Eurail Hungary - Romania PassFrom € 130 From € 130 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Hungary and Romania.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Hungary and Romania. Bucharest and Budapest - Their capitals may sound interchangeable, but Hungary and Romania are two countries with their own cultures and specificities! In Hungary, soak in curative thermal baths as steamy as the nation’s spicy goulash. In Romania, you’ll discover Europe last untouched wilderness.
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Hungary-Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Hungary - Romania Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select Hungary-Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select Hungary-Romania Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Rail Pass benefits in Romania
30% reduction for stay in the following hotels: Hotel Alexandros and Lotru Villa in Busteni; tel. +40 244 320 138, Hotel Europa, and Ana Aslan Health Spa in Eforie Nord, tel. +40 241 741 710.
50% discount on the Romanian Railway Museum Bucuresti Nord Station.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Your Eurail Select pass must be validated by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the Eurail Select Pass (station’s desk) who also fills your first and last day of travel in the passport number.
- A. Passes are non-transferable as travelers name appears on the Railpass, and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, which offers you the opportunity to reschedule your trip.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
Q. Why is printing options not authorized for all tickets which are sold on the Rail Europe Websites?A.When booking your tickets, you can choose your printing option: Paper ticket, "Print @ Home" or "Print @ the station". Paper tickets are always available. Nevertheless, the other options can be unavailable, depending on the route you have chosen. Please note that for the moment, "Print @ the station" is only offered on Eurostar, ATOC and on all trains departing from France (domestic and international trains such as Thalys, TGV Lyria etc.). The "Print @ Home" option is only offered if the booking includes a Eurostar, Thalys, French Journeys or Spanish trains.
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
- A. ICE trains link major German cities from Cologne in the west to Berlin in the east. But they also cross borders and go into France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
answered | Posted by Madhu M. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/03/2017
answered | Posted by Nicolette Y. | Comments 2 | Created: 12/03/2017
answered | Posted by Nelson K. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/02/2017
answered | Posted by P M. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/02/2017
answered | Posted by Anisha A. | Comments 2 | Created: 19/12/2016