Berlin - Warsaw Express
- Berlin - Warsaw: 00:00
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Berlin-Warsaw Express runs on the Germany-Poland route. From Berlin or Frankfurt to Poznan and Warsaw.
The Berlin-Warsaw Express is jointly operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway company and PKP, the Polish State Railways. It unites the revitalized city of Berlin in Germany with the city of Warsaw in Poland. The Berlin-Warsaw Express trains operate several times a day. The trains are modern with air-conditioned carriages and restaurant cars. The Berlin-Warsaw Express is also known as Berlin-Warszawa Express.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Depart from either Frankfurt or Berlin, pass through Poznan and arrive in Warsaw. Departures from Warsaw stop at Poznan, before calling at either Frankfurt or Berlin.
|Berlin - Poznan||2h 51|
|Berlin - Warsaw||5h 54|
|Frankfurt - Poznan||7h 44|
|Frankfurt - Warsaw||10h 37|
|Warsaw - Poznan||2h 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The train terminus station in Germany is the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (central train station) opened in 2006. Berlin Hauptbahnhof is considered the largest railway station in Europe. It offers a range of food options and a currency exchange service.
The terminus in Warsaw is the Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central), a recently renovated railway station.While there is no check-in prior to boarding, make sure you have time to find your platform. We advise you to arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. No. You need to buy your Eurail Italy pass before travelling to Europe. Just remember that Eurail passes, including Eurail Italy pass, can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A.Refund policies for tickets will vary depending on the type of train and fare that are booked. Please check the "details" tab of each fare to obtain specific refund information for the fare you are purchasing.If you have already purchased your tickets, please review the terms and conditions that came with your documents. Except for PayPal, for which the amount can be reimbursed automatically on the PayPal account. For all the other payment services, a BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be sent to receive the reimbursement of your purchase.
- A. The AVE offers 2 first class options they are called Club class and Preferente class. Club class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. This class of service offers tables for each seat. Preferente class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. Tourist class (2nd Class) on the AVE offers generous legroom, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
Q. There is also a train connection from Munich to Prague, can I use these trains to travel to Prague with the coupon?A. No, the German Rail Pass Extension is only valid on the DB Expressbus between Munich/Nuremberg and Prague.
- A. Special amenities for disabled travelers are offered on trains and at many train stations, and are clearly indicated with pictograms (for telephones, toilets, elevators, etc.). Special equipment is also available for use by handicapped passengers. This equipment must be reserved locally in advance. Be sure to specify if you need personal assistance (whether with a wheelchair, boarding, etc.).
answered | Posted by shahid r. | Comments 0 | Created: 31/01/2016
answered | Posted by SANJEEV J. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/01/2016
We will be traveling from berlin to prague to vienna to venice to florence to rome. do you recommend getting a rail (...)Is a rail pass worth it? We will be doing this within a 2 week span. Are there student discounts?
answered | Posted by Rachel H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/01/2016
answered | Posted by Gonzalo T. | Comments 2 | Created: 19/01/2016
answered | Posted by Rafique D. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Berlin - Warsaw Express
Overall rating (14)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
- "Comfortable trip" John p. 16/11/2014
Although this was a 5 1/2 hour trip, the convenience of going from city center to city center made it much better than flying. The compartment was comfortable, but there were only 3 of us in a 6 person compartment. It may have been less comfortable if it were full. The ride was smooth and we arrived on time. Buying tickets ahead of time was very easy online and they were sent to my home by 2-day air. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Indramalie g. 25/06/2014
Hi As you are aware we left Berlin Lichtenbe station to Warsaaw by the Berlin Warsaw Express. We had long delay as the train broke down closer to the polish boarder and had to wait almost 3 hours for the next train engine from Berlin. This prevented us an evening in Warsaw where we had a Dinner. The train engine was a old locomotive engine and slow. On our return journey it was a express train without the locomotive engine. Convenience
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Laura w. 12/06/2014
This was not a very pleasant train ride! The train smelled really bad like old urine. We had to leave the door of the compartment open for some fresh air When I booked this on line I wanted to go to the Central Train station in Warsaw but the train stop before this and we had to take a taxi to the hotel which was close to the central train station. It was not that hard but did cause some added cost and time. I thought it said to Warsaw Central but will double check from now on. I have booked with Rail Europe before and will use it again. Value for money Convenience
- "from Warszawa to Berlin" Zeev g. 03/12/2013
pretty nice trip. Arrived as planned. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Trip" Janet g. 28/06/2013
Good easy trip, hard to travel with big suitcases... sit with group of 6 strange people. No English! n Value for money Convenience
- "Quite good experience" . 17/06/2013
The trip was good, the train on time, everything OK. The only suggestion I have is the following: I have ordered the train ticket online but it was not possible to print them and I had to wati for the ticket by post. This is an inconvenient that you should solve. You should make possible to order, pay and print the tickets online. All the rest was very good! Patrizia Bugatti
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Daniel t. 13/01/2013
Cheap and quick way to travel. Very nice clean carriage! Would recommend as an alternative to flying over these type of distances. No waiting in an airport, just straight on with the journey. I will use this service again in the near future! Comfort Value for money Convenience