Berlin - Warsaw ExpressPoland : PKP
- Berlin - Warsaw: 00:00
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Berlin-Warsaw Express runs on the Germany-Poland route. From Berlin or Frankfurt to Poznan and Warsaw.
The Berlin-Warsaw Express is jointly operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway company and PKP, the Polish State Railways. It unites the revitalized city of Berlin in Germany with the city of Warsaw in Poland. The Berlin-Warsaw Express trains operate several times a day. The trains are modern with air-conditioned carriages and restaurant cars. The Berlin-Warsaw Express is also known as Berlin-Warszawa Express.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Depart from either Frankfurt or Berlin, pass through Poznan and arrive in Warsaw. Departures from Warsaw stop at Poznan, before calling at either Frankfurt or Berlin.
|Berlin - Poznan||2h 51|
|Berlin - Warsaw||5h 54|
|Frankfurt - Poznan||7h 44|
|Frankfurt - Warsaw||10h 37|
|Warsaw - Poznan||2h 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
The train terminus station in Germany is the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (central train station) opened in 2006. Berlin Hauptbahnhof is considered the largest railway station in Europe. It offers a range of food options and a currency exchange service.
The terminus in Warsaw is the Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central), a recently renovated railway station.While there is no check-in prior to boarding, make sure you have time to find your platform. We advise you to arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
- A. You can travel in first or second class. It depends on the classes of services which correspond to your German Rail Pass. In the ExpressBus to/from Munich to Prague, only 2nd class is available.
- A. You can use your Swiss pass in the whole Swiss Travel System: in all trains, Postbuses, ships, buses and even trams.
- A. Timetables for European Train schedules can be difficult to read and determine what the trains are running. For fast and easy schedule results view our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules page to view each route.
- A. Any bonus that is free will use a travel day on your railpass. Discounted bonuses will not require the use of a travel day, but do require that the railpass is valid.
- A. Most cites with airports are easily accessible by public transportation (Train, Bus, Subway or Taxi). The following airports listed have access to the downtown train stations: Amsterdam Schiphol, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin Schoenefeld, Birmingham, Brussels National, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dresden, Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva-Cointrin, Glasgow, Graz, Hannover, Krakow, Leipzig, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Stanstead, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Munich, Milan Malpensa, Newcastle, Nice, Nuremberg, Oslo, Palermo, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Pisa, Porto, Rome Fiumicino, Southampton, Stockholm, Stuttgart , Torino, Tronheim, Valencia, Vienna , and Zurich.
- A. All you'll need is your e-ticket # (found on your confirmation email). Please note: there may be multiple e-ticket # for your itinerary.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. Austria, Benelux (includes Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia/Slovenia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
answered | Posted by Kwan L. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/12/2016
answered | Posted by Fernanda G. | Comments 3 | Created: 17/12/2016
answered | Posted by Passant O. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/11/2016
answered | Posted by Muhammad H. | Comments 2 | Created: 24/11/2016
answered | Posted by S M. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/10/2016
Reviews & ratings Berlin - Warsaw Express
Overall rating (14)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
- "Comfortable trip" John p. 16/11/2014
Although this was a 5 1/2 hour trip, the convenience of going from city center to city center made it much better than flying. The compartment was comfortable, but there were only 3 of us in a 6 person compartment. It may have been less comfortable if it were full. The ride was smooth and we arrived on time. Buying tickets ahead of time was very easy online and they were sent to my home by 2-day air. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Indramalie g. 25/06/2014
Hi As you are aware we left Berlin Lichtenbe station to Warsaaw by the Berlin Warsaw Express. We had long delay as the train broke down closer to the polish boarder and had to wait almost 3 hours for the next train engine from Berlin. This prevented us an evening in Warsaw where we had a Dinner. The train engine was a old locomotive engine and slow. On our return journey it was a express train without the locomotive engine. Convenience
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Laura w. 12/06/2014
This was not a very pleasant train ride! The train smelled really bad like old urine. We had to leave the door of the compartment open for some fresh air When I booked this on line I wanted to go to the Central Train station in Warsaw but the train stop before this and we had to take a taxi to the hotel which was close to the central train station. It was not that hard but did cause some added cost and time. I thought it said to Warsaw Central but will double check from now on. I have booked with Rail Europe before and will use it again. Value for money Convenience
- "from Warszawa to Berlin" Zeev g. 03/12/2013
pretty nice trip. Arrived as planned. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Trip" Janet g. 28/06/2013
Good easy trip, hard to travel with big suitcases... sit with group of 6 strange people. No English! n Value for money Convenience
- "Quite good experience" . 17/06/2013
The trip was good, the train on time, everything OK. The only suggestion I have is the following: I have ordered the train ticket online but it was not possible to print them and I had to wati for the ticket by post. This is an inconvenient that you should solve. You should make possible to order, pay and print the tickets online. All the rest was very good! Patrizia Bugatti
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Daniel t. 13/01/2013
Cheap and quick way to travel. Very nice clean carriage! Would recommend as an alternative to flying over these type of distances. No waiting in an airport, just straight on with the journey. I will use this service again in the near future! Comfort Value for money Convenience