Eurail Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy PassFrom € 276 From € 276 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy Pass
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit four European countries. All four countries share borders. Italy has inspired artists for centuries while Germany is now regarded as the cultural hotspot of Europe. Switzerland is home to breathtaking landcapesn while Austria is well known for its baroque city architectures. Use your rail pass to visit cities like Rome, Munich, Vienna and Geneva.
The Eurail Select Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Austria-Switzerland-Germany-Italy Pass you may travel on Bernina Express, Chocolate Train, Wilhelm Tell Express, Glacier Express, TGV International, Italian Intercity, Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca, and Italian International trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Austria
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% discount on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by the following companies BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October)
- 20% discount on sightseeing trips on the river Danube in Vienna and in Wachau. Trips are conducted by DDSG Blue Danube
Free travel on the bus from Graze to Klagenfurt, operated by the OBB Intercitybus company. You must book your seat reservation. Free travel on Klagenfurt/Villach to Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if your rail pass includes both Austria and Italy. Supplements are required
Free airport transfer on the S-Bahn trains in Vienna. Offer is not valid on bus or CAT. This transfer requires use of one day of travel on the pass.
- 10% discount for stay in Meininger hotels found in Vienna and Salzburg.
- 10% discount for A&O hotels
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Travel free of charge on board local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Keep in mind that Berlin is an exception and that Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount on the Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare to travel on board the Berlin Night express train operating beetween Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Keep in mind that reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount on sailings on boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ making regular runs on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount to travel on board the Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). We strongly advise that you make your seat reservations in advance by email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are:
- 10% reduction for stay in Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% reduction for stay in A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Rail Pass benefits in Italy
- Free transfer is available on the Leonardo Express between Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station for 1st class passholders only. Please note that this transfer requires the use of one day of travel on the pass.
- From Rome Fiumicino Airport on high speed train to/from Florence/Bologna/Padova/Venice.
- Free transportation on the ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) between Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if the Eurail pass is valid in both Austria and Italy. Reservations are required and can be made locally.
- Discounted fares on Thello international night and day trains between France and Italy if your pass is valid in France and/or Italy.
- Milano-Pavia-Voghera-Genova-Savona-Finale Ligure-Albenga-Alassaio Diano-Marina-Imperia-San Remo-Ventimiglia-Menton-Monaco-Nice-Antibes-Cannes-St Raphael-Les Arcs-Toulon-Marseille
- Attica Group/Operated by Superfast Ferries for International routes offers free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Bari-Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Patras and Ancona/Venice - Igoumenitsa/Patras. High season surcharge and port taxes may apply.
- 20% reduction on the Official Fares and 10% reduction on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berths or on crossings operated by Grimaldi Ferries on the following routes: Barcelona-Civitavecchia, Barcelona-Livorno, Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia), Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras, Civitavecchia / Porto Torres/Trapani, Livorno-Barcelona, Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna, Salerno/Palermo. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
- Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Patras/Igoumenitsa-Ancona/Ravenna/Trieste. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe, Florence, Via Brunelleschi 1, Rome, Via V. Veneto 62a, Venice, Bacino Orseolo and the Rock Shop at Rialto Bridge.
Rail Pass benefits in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- Reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- Discount on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- Discounted fare on the Wilhelm Tell Express, the nostalgic boat crossing Luzern-Flüelen including lunch and welcome package, and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano: (reservation compulsory)
- Cable Cars and Funiculars up to the montain peaks (discount of 25%-50%)
- Reduction on the Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- Reduction on the Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- Reduction to the summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- Discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
- Private Rail Roads (discount of 25%-50%)
- Rigi Railways
- The Jungfrau Region Railways
- Glacier Express between Disentis & Zermatt (discount of 25%)
- MGB trains between Andermatt and Göschenen
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trubsee-Titlis/Engelberg-Kleintitlis
- Golden Pass between Montreux-Interlaken-Luzern
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
Free travel on Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. To validate your German Rail Pass Extension, it needs to be accompanied by a German Rail Pass and your passport. Please note that the use of the extension requires a travel day of the German Rail Pass for each trip used.
- A. You will be able to book a Thalys ticket 90 days in advance.
- A. You can use your Eurail Select pass on the national rail networks of the adjoining countries chosen when buying your Eurail Pass. Here is the list of the countries participating to the program: Austria, Benelux, Bulgaria, Croatia-Slovenia, Czech Republic Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro-Serbia, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
Q. If I'm traveling through a country not included on Eurail Select Pass, can I add that country to the pass?A. Passes are only valid for travel in the countries covered by that particular pass. If you travel through a country not included on your pass, you'll need to purchase an additional ticket for that part of the trip. For example, if you travel from Germany to Italy through Austria, Austria is not a country on your Eurail Select Pass and will not be covered; you must purchase an additional ticket. If you have not purchased your pass please view our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
answered | Posted by rajesh h. | Comments 4 | Created: 11/01/2017
answered | Posted by Heidi H. | Comments 2 | Created: 28/12/2016
answered | Posted by Anisha A. | Comments 2 | Created: 19/12/2016
answered | Posted by Keith F. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/12/2016
answered | Posted by israel m. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/12/2016