Find a Train Ticket
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (167)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Aix En Provence Tgv||Frankfurt||07:45||€ 39|
|Frankfurt||Chalon Sur Saone||04:54||€ 58|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Discounted Senior rates for travelers 60 and older are available on the following passes: Balkan Flexipass-1st class BritRail Consecutive and Flexipass 1st class, BritRail England Consecutive and Flexipass 1st Class France Rail Pass, 1st Class Eurail Ireland Pass - 2nd Class Eurail Romania Pass - 1st class
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. AVE services offer two different classes of travel: in first class, depending on the train, you will be able to choose between First Class Club and Preferente where you can enjoy a meal served at seat, an access to VIP lounges in the main Spanish railways stations, daily press and free parking (24 hours if you have a single ticket, 48 hours for a return). Turista class, as known as 2nd class, includes a family area, children’s board games, wheelchair facilities as well as audio/video devices.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Like most high-speed trains in Europe, you need to make a booking when travelling with Thalys. Passholders with passes covering the whole Thalys route (Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass including France, Benelux or Germany, depending on the route, Eurail and Benelux-France) benefit from special Passholder fares. Just bear in mind that some passes covering partially the Thalys sector like France Rail Pass but also Eurail passes including Benelux-France / France-Germany / France-Italy / France-Spain / France-Switzerland / Benelux also offer special Passholder deals. German Rail Pass is not valid on Thalys routes to Germany.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
- A. Dining cars are available on most long distance trains. Normally, you can just walk into most dining cars, sit down, and eat without a reservation, but you are welcome to make a reservation for a meal when mealtime is busy, or when the train attendant announces the opening of the dining car. If your train does not have a dining car, it is likely to offer passengers a buffet bar car. On local trains, there may be an attendant with a snack cart who travels from car to car, selling snacks and beverages. Train Dining cars are part of the train experience and is unrivaled by any other means of transportation. In some trains the quality of the food and the wine is up to the standard of a gourmet restaurant.
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"Comfortable Ride"Andrew w.
The trip from Munich to Paris was pretty comfortable with the only problem being that as I sat on the aisle I was hit but everybody boarding and disembarking the train. But in between the few stops that it happened the ride was smooth, the scenery was perfect and the seats themselves were pretty comfortable. All in all, no real complaints. Value for money Convenience
"super train trip"Eileen b. 09/05/2015
super from beginning to end Value for money Convenience
"Great way to Travel"Kathryn d. 30/04/2015
First time trip to Europe, great way to get to major destinations. Staff on trains were amazing, friendly and helpful! Can't wait to do it again. Definitely recommend the few extra dollars for the high speed. Value for money Convenience
"train ride"Mari t. 28/04/2015
Our train ride was comfortable. Nice experience. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent in every way"Irene r. 24/04/2015
We have used Rail Europe on a number of occasions, most recently a day trip from Paris to Mannheim. Every aspect of the trip from booking it to arriving back right on schedule, went perfectly. This is our preferred way to travel within Europe. Value for money Convenience
"Paris to Stuttgart Train Ride"Ivan w. 24/04/2015
The ride was good, comfortable and reasonably convenient. Value for money Convenience
"Option for paperless tickets"Tami m. 14/04/2015
I was not able to purchase a paperless option for my trip. This was very inconvenient for someone who was already traveling because it takes about 8 business days to mail the paper ticket. Value for money Convenience
"convenience and comfort"Rafeeq Mohamed k. 11/04/2015
Quick, convenient and comfortable. Train is the way to go!!! At least this part of Europe.. Value for money Convenience
"Enjoying "Ali a. 02/04/2015
It was on time, the coach was clean and comfortable. We enjoy it Value for money Convenience
"Great ride, wonderful service."Isaac Fabrice f. 24/03/2015
I was delighted to find a round trip ticket at an affordable price. The train left on time and arrived on time. Very clean, neat and spacious cars. Will definitely use Rail Europe again!! Value for money Convenience
"delay"Petr h. 13/02/2015
the delay was terrible, even if I am pretty sure that RE knows about the duration of the delay, they prolonged it every ten minutes until it was 1,5 hour. If we were been told right at the beginning, we could go for a supper or do something else than stand and staring at the delay board:-) Anyway the train was nice, clean and comfort ... and people were friendly so finaly it was not so bad trip... If The RE decreases the price of tickets i would use trains instead of cars, buses and maybe even instead of planes sometimes.. Value for money Convenience
"International Review"Kumar n. 09/02/2015
I was very pleasantly thrilled about the experience. 1. Very convenient to book from outside of Germany also, myself being a non -european citizen, I was able to book without any fuss at all. 2. Comfort and ease of travel also was commendable 3. One aspect that you may consider is also to incorporate travel to suburbs also built in to the ticket. ( for example if we are travelling From Paris to a suburb near Stuttgart.. that could be built into the ticket, rather than having to get down at Stuttgart and then buy another ticket to a suburb.. It would be good if someone can share their explanation for this. Regards Kumar Bruce Value for money Convenience
"It’s easy to travel in Europ"Yao-chung s. 27/01/2015
It's easy to travel in Europ via trian Quiet convienence! Value for money Convenience
"train"Azhar n. 26/01/2015
I'm glad, everything was good Value for money Convenience
"train trip"Jirayr a. 24/01/2015
It was perfect. Everything was excellent! Value for money Convenience