Find a Train Ticket
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (167)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Aix En Provence Tgv||Frankfurt||07:45||€ 39|
|Frankfurt||Chalon Sur Saone||04:54||€ 58|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
- A. Eurostar offers 3 classes of service: 2 for 1st class and 1 for 2nd class. Business Premier which offers priority express check-in at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, wifi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travelers, complimentary newspapers, 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Leisure Select offers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers, and 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Standard class (2nd class) offers generous legroom and access to a bar-buffet car where a selection of food and beverages are available for purchase.
- A. First class on the Spanish day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Spanish day train offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. Yes. If you have a twin pass to travel in Germany, you need two German Rail Pass Extensions.
- A. A pass holder is a reduced fare that can be purchased in place of a ticket. It requires the use of 1 day on a rail pass and is generally required for high-speed trains.
- A. A rail day lasts from midnight to midnight. You can take as many trains as you wish during this time.
- A. There is no Senior fare available for Italo trains. However children aged from 4 to 14 have a 25% discount on the full adult fare. As for children under 3 years old, they can travel for free if they do not require any seat.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. Simply enter 1 passenger on the request page. The results page will display 1-3 passenger rooms depending on what is available. When booking a room that has more than one bed, the compartment is shared.
- A. Yes, we recomand that you would purchase tickets and make your seat reservations prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains and disrupting your travel plans.
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"train ride"Mari t.
Our train ride was comfortable. Nice experience. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent in every way"Irene r. 24/04/2015
We have used Rail Europe on a number of occasions, most recently a day trip from Paris to Mannheim. Every aspect of the trip from booking it to arriving back right on schedule, went perfectly. This is our preferred way to travel within Europe. Value for money Convenience
"Paris to Stuttgart Train Ride"Ivan w. 24/04/2015
The ride was good, comfortable and reasonably convenient. Value for money Convenience
"Option for paperless tickets"Tami m. 14/04/2015
I was not able to purchase a paperless option for my trip. This was very inconvenient for someone who was already traveling because it takes about 8 business days to mail the paper ticket. Value for money Convenience
"convenience and comfort"Rafeeq Mohamed k. 11/04/2015
Quick, convenient and comfortable. Train is the way to go!!! At least this part of Europe.. Value for money Convenience
"Enjoying "Ali a. 02/04/2015
It was on time, the coach was clean and comfortable. We enjoy it Value for money Convenience
"Great ride, wonderful service."Isaac Fabrice f. 24/03/2015
I was delighted to find a round trip ticket at an affordable price. The train left on time and arrived on time. Very clean, neat and spacious cars. Will definitely use Rail Europe again!! Value for money Convenience
"delay"Petr h. 13/02/2015
the delay was terrible, even if I am pretty sure that RE knows about the duration of the delay, they prolonged it every ten minutes until it was 1,5 hour. If we were been told right at the beginning, we could go for a supper or do something else than stand and staring at the delay board:-) Anyway the train was nice, clean and comfort ... and people were friendly so finaly it was not so bad trip... If The RE decreases the price of tickets i would use trains instead of cars, buses and maybe even instead of planes sometimes.. Value for money Convenience
"International Review"Kumar n. 09/02/2015
I was very pleasantly thrilled about the experience. 1. Very convenient to book from outside of Germany also, myself being a non -european citizen, I was able to book without any fuss at all. 2. Comfort and ease of travel also was commendable 3. One aspect that you may consider is also to incorporate travel to suburbs also built in to the ticket. ( for example if we are travelling From Paris to a suburb near Stuttgart.. that could be built into the ticket, rather than having to get down at Stuttgart and then buy another ticket to a suburb.. It would be good if someone can share their explanation for this. Regards Kumar Bruce Value for money Convenience
"It’s easy to travel in Europ"Yao-chung s. 27/01/2015
It's easy to travel in Europ via trian Quiet convienence! Value for money Convenience
"train"Azhar n. 26/01/2015
I'm glad, everything was good Value for money Convenience
"train trip"Jirayr a. 24/01/2015
It was perfect. Everything was excellent! Value for money Convenience
"Trip was Fantastic"Khalid s. 23/01/2015
Trip was fantastic and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
"Good trip"Javier r. 05/01/2015
Excellent trip. Service can improve. Value for money Convenience
"Last minute platform change"Wai Yan c. 09/12/2014
My only bad comment on this trip is the very last minute platform change, made all passengers have to take luggage, run up staircases and chase the train, very rush and stressful. Value for money Convenience