Central Europe Triangle Pass
- Destinations: Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Central Europe Triangle Pass is the best rail pass to discover Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
It is important to know that the rail pass is valid for 3 one way journeys on the two routes below:
- Vienna - Budapest - Prague
- Vienna - Salzburg - Prague
You can start your journey from any of the cities on the routes, and you can also travel in any direction you want. This means that you can start your journey in Budapest and travel to Vienna before heading to Prague. You are, of course free, to choose another itinerary.
You can have 3 one way journeys during a 1 month period.The Central Europe Triangle Pass is therefore a great way to spend quality time in three beautiful central European countries, namely the Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary can use the Central Europe Triangle pass.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Your Eurail Italy pass must be validated at a ticket window at a larger train station in Italy only. A railway official will fill in the first and last day of validity and your passport number, and will stamp your Eurail Italy pass, so that it is valid for travel.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. Italo trains offer high speed train services connecting the major cities of Italy such as Milano, Bologna, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, Venezia, Torino and Padova. There are several daily connections between the main cities which are served by Italo. There are several daily connections between Milan and Roma and the number of connections will increase in the following years.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager.
- A. On-board Eurostar, you are allowed two medium-sized cases (85cm at their longest length), and one piece of hand luggage per passenger. Any luggage over the allowance will be counted as excess luggage and will incur a fee. This will be arranged at the Eurostar terminal on your arrival.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
Q. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd Class Eurail Select Pass instead of a 1st Class Eurail Select Pass?A. Eurail Select Pass is only available in 1st Class for adults and children. Eurail Select Youth Pass is offered in 2nd class to travelers under age 26.
answered | Posted by Erica C. | Comments 4 | Created: 11/10/2016
answered | Posted by Edel F. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/06/2016
answered | Posted by Judy R. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/06/2016
answered | Posted by Tapan C. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/04/2016
answered | Posted by CHUNG M. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/08/2015