Great deals to tour Europe!
Get up to € 60 off your booking and enjoy summer in Europe!
Discover iconic cities such as Paris, London and Rome.
Find a Train Ticket
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (167)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Aix En Provence Tgv||Frankfurt||07:45||€ 39|
|Frankfurt||Chalon Sur Saone||04:54||€ 58|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. Gatwick Express arrives in London's Victoria Station.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
Q. I've purchased a single country pass. What do I do if I decide to visit an additional, bordering country?A. Your railpass covers you to the border city of the country you are traveling in. You will need to purchase additional tickets to travel in any country not covered on your pass. If you are planning to travel to more than one city, you may want to consider upgrading your pass to cover an additional country.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. The best option for 3 passengers is a T3 if it is available. T3 compartments are not offered on all trains. If a T3 is not available then passengers will be advised to divide their party. You can also book a T4 or T6 based on availability and restrictions.
- A. Yes all high-speed trains require reservations. Some 1st class trains include meal service in the price of your ticket.
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
- A. Due to the limited availability on overnight trains, if you must change your sleeper reservation, try to do so immediately. You can visit the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train's departure and see what is available. Be aware that your reservation change may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges. Reservations are required for sleepers and couchettes on all overnight trains and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"Travel by train"Rina a.
Convinience, no issue Value for money Convenience
"Comfortable Ride"Andrew w. 21/05/2015
The trip from Munich to Paris was pretty comfortable with the only problem being that as I sat on the aisle I was hit but everybody boarding and disembarking the train. But in between the few stops that it happened the ride was smooth, the scenery was perfect and the seats themselves were pretty comfortable. All in all, no real complaints. Value for money Convenience
"super train trip"Eileen b. 09/05/2015
super from beginning to end Value for money Convenience
"Great way to Travel"Kathryn d. 30/04/2015
First time trip to Europe, great way to get to major destinations. Staff on trains were amazing, friendly and helpful! Can't wait to do it again. Definitely recommend the few extra dollars for the high speed. Value for money Convenience
"train ride"Mari t. 28/04/2015
Our train ride was comfortable. Nice experience. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent in every way"Irene r. 24/04/2015
We have used Rail Europe on a number of occasions, most recently a day trip from Paris to Mannheim. Every aspect of the trip from booking it to arriving back right on schedule, went perfectly. This is our preferred way to travel within Europe. Value for money Convenience
"Paris to Stuttgart Train Ride"Ivan w. 24/04/2015
The ride was good, comfortable and reasonably convenient. Value for money Convenience
"Option for paperless tickets"Tami m. 14/04/2015
I was not able to purchase a paperless option for my trip. This was very inconvenient for someone who was already traveling because it takes about 8 business days to mail the paper ticket. Value for money Convenience
"convenience and comfort"Rafeeq Mohamed k. 11/04/2015
Quick, convenient and comfortable. Train is the way to go!!! At least this part of Europe.. Value for money Convenience
"Enjoying "Ali a. 02/04/2015
It was on time, the coach was clean and comfortable. We enjoy it Value for money Convenience
"Great ride, wonderful service."Isaac Fabrice f. 24/03/2015
I was delighted to find a round trip ticket at an affordable price. The train left on time and arrived on time. Very clean, neat and spacious cars. Will definitely use Rail Europe again!! Value for money Convenience
"delay"Petr h. 13/02/2015
the delay was terrible, even if I am pretty sure that RE knows about the duration of the delay, they prolonged it every ten minutes until it was 1,5 hour. If we were been told right at the beginning, we could go for a supper or do something else than stand and staring at the delay board:-) Anyway the train was nice, clean and comfort ... and people were friendly so finaly it was not so bad trip... If The RE decreases the price of tickets i would use trains instead of cars, buses and maybe even instead of planes sometimes.. Value for money Convenience
"International Review"Kumar n. 09/02/2015
I was very pleasantly thrilled about the experience. 1. Very convenient to book from outside of Germany also, myself being a non -european citizen, I was able to book without any fuss at all. 2. Comfort and ease of travel also was commendable 3. One aspect that you may consider is also to incorporate travel to suburbs also built in to the ticket. ( for example if we are travelling From Paris to a suburb near Stuttgart.. that could be built into the ticket, rather than having to get down at Stuttgart and then buy another ticket to a suburb.. It would be good if someone can share their explanation for this. Regards Kumar Bruce Value for money Convenience
"It’s easy to travel in Europ"Yao-chung s. 27/01/2015
It's easy to travel in Europ via trian Quiet convienence! Value for money Convenience
"train"Azhar n. 26/01/2015
I'm glad, everything was good Value for money Convenience