Eurail Denmark PassFrom € 108 From € 108 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Denmark.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Denmark Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Denmark. Visit Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, take the train to Helsingor, home to Hamlet’s Castle or end up in Ribe, known as the Viking town. See even more of Denmark by visiting Odense, birthplace of Hans Christian Anderson, and discover the Egeskov Castle, Europe’s best-preserved Renaissance castle.
The Eurail Denmark Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Denmark Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Denmark Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Denmark Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Denmark
Private Rail Roads
- 50% off on the Arriva and DSB-Øresund private railroad.
- 50% off on the Nordjyske Jernbaner (private railway) between Frederikshaven – Skagen and Hirtshals – Hjorring.
10% discount between June 20 and August17 (high season). 20% discount during low season to travel on board the ferries of Fjord Line between Hirtshals-Kristiansand, Hirtshals-Langesund (20% all year) and Hirtshals-Stavanger - Bergen.
25% reduction to visit the Danish Railway Museum, in Odense.
1st class pass holders get free access to the DSB lounges in Århus, Copenhagen and Odense.
Get a free gift in the Rock Shop for any purchase. Hard Rock Café, Vesterbrogade #3 Copenhagen.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are Berlin-Copenhagen.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Yes. If you have a twin pass to travel in Germany, you need two German Rail Pass Extensions.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
- A. You can request 2 passengers in a double compartment. If there are no Double compartments available, you can then book a shared T3 but keep in mind, the third bed will be occupied by another passenger.
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
Q. Why is printing options not authorized for all tickets which are sold on the Rail Europe Websites?A.When booking your tickets, you can choose your printing option: Paper ticket, "Print @ Home" or "Print @ the station". Paper tickets are always available. Nevertheless, the other options can be unavailable, depending on the route you have chosen. Please note that for the moment, "Print @ the station" is only offered on Eurostar, ATOC and on all trains departing from France (domestic and international trains such as Thalys, TGV Lyria etc.). The "Print @ Home" option is only offered if the booking includes a Eurostar, Thalys, French Journeys or Spanish trains.
- A. Yes. If you’re on Turista class, you could buy some nice snacks and beverages to a bar buffet car. On Ave First class, a catering service will deliver you some meal and beverages directly to your seat. You could also get access to an A la Carte service at seat and even a bar service.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
Q. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd Class Eurail Select Pass instead of a 1st Class Eurail Select Pass?A. Eurail Select Pass is only available in 1st Class for adults and children. Eurail Select Youth Pass is offered in 2nd class to travelers under age 26.
- A. The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children under 16 years of age to travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The card is free, simply request one at the time you purchase your Swiss Pass. If you forget to mention it, then present your Swiss pass before boarding the train at any Swiss train station ticket window, at the time of validation and advise them that you need a Family Card. They will be able to provide you one.
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by S M. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/10/2016
answered | Posted by Pranav S. | Comments 2 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by ARTEMIS D. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
How do i go from copenhagen, denmark to holiday club resort in are,sweden? is there any train from copenhagen airport? how long it (...)[ol][li]I am planning to go from Copenhagen, Denmark to Holiday Club resort,Are in Sweden on 5th Sep and return to (...)
answered | Posted by Subrata D. | Comments 1 | Created: 03/08/2016
Reviews & ratings Denmark Pass
Overall rating (3)
Overall appreciationExcellent 44% Very good 56% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "Great experient" Thanatchaporn c. 01/08/2014
Traveling with Denmark pass help us save much money. There're modern and comfort trains. Staffs are so kind and helpful. Value for money Convenience