Eurail Romania PassFrom € 59 From € 59 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Romania.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Romania Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Romania. Known mostly for its tumbling gymnasts and rich cultural heritage, Romania is also a perfect destination for adventurers. Lie on the beaches of the Black Sea, visit castles and fortresses or soak in a natural spa. Start by visiting the capital, Bucharest, referred to as the Paris of the East.
The Eurail Romania Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Romania Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Romania Pass you may travel on IC/ICE, and A/R trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Romania
30% reduction for stay in the following hotels: Hotel Alexandros and Lotru Villa in Busteni; tel. +40 244 320 138, Hotel Europa, and Ana Aslan Health Spa in Eforie Nord, tel. +40 241 741 710.
50% discount on the Romanian Railway Museum Bucuresti Nord Station.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. First class on the TGV France-Italy offers large, comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV France-Italy offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. You can travel in first or second class. It depends on the classes of services which correspond to your German Rail Pass. In the ExpressBus to/from Munich to Prague, only 2nd class is available.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
- A. This depends mainly on what Eurostar ticket you have. Business Premier passengers can check-in just 10 minutes before departure whereas Standard Premier and Standard passengers need to check-in 30 minutes before departure. To ensure you have time to go through the security checks and passport control, we would recommend you arriving at the station at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with Eurostar.
- A. You can request 2 passengers in a double compartment. If there are no Double compartments available, you can then book a shared T3 but keep in mind, the third bed will be occupied by another passenger.
answered | Posted by Michelle W. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/01/2016
answered | Posted by Hanoch D. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/01/2016
answered | Posted by Ricardo R. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2015
answered | Posted by Mandy K. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by Sushil B. | Comments 2 | Created: 16/06/2015