France-GermanyFrance : SNCF
Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Frankfurt||Aix En Provence Tgv||07:30||€ 49|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Frankfurt||04:57||€ 39|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. The best option for 3 passengers is a T3 if it is available. T3 compartments are not offered on all trains. If a T3 is not available then passengers will be advised to divide their party. You can also book a T4 or T6 based on availability and restrictions.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. There is no Senior fare available for Italo trains. However children aged from 4 to 14 have a 25% discount on the full adult fare. As for children under 3 years old, they can travel for free if they do not require any seat.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
answered | Posted by Deepa R. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by Norman C. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/01/2015
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Jackie M. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings France-Germany
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
- "Booking process " Rahul s. 28/06/2016
1) Hi. When I booked my ticket through rail-Europe site, I mentioned my 12 year daughter as a "CHILD" and also entered her Date of Birth, as required in the booking process. Due to this I got a CHILD ticket for my daughter, which I later got to know was invalid. I think in Europe, a 12 years old is to be registered as a YOUTH rather than a CHILD. However, rail-Europe website should have the intelligence to automatically capture a 12 year old (as per the Date of Birth mentioned), as a YOUTH or should have prompted an alert so that I don't continue to book a 12 year old as a CHILD and get an invalid ticket. Mine was a non-refundable ticket and hence I lost that money as I had to book another ticket for my daughter. 2) Rail Europe should device a process to ensure that while boarding the train, the passengers do not have to criss-cross each other (with heavy luggage to carry) in the aisle trying to find their seat, which most of time is on the other end of the coach :-) 3) The Journey was amazing with the rail Europe site displaying the speed of the train at any given moment. However I was not able to login to the train WiFi as the instructions ware not clear. I was somehow only able to access the rail Europe app/site displaying the details of the current journey Value for money Convenience
- "Fantastic value for money" Sylvia s. 09/06/2016
I thought about flying, but then the rail trip was cheaper, faster and more convenient, it turned out to be a good choice. Speeding through the beautiful French countryside at 300 km per hour is not to be missed while sitting in a comfortable seat and reading a good book. Great start and end to a holiday, no rude airport security, no long waits for the flight, and the food in the Paris train stations was far better than anything in the airports, and cheaper too. Go for it, travel by rail! Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent trip" Bozhidar i. 05/06/2016
One of the greatest journeys I have ever had! The train was exceptionally comfortable, the seats were very spacious, The aisles were also wide enough so a person with luggage could move freely. The speed of the train is awe-inspiring, together with all the scenery seen from the windows. Definitely worth it! Value for money Convenience
- "First time... Impressed" Mark d. 02/06/2016
I took the TGV from Gare de L'Est to Mannheim and back in a day. It was my first experience of the TGV or Rail Europe. I would highly recommend it to anyone needing such travel. Comfortable, Efficient and decent value. Value for money Convenience
- "This is NOT a Ticket" Francois r. 27/05/2016
I was under the impression that tickets were booked and ready to go (as was stated in the email received from raileurope). However when we got on the train it turned out that through raileurope one can only reserve a seat and tickets then still has to be bought. Don't be fooled! Rather buy the tickets at the station. Value for money Convenience
- "Not recommended" Ahmed a. 27/05/2016
My booking was 1st class with meal but the refused to give me any meal the said you have to pay and the website is not updated. The seats not like the shownew in the website picture Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to paris" . 13/05/2016
The trip on the TGV from Stuttgart to Paris was fast and efficient. No hiccups . Only thing is price of 60 Euro was too steep
- "Convenient Value" Jonglak s. 05/05/2016
Clean, convenient but in travel book specify 2 x 1st Cl Book Early Accomodations Value for money Convenience
- "great comfort!" Zhorina i. 05/05/2016
first class is well worth the money spent. On board catering trolley is great, nothing negative about this trip. will definitely return Value for money Convenience
- "Repeated Journey" Ke Sin l. 03/05/2016
Everything is good and this is not the first time i travel with RailEurope. Thanks for make me so convenient in Europe and that's the reason i like free Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and convenient" Ah Sian h. 27/04/2016
It is a direct trip and the whole journey took only about 2 hours. We find it much more convenient than air flight. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Andrey s. 25/04/2016
Took TGV direct train from Paris EST to Frankfurt in first class earlier this month. It was fast and comfortable, only few stops on the way. Reasonable selection of food and drinks to buy on board. Value for money Convenience
- "Friends abroad" Cecilia k. 05/04/2016
The rail was very comfy and my friends and I very much enjoyed ourselves! Value for money Convenience
- "enjoyable trip" Kailey l. 04/04/2016
Employees were very helpful in finding our seats and cabin. Food in the bar car was very good and a great variety. Very convenient. On time in departure and very friendly. Prefer the train ride back to Munich to the flight to Paris. Can't wait to take our next trip! Value for money Convenience
- "First time EuroRail train ride" Meghan d. 04/04/2016
This was our first time taking the EuroRail, and we absolutely loved the convenience, comfort, and timeliness! Value for money Convenience