Eurail Germany - Austria - Czech Republic PassFrom € 255 From € 255 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Germany, Austria and Czech Republic
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Germany - Austria - Czech Republic Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit three countries in central Europe. Travel to Germany and discover one of Europe powerhouse before continuing your journey to Austria, a land characterized by its beautiful mountain villages and cities with baroque architecture. End your trip in Czech Republic, where you can enjoy the amazing nightlife in Prague.
The Eurail Select Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ’Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Germany - Austria - Czech Republic Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Germany - Austria - Czech Republic Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select Germany - Austria - Czech Republic Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, cruises & ferries, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select Germany - Austria - Czech Republic Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Austria
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% discount on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by the following companies BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October)
- 20% discount on sightseeing trips on the river Danube in Vienna and in Wachau. Trips are conducted by DDSG Blue Danube
Free travel on the bus from Graze to Klagenfurt, operated by the OBB Intercitybus company. You must book your seat reservation. Free travel on Klagenfurt/Villach to Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if your rail pass includes both Austria and Italy. Supplements are required
Free airport transfer on the S-Bahn trains in Vienna. Offer is not valid on bus or CAT. This transfer requires use of one day of travel on the pass.
- 10% discount for stay in Meininger hotels found in Vienna and Salzburg.
- 10% discount for A&O hotels
Rail Pass benefits in Czech Republic
1st class pass holders get free access to the CD lounges in main railway stations of the Czech Republic.
10% discount on the daily rate for stay at the A&O hotel and hostel in Prague.
Special ticket to travel on board the Expressbus from Prague-Nürnberg when you are a holder of a Eurail Pass. Keep in mind that reservations are not included and must be purchased at an additional price in Prague or Nuremburg.
Museums and Attractions
- 20% discount when visiting the CD railway museum in Luzna u Rukovnika
- Special fare when renting a bike at CD Bike
- Get a free gift in the Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Prague, Male Namesti, 142/3.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are Munchen – Prague/ Strasbourg-Mannheim-Nurnberg - Prague.
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Travel free of charge on board local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Keep in mind that Berlin is an exception and that Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount on the Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare to travel on board the Berlin Night express train operating beetween Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Keep in mind that reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount on sailings on boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ making regular runs on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount to travel on board the Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). We strongly advise that you make your seat reservations in advance by email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are:
- 10% reduction for stay in Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% reduction for stay in A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Book 1 passenger at a time, and select the Single compartment. You will need to do this step twice, once for each passenger.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
Q. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd Class Eurail Select Pass instead of a 1st Class Eurail Select Pass?A. Eurail Select Pass is only available in 1st Class for adults and children. Eurail Select Youth Pass is offered in 2nd class to travelers under age 26.
- A. The Eurail Select Pass is valid on trains operated by the national railways of the three to five bordering countries you select. However, some trains require seat reservations. For example, for many high-speed services, international trains, scenic trains and all night trains, an advance reservation is compulsory.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
- A. All 1 st class passes are valid for travel in all sleeper accommodations. If you have a 2 nd class pass, you are able to travel in T3 compartments and couchettes. Some T4 compartments are offered in 1 st and 2 nd class. Please be sure to check the details of the fare for the train you wish to travel on to determine what class the T4 is offered in.
- A. We recommend that you choose the Rail Protection Plan when travelling in Europe. It provides a compensation in the case of loss or theft when you are in Europe. Conditions apply. Visit our Contact us section to get more information about the Rail Protection Plan. Please note that the Rail Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
answered | Posted by Echo G. | Comments 2 | Created: 06/04/2017
answered | Posted by Julianna L. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/04/2017
We are a 60 plus years couple and intend to visit edinburg from london and back,from berlin to black forest and back,local sight (...)We are a 60 plus years couple from India and intend to visit Edinburg from London and back,from Berlin to black forest and (...)
answered | Posted by Debasish C. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/04/2017
answered | Posted by Kanokwan O. | Comments 0 | Created: 31/03/2017
answered | Posted by Debbie T. | Comments 0 | Created: 31/03/2017