ravenna/Trieste. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe, Florence, Via Brunelleschi 1, Rome, Via V. Veneto 62a, Venice, Bacino Orseolo and the Rock Shop at Rialto Bridge.
Rail Pass benefits in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- Reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- Discount on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- Discounted fare on the Wilhelm Tell Express, the nostalgic boat crossing Luzern-Flüelen including lunch and welcome package, and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano: (reservation compulsory)
- Cable Cars and Funiculars up to the montain peaks (discount of 25%-50%)
- Reduction on the Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- Reduction on the Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- Reduction to the summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- Discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
- Private Rail Roads (discount of 25%-50%)
- Rigi Railways
- The Jungfrau Region Railways
- Glacier Express between Disentis & Zermatt (discount of 25%)
- MGB trains between Andermatt and Göschenen
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trubsee-Titlis/Engelberg-Kleintitlis
- Golden Pass between Montreux-Interlaken-Luzern
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
Free travel on Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. No. A ticket allows you to board the train, but does not guarantee you a seat. You must make a seat reservation to have a guaranteed seat on the train. NOTE: On certain trains tickets and reservations are sold together as one ticket.
- A. If you are having trouble determining what is the best pass for you, click on the blue square button " Search passes ". You'll be helped, on line, to select the best pass for your trip.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
- A. A travel day is any travel between 12 midnight on one day to 12 midnight of the following day (i.e. a 24-hour period). On each travel day, you can take as many trains or participating ferries as you wish.
- A. A railpass month is counted as a calendar month. For example, a pass that begins on July 15th will expire at midnight on August 14th.
Q. Can I borrow my travel partner’s rail pass if I prefer visiting Prague and that my partner wants to visit Hamburg?A. No, this is not possible as the extension must be accompanied by your nominative rail pass bearing your passport number, name and country of residence.
- A. The pass can be purchased up to 6 months before your first travel day. The pass must be validated within 6 months of the original date of issue.
- A. Go to our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules select the number of passengers then click the box next to "Click this box if you have a Rail Pass". All results that are displayed will show you fares that are valid for passes. To insure you select the correct fare for your pass view the details. All passes that are valid with each fare are listed in the details.
answered | Posted by Jaideep P. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by prateek s. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/09/2016
answered | Posted by Shobha R. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/09/2016
Can i get a rail ticket for 9 cities once ? : amsterdam --> brussels --> paris --> zurich --> vienna --> prague --> berlin --> (...)Can I get a rail ticket for 9 cities once ? : Amsterdam --> Brussels --> Paris --> Zurich --> Vienna --> Prague --> Berlin --> (...)
answered | Posted by Rumesh R. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2016