Renfe Spain PassSpain : RENFE
- 4, 6, 8 or 10 trips to be used within 1 month.
- Easiest way to visit Spain’s most famous cities.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Renfe Spain Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Spain. Visit main cities like Barcelona and Madrid, discover UNESCO World heritage cities like Toledo, Cuenca, Segovia and Avila or choose any Spanish city served by high speed trains.
The Renfe Spain Pass allows you to take 4, 6, 8 or 10 journeys within 1 month. Just pick a validity based on how intensively you wish to travel.
Remember to retrieve your reservation at a local station before boarding a high speed train. The reservation is included in your Renfe Spain Pass. No surcharge applies!
The Renfe Spain Pass is also packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Free guided tours, Discounted tourist card and more are included in your pass.
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Renfe Spain Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Renfe Spain Pass.
How to use a rail pass?
Reservations are required for domestic and day trains. You can schedule reservations in Spain or through Rail Europe’s Customer Contact Center by email.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Barcelona: 30% discount on the purchase of gothic or modernism routes by Barcelona Walking Tours
Calatayud: 50% discount on a guided tour.
Ciudad Real: Ciudad Real Tourist card.
Lleida: EMOCITY Card -Segovia: Segovia Tourist Card.
Sevilla: Sevilla Fidelio Discount Card.
Tarragona Free guided tour.
Toledo: 20% Discount on Tourist Card and guided tours.
Valencia: 15% discount on Valencia Tourist Card
Valladolid: Valladolid Tourist Card.
Zaragoza: Zaragova Tourist Card 24 Hours.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. The AVE offers 2 first class options they are called Club class and Preferente class. Club class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. This class of service offers tables for each seat. Preferente class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. Tourist class (2nd Class) on the AVE offers generous legroom, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. A Swiss Pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services for periods ranging from four days to one month in 41 cities.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
Q. What are the differences between a Single, Double, T2, T3, T4, and couchette on overnight trains?A. Sleeper accommodations vary according to amenities and the number of people occupying the compartment. The name or number advises how many beds are in each room. A couchette (pronounced "koo-SHET") is normally usually in 2nd Class. A couchette accommodates 6 passengers, male and female, and offers no amenities. Keep in mind that some compartments are gender specific unless the compartment is booked in full. For more information about sleepers please visit our how to book sleepers page.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
Q. If I'm traveling through a country not included on Eurail Select Pass, can I add that country to the pass?A. Passes are only valid for travel in the countries covered by that particular pass. If you travel through a country not included on your pass, you'll need to purchase an additional ticket for that part of the trip. For example, if you travel from Germany to Italy through Austria, Austria is not a country on your Eurail Select Pass and will not be covered; you must purchase an additional ticket. If you have not purchased your pass please view our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
- A. This depends mainly on what Eurostar ticket you have. Business Premier passengers can check-in just 10 minutes before departure whereas Standard Premier and Standard passengers need to check-in 30 minutes before departure. To ensure you have time to go through the security checks and passport control, we would recommend you arriving at the station at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with Eurostar.
- A. Passes are non-transferable as travelers name appears on the Railpass, and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, which offers you the opportunity to reschedule your trip.
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Anna D. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ciska K. | Comments 2 | Created: 11/11/2016
answered | Posted by Collette K. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/11/2016
answered | Posted by LEE K. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/11/2016