Berlin - Warsaw Express
Find a Train Ticket
- Berlin - Warsaw: 05:28
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (14)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Berlin-Warsaw Express runs on the Germany-Poland route. From Berlin or Frankfurt to Poznan and Warsaw.
The Berlin-Warsaw Express is jointly operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway company and PKP, the Polish State Railways. It unites the revitalized city of Berlin in Germany with the city of Warsaw in Poland. The Berlin-Warsaw Express trains operate several times a day. The trains are modern with air-conditioned carriages and restaurant cars. The Berlin-Warsaw Express is also known as Berlin-Warszawa Express.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Depart from either Frankfurt or Berlin, pass through Poznan and arrive in Warsaw. Departures from Warsaw stop at Poznan, before calling at either Frankfurt or Berlin.
|Berlin - Poznan||2h 51|
|Berlin - Warsaw||5h 54|
|Frankfurt - Poznan||7h 44|
|Frankfurt - Warsaw||10h 37|
|Warsaw - Poznan||2h 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The train terminus station in Germany is the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (central train station) opened in 2006. Berlin Hauptbahnhof is considered the largest railway station in Europe. It offers a range of food options and a currency exchange service.
The terminus in Warsaw is the Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central), a recently renovated railway station.While there is no check-in prior to boarding, make sure you have time to find your platform. We advise you to arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children under 16 years of age to travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The card is free, simply request one at the time you purchase your Swiss Pass. If you forget to mention it, then present your Swiss pass before boarding the train at any Swiss train station ticket window, at the time of validation and advise them that you need a Family Card. They will be able to provide you one.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. Italo trains offer high speed train services connecting the major cities of Italy such as Milano, Bologna, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, Venezia, Torino and Padova. There are several daily connections between the main cities which are served by Italo. There are several daily connections between Milan and Roma and the number of connections will increase in the following years.
- A. First class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches, individual power outlets, reading light, ability to book a taxi for your arrival with staff on the train and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Dining cars are available on most long distance trains. Normally, you can just walk into most dining cars, sit down, and eat without a reservation, but you are welcome to make a reservation for a meal when mealtime is busy, or when the train attendant announces the opening of the dining car. If your train does not have a dining car, it is likely to offer passengers a buffet bar car. On local trains, there may be an attendant with a snack cart who travels from car to car, selling snacks and beverages. Train Dining cars are part of the train experience and is unrivaled by any other means of transportation. In some trains the quality of the food and the wine is up to the standard of a gourmet restaurant.
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.
I will be landing to germany and want to see major cities like prague amsterdam rome paris barcelona. help me plan my holidays and (...)Help me plan my Europe tour. I will be Arriving to Berlin and then want to travel cheap to other places like Prague Amsterdam Rome (...)
answered | Posted by Adeel I. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/05/2015
answered | Posted by Dyah R. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/05/2015
answered | Posted by James B. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/05/2015
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 2 | Created: 02/05/2015
answered | Posted by jessica s. | Comments 1 | Created: 30/04/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (14)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
"Comfortable trip"John p.
Although this was a 5 1/2 hour trip, the convenience of going from city center to city center made it much better than flying. The compartment was comfortable, but there were only 3 of us in a 6 person compartment. It may have been less comfortable if it were full. The ride was smooth and we arrived on time. Buying tickets ahead of time was very easy online and they were sent to my home by 2-day air. Value for money Convenience
"Good"Indramalie g. 25/06/2014
Hi As you are aware we left Berlin Lichtenbe station to Warsaaw by the Berlin Warsaw Express. We had long delay as the train broke down closer to the polish boarder and had to wait almost 3 hours for the next train engine from Berlin. This prevented us an evening in Warsaw where we had a Dinner. The train engine was a old locomotive engine and slow. On our return journey it was a express train without the locomotive engine. Convenience
"Berlin to Warsaw"Laura w. 12/06/2014
This was not a very pleasant train ride! The train smelled really bad like old urine. We had to leave the door of the compartment open for some fresh air When I booked this on line I wanted to go to the Central Train station in Warsaw but the train stop before this and we had to take a taxi to the hotel which was close to the central train station. It was not that hard but did cause some added cost and time. I thought it said to Warsaw Central but will double check from now on. I have booked with Rail Europe before and will use it again. Value for money Convenience
"from Warszawa to Berlin"Zeev g. 03/12/2013
pretty nice trip. Arrived as planned. Value for money Convenience
"Good Trip"Janet g. 28/06/2013
Good easy trip, hard to travel with big suitcases... sit with group of 6 strange people. No English! n Value for money Convenience
"Berlin to Warsaw"Daniel t. 13/01/2013
Cheap and quick way to travel. Very nice clean carriage! Would recommend as an alternative to flying over these type of distances. No waiting in an airport, just straight on with the journey. I will use this service again in the near future! Comfort Value for money Convenience