Eurail Romania PassFrom € 59 From € 59 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Romania.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Romania Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Romania. Known mostly for its tumbling gymnasts and rich cultural heritage, Romania is also a perfect destination for adventurers. Lie on the beaches of the Black Sea, visit castles and fortresses or soak in a natural spa. Start by visiting the capital, Bucharest, referred to as the Paris of the East.
The Eurail Romania Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Romania Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Romania Pass you may travel on IC/ICE, and A/R trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on hotels, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Romania Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Romania
30% reduction for stay in the following hotels: Hotel Alexandros and Lotru Villa in Busteni; tel. +40 244 320 138, Hotel Europa, and Ana Aslan Health Spa in Eforie Nord, tel. +40 241 741 710.
50% discount on the Romanian Railway Museum Bucuresti Nord Station.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. You can get free (or cheap) boat trips, discounts on rail travel, free admission in museums, a 50% discount on mountain top excursions and more. You can obtain these benefits locally by showing your Swiss pass, or you can contact the specific benefit company in advance. The discount benefits apply during the validity of your Swiss pass, whereas free passage on trains, buses or ferries is only valid on travel days.
- A. A consecutive-day pass provides unlimited rail travel on any day or all days for the duration of the pass. A flexipass is valid for a specific number of days within a longer period.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. The Eurail Italy Pass is the best choice if you want to spend your time exploring Italy. Eurail Italy pass is valid for one month, and the number of travel days available varies from 3 to 10 days.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
answered | Posted by Michelle W. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/01/2016
answered | Posted by Hanoch D. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/01/2016
answered | Posted by Ricardo R. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2015
answered | Posted by Mandy K. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by Sushil B. | Comments 2 | Created: 16/06/2015