- London - Paris: 02:16
- Prices from € 56
- Book up to 180 days in advance
- High speed trains
Eurostar, high speed trains. Preferred way to travel between main cities like London, Paris and Brussels.
Eurostar is the high speed train operating between the UK and mainland Europe. The Eurostar trains link London to Paris or Brussels. Eurostar can travel at a speed of up to 300km/h, thus having shorting the travel duration between the three main capitals of Europe. Travelling by Eurostar is a synonym of comfort style!
Eurostar offers seasonal routes in summer and winter in Europe. During summer period, from July to September, Eurostar has direct services between London and Avignon, in the south east of France. During the winter period, from December to April, Eurostar links directly London to Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne and Bourg St Maurice giving access to over 40 ski resorts across the Alps, including Courchevel, La Plagne, Tignes, Méribel and Les Arcs.
Popular journeys and travel durations
As well as serving London, Paris, Brussels and Lille, Eurostar also offers direct, high-speed services from London to Disneyland® Resort Paris, and seasonal services to the Provencal city of Avignon and the French Alps.
|London St Pancras – Paris Gare du Nord||2h 15|
|London St Pancras – Brussels Midi/Zuid||2h 01|
|London St Pancras – Lille||1h 20|
|London St Pancras - Disneyland® Resort Paris||2h 34|
|Ebbsfleet International||Paris||02:05||€ 67|
|London||Marne La Vallee||02:43||€ 132|
|Brussels||Ebbsfleet International||01:49||€ 51|
|Lille||Ebbsfleet International||01:09||€ 51|
|Calais||Ebbsfleet International||00:44||€ 51|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Eurostar tickets are open for booking 180 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
By train or by plane?Is the train faster than the plane, is the train cheaper or more comfortable as compared to flying? Overall, the Eurostar high speed trains are cheaper, faster and more comfortable than airplanes.
Eurostar is the ideal form of transport for travellers more used to the hassle of crowded airports than to the relaxed atmosphere of an international high-speed train.
Experience the service
Before you board
Eurostar’s main stations, Paris Gare du Nord, Brussels Midi/Zuid and London St Pancras International, are all located in the city centre. All stations have shops and Wi-Fi Internet. Each Eurostar station has good connection with other public transportations and taxi service. If you’re travelling in Business Premier, you can use the dedicated lounges in each station.If you’re a citizen of a non-EU country, you will need to complete a landing card to hand to immigration staff.
You are advised to reach the station at least 45 minutes prior to departure to check in (10 minutes, if you’re travelling in Business Premier).
Allow 60-minute check-in for seasonal routes (Avignon, Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne and Bourg St Maurice).
|First class||First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business Premier||Standard Premier||Standard|
|10 minute check-in Avoid queues and get fast-tracked to board the train. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|30 minute check-in Such a short moment considering you are about to board one of the most famous trains in the world. small>|
|60 minute check-in (seasonal routes) Shorter than any airport check-in for a memorable trip ahead. small>|
Standard or Business Premier: make your choice.
- Whether you travel in Business or Standard Premier Class aboard Eurostar, you benefit from a wide range of services to travel in comfort and style.
You are welcome by staff at the entrance of the carriage and you benefit from air-conditioned and specially designated carriages for your comfort. Eurostar trains offer you spacious reclining seats with generous legroom. Each seat has either an individual slide out table or a fixed table shared with adjacent passengers and is equipped with power sockets.
Flexibility of ticket, wireless in the business lounges, additional aboard services like the Express breakfast option for those who wish to work: dedicated to Business travellers, the Eurostar Business Premier Class makes you benefit from a wide range of services especially designed for your comfort and peace of mind.
No need to burden yourself, Eurostar trains offer all you need!
- There is a luggage limit onboard Eurostar trains. You are allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
Will there be a toilet on the train?
- Toilets are easily accessible on all the Eurostar trains and are usually most of the time indicated with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each Eurostar train coach, and include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Travelling with Eurostar is 100% hassle free. Easy booking and high standards in every travel class make your journey a total bliss.
Interactive Rail Map
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
Q. On Eurostar, what are the differences between the Business Premier, Leisure Select, and Standard Classes of service?A. Business Premier class is dedicated to serving the business traveler with its superior service. Business travelers can expect a nonsmoking car, fast lane check-in, use of the Executive Lounges, breakfast or a 3-course lunch or dinner with choice of entrée and wine, complimentary drink, newspapers, Wifi access in the terminal and lap top sockets on board the train. Leisure Select tickets provide complimentary food (including a 3-course dinner), beverages, and newspapers while you relax in your reclining seat. Full Fare tickets gives you access to the Eurostar Lounge. Standard Class offers comfort, convenience, and value. Enjoy the bar car, or purchase snacks and refreshments from the trolley cart when it comes to your seat.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
answered | Posted by STEPHEN D. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/09/2016
answered | Posted by edward p. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/07/2016
answered | Posted by Michael B. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/07/2016
answered | Posted by Hope P. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/07/2016
answered | Posted by ESTHER U. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/06/2016
Reviews & ratings Eurostar
Overall rating (1893)
Overall appreciationExcellent 39% Very good 36% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 2%
- "OK" Barry k. 25/09/2016
No complaints other than the air conditioning was either faulty or temperature set too high. Very hot Value for money Convenience
- "Very Good" Sherry b. 25/09/2016
Rail Europe journey(.PARIS NORD - LONDON ST-PANCRAS, on 2016-09-14.) was a very good one in terms of safety,comfort and convenience. Very much recommended for a family and I appreciate the punctuality of train timings. If you are travelling, please make sure that you reach min. before 40 minutes to station. Regards Sherry Benjamin Value for money Convenience
- "Great Trip" Susana Elizabeth m. 25/09/2016
It was a great trip, comfortable, easy, faster. You have to be at time (as said in your ticket) if not you are going to lose your trip. Value for money Convenience
- "LONDON ST-PANCRAS - PARIS NORD" Giuseppe f. 24/09/2016
The train ride was okay and convinient but nothing spectacular Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Roberta s. 20/09/2016
The train was very clean compared to here in Canada! The only improvement I can suggest is the ticket needs to be more clear about the train number and seat other than that everything went very smooth! Value for money Convenience
- "connection" John m. 19/09/2016
Timing and convenience was good and rail stations central Value for money Convenience
- "Train from London to Paris" Maria Concepcion p. 19/09/2016
Taking the train from London to Paris is convenient because the station is close to the city and you only need to arrive at the station at least 30 mins before departure time. My only concern is buying online does not allow you to choose your seat. Value for money Convenience
- "Confusing Ticket Details" Jacqueline t. 18/09/2016
We found the ticket very confusing. Many people to D us that we would have to get off in Paris and change trains to go to Lyon a( even the customs man told us we could not possibly go on a direct train to Lyon from London. This made us very uneasy as we wondered if our ticket was correct. Obviously Rail Europe have not advertised this fact enough. A commentary about the towns and sights we passed would have made the journey so much more interesting. Value for money Convenience
- "on board" Beatrice l. 16/09/2016
everything was perfect Value for money Convenience
- "Seamless" Alina l. 15/09/2016
The trip was seamless and the booking process on Rail Europe was as well. Overall very satisfied. Value for money Convenience
- "Tourist Unfriendly GDN" Malcolm J D f. 15/09/2016
My journey on Eurostar was marred by the lack of sign posting and lack of clarity of signs that do exist, at GDN railway station. Paris tourism would benefit from customers being able to easily find their way at St Lazare and GDN stations. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy Train Travel" Helen w. 15/09/2016
All went pretty much without a hitch when we travelled from Paris to London this month. The queueing for immigration and security was non-eventful and reasonably quick. We were able to fit all out luggage (and we had a lot) with us in the same carriage and we enjoyed talking to our fellow passengers. It was a first time for my husband and daughter and they were interested to hear about the facts and figures about the tunnel - it might be cool if this information was made available in a leaflet or cleverly integrated into the train's decor. Just a thought. Value for money Convenience
- "take a train" Carolyn d. 14/09/2016
would definitely travel this way again. Value for money Convenience
- "Train trip to London" Govindan K K n. 11/09/2016
This was our first trip by train to London, the ride was very comfortable and reliable. It was very convenient and we enjoyed the ride. We will definitely use this mode of transport for future travels. Value for money Convenience
- "effortless travel" Heather g. 08/09/2016
comfortable seats, relaxed staff. Value for money Convenience