Austria Intl. Night Trains
Save € 30 with code EUROPE1737 - book 3 months in advance
Save € 20 with code EUROPE1721 - book 2 months in advance
Save € 10 with code EUROPE1705 - book 1 month in advance
- Vienna - Venice: 11:25
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Night trains
- Secure cabins with cozy berths
- Save on accommodation
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Austria Intl. Night Trains
Austria Int night trains: Austria, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Switzerland, Czech Rep.
The Austria International night trains are operated by ÖBB, the national railway company of Austria. The night trains, also known as ÖBB night trains, allow you to travel across the most embraced countries in Europe: Austria, Italy, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland and Croatia. The Austria International night trains offer affordable and excellent service as well as being comfortable. The on board personnel is available to cater for your needs. The Austria International night trains are ideal to rest while travelling. You will wake up at your destination fresh and ready to explore. Plus you even save on accommodation costs thanks to the comfy sleeper cabins.
|Rome||Bruck An Der Mur||11:35||€ 89|
|Bruck An Der Mur||Venice||05:31||€ 59|
|Milan||Bruck An Der Mur||09:04||€ 79|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Austria Intl. Night Trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Railway stations served by the Austria International night trains have all the necessary facilities for travellers. Railway stations managed by ÖBB are mostly modern and comfortable stations with travel agencies to advise on holiday planning, cosy coffee shops and shops!There is no check-in before boarding. You are advised to arrive at the railway station at least 10 minutes early to find your way and to confirm your seat with the on board personnel.
|First class||First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Deluxe||Sleeper||Couchettes||2nd class seats|
|Sleeper cars The double-deck sleeper cars to Zurich and Bregenz are a great way to travel relaxed. small>|
|1-bed cabin Make the most of your trip with a bed, table and chairs included in the cabin. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Breakfast The most important meal of the day for a memorable experience. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|1 to 4-bed cabin Ample space for a very comfortable ride. small>|
|Separate compartments A maximum privacy is offered to ladies travelling alone. small>|
|4 to 6-bed cabin The best way for a very comfortable ride in the company of friends or other fellow travellers. small>|
|Shared bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very accessible and easy to find. Although the physical train station addresses are generally not listed, the stations are centrally located within the city and accessible with the cities public transportation system or taxi. Check with hotel concierge to give you the best directions from your hotel. Taxi drivers know how to get your to your station fast and worry free.
- A. Your Eurail Italy pass must be validated at a ticket window at a larger train station in Italy only. A railway official will fill in the first and last day of validity and your passport number, and will stamp your Eurail Italy pass, so that it is valid for travel.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
answered | Posted by Madhu M. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/03/2017
answered | Posted by Gavin B. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/03/2017
answered | Posted by Nicolette Y. | Comments 2 | Created: 12/03/2017
answered | Posted by Vikram M. | Comments 4 | Created: 02/03/2017
answered | Posted by Sheeja . | Comments 0 | Created: 25/02/2017
Reviews & ratings Austria Intl. Night Trains
Overall rating (39)
Overall appreciationExcellent 19% Very good 32% Average 25% Poor 13% Terrible 11%
- "Very scenic" Mun Wai James k. 19/12/2016
Very scenic ride through the Dolomites Value for money Convenience
- "Venice - Vienna" Michael s. 20/09/2016
Long overnight train. Ideal for students/back-packers; as it safes a nights accommodation. Nice scenary on the Austrian side Value for money Convenience
- "Great experience!" Sokyoeun l. 08/09/2016
The staff that was onsite was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed eh welcome dessert and sparkling wine. Breakfast was decent. We would definitely recommend this to friends. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy and efficient" Brigid g. 25/08/2016
The train came and departed exactly on schedule, we boarded the train, found our seats and that was it until we arrived at our destination. Everything about this trip was easy. Value for money Convenience
- "Convenient and Hasslefree" Habib a. 22/08/2016
Trains are the most beautiful way of travelling in Europe. No questions about that. I enjoyed this trip to Berlin Ostbahnof. Nice seats, Hasslefree and convenient. Train arrived at Warsaw late but it was alright. The informations at Warsaw were helpful as well. I enjoyed my journey. Satisfied! Value for money Convenience
- "inconvenience of booking" Michael b. 09/06/2016
we could not book the ticket in cape town south africa and had to pay for a courier to fly it from johannesburg to cape town for a great cost. surely in todays time one should be able to book it on line to avoid courier costs.. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice metre to Vienna." . 08/06/2016
Our trip was from Venice me store to Vienna. Considering that this is a long distance train, most travellers had a fair amount of luggage as much as 1 big and 1 small suitcase. The train arrived on platform 4. Descending from platform 1 was by elevator. But you can imagine our plight when we had to carry these suitcases up 30-35 steps as there was no escalator or elevator. We did see a lot of passengers struggle. In fact I pulled a muscle by the end of it.
- "my night trains trip" Yanapong s. 31/03/2016
Not as expect for comfort and convenience during journey. A little bit of confused looking for seats with a few second stop on arrival. My train hostage's also keep quiet of her smile with her boring duty. The good thing is about on time of destination for the next connection. Value for money Convenience
- "Night Train to Zurich " Lee Yoon c. 27/10/2015
It was a very good experience travelling by the night train from the Vienna to Zurich. The night train started at very late hours around 11.45 pm and we have to wait for it in the train station for a few hours as it was pretty cold at winter now. The train looked a bit old and the the 2 pax sleepers rooms we booked was small. We have 2 big luggages and that already take up most of the space beside the bed and hardly can find any other space. Luckily my husband and I were not fat, we are able to fit into the 2 small beds, 1 in the upper and the other in the lower decker. There is a small basin in the room and it looked old too. By the next morning when we reach Zurich, the scenery outside the train refreshed us a lot. A light breadfast was served to us from the train crew and his look was serious and never smile. I think if the train crew could be a little bit friendly and that could make us feel happier a little. Overall, the night train is not as comfortable as the trains we travelled in the day time. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Mew Yong t. 14/10/2015
The overnight train is clean and comfortable. Comes with welcoming pack and breakfast. 3 bunk beds per coach (not too crowded). Conductor wakes you up 30 minutes before arrival while serving breakfast. Value for money Convenience
- "Night train travel" Rajendra p. 31/07/2015
We travelled on EN236 from Venice to Vienna. The accommodation was comfortable for sitting posture. But one can hardly sleep by sliding the chair if the compartment has all the six occupants present. In the peak tourist season I would advise a sleeper accommodation. The train operated on time. Value for money Convenience
- "will recommend to others but.." Phung Phoi t. 27/07/2015
The entire trip was great. Staffs were friendly Value for money Convenience
- "safe and sleep" Yiu Kan p. 29/06/2015
sleep well Value for money Convenience
- "Great Experience in Sleeper" Yanik n. 23/06/2015
The service was great and travelling overnight was very efficient and the travel time passed very quickly. Value for money Convenience
- "cheaper than normal price" Lai Nga l. 18/06/2015
it is cheaper than normal price, but seat space so crowd. Value for money Convenience