Austria Intl. Night Trains
- Vienna - Venice: 11:25
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Night trains
- Secure cabins with cozy berths
- Save on accommodation
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Austria Intl. Night Trains
Austria Int night trains: Austria, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Switzerland, Czech Rep.
The Austria International night trains are operated by ÖBB, the national railway company of Austria. The night trains, also known as ÖBB night trains, allow you to travel across the most embraced countries in Europe: Austria, Italy, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland and Croatia. The Austria International night trains offer affordable and excellent service as well as being comfortable. The on board personnel is available to cater for your needs. The Austria International night trains are ideal to rest while travelling. You will wake up at your destination fresh and ready to explore. Plus you even save on accommodation costs thanks to the comfy sleeper cabins.
|Bruck An Der Mur||Rome||11:57||€ 89|
|Venice||Bruck An Der Mur||05:09||€ 59|
|Bruck An Der Mur||Milan||12:05||€ 79|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Austria Intl. Night Trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Railway stations served by the Austria International night trains have all the necessary facilities for travellers. Railway stations managed by ÖBB are mostly modern and comfortable stations with travel agencies to advise on holiday planning, cosy coffee shops and shops!There is no check-in before boarding. You are advised to arrive at the railway station at least 10 minutes early to find your way and to confirm your seat with the on board personnel.
|First class||First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Deluxe||Sleeper||Couchettes||2nd class seats|
|Sleeper cars The double-deck sleeper cars to Zurich and Bregenz are a great way to travel relaxed. small>|
|1-bed cabin Make the most of your trip with a bed, table and chairs included in the cabin. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Breakfast The most important meal of the day for a memorable experience. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|1 to 4-bed cabin Ample space for a very comfortable ride. small>|
|Separate compartments A maximum privacy is offered to ladies travelling alone. small>|
|4 to 6-bed cabin The best way for a very comfortable ride in the company of friends or other fellow travellers. small>|
|Shared bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Finding Train Tickets and Schedules can be accomplished with just a few simple steps. First click on the "Train Tickets" section, located on the top of any page. There you will find a form asking for your departure city and arrival city and the date that you would like to travel. You will also be asked the approximate time that you want to travel (morning, afternoon or evening). If you would like to book a round trip ticket, just click on the "Round Trip" option and provide the information for your return trip on the same page. Once all of your information has been entered and you have clicked "Search" you will be presented with a number of results to choose from. First, you will want to look through the times offered to see what the best schedule for your travel. Once you have chosen a schedule, you should begin to look at the prices that are offered. Fares are typically broken down into categories, Business, Flexi First, Best Price First, Flexi Second, Best Price Second and Super Saver. Best Price First and Best Price Second are classes tickets being more restrictive in terms of flexibility. Flexi First, Flexi second and Business are classes offering more flexibility. Although these classifications do apply to several different train types, it is always recommended that you click on the "Details" link under each fare type to show the specific refund and exchange rules for that price. Once you have decided on the train and fare that you would like to purchase, click on the "select" link, which will take you to the passenger selection page. Once you have input your passenger information you can choose to continue shopping or proceed to the checkout process.
- A. It's easy! Use the self service kiosks at the rail station to retrieve your tickets in a few easy steps.
- A. The AVE offers 2 first class options they are called Club class and Preferente class. Club class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. This class of service offers tables for each seat. Preferente class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. Tourist class (2nd Class) on the AVE offers generous legroom, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Yes you can buy a German Rail Pass separately from your German Rail Pass. However, you will have to use it in complementary with your German Rail Pass. We strongly recommend that you buy your Extension together with your rail pass, so as to make sure that you are going to receive them at the same time.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
- A. No. There are no youth discounts for the extension. You can however have a discount if you are under 26 when buying a German Rail Pass. That means you will travel in 2nd class.
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Muhammad H. | Comments 2 | Created: 24/11/2016
answered | Posted by Hashim a. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Tatev S. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ling n. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/11/2016
Reviews & ratings Austria Intl. Night Trains
Overall rating (39)
Overall appreciationExcellent 19% Very good 32% Average 25% Poor 13% Terrible 11%
- "Venice - Vienna" Michael s. 20/09/2016
Long overnight train. Ideal for students/back-packers; as it safes a nights accommodation. Nice scenary on the Austrian side Value for money Convenience
- "Great experience!" Sokyoeun l. 08/09/2016
The staff that was onsite was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed eh welcome dessert and sparkling wine. Breakfast was decent. We would definitely recommend this to friends. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy and efficient" Brigid g. 25/08/2016
The train came and departed exactly on schedule, we boarded the train, found our seats and that was it until we arrived at our destination. Everything about this trip was easy. Value for money Convenience
- "Convenient and Hasslefree" Habib a. 22/08/2016
Trains are the most beautiful way of travelling in Europe. No questions about that. I enjoyed this trip to Berlin Ostbahnof. Nice seats, Hasslefree and convenient. Train arrived at Warsaw late but it was alright. The informations at Warsaw were helpful as well. I enjoyed my journey. Satisfied! Value for money Convenience
- "inconvenience of booking" Michael b. 09/06/2016
we could not book the ticket in cape town south africa and had to pay for a courier to fly it from johannesburg to cape town for a great cost. surely in todays time one should be able to book it on line to avoid courier costs.. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice metre to Vienna." . 08/06/2016
Our trip was from Venice me store to Vienna. Considering that this is a long distance train, most travellers had a fair amount of luggage as much as 1 big and 1 small suitcase. The train arrived on platform 4. Descending from platform 1 was by elevator. But you can imagine our plight when we had to carry these suitcases up 30-35 steps as there was no escalator or elevator. We did see a lot of passengers struggle. In fact I pulled a muscle by the end of it.
- "my night trains trip" Yanapong s. 31/03/2016
Not as expect for comfort and convenience during journey. A little bit of confused looking for seats with a few second stop on arrival. My train hostage's also keep quiet of her smile with her boring duty. The good thing is about on time of destination for the next connection. Value for money Convenience
- "Night Train to Zurich " Lee Yoon c. 27/10/2015
It was a very good experience travelling by the night train from the Vienna to Zurich. The night train started at very late hours around 11.45 pm and we have to wait for it in the train station for a few hours as it was pretty cold at winter now. The train looked a bit old and the the 2 pax sleepers rooms we booked was small. We have 2 big luggages and that already take up most of the space beside the bed and hardly can find any other space. Luckily my husband and I were not fat, we are able to fit into the 2 small beds, 1 in the upper and the other in the lower decker. There is a small basin in the room and it looked old too. By the next morning when we reach Zurich, the scenery outside the train refreshed us a lot. A light breadfast was served to us from the train crew and his look was serious and never smile. I think if the train crew could be a little bit friendly and that could make us feel happier a little. Overall, the night train is not as comfortable as the trains we travelled in the day time. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Mew Yong t. 14/10/2015
The overnight train is clean and comfortable. Comes with welcoming pack and breakfast. 3 bunk beds per coach (not too crowded). Conductor wakes you up 30 minutes before arrival while serving breakfast. Value for money Convenience
- "Night train travel" Rajendra p. 31/07/2015
We travelled on EN236 from Venice to Vienna. The accommodation was comfortable for sitting posture. But one can hardly sleep by sliding the chair if the compartment has all the six occupants present. In the peak tourist season I would advise a sleeper accommodation. The train operated on time. Value for money Convenience
- "will recommend to others but.." Phung Phoi t. 27/07/2015
The entire trip was great. Staffs were friendly Value for money Convenience
- "safe and sleep" Yiu Kan p. 29/06/2015
sleep well Value for money Convenience
- "Great Experience in Sleeper" Yanik n. 23/06/2015
The service was great and travelling overnight was very efficient and the travel time passed very quickly. Value for money Convenience
- "cheaper than normal price" Lai Nga l. 18/06/2015
it is cheaper than normal price, but seat space so crowd. Value for money Convenience
- "Interesting, Impressed" . 14/05/2015
We were pleasantly surprised with our private room for two, it came with welcome packs including drinks and breakfast. The place was small as expected and the common toilet was a little hard to use and unclean. Unfortunately no showering facilities which was hard as we had travelled the whole day in Venice that day and was looking forward to a nice shower. The trip was pleasant and breakfast was on time and lovely. Value for money Convenience