Find a Train Ticket
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (167)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Frankfurt||Aix En Provence Tgv||07:30||€ 49|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Frankfurt||04:57||€ 39|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Maps are provided with many multiple country passes and some single country passes. We have online maps for planning on our site.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. No you can’t. You need to buy your Swiss pass before coming to Europe.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker. We have information about luggage storage on our train station information pages.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. Due to the limited availability on overnight trains, if you must change your sleeper reservation, try to do so immediately. You can visit the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train's departure and see what is available. Be aware that your reservation change may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges. Reservations are required for sleepers and couchettes on all overnight trains and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
Q. Why is printing options not authorized for all tickets which are sold on the Rail Europe Websites?A.When booking your tickets, you can choose your printing option: Paper ticket, "Print @ Home" or "Print @ the station". Paper tickets are always available. Nevertheless, the other options can be unavailable, depending on the route you have chosen. Please note that for the moment, "Print @ the station" is only offered on Eurostar, ATOC and on all trains departing from France (domestic and international trains such as Thalys, TGV Lyria etc.). The "Print @ Home" option is only offered if the booking includes a Eurostar, Thalys, French Journeys or Spanish trains.
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"It’s easy to travel in Europ"Yao-chung s.
It's easy to travel in Europ via trian Quiet convienence! Value for money Convenience
"train"Azhar n. 26/01/2015
I'm glad, everything was good Value for money Convenience
"train trip"Jirayr a. 24/01/2015
It was perfect. Everything was excellent! Value for money Convenience
"Trip was Fantastic"Khalid s. 23/01/2015
Trip was fantastic and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
"Good trip"Javier r. 05/01/2015
Excellent trip. Service can improve. Value for money Convenience
"Last minute platform change"Wai Yan c. 09/12/2014
My only bad comment on this trip is the very last minute platform change, made all passengers have to take luggage, run up staircases and chase the train, very rush and stressful. Value for money Convenience
"great train service"Paul c. 27/11/2014
Value for money Convenience
"Pleasant trip"Emad h. 25/11/2014
It was a pleasant trip, very comfortable even i didn't really feel the four hours. The train was very punctual. Value for money Convenience
"pleasant journey"Faten e. 24/11/2014
I much enjoyed the trip , it was very pleasant, the service was perfect and nothing missed . Next time , I will try to select an earliest time in the morning to admire the environment. Thank you Value for money Convenience
"Exhilerating"Jon j. 22/11/2014
Very amused by the speed at which the train traveled. I thought the staff on this leg of the trip were a bit friendlier and the service was great. I would recommend this train to anyone. Value for money Convenience
"Wonderful!!!"Tracey m. 19/11/2014
This was a wonderful train.. Clean, the food was very good and courteous staff. I can't wait for the next time! Value for money Convenience
"Pleasent Journey"Norizan m. 17/11/2014
It was a comfortable ride and perfect timing. Will recommend to my friends Value for money Convenience
"On time (y)"Kunal a. 12/11/2014
It was a nice travel with nice pantry cafeteria on purchase basis :) The seats were good but I would have liked a little recliner which was not poss although the silver button was given but non functional Thank You Value for money Convenience
"Excellent trip and train!"Neetu s. 12/11/2014
We loved travelling to Frankfurt from Paris.. The train was comfortable, had ample leg room and the scenic beauty outside was wonderful! Value for money Convenience
"Good ride"Nicholas h. 10/11/2014
We were all seated together on the top floor of the duplex. No problems at all, it was a very pleasurable trip. However, we were worried about the time allowed for our connection (see accompanying review). Value for money Convenience