Eurail Ireland PassFrom € 129 From € 129 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Ireland.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Ireland Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Ireland. Beyond its wild coastline, lively cities, and jaw dropping landscapes, you will find passionate people. Visit cities like Belfast and Dublin to discover a cosmopolitan and modern society.
The Eurail Ireland Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Ireland Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Ireland Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Ireland Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Ireland Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, cruises & ferries, and more.
With the Eurail Ireland Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Ireland Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Irish Ferries - 30% discount
Holyhead - Dublin Ferryport
Pembroke - Rosslare
Cherbourg - Rosslare; from February to December *
Roscoff - Rosslare; from May to September * * No daily sailings, advance reservation compulsory
Stena Line - 30% discount
Holyhead-Dun Loghaire: HSS (High Speed Service)
Dublin-Holyhead Superferry (Day Service)
Rail Pass benefits in Ireland
- 30% discount for the ferry crossings (standard fare) from Rosslare to Cherbourg (France) (February to December) and Rosslare to Roscoff (France) (May to September) operated by Irish Ferries. We recommend advance booking. No daily sailings.
- 30% discount on the crossings Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead (UK), Cairnryan - Belfast, Dublin Port-Holyhead, Liverpool - Belfast and Rosslare - Fishguard (UK) operated by Stena Line (standard fares).
- 30% discount on the crossings Dublin - Holyhead (UK) and Rosslare - Pembroke (UK) operated by Irish Ferries (standard fares).
- Free travel on the national railway of Northern Ireland operated by Translink NI Railways.
- Up to €30 discount for Railtours Ireland, an guided tour of Ireland
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
- A. All 1 st class passes are valid for travel in all sleeper accommodations. If you have a 2 nd class pass, you are able to travel in T3 compartments and couchettes. Some T4 compartments are offered in 1 st and 2 nd class. Please be sure to check the details of the fare for the train you wish to travel on to determine what class the T4 is offered in.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. The Eurail Select Pass is valid on trains operated by the national railways of the three to five bordering countries you select. However, some trains require seat reservations. For example, for many high-speed services, international trains, scenic trains and all night trains, an advance reservation is compulsory.
- A. You can use your Swiss pass in the whole Swiss Travel System: in all trains, Postbuses, ships, buses and even trams.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. A youth pass is valid for any traveler who is 27 years of age and younger.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
answered | Posted by Sarah M. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/12/2015
answered | Posted by Shani E. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/11/2015
answered | Posted by Shelly L. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/10/2015
answered | Posted by Jen Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/08/2015
answered | Posted by Mandy K. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015