Eurail Hungary - Romania PassFrom € 128 From € 128 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free extra travel day!
Book before 28/09/2016 and benefit from 1 additional day of travel!
- Unlimited travel in Hungary and Romania.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Hungary and Romania. Bucharest and Budapest - Their capitals may sound interchangeable, but Hungary and Romania are two countries with their own cultures and specificities! In Hungary, soak in curative thermal baths as steamy as the nation’s spicy goulash. In Romania, you’ll discover Europe last untouched wilderness.
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Hungary - Romania Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Rail Pass benefits in Romania
30% reduction for stay in the following hotels: Hotel Alexandros and Lotru Villa in Busteni; tel. +40 244 320 138, Hotel Europa, and Ana Aslan Health Spa in Eforie Nord, tel. +40 241 741 710.
50% discount on the Romanian Railway Museum Bucuresti Nord Station.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. A consecutive-day pass provides unlimited rail travel on any day or all days for the duration of the pass. A flexipass is valid for a specific number of days within a longer period.
- A. Reservation is only compulsory for ICE Trains called ICE Sprinter as these trains have special services such as a meal and newspaper. Here is the list: Hamburg HBF - Frankfurt HBF, Frankfurt HBF- Berlin HBF, Berlin HBF - Frankfurt HBF, Hamburg HBF – Koeln HBF and Koeln HBF – Hamburg HBF. Passes valid to travel within Germany cover Eurail Global and Select Passes including Germany / Eurail Germany-Benelux Pass / Eurail Germany-Denmark Pass / Eurail Germany-France / German Rail Pass.
- A. First class on the Talgo 200 offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Talgo offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. Yes, we recomand that you would purchase tickets and make your seat reservations prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains and disrupting your travel plans.
- A. Check-in is usually open 30 minutes before AVE train leaves and is closed 2 minutes before departure. Also, bear in mind that ticket control and passport checks will occur before boarding AVE Trains. For travellers carrying Eurail Pass including Spain – just remember that you need to validate your pass prior to boarding AVE trains and get a reservation.
- A. When travelling with Thalys, you can carry a maximum of two suitcases per paying passenger (the largest side must be equal to 85 centimetres) and one item of hand luggage.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
- A. ICE trains link major German cities from Cologne in the west to Berlin in the east. But they also cross borders and go into France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- A.Refund policies for tickets will vary depending on the type of train and fare that are booked. Please check the "details" tab of each fare to obtain specific refund information for the fare you are purchasing.If you have already purchased your tickets, please review the terms and conditions that came with your documents. Except for PayPal, for which the amount can be reimbursed automatically on the PayPal account. For all the other payment services, a BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be sent to receive the reimbursement of your purchase.
answered | Posted by prateek s. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/09/2016
answered | Posted by Shobha R. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/09/2016
answered | Posted by Pramod G. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/09/2016
answered | Posted by neha k. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/08/2016
answered | Posted by Dadi O. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/08/2016