Britrail England PassFrom € 89 From € 89 BritRail
- Unlimited travel in England.
- Discount for families or groups of 3-9 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children under 5 travel for free.More details
- Youth (16 - 25) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The BritRail England Pass is the perfect pass if you have always dreamt of visiting England. Start with London, one of the world’s most exciting cities, and visit other iconic English cities such as Liverpool, Manchester, Bath, Oxford and more. Discover the English countryside, its typical beaches and cozy towns.
The BritRail England Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the BritRail England Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Britrail England Pass. Please note that residents of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 3 to 9 people.
- Adults usually get a 20% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 5 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 5 to 15 travel. Free travel limited to 1 child when accompanied by an adult who is a holder of a valid BritRail Pass.
As a rail pass will still be issued for the child, please make sure you include him/her in your booking.
All additional children aged 5 to 15 will benefit from a discounted fare.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
And the BritRail England Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts museums & activities, and more.
With the BritRail England Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the BritRail England Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Yes. If you’re on Turista class, you could buy some nice snacks and beverages to a bar buffet car. On Ave First class, a catering service will deliver you some meal and beverages directly to your seat. You could also get access to an A la Carte service at seat and even a bar service.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
- A. You can request 2 passengers in a double compartment. If there are no Double compartments available, you can then book a shared T3 but keep in mind, the third bed will be occupied by another passenger.
- A. Taking an overnight train is like adding a touch of adventure to your trip! Depending on the type of compartment you reserve, you will either be bunking with new found friends, or sharing a private room with your travel companions. Remember, you are on a train so the amount of space in each overnight compartment is not overwhelming. If you have booked a private sleeper, you will have more room to move around in and store your belongings. Please note that on some overnight trains you can expect to have your passports collected by railway officials on the train. This is primarily for your security. Your passport will be guarded overnight and then returned to you in the morning.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. First class on the Talgo 200 offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Talgo offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. All you'll need is your e-ticket # (found on your confirmation email). Please note: there may be multiple e-ticket # for your itinerary.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
answered | Posted by Ellie L. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Samantha Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/07/2016
answered | Posted by Pooja W. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/05/2016
answered | Posted by Gene F. | Comments 2 | Created: 01/05/2016
answered | Posted by HY L. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Britrail England Pass
Overall rating (7)
Overall appreciationExcellent 70% Very good 17% Average 13% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "Fast, Easy and Bargain price" Punit a. 17/10/2015
The offer on Britrail England pass was good. The Ordering and Delivery was very efficient. It was very easy to use the pass at the station. Value for money Convenience
- "So Easy" Rogayah y. 26/08/2014
It is great to be able to hop on and off trains without having too much trouble. It is only when trains have been cancelled and its the commuters' rush hour that there is something of a scrum for seats, even in !st class, which can be anywhere on the length of the train. So despite it no being perfect it is still worth the money for the convenience of not having to queue for a specific ticket. Value for money Convenience
- "Great choice" . 27/01/2014
the train package gave us the flexibility to travel all around UK, at anytime, and this was really useful. The train condition was good, definitely a better choice than bus.
- "A tube station interview" Andy l. 26/12/2013
The realisation that the London Underground was not part of the parcel was a little bit of a surprise. I am aware it was on/in the terms and conditions. I am, not blaming anyone but for a visitor maybe a white hole or portion in your map may be a better signal to ticket buyers. Most people end up in London or pass through it. Value for money Convenience
- "My experience with Rail Europe" . 11/09/2013
This is for the second time i traveled with rail Europe. As usual the booking was very simple and the journey was enjoyable. It is very comfortable, the trains are on time and you love to see countryside which you would not have enjoyed from plain. Next time i planned the tour i will surely prefer rail Europe. Again a Big Thanks!!!