Berlin - Warsaw ExpressPoland : PKP
- Berlin - Warsaw: 00:00
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Berlin-Warsaw Express runs on the Germany-Poland route. From Berlin or Frankfurt to Poznan and Warsaw.
The Berlin-Warsaw Express is jointly operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway company and PKP, the Polish State Railways. It unites the revitalized city of Berlin in Germany with the city of Warsaw in Poland. The Berlin-Warsaw Express trains operate several times a day. The trains are modern with air-conditioned carriages and restaurant cars. The Berlin-Warsaw Express is also known as Berlin-Warszawa Express.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Depart from either Frankfurt or Berlin, pass through Poznan and arrive in Warsaw. Departures from Warsaw stop at Poznan, before calling at either Frankfurt or Berlin.
|Berlin - Poznan||2h 51|
|Berlin - Warsaw||5h 54|
|Frankfurt - Poznan||7h 44|
|Frankfurt - Warsaw||10h 37|
|Warsaw - Poznan||2h 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
The train terminus station in Germany is the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (central train station) opened in 2006. Berlin Hauptbahnhof is considered the largest railway station in Europe. It offers a range of food options and a currency exchange service.
The terminus in Warsaw is the Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central), a recently renovated railway station.While there is no check-in prior to boarding, make sure you have time to find your platform. We advise you to arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. Go to our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules select the number of passengers then click the box next to "Click this box if you have a Rail Pass". All results that are displayed will show you fares that are valid for passes. To insure you select the correct fare for your pass view the details. All passes that are valid with each fare are listed in the details.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. This depends mainly on what Eurostar ticket you have. Business Premier passengers can check-in just 10 minutes before departure whereas Standard Premier and Standard passengers need to check-in 30 minutes before departure. To ensure you have time to go through the security checks and passport control, we would recommend you arriving at the station at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with Eurostar.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
- A. Yes, depending on the country you are traveling in. Generally there are local trains that travel the same route as high-speed trains, however they generally take much longer to travel the same route. You will need to weigh the cost of a reservation compared with the time it will take to travel the same route. Example: Lyon to Marseille is generally about 1 hour 45 minutes on the TGV. A local train for this same route would be about 3 and half hours.
- A. You can use your Eurail Select pass on the national rail networks of the adjoining countries chosen when buying your Eurail Pass. Here is the list of the countries participating to the program: Austria, Benelux, Bulgaria, Croatia-Slovenia, Czech Republic Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro-Serbia, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. Dining cars are available on most long distance trains. Normally, you can just walk into most dining cars, sit down, and eat without a reservation, but you are welcome to make a reservation for a meal when mealtime is busy, or when the train attendant announces the opening of the dining car. If your train does not have a dining car, it is likely to offer passengers a buffet bar car. On local trains, there may be an attendant with a snack cart who travels from car to car, selling snacks and beverages. Train Dining cars are part of the train experience and is unrivaled by any other means of transportation. In some trains the quality of the food and the wine is up to the standard of a gourmet restaurant.
- A. Showers facilities are generally not offered on trains in Europe.
answered | Posted by Passant O. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/11/2016
answered | Posted by Muhammad H. | Comments 2 | Created: 24/11/2016
answered | Posted by S M. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/10/2016
I have the following train journey coming up in europe.. can you please help me the appropriate pass.. (...)I have the following train journey coming up in Europe.. Can you please help me the appropriate pass.. (...)
answered | Posted by Abhishek G. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/10/2016
answered | Posted by Shobha R. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/09/2016
Reviews & ratings Berlin - Warsaw Express
Overall rating (14)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
- "Comfortable trip" John p. 16/11/2014
Although this was a 5 1/2 hour trip, the convenience of going from city center to city center made it much better than flying. The compartment was comfortable, but there were only 3 of us in a 6 person compartment. It may have been less comfortable if it were full. The ride was smooth and we arrived on time. Buying tickets ahead of time was very easy online and they were sent to my home by 2-day air. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Indramalie g. 25/06/2014
Hi As you are aware we left Berlin Lichtenbe station to Warsaaw by the Berlin Warsaw Express. We had long delay as the train broke down closer to the polish boarder and had to wait almost 3 hours for the next train engine from Berlin. This prevented us an evening in Warsaw where we had a Dinner. The train engine was a old locomotive engine and slow. On our return journey it was a express train without the locomotive engine. Convenience
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Laura w. 12/06/2014
This was not a very pleasant train ride! The train smelled really bad like old urine. We had to leave the door of the compartment open for some fresh air When I booked this on line I wanted to go to the Central Train station in Warsaw but the train stop before this and we had to take a taxi to the hotel which was close to the central train station. It was not that hard but did cause some added cost and time. I thought it said to Warsaw Central but will double check from now on. I have booked with Rail Europe before and will use it again. Value for money Convenience
- "from Warszawa to Berlin" Zeev g. 03/12/2013
pretty nice trip. Arrived as planned. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Trip" Janet g. 28/06/2013
Good easy trip, hard to travel with big suitcases... sit with group of 6 strange people. No English! n Value for money Convenience
- "Quite good experience" . 17/06/2013
The trip was good, the train on time, everything OK. The only suggestion I have is the following: I have ordered the train ticket online but it was not possible to print them and I had to wati for the ticket by post. This is an inconvenient that you should solve. You should make possible to order, pay and print the tickets online. All the rest was very good! Patrizia Bugatti
- "Berlin to Warsaw" Daniel t. 13/01/2013
Cheap and quick way to travel. Very nice clean carriage! Would recommend as an alternative to flying over these type of distances. No waiting in an airport, just straight on with the journey. I will use this service again in the near future! Comfort Value for money Convenience