- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London
- Frequent departures, every 15 minutes
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
100 mph. That’s the top speed on the Heathrow Express. And the convenience starts before you leave home. Now you can print your ticket before you travel. Heathrow Express is the best way to travel from London’s Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station in downtown London, with a travel time of only 15 minutes from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes from terminal 4 and 5. And the convenience continues as there are trains leaving every 15 minutes during the day. You’ll travel in air-conditioned, smoke-free cars, with your choice of cell phone-free zones or onboard Express TV. So why take a cab when you have a non-stop rail link between London Heathrow Airport and downtown London? After all, with London traffic who wants to travel at speed of cab?
Here’s what’s included:
- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London from terminals 1, 3 and 5. Travelers arriving into terminal 4 connect through terminal 1 or 2 via a free inter terminal transfer.
- New: print your e-ticket at home before you travel.
- Frequent departures mean ultimate convenience: Every 15 minutes, trains depart from Heathrow Airport (terminals 1-5) and Paddington Station.
- Travel time is 15 minutes to/ from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes to/ from terminal 4 and 5.
- London Heathrow to Paddington Station - every 15 minutes from 5:12am - 11:48pm
- Paddington Station to London Heathrow - every 15 minutes from 5:10am - 11:25pm
- Air-conditioned with on-board Express TV and mobile phone-free zones.
- Tickets must be used within 3 months of the date of first use. The return portion of a round trip ticket must be used within 1 months of initial travel.
- Children under age 16 ride for free.
- Hours of Operation: 5:00am - 12:00am (midnight).
- No service on December 25 - 26.
- Unused tickets are 85% refundable within one year of purchase.
- Please note: BritRail Pass and BritRail England Pass cover Heathrow Express. Travel on Heathrow Express requires use of a travel day.
- A. To find them you only need to fill in the booking form. This is located on the home page or in the Train Tickets section. Provide us with the cities you would like to travel between and your travel date. A selection of schedules will be displayed. Select later train to see more schedules.
- A. All 1 st class passes are valid for travel in all sleeper accommodations. If you have a 2 nd class pass, you are able to travel in T3 compartments and couchettes. Some T4 compartments are offered in 1 st and 2 nd class. Please be sure to check the details of the fare for the train you wish to travel on to determine what class the T4 is offered in.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
- A. Yes all high-speed trains require reservations. Some 1st class trains include meal service in the price of your ticket.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.