Find a Train Ticket
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (167)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2014
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Frankfurt||Aix En Provence Tgv||07:30||€ 49|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Frankfurt||04:57||€ 39|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 bags/suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage and every piece of luggage must be labelled. Luggage can be stored in the racks above your seat on ICE trains.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. ICE trains link major German cities from Cologne in the west to Berlin in the east. But they also cross borders and go into France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
- A. With a Eurail Italy pass, you can travel on all trains from Trenitalia, the Italian railway company. Just bear in mind that reservation is compulsory on-board Frecciarossa, Frecciabianca, Frecciargento, and Eurostar trains. Overnight trains also require reservation of the sleeping compartments.
answered | Posted by Norman C. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/01/2015
answered | Posted by Jackie M. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings France-Germany
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"Paris-Stuttgart trip"Natasha b. 17/11/2015
Very comfortable, excellent service. Will use again. Value for money Convenience
"business"Ya-lin p. 16/11/2015
easy! convenience! Value for money Convenience
"perfect trip"Fatjon l. 20/08/2015
me and my wife took this train raid from paris to frankfurt. it was very nice trip and very comfortable. everything was perfect and i have nothing to complain. Value for money Convenience
"Very Good trip". 12/08/2015
I used Raileurpoe for the following two trips. Trip 1. Paris to Stuttgart on August 1 2015. Trip 2. Aalan (Germany) to Fankfurt (Airport) on Aug 9, 2015. Trains are comfortable without having issues of printed tickets. Price is good compared with normal ticket. It is easy to find seats as all details are available in printed ticket. It is difficult to get in
"Paris to Stuttgart"Scott j. 12/08/2015
My trip from Paris to Stuttgart was very relaxing. The accommodations on the train were very pleasing, and the workers were very pleasant. I will definitely take this train again. Value for money Convenience
"Very good". 02/08/2015
It was my first experience with TGV and such kind of service We (Family) were so comfortable and happy with the trips and the seating, timing, departure, arrival clarity of schedule etc..... The only note about the trip is the quality of food and beverage at the cafeteria. We had few things (closed packs) from there while I took 2 Cafe late for my self
"Best of Our Four Europe Trains"Chris Renay p. 02/08/2015
The train was clean, fast, and comfortable. It was easy to understand which car our seats were in and to find the car on the platform. The display monitor inside the car kept us apprised of our whereabouts, speed, and projected time of arrival. The trip was much more pleasant than our car rental experience in terms of economy and time. We only wish our other three rail journeys during our Europe trip between other cities were as nice. Value for money Convenience
"Travel by train"Rina a. 22/06/2015
Convinience, no issue Value for money Convenience
"Comfortable Ride"Andrew w. 21/05/2015
The trip from Munich to Paris was pretty comfortable with the only problem being that as I sat on the aisle I was hit but everybody boarding and disembarking the train. But in between the few stops that it happened the ride was smooth, the scenery was perfect and the seats themselves were pretty comfortable. All in all, no real complaints. Value for money Convenience
"super train trip"Eileen b. 09/05/2015
super from beginning to end Value for money Convenience
"Great way to Travel"Kathryn d. 30/04/2015
First time trip to Europe, great way to get to major destinations. Staff on trains were amazing, friendly and helpful! Can't wait to do it again. Definitely recommend the few extra dollars for the high speed. Value for money Convenience
"train ride"Mari t. 28/04/2015
Our train ride was comfortable. Nice experience. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent in every way"Irene r. 24/04/2015
We have used Rail Europe on a number of occasions, most recently a day trip from Paris to Mannheim. Every aspect of the trip from booking it to arriving back right on schedule, went perfectly. This is our preferred way to travel within Europe. Value for money Convenience
"Paris to Stuttgart Train Ride"Ivan w. 24/04/2015
The ride was good, comfortable and reasonably convenient. Value for money Convenience
"Option for paperless tickets"Tami m. 14/04/2015
I was not able to purchase a paperless option for my trip. This was very inconvenient for someone who was already traveling because it takes about 8 business days to mail the paper ticket. Value for money Convenience