Eurail Hungary - Romania PassFrom € 128 From € 128 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Hungary and Romania.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Hungary and Romania. Bucharest and Budapest - Their capitals may sound interchangeable, but Hungary and Romania are two countries with their own cultures and specificities! In Hungary, soak in curative thermal baths as steamy as the nation’s spicy goulash. In Romania, you’ll discover Europe last untouched wilderness.
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Hungary - Romania Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Rail Pass benefits in Romania
30% reduction for stay in the following hotels: Hotel Alexandros and Lotru Villa in Busteni; tel. +40 244 320 138, Hotel Europa, and Ana Aslan Health Spa in Eforie Nord, tel. +40 241 741 710.
50% discount on the Romanian Railway Museum Bucuresti Nord Station.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Many passes offer travel days that are flexible. The 4 days of travel allow the traveler to choose the days that they want to travel in a 2 month time period. Example: If a pass is valid from July 1 to August 31. The traveler can then select 4 dates to travel on the train from July 1 to August 31. The days can be consecutive or non consecutive.
- A. The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children under 16 years of age to travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The card is free, simply request one at the time you purchase your Swiss Pass. If you forget to mention it, then present your Swiss pass before boarding the train at any Swiss train station ticket window, at the time of validation and advise them that you need a Family Card. They will be able to provide you one.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
- A. Taking an overnight train is like adding a touch of adventure to your trip! Depending on the type of compartment you reserve, you will either be bunking with new found friends, or sharing a private room with your travel companions. Remember, you are on a train so the amount of space in each overnight compartment is not overwhelming. If you have booked a private sleeper, you will have more room to move around in and store your belongings. Please note that on some overnight trains you can expect to have your passports collected by railway officials on the train. This is primarily for your security. Your passport will be guarded overnight and then returned to you in the morning.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
answered | Posted by israel m. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/12/2016
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Jaideep P. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2016
answered | Posted by prateek s. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/09/2016
answered | Posted by Shobha R. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/09/2016