Austria Intl. Night Trains
- Vienna - Venice: 11:25
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Night trains
- Secure cabins with cozy berths
- Save on accommodation
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Austria Intl. Night Trains
Austria Int night trains: Austria, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Switzerland, Czech Rep.
The Austria International night trains are operated by ÖBB, the national railway company of Austria. The night trains, also known as ÖBB night trains, allow you to travel across the most embraced countries in Europe: Austria, Italy, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland and Croatia. The Austria International night trains offer affordable and excellent service as well as being comfortable. The on board personnel is available to cater for your needs. The Austria International night trains are ideal to rest while travelling. You will wake up at your destination fresh and ready to explore. Plus you even save on accommodation costs thanks to the comfy sleeper cabins.
|Bruck An Der Mur||Rome||11:57||€ 89|
|Bruck An Der Mur||Venice||05:31||€ 59|
|Milan||Bruck An Der Mur||09:04||€ 79|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Austria Intl. Night Trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Railway stations served by the Austria International night trains have all the necessary facilities for travellers. Railway stations managed by ÖBB are mostly modern and comfortable stations with travel agencies to advise on holiday planning, cosy coffee shops and shops!There is no check-in before boarding. You are advised to arrive at the railway station at least 10 minutes early to find your way and to confirm your seat with the on board personnel.
|First class||First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Deluxe||Sleeper||Couchettes||2nd class seats|
|Sleeper cars The double-deck sleeper cars to Zurich and Bregenz are a great way to travel relaxed. small>|
|1-bed cabin Make the most of your trip with a bed, table and chairs included in the cabin. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Breakfast The most important meal of the day for a memorable experience. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|1 to 4-bed cabin Ample space for a very comfortable ride. small>|
|Separate compartments A maximum privacy is offered to ladies travelling alone. small>|
|4 to 6-bed cabin The best way for a very comfortable ride in the company of friends or other fellow travellers. small>|
|Shared bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
- A. No. A ticket allows you to board the train, but does not guarantee you a seat. You must make a seat reservation to have a guaranteed seat on the train. NOTE: On certain trains tickets and reservations are sold together as one ticket.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very accessible and easy to find. Although the physical train station addresses are generally not listed, the stations are centrally located within the city and accessible with the cities public transportation system or taxi. Check with hotel concierge to give you the best directions from your hotel. Taxi drivers know how to get your to your station fast and worry free.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
Q. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd Class Eurail Select Pass instead of a 1st Class Eurail Select Pass?A. Eurail Select Pass is only available in 1st Class for adults and children. Eurail Select Youth Pass is offered in 2nd class to travelers under age 26.
- A. A pass holder is a reduced fare that can be purchased in place of a ticket. It requires the use of 1 day on a rail pass and is generally required for high-speed trains.
- A. You will be able to book a Thalys ticket 90 days in advance.
Q. Would I qualify for a railpass if I have a European passport, but am a permanent resident of another country?A. We are not able to sell rail passes or tickets to residents of Europe, the UK, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you are a resident of these countries, we will not be able to sell you one of our passes. If you are a citizen of any of these countries, but are a resident of another country, we are able to sell the rail pass or tickets to you. Passes are based on residency not citizenship, and the country of your residence will be printed on the rail pass.
- A. Go to our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules select the number of passengers then click the box next to "Click this box if you have a Rail Pass". All results that are displayed will show you fares that are valid for passes. To insure you select the correct fare for your pass view the details. All passes that are valid with each fare are listed in the details.
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
answered | Posted by Ade T. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2017
answered | Posted by Chandragupta B. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/04/2017
answered | Posted by Lori B. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/04/2017
answered | Posted by Kanokwan O. | Comments 0 | Created: 31/03/2017
answered | Posted by Hiu K. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/03/2017
Reviews & ratings Austria Intl. Night Trains
Overall rating (39)
Overall appreciationExcellent 19% Very good 32% Average 25% Poor 13% Terrible 11%
- "Very scenic" Mun Wai James k. 19/12/2016
Very scenic ride through the Dolomites Value for money Convenience
- "Venice - Vienna" Michael s. 20/09/2016
Long overnight train. Ideal for students/back-packers; as it safes a nights accommodation. Nice scenary on the Austrian side Value for money Convenience
- "Great experience!" Sokyoeun l. 08/09/2016
The staff that was onsite was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed eh welcome dessert and sparkling wine. Breakfast was decent. We would definitely recommend this to friends. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy and efficient" Brigid g. 25/08/2016
The train came and departed exactly on schedule, we boarded the train, found our seats and that was it until we arrived at our destination. Everything about this trip was easy. Value for money Convenience
- "Convenient and Hasslefree" Habib a. 22/08/2016
Trains are the most beautiful way of travelling in Europe. No questions about that. I enjoyed this trip to Berlin Ostbahnof. Nice seats, Hasslefree and convenient. Train arrived at Warsaw late but it was alright. The informations at Warsaw were helpful as well. I enjoyed my journey. Satisfied! Value for money Convenience
- "inconvenience of booking" Michael b. 09/06/2016
we could not book the ticket in cape town south africa and had to pay for a courier to fly it from johannesburg to cape town for a great cost. surely in todays time one should be able to book it on line to avoid courier costs.. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice metre to Vienna." . 08/06/2016
Our trip was from Venice me store to Vienna. Considering that this is a long distance train, most travellers had a fair amount of luggage as much as 1 big and 1 small suitcase. The train arrived on platform 4. Descending from platform 1 was by elevator. But you can imagine our plight when we had to carry these suitcases up 30-35 steps as there was no escalator or elevator. We did see a lot of passengers struggle. In fact I pulled a muscle by the end of it.
- "my night trains trip" Yanapong s. 31/03/2016
Not as expect for comfort and convenience during journey. A little bit of confused looking for seats with a few second stop on arrival. My train hostage's also keep quiet of her smile with her boring duty. The good thing is about on time of destination for the next connection. Value for money Convenience
- "Night Train to Zurich " Lee Yoon c. 27/10/2015
It was a very good experience travelling by the night train from the Vienna to Zurich. The night train started at very late hours around 11.45 pm and we have to wait for it in the train station for a few hours as it was pretty cold at winter now. The train looked a bit old and the the 2 pax sleepers rooms we booked was small. We have 2 big luggages and that already take up most of the space beside the bed and hardly can find any other space. Luckily my husband and I were not fat, we are able to fit into the 2 small beds, 1 in the upper and the other in the lower decker. There is a small basin in the room and it looked old too. By the next morning when we reach Zurich, the scenery outside the train refreshed us a lot. A light breadfast was served to us from the train crew and his look was serious and never smile. I think if the train crew could be a little bit friendly and that could make us feel happier a little. Overall, the night train is not as comfortable as the trains we travelled in the day time. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Mew Yong t. 14/10/2015
The overnight train is clean and comfortable. Comes with welcoming pack and breakfast. 3 bunk beds per coach (not too crowded). Conductor wakes you up 30 minutes before arrival while serving breakfast. Value for money Convenience
- "Night train travel" Rajendra p. 31/07/2015
We travelled on EN236 from Venice to Vienna. The accommodation was comfortable for sitting posture. But one can hardly sleep by sliding the chair if the compartment has all the six occupants present. In the peak tourist season I would advise a sleeper accommodation. The train operated on time. Value for money Convenience
- "will recommend to others but.." Phung Phoi t. 27/07/2015
The entire trip was great. Staffs were friendly Value for money Convenience
- "safe and sleep" Yiu Kan p. 29/06/2015
sleep well Value for money Convenience
- "Great Experience in Sleeper" Yanik n. 23/06/2015
The service was great and travelling overnight was very efficient and the travel time passed very quickly. Value for money Convenience
- "cheaper than normal price" Lai Nga l. 18/06/2015
it is cheaper than normal price, but seat space so crowd. Value for money Convenience