- St Moritz - Tirano: 02:04
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
Bernina Express. From glaciers in St Moritz, Switzerland to palm trees in Tirano, Italy.
The Bernina Express is a scenic train operating between Switzerland and Italy. For the most part of its route, the Bernina Express operates on the Rhaetian Railway network in the Albula/Bernina area, a UNESCO World Heritage site. During the journey, you will see wild gorges, soaring bridges, fascinating loop tunnels and white glaciers. The Bernina Express has panorama cars, ideal to admire the amazing landscape. Main stations on the route are Chur, Davos, St. Moritz, Bernina Pass, Poschiavo and Tirano (Italy). The train runs all year long and in summer, an optional bus connects Tirano (Italy) to Lugano.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Bernina Express tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The St Moritz railway station serves the town of the same name. St Moritz is a popular Swiss destination and is widely regarded as one the most posh ski resorts in the world.Be sure to have valid entry documents for Italy since you will leave and re-enter Switzerland.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Panoramic cars Large windows offering panoramic view of the stunning landscape. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
answered | Posted by Carine L. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/07/2016
answered | Posted by Renee B. | Comments 1 | Created: 30/06/2016
Zurich to bern to interlaken and including berlina, glacier and jungfraubahn express - value of swiss (...)Hi All, We are flying into Zurich in May 2017 and spending 2 days visitng before travelling to Bern for a day and then onto (...)
answered | Posted by Daniel B. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/06/2016
answered | Posted by P C. | Comments 1 | Created: 02/06/2016
answered | Posted by Jatinder G. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Bernina Express
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
No reviews for this product yet