PROMO CODE*: 7ESS14 min. order €150
PROMO CODE*: 8ESS14 min. order €300
PROMO CODE*: 9ESS14 min. order €600
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
German Rail Pass
From € 154
Reviews & ratings (114)
Book before 29/09/2014 and save 25% on your pass!
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail network of Germany.
- German Rail Pass Extension: Perfect add-on for unlimited travel beyond Germany to cities like Brussels, Prague, Bologna, Venice and more.
- Seat reservation: Not included in the pass. Must be booked separately.
Book your German Rail Pass
|By checking this box, I certify that all selected parties will be travelling together.|| |
German Rail Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in EUR.
1 to 10 pax
Child Children up to 4 travel free and those aged under 12 get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior travellers aged 60 or over get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
Youth Travellers aged 12 to 25 get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
|3 days (within 1 month)||€||195 156 145 115.5||97.5 n/a 72.5 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 116 n/a|
|4 days (within 1 month)||€||210 167.5 155 124||105 n/a 77.5 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 125 n/a|
|5 days (within 1 month)||€||225 180 167 133.5||112.5 n/a 83.5 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 134 n/a|
|6 days (within 1 month)||€||248 198.5 184 147||124 n/a 92 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 147 n/a|
|7 days (within 1 month)||€||272 217.5 202 161.5||136 n/a 101 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 161 n/a|
|10 days (within 1 month)||€||343 274 254 203||171.5 n/a 127 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 203 n/a|
25% Off Fare conditions
|3 days (within 1 month)||€||260 208 193 154||130 n/a 96.5 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 154 n/a|
|4 days (within 1 month)||€||280 223.5 207 165.5||140 n/a 103.5 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 166 n/a|
|5 days (within 1 month)||€||300 240 222 178||150 n/a 111 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 178 n/a|
|6 days (within 1 month)||€||331 264.5 245 196||165.5 n/a 122.5 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 196 n/a|
|7 days (within 1 month)||€||363 290 269 215||181.5 n/a 134.5 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 215 n/a|
|10 days (within 1 month)||€||457 365.5 338 270.5||228.5 n/a 169 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 271 n/a|
Make the most of your trip in Germany!
The sightseeing of its varied landscape of mountains, forests and lakes will enchant you. Germany offers you as well a wide range of events, concerts and carnival parties that make the country a great holiday destination to be discovered with the rhythm of a complete rail travel across the country.
Who can getAny person living in a non-European country for more than 6 months can use the German Rail Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible to use it.
How to useValidation
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the rail pass (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number.
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding 1st train (All parties must be present when validating a Saverpass).
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar.
The 7PM rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day. Make sure that the following conditions are respected:
- Your pass should be activated
- You should not have travelled by train prior to your boarding on the departure day
- Board a night train after 7:00 pm
- Arrive at your destination after 4:00 am on the next day
- The arrival date should be within the validity of the pass
If the conditions are not respected, then you have to enter the departure and arrival dates on your pass.
How to activate your pass?You must activate or validate your rail pass at the train station. A railway staff will write down the first and last day of validity on your pass and will stamp it. This procedure must be done before using your rail pass.Click on the link to view the features that are necessary to activate a German Rail Pass .
Free transport on river boats on the Rine and Moselle
- The German Rail Pass is valid for free travel on the river boats operated by the Köln-Düsseldorfer Rheinschiffahrt AG; between Cologne and Mainz on the Rhine; and between Koblenz and Cochem on the Moselle river. This offer is not valid for boats with cabins or multi day river cruises.
- More info: www.k-d.de
50% discount on steamer boats on the Lake Constance
- The German Rail Pass entitles you to 50% discount on steamers on the Lake Constance (German: Bodensee). Lake Constance can be reached by train, for example by travelling from Munich or Stuttgart to Friedrichshafen.
- The boats are operated by Bodensee-Schiffsbetriebe (BSB) between April and mid-October. BSB has ticket offices in Konstanz, Friedrichshafen, Lindau, Überlingen and Meersburg.
- More info: www.bsb-online.com (German only)
20% discount on Europabus Romantic Road
- German Rail Pass holders get 20% discount on the regular fare of the Europabus motorcoach on the ‘Romantic Road’ (German: Romantische Strasse). It runs daily from April to October on the route: Frankfurt/M - Würzburg - Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Augsburg - Munich - Füssen. Enjoy medieval towns, vineyards and the famous royal castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau.
- The motorcoaches are operated by Touring Tours & Travel. We kindly advise to reserve seats about two working days in advance through Touring Tours & Travel, email: email@example.com, phone +49 (0) 69 719126 261 or fax +49 (0) 69 719126 156.
- It is recommended to reserve seats about two working days in advance on-line at: www.romanticroadcoach.de
10% discount on rack railways from Bayerische Zugspitzbahn
- With the German Rail Pass you get 10% discount on the rack railway trains between Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt.
- These cogwheel trains are operated by Bayerische Zugspitzbahn. Garmisch-Partenkirchen can be reached by train in less than 1,5 hours from Munich. - More info: www.zugspitze.de
Reduced fare on the Expressbus Nuremberg-Prague and Munich-Prague
- German Rail Pass holders are entitled to a special fare on the "Expressbus" motorcoach service from Nuremberg to Prague (Praha) in the Czech Republic.
- Discounted tickets and the compulsory reservations are available at the ticket windows of Prague or Nuremberg. In Czech Republic the special ticket and reservations are issued separately, while in Germany the ticket includes the reservation.
Discount on the trains for pass holders
- German Rail Pass holders have free access to trains however on long-distance trains such as ICE (Intercity-Express), IC (Intercity) or EC (Eurocity) reservations are recommended during peak travel times.
- The German Rail Pass exempts the holder from paying a surcharge on German High Speed trains such as ICE (except ICE Sprinter with compulsory reservation and supplement for special on-board service), InterCity (IC) and EuroCity (EC).
- Reservation is compulsory onboard ICE sprinter, international ICE to France, Berlin Warsaw Express and City Night Line trains and German Rail Pass holders are entitled to a special reduced fare.
A&O Hostels and Hotels: 10% discount on the daily rate
- The discount is granted for advance bookings only.
- Advance reservations can be made via the following channels – clients should mention either “rail pass” during the booking process: Online via the dedicated bookings link: www.aohostels.com/railpass By phone: free call numbers: 0800 225722 (within Germany) or 0800 228807 (within Austria) By phone – central reservations ++49 30 80 947 5110 Note that a valid pass must also be presented upon check-in The discount is granted in the following A&O Hostels and Hotels in Germany, Austria and Czech Republic.
The German Rail Pass is THE best way to discover Germany for non European residents. This pass provides unlimited travel on the Deutsch Railways (Deutsche Bahn) either in 1st Class or 2nd Class.
Moreover, thanks to partnerships bonuses, Germany can be the starting point of a more complete trip across Europe with special offers Berlin Warszawa Express, Paris-Germany Night Trains...
Your imagination is the unique limit to your journey.
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (114)
Overall appreciationExcellent 50% Very good 35% Average 13% Poor 2% Terrible 0%
"Great pass"Pui Chi l.
Can save money and easy to change the travel plan with pass Value for money Convenience
"3-day Rail Pass"Suntheralingam v. 15/04/2014
Bought the above and travelled to a few cities in Germany viz Passau and Koln. Very convenient. No hassle. Just hop onto virtually any DB train and the whole of Germany is yours. Excellent and very worth it for long trips. Value for money Convenience
"Nice and easy"Amit s. 24/02/2014
The trip was perfect. There was a delay in one of the train, but that was only for 15 mins and didn't affect my plan. Overall very satisfied. Value for money Convenience
"wonderful"Yuan w. 12/01/2014
rail way is always the good choice to travel. Value for money Convenience
"Ms Carmen CHAN"Man Ying Carmen c. 30/11/2013
The price of the German Rail Pass is very reasonable that would allow me to travel from Frankfurt to Fusen and vice versa. Apart from that, I can stay in Wursburg, Koblenz, Cochem and through the Romantic Road. The trip was smooth and one of the reasons was I would not interfere with any transportation problem because I had purchased your German Rail Pass. Thanks for your offer. Value for money Convenience
"Enjoyable "Chui Ki l. 14/11/2013
The trip is nice and safe. Value for money Convenience
"Close to our expectations"Suk Ha t. 04/11/2013
We have read the Travel Book Value for money Convenience
"Excellenet service"Sharada h. 17/06/2013
User friendly web site and quick prompt service! Value for money Convenience
"A good travel experience"Yuen Mei Yolanda t. 26/02/2013
The German Rail Pass is convenience and economic for budgeted travelers. It would help to save more $$ and time. The train officers were really nice, even arrange a 1st class seat for me and my sister whom were carrying 2 big luggages. German is a really nice place with environment and people Comfort Value for money Convenience
"An excellent way to travel"Judith p. 24/10/2012
My train trips in Germany were very comfortable. The ticketing process was easy. My only complaint is that there was no one to help me with my heavy bag on and off the train. I was away for eight weeks so had a rather big bag which someone put on the top luggage shelf on my way to Munich. There was no one on the station to help and I asked a man who was getting on the train to get it down for me. I was afraid the train was going to leave with me on it. Comfort Value for money Convenience