Eurail Greece - Italy PassFrom € 175 From € 175 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Greece and Italy.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Greece-Italy Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Greece and Italy, two countries referred to as the gems of the Mediterranean. Travelling throughout these exciting countries by rail will reward you with unforgettable sightseeing and leisure. Greece and Italy are steeped in history yet offer much more. Expect spectacular art and sandy beaches as you tribal along with your Eurail Pass.
The Eurail Greece-Italy Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Greece-Italy Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Greece-Italy Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Greece - Italy Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Greece-Italy Pass you may travel on Italian Intercity, Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca, and Italian International which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Greece
- Free seats/dormitories for 1st class travelers, free deck passage for 2nd class travelers with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy from Bari-Corfu, Bari-Igoumenitsa and Bari-Patras, Ancona/Venice -Igoumenitsa, Ancona/Venice-Patras. Travellers who have a Eurail Greece Pass get a 30% discount. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply with Superfast Ferries.
- 30% discount only if you have already made a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Superfast Ferries or ANEK Line from Piraeus - Chios - Mitylene (Lesvos), Piraeus - Cyclades, Piraeus - Dodecanese or Rafina - Cyclades.
- Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a valid pass in Greece and Italy. 30% discount for travelers with a Eurail Pass valid in Greece only from Igoumenitsa - Patras - Ancona –Ravenna –Trieste when you ALSO take a ferry between Greece and Italy, operated by Minoan Lines. NOTE – Minoan Lines has introduced a 15 euro per passenger fuel surcharge (excluding infants).
- 30% discount only if you have already undertaken a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Minoan Lines. Igoumenitsa-Patras or Heraklion-Piraeus
- 20% discount on the Official Fares and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth or cabins on sea crossings between Italy and Greece and v.v. on the Grimaldi Lines to Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna and Brindisi - Patras/Igoumenitsa. Port taxes to be paid extra. Reservations to be made locally.
Free entrance to the Railway Museum in Siokou St. Athens. Open Tuesday - Sunday from 9:00am to 1:00pm and on Wednesday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
Trainose Bus free for passholders between Kiato-Patras
Rail Pass benefits in Italy
- Free transfer is available on the Leonardo Express between Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station for 1st class passholders only. Please note that this transfer requires the use of one day of travel on the pass.
- From Rome Fiumicino Airport on high speed train to/from Florence/Bologna/Padova/Venice.
- Free transportation on the ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) between Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if the Eurail pass is valid in both Austria and Italy. Reservations are required and can be made locally.
- Discounted fares on Thello international night and day trains between France and Italy if your pass is valid in France and/or Italy.
- Milano-Pavia-Voghera-Genova-Savona-Finale Ligure-Albenga-Alassaio Diano-Marina-Imperia-San Remo-Ventimiglia-Menton-Monaco-Nice-Antibes-Cannes-St Raphael-Les Arcs-Toulon-Marseille
- Attica Group/Operated by Superfast Ferries for International routes offers free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Bari-Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Patras and Ancona/Venice - Igoumenitsa/Patras. High season surcharge and port taxes may apply.
- 20% reduction on the Official Fares and 10% reduction on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berths or on crossings operated by Grimaldi Ferries on the following routes: Barcelona-Civitavecchia, Barcelona-Livorno, Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia), Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras, Civitavecchia / Porto Torres/Trapani, Livorno-Barcelona, Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna, Salerno/Palermo. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
- Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Patras/Igoumenitsa-Ancona/Ravenna/Trieste. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe, Florence, Via Brunelleschi 1, Rome, Via V. Veneto 62a, Venice, Bacino Orseolo and the Rock Shop at Rialto Bridge.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding ICE trains. Just be aware that for international destinations, ticket control and passport checks will occur on boarding the train. And if you are a pass holder, just remember that you have to validate your pass prior to boarding the ICE trains.
A. A travel day is any travel between 12 midnight on one day to 12 midnight of the following day (i.e. a 24-hour period). On each travel day, you can take as many trains or participating ferries as you wish.
A. First class on the Spanish day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Spanish day train offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
A. Yes. If you have a twin pass to travel in Germany, you need two German Rail Pass Extensions.
answered | Posted by ARTEMIS D. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
answered | Posted by Xristina P. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/08/2016
answered | Posted by Manpreet k. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2016
answered | Posted by Riki A. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/07/2016
answered | Posted by Barry H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/04/2016