Eurail Norway - Sweden Pass From € 185
- Unlimited travel in Norway and Sweden.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
Reviews & ratings (1)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
The Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Norway and Sweden.
Let your sense of adventure run free, as if you were a Viking explorer! Norway is a delightful country of contrasts with mountains, valleys, forests and fjords. And the best way to see it is up close by train! As for Sweden, it is home to the Sami people, the northernmost indigenous people living in Europe.
The Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, discounted ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any persons living in a non-European country can use the Norway - Sweden Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver pass discount?
A Saver pass discount allows families or groups of 2 to 5 people travelling together to get a discount. Adults get a 15% discount and children get 50% off.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 6 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Enjoy your trip with the discounts and bonuses that come with your rail pass.
From hotel discounts to reduced museum fares and free ferry trips, your rail pass saves you money.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
The national railway company of Norway is NSB
A Eurail Pass valid for Norway is also valid for travel from Oslo to Gøteborg and from Oslo to Stockholm (Sweden) in direct border crossing trains
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Color Line 50% discount (not on cabins)
- Hirtshals - Kristiansand
- Hirtshals - Larvik* * discount on day sailings only Norway +47 (0)81 500 811 Denmark +45 (0)99 561 977
DFDS Seaways 25% discount on all categories except Commodore class
- Copenhagen-Oslo Reservation at: www.dfdsseaways.com/railpass (subject to availability)
Fjord 1 Fylkesbaatane
- Flåm-Gudvangen: and all other tourist ferries, except car ferries
The Flåm Railway 30% discount
- Myrdal - Flåm
Nettbuss Møre AS 50% discount
Bus Åndalsnes - Ålesund
Veøy Buss AS 50% discount
Bus Åndalsnes - Molde
Railway museum Hamar admission free!!
The national railway company of Sweden is SJ
A Eurail Pass valid in Sweden is also valid on the following railway lines:
- Direct SJ trains to and from Copenhagen and Copenhagen Airport
- Direct border crossing trains from Göteborg and Stockholm to Oslo
- Arlanda Express
- DSB First
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Tallink Silja Oy 50% discount
- Riga (Latvia)-Stockholm: 50% discount
- Stockholm-Turku via Mariehamn: 50% discount
- Helsinki-Stockholm via Mariehamn: 50% discount
- Tallinn (Estonia)-Stockholm: 50% discount All discounts granted on the cabin category C-A. Port taxes are extra. Finland: +358(0)600 174 552 Sweden: +46(0)822 2140
Scandlines free transportation
- Helsingør - Helsingborg
Viking Line 50% discount
- Turku/Helsinki - Stockholm
Stena Line 20% discount ;;
- Frederikshavn - Göteborg
- Grenå - Varberg Denmark: +45 96 200 200 Sweden: +46 (0)31 704 0000
Destination Gotland special fare
- Oskarshamn-Visby (rail passes are valid on the bus from Berga to Oskarshamn)
Berlin Night Express: reduced fare for pass holders if the pass is valid in Sweden
- Malmö - Berlin, including the ferry crossing Sassnitz-Trelleborg (with compulsory reservation of a couchette or bed)
Veljekset Salmela free bus transportation
- Kemi/Tornio - Haparanda (Sweden)
Länstrafiken in Norrboten free transportation on county busses
- Haparanda - Luleå
Sveriges Järnvägsmuseum (Railway Museum), admission free
Gävle and Ängelholm www.banverket.se/jarnvagsmuseum
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. From Germany, several cities in bordering countries can be reached. The Intercity Express (ICE) goes to Brussels, the DB Expressbus to Prague, the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Kufstein and Innsbruck and the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice.
- A. You can print your Thalys ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available in FRANCE ONLY before boarding your Thalys train.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. Generally, dogs are permitted on trains. Sometimes they may need to be contained in a pet carrier, or they may have to wear a muzzle or leash. Dogs normally travel at half the fare of a 2nd class ticket; this charge is payable directly to the conductor. Pets are not allowed on trains in Great Britain, Spain, Ireland, Norway, and Finland. Currently the only animals that will be permitted to travel on the Eurostar are guide dogs for the visually impaired.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. First class on the Spanish day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Spanish day train offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
answered | Posted by Christina Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/02/2015
answered | Posted by Oded B. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/02/2015
answered | Posted by Lilla P. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/02/2015
I am new traveller in europe. i plan to travel on 20th feb, 2015 from norway to france. we are 5 adults and 1 child. please help (...)I am new traveller in europe. I plan to travel on 20th Feb, 2015 from Norway to France. We are 5 Adults and 1 Child. Please help (...)
answered | Posted by Raju S. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/01/2015
answered | Posted by Fikret G. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/01/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (1)
Overall appreciationExcellent 0% Very good 100% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
"Easy and comfartable transport"Nicolaas d.
We travelled all of Norway and Sweden and what A pleasure it was to make use of this!! Comfortable, spacious, friendly staff, good speed! Great stuff!! Will definitely use it again! Value for money Convenience