Britrail England PassFrom € 89 From € 89 BritRail
BritRail England Pass: 20% off
Book before 22/02/2017 and save 20% on your BritRail England Pass to enjoy even more your trip!
- Unlimited travel in England.
- Discount for families or groups of 3-9 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children under 5 travel for free.More details
- Youth (16 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The BritRail England Pass is the perfect pass if you have always dreamt of visiting England. Start with London, one of the world’s most exciting cities, and visit other iconic English cities such as Liverpool, Manchester, Bath, Oxford and more. Discover the English countryside, its typical beaches and cozy towns.
The BritRail England Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the BritRail England Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Britrail England Pass. Please note that residents of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 3 to 9 people.
- Adults usually get a 20% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 5 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 5 to 15 travel. Free travel limited to 1 child when accompanied by an adult who is a holder of a valid BritRail Pass.
As a rail pass will still be issued for the child, please make sure you include him/her in your booking.
All additional children aged 5 to 15 will benefit from a discounted fare.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. Any bonus that is free will use a travel day on your railpass. Discounted bonuses will not require the use of a travel day, but do require that the railpass is valid.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Q. Can I get a discount on train travel in Great Britain when I purchase a Eurail or Eurail Select Pass?A. No, but you are eligible for a passholder fare on Eurostar, which travels from Paris or Brussels to London. For travel in Great Britain we offer BritRail products to help you travel around the country.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
answered | Posted by Ellie L. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Samantha Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/07/2016
answered | Posted by Pooja W. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/05/2016
answered | Posted by Gene F. | Comments 2 | Created: 01/05/2016
answered | Posted by HY L. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Britrail England Pass
Overall rating (7)
Overall appreciationExcellent 70% Very good 17% Average 13% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "Fast, Easy and Bargain price" Punit a. 17/10/2015
The offer on Britrail England pass was good. The Ordering and Delivery was very efficient. It was very easy to use the pass at the station. Value for money Convenience
- "So Easy" Rogayah y. 26/08/2014
It is great to be able to hop on and off trains without having too much trouble. It is only when trains have been cancelled and its the commuters' rush hour that there is something of a scrum for seats, even in !st class, which can be anywhere on the length of the train. So despite it no being perfect it is still worth the money for the convenience of not having to queue for a specific ticket. Value for money Convenience
- "Great choice" . 27/01/2014
the train package gave us the flexibility to travel all around UK, at anytime, and this was really useful. The train condition was good, definitely a better choice than bus.
- "A tube station interview" Andy l. 26/12/2013
The realisation that the London Underground was not part of the parcel was a little bit of a surprise. I am aware it was on/in the terms and conditions. I am, not blaming anyone but for a visitor maybe a white hole or portion in your map may be a better signal to ticket buyers. Most people end up in London or pass through it. Value for money Convenience
- "My experience with Rail Europe" . 11/09/2013
This is for the second time i traveled with rail Europe. As usual the booking was very simple and the journey was enjoyable. It is very comfortable, the trains are on time and you love to see countryside which you would not have enjoyed from plain. Next time i planned the tour i will surely prefer rail Europe. Again a Big Thanks!!!