Eurail Norway - Sweden Pass From € 185
- Unlimited travel in Norway and Sweden.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free.
Reviews & ratings (1)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
The Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Norway and Sweden.
Let your sense of adventure run free, as if you were a Viking explorer! Norway is a delightful country of contrasts with mountains, valleys, forests and fjords. And the best way to see it is up close by train! As for Sweden, it is home to the Sami people, the northernmost indigenous people living in Europe.
The Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, discounted ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Norway-Sweden Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any persons living in a non-European country can use the Norway - Sweden Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver pass discount?
A Saver pass discount allows families or groups of 2 to 5 people travelling together to get a discount. Adults get a 15% discount and children get 50% off.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 6 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Enjoy your trip with the discounts and bonuses that come with your rail pass.
From hotel discounts to reduced museum fares and free ferry trips, your rail pass saves you money.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
The national railway company of Norway is NSB
A Eurail Pass valid for Norway is also valid for travel from Oslo to Gøteborg and from Oslo to Stockholm (Sweden) in direct border crossing trains
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Color Line 50% discount (not on cabins)
- Hirtshals - Kristiansand
- Hirtshals - Larvik* * discount on day sailings only Norway +47 (0)81 500 811 Denmark +45 (0)99 561 977
DFDS Seaways 25% discount on all categories except Commodore class
- Copenhagen-Oslo Reservation at: www.dfdsseaways.com/railpass (subject to availability)
Fjord 1 Fylkesbaatane
- Flåm-Gudvangen: and all other tourist ferries, except car ferries
The Flåm Railway 30% discount
- Myrdal - Flåm
Nettbuss Møre AS 50% discount
Bus Åndalsnes - Ålesund
Veøy Buss AS 50% discount
Bus Åndalsnes - Molde
Railway museum Hamar admission free!!
The national railway company of Sweden is SJ
A Eurail Pass valid in Sweden is also valid on the following railway lines:
- Direct SJ trains to and from Copenhagen and Copenhagen Airport
- Direct border crossing trains from Göteborg and Stockholm to Oslo
- Arlanda Express
- DSB First
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Tallink Silja Oy 50% discount
- Riga (Latvia)-Stockholm: 50% discount
- Stockholm-Turku via Mariehamn: 50% discount
- Helsinki-Stockholm via Mariehamn: 50% discount
- Tallinn (Estonia)-Stockholm: 50% discount All discounts granted on the cabin category C-A. Port taxes are extra. Finland: +358(0)600 174 552 Sweden: +46(0)822 2140
Scandlines free transportation
- Helsingør - Helsingborg
Viking Line 50% discount
- Turku/Helsinki - Stockholm
Stena Line 20% discount ;;
- Frederikshavn - Göteborg
- Grenå - Varberg Denmark: +45 96 200 200 Sweden: +46 (0)31 704 0000
Destination Gotland special fare
- Oskarshamn-Visby (rail passes are valid on the bus from Berga to Oskarshamn)
Berlin Night Express: reduced fare for pass holders if the pass is valid in Sweden
- Malmö - Berlin, including the ferry crossing Sassnitz-Trelleborg (with compulsory reservation of a couchette or bed)
Veljekset Salmela free bus transportation
- Kemi/Tornio - Haparanda (Sweden)
Länstrafiken in Norrboten free transportation on county busses
- Haparanda - Luleå
Sveriges Järnvägsmuseum (Railway Museum), admission free
Gävle and Ängelholm www.banverket.se/jarnvagsmuseum
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. A Swiss pass is valid on trains operated by SBB (Schweizerische BundesBahn), the national railway company of Switzerland. For domestic trains in Switzerland operated, seat reservations are not required. Exceptions are the special scenic trains such as Bernina Express, Glacier Express, Golden Pass and Wilhelm Tell Express. For these trains, a supplement and/or seat reservation is required for Swiss Pass holders. There are also some international trains from Switzerland that require a reservation fee. Examples are the ICE International to Germany, the TGV Lyria to France and the Railjet to Budapest.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 bags/suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage and every piece of luggage must be labelled. Luggage can be stored in the racks above your seat on ICE trains.
- A. There are two options: Option 1 You can select a Single compartment for 1 of the passengers and select a Double compartment for the 2 remaining passengers. Option 2 You can select 3 Single compartments, each will need to be requested on the website separately having 1 passenger on each reservation.
- A. Yes, depending on the country you are traveling in. Generally there are local trains that travel the same route as high-speed trains, however they generally take much longer to travel the same route. You will need to weigh the cost of a reservation compared with the time it will take to travel the same route. Example: Lyon to Marseille is generally about 1 hour 45 minutes on the TGV. A local train for this same route would be about 3 and half hours.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
- A. No. You need to buy your Eurail Italy pass before travelling to Europe. Just remember that Eurail passes, including Eurail Italy pass, can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
answered | Posted by Fikret G. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/01/2015
answered | Posted by Yim L. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/12/2014
answered | Posted by Ian D. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/11/2014
answered | Posted by Chun H. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/11/2014
answered | Posted by Lena T. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/10/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (1)
Overall appreciationExcellent 0% Very good 100% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
"Easy and comfartable transport"Nicolaas d.
We travelled all of Norway and Sweden and what A pleasure it was to make use of this!! Comfortable, spacious, friendly staff, good speed! Great stuff!! Will definitely use it again! Value for money Convenience