Eurail Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy PassFrom € 270 From € 270 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy Pass
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit four European countries. All four countries share borders. Italy has inspired artists for centuries while Germany is now regarded as the cultural hotspot of Europe. Switzerland is home to breathtaking landcapesn while Austria is well known for its baroque city architectures. Use your rail pass to visit cities like Rome, Munich, Vienna and Geneva.
The Eurail Select Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Austria - Switzerland - Germany - Italy Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Austria-Switzerland-Germany-Italy Pass you may travel on Bernina Express, Chocolate Train, Wilhelm Tell Express, Glacier Express, TGV International, Italian Intercity, Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca, and Italian International trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Austria
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% discount on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by the following companies BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October)
- 20% discount on sightseeing trips on the river Danube in Vienna and in Wachau. Trips are conducted by DDSG Blue Danube
Free travel on the bus from Graze to Klagenfurt, operated by the OBB Intercitybus company. You must book your seat reservation. Free travel on Klagenfurt/Villach to Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if your rail pass includes both Austria and Italy. Supplements are required
Free airport transfer on the S-Bahn trains in Vienna. Offer is not valid on bus or CAT. This transfer requires use of one day of travel on the pass.
- 10% discount for stay in Meininger hotels found in Vienna and Salzburg.
- 10% discount for A&O hotels
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Travel free of charge on board local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Keep in mind that Berlin is an exception and that Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount on the Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare to travel on board the Berlin Night express train operating beetween Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Keep in mind that reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount on sailings on boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ making regular runs on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount to travel on board the Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). We strongly advise that you make your seat reservations in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are:
- 10% reduction for stay in Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% reduction for stay in A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Rail Pass benefits in Italy
- Free transfer is available on the Leonardo Express between Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station for 1st class passholders only. Please note that this transfer requires the use of one day of travel on the pass.
- From Rome Fiumicino Airport on high speed train to/from Florence/Bologna/Padova/Venice.
- Free transportation on the ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) between Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if the Eurail pass is valid in both Austria and Italy. Reservations are required and can be made locally.
- Discounted fares on Thello international night and day trains between France and Italy if your pass is valid in France and/or Italy.
- Milano-Pavia-Voghera-Genova-Savona-Finale Ligure-Albenga-Alassaio Diano-Marina-Imperia-San Remo-Ventimiglia-Menton-Monaco-Nice-Antibes-Cannes-St Raphael-Les Arcs-Toulon-Marseille
- Attica Group/Operated by Superfast Ferries for International routes offers free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Bari-Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Patras and Ancona/Venice - Igoumenitsa/Patras. High season surcharge and port taxes may apply.
- 20% reduction on the Official Fares and 10% reduction on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berths or on crossings operated by Grimaldi Ferries on the following routes: Barcelona-Civitavecchia, Barcelona-Livorno, Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia), Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras, Civitavecchia / Porto Torres/Trapani, Livorno-Barcelona, Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna, Salerno/Palermo. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
- Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Patras/Igoumenitsa-Ancona/Ravenna/Trieste. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe, Florence, Via Brunelleschi 1, Rome, Via V. Veneto 62a, Venice, Bacino Orseolo and the Rock Shop at Rialto Bridge.
Rail Pass benefits in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- Reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- Discount on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- Discounted fare on the Wilhelm Tell Express, the nostalgic boat crossing Luzern-Flüelen including lunch and welcome package, and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano: (reservation compulsory)
- Cable Cars and Funiculars up to the montain peaks (discount of 25%-50%)
- Reduction on the Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- Reduction on the Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- Reduction to the summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- Discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
- Private Rail Roads (discount of 25%-50%)
- Rigi Railways
- The Jungfrau Region Railways
- Glacier Express between Disentis & Zermatt (discount of 25%)
- MGB trains between Andermatt and Göschenen
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trubsee-Titlis/Engelberg-Kleintitlis
- Golden Pass between Montreux-Interlaken-Luzern
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
Free travel on Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. With a Eurail Italy pass, you can travel on all trains from Trenitalia, the Italian railway company. Just bear in mind that reservation is compulsory on-board Frecciarossa, Frecciabianca, Frecciargento, and Eurostar trains. Overnight trains also require reservation of the sleeping compartments.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A. To obtain a refund, please return your unused, unvalidated tickets/pass to your travel agent, or send to your local Raileurope Office. Click here to get the information in our contact us section. Most tickets are required to be returned at least 3 days prior to the departure date, or to be stamped "Unused" at a rail station in Europe to be eligible for a refund. Please add a short note including the original booking number of the order. It is suggested that you send these documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery, should they get lost in the mail.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. On-board Eurostar, you are allowed two medium-sized cases (85cm at their longest length), and one piece of hand luggage per passenger. Any luggage over the allowance will be counted as excess luggage and will incur a fee. This will be arranged at the Eurostar terminal on your arrival.
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Muhammad H. | Comments 2 | Created: 24/11/2016
answered | Posted by Hashim a. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Tatev S. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ling n. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/11/2016