Berlin - Warsaw ExpressPoland : PKP
Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Berlin - Warsaw: 00:00
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Berlin-Warsaw Express runs on the Germany-Poland route. From Berlin or Frankfurt to Poznan and Warsaw.
The Berlin-Warsaw Express is jointly operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway company and PKP, the Polish State Railways. It unites the revitalized city of Berlin in Germany with the city of Warsaw in Poland. The Berlin-Warsaw Express trains operate several times a day. The trains are modern with air-conditioned carriages and restaurant cars. The Berlin-Warsaw Express is also known as Berlin-Warszawa Express.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Depart from either Frankfurt or Berlin, pass through Poznan and arrive in Warsaw. Departures from Warsaw stop at Poznan, before calling at either Frankfurt or Berlin.
|Berlin - Poznan||2h 51|
|Berlin - Warsaw||5h 54|
|Frankfurt - Poznan||7h 44|
|Frankfurt - Warsaw||10h 37|
|Warsaw - Poznan||2h 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The train terminus station in Germany is the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (central train station) opened in 2006. Berlin Hauptbahnhof is considered the largest railway station in Europe. It offers a range of food options and a currency exchange service.
The terminus in Warsaw is the Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central), a recently renovated railway station.While there is no check-in prior to boarding, make sure you have time to find your platform. We advise you to arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
Q. Is it possible to travel from Cologne to Brussels by ICE and back by Thalys with a German Rail Pass Extension coupon?A. You can only travel from Cologne to Brussels with ICE trains. The extension is not valid on the Thalys train. There are 4 daily ICE trains between Germany and Belgium.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. With a Eurail Italy pass, you can travel on all trains from Trenitalia, the Italian railway company. Just bear in mind that reservation is compulsory on-board Frecciarossa, Frecciabianca, Frecciargento, and Eurostar trains. Overnight trains also require reservation of the sleeping compartments.
- A. Yes, depending on the country you are traveling in. Generally there are local trains that travel the same route as high-speed trains, however they generally take much longer to travel the same route. You will need to weigh the cost of a reservation compared with the time it will take to travel the same route. Example: Lyon to Marseille is generally about 1 hour 45 minutes on the TGV. A local train for this same route would be about 3 and half hours.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
- A. No. You need to buy your Eurail Italy pass before travelling to Europe. Just remember that Eurail passes, including Eurail Italy pass, can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
answered | Posted by Thelma N. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/06/2016
answered | Posted by Rupender k. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/06/2016
answered | Posted by Pramod G. | Comments 1 | Created: 05/06/2016
answered | Posted by Xixi G. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/04/2016
answered | Posted by Vera C. | Comments 2 | Created: 27/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Berlin - Warsaw Express
Overall rating (14)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
- "Comfortable trip" John p. 16/11/2014
Although this was a 5 1/2 hour trip, the convenience of going from city center to city center made it much better than flying. The compartment was comfortable, but there were only 3 of us in a 6 person compartment. It may have been less comfortable if it were full. The ride was smooth and we arrived on time. Buying tickets ahead of time was very easy online and they were sent to my home by 2-day air. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Indramalie g. 25/06/2014
Hi As you are aware we left Berlin Lichtenbe station to Warsaaw by the Berlin Warsaw Express. We had long delay as the train broke down closer to the polish boarder and had to wait almost 3 hours for the next train engine from Berlin. This prevented us an evening in Warsaw where we had a Dinner. The train engine was a old locomotive engine and slow. On our return journey it was a express train without the locomotive engine. Convenience
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Laura w. 12/06/2014
This was not a very pleasant train ride! The train smelled really bad like old urine. We had to leave the door of the compartment open for some fresh air When I booked this on line I wanted to go to the Central Train station in Warsaw but the train stop before this and we had to take a taxi to the hotel which was close to the central train station. It was not that hard but did cause some added cost and time. I thought it said to Warsaw Central but will double check from now on. I have booked with Rail Europe before and will use it again. Value for money Convenience
- "from Warszawa to Berlin" Zeev g. 03/12/2013
pretty nice trip. Arrived as planned. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Trip" Janet g. 28/06/2013
Good easy trip, hard to travel with big suitcases... sit with group of 6 strange people. No English! n Value for money Convenience
- "Quite good experience" . 17/06/2013
The trip was good, the train on time, everything OK. The only suggestion I have is the following: I have ordered the train ticket online but it was not possible to print them and I had to wati for the ticket by post. This is an inconvenient that you should solve. You should make possible to order, pay and print the tickets online. All the rest was very good! Patrizia Bugatti
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Daniel t. 13/01/2013
Cheap and quick way to travel. Very nice clean carriage! Would recommend as an alternative to flying over these type of distances. No waiting in an airport, just straight on with the journey. I will use this service again in the near future! Comfort Value for money Convenience