Eurail Hungary - Romania PassFrom € 130 From € 130 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Hungary and Romania.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Hungary and Romania. Bucharest and Budapest - Their capitals may sound interchangeable, but Hungary and Romania are two countries with their own cultures and specificities! In Hungary, soak in curative thermal baths as steamy as the nation’s spicy goulash. In Romania, you’ll discover Europe last untouched wilderness.
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Hungary - Romania Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select Hungary-Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select Hungary-Romania Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Rail Pass benefits in Romania
30% reduction for stay in the following hotels: Hotel Alexandros and Lotru Villa in Busteni; tel. +40 244 320 138, Hotel Europa, and Ana Aslan Health Spa in Eforie Nord, tel. +40 241 741 710.
50% discount on the Romanian Railway Museum Bucuresti Nord Station.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Finding Train Tickets and Schedules can be accomplished with just a few simple steps. First click on the "Train Tickets" section, located on the top of any page. There you will find a form asking for your departure city and arrival city and the date that you would like to travel. You will also be asked the approximate time that you want to travel (morning, afternoon or evening). If you would like to book a round trip ticket, just click on the "Round Trip" option and provide the information for your return trip on the same page. Once all of your information has been entered and you have clicked "Search" you will be presented with a number of results to choose from. First, you will want to look through the times offered to see what the best schedule for your travel. Once you have chosen a schedule, you should begin to look at the prices that are offered. Fares are typically broken down into categories, Business, Flexi First, Best Price First, Flexi Second, Best Price Second and Super Saver. Best Price First and Best Price Second are classes tickets being more restrictive in terms of flexibility. Flexi First, Flexi second and Business are classes offering more flexibility. Although these classifications do apply to several different train types, it is always recommended that you click on the "Details" link under each fare type to show the specific refund and exchange rules for that price. Once you have decided on the train and fare that you would like to purchase, click on the "select" link, which will take you to the passenger selection page. Once you have input your passenger information you can choose to continue shopping or proceed to the checkout process.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding ICE trains. Just be aware that for international destinations, ticket control and passport checks will occur on boarding the train. And if you are a pass holder, just remember that you have to validate your pass prior to boarding the ICE trains.
- A. Yes, you’ll need to reserve your place on AVE trains like in most high speed trains in Europe.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. Any bonus that is free will use a travel day on your railpass. Discounted bonuses will not require the use of a travel day, but do require that the railpass is valid.
- A. The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children under 16 years of age to travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The card is free, simply request one at the time you purchase your Swiss Pass. If you forget to mention it, then present your Swiss pass before boarding the train at any Swiss train station ticket window, at the time of validation and advise them that you need a Family Card. They will be able to provide you one.
- A. You can use your Eurail Select pass on the national rail networks of the adjoining countries chosen when buying your Eurail Pass. Here is the list of the countries participating to the program: Austria, Benelux, Bulgaria, Croatia-Slovenia, Czech Republic Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro-Serbia, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
- A. A rail day lasts from midnight to midnight. You can take as many trains as you wish during this time.
- A. We recommend that you choose the Rail Protection Plan when travelling in Europe. It provides a compensation in the case of loss or theft when you are in Europe. Conditions apply. Visit our Contact us section to get more information about the Rail Protection Plan. Please note that the Rail Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
answered | Posted by Ade T. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2017
answered | Posted by Chandragupta B. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/04/2017
answered | Posted by Kanokwan O. | Comments 0 | Created: 31/03/2017
answered | Posted by Madhu M. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/03/2017
answered | Posted by Nicolette Y. | Comments 2 | Created: 12/03/2017