France-GermanyFrance : SNCF
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Frankfurt||Aix En Provence Tgv||07:30||€ 49|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Frankfurt||04:57||€ 39|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times as you like before Midnight on a travel day.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker. We have information about luggage storage on our train station information pages.
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. The BritRail Family Pass allows one child between the ages of 5 and 15 to travel free with an adult or senior BritRail Pass holder.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. ICE trains offer two travel classes: Standard and First. On First Class, some coaches feature individual video screens. Electric sockets for laptops or DVD players can be found in most First class carriages. Quiet zones are also reserved for passengers who want to travel in peace.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
answered | Posted by Deepa R. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by Norman C. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/01/2015
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Jackie M. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings France-Germany
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
- "Fast and convenient" Ah Sian h. 27/04/2016
It is a direct trip and the whole journey took only about 2 hours. We find it much more convenient than air flight. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Andrey s. 25/04/2016
Took TGV direct train from Paris EST to Frankfurt in first class earlier this month. It was fast and comfortable, only few stops on the way. Reasonable selection of food and drinks to buy on board. Value for money Convenience
- "Friends abroad" Cecilia k. 05/04/2016
The rail was very comfy and my friends and I very much enjoyed ourselves! Value for money Convenience
- "enjoyable trip" Kailey l. 04/04/2016
Employees were very helpful in finding our seats and cabin. Food in the bar car was very good and a great variety. Very convenient. On time in departure and very friendly. Prefer the train ride back to Munich to the flight to Paris. Can't wait to take our next trip! Value for money Convenience
- "First time EuroRail train ride" Meghan d. 04/04/2016
This was our first time taking the EuroRail, and we absolutely loved the convenience, comfort, and timeliness! Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Munich" Midhat w. 03/04/2016
Absolutely amazing from the start of the booking till the end of my journey Value for money Convenience
- "Good" . 29/03/2016
- "Nice Trip" Ibrahim Ahmed Soliman y. 22/03/2016
comfort chair, good location for the baggage ... the available power source was very helpful for me to use my laptop for 4 hours ... Bathroom was clean , but needs better water source Value for money Convenience
- "little space" Eva m. 17/03/2016
not wifi , and the train was late , but it was clean Value for money Convenience
- "Trip from Paris to Mannheim " Adebisi s. 08/03/2016
Wish I can always afford the train your service is fantastic Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and great!" Maria Eugenia r. 06/03/2016
Great and nice space. Comfortable, quickly, easy to get and valuable for money. Convenience
- "comfort" Nevin b. 01/03/2016
Our trip was fast and comfortable , interior of the train was spacious and quiet. Value for money Convenience
- "Very comfortable trip!" Keagen g. 16/02/2016
4-5 hour train ride from Paris to Frankfurt - super smooth, very spacious, great food and hot drinks, and excellent service. Value for money Convenience
- "I had to switch the train" Jolanta p. 08/02/2016
the ride was nice till the train got into technical problem and I needed to switch trains. Then the chaos started.I have not received any help with my luggage, nor guidance as where is my couch or my proper seat in new arrangements. It could be a nice trip but it just did not happen. Value for money Convenience
- "PARIS -FRANKFURT Comment" Mostafa m. 28/01/2016
The trip was great. Train is clean and comfortable. also, timing was great. I would advise having some screen in back of the chairs or even the common screen to advertise on the best places to visits, sales at shops, caution notes if needed as well underground maps. overall trip was great. Thank you M.Mahdy Value for money Convenience