- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Frankfurt||Aix En Provence Tgv||07:30||€ 49|
|Frankfurt||Chalon Sur Saone||04:54||€ 58|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. Discounted Senior rates for travelers 60 and older are available on the following passes: Balkan Flexipass-1st class BritRail Consecutive and Flexipass 1st class, BritRail England Consecutive and Flexipass 1st Class France Rail Pass, 1st Class Eurail Ireland Pass - 2nd Class Eurail Romania Pass - 1st class
- A. Maps are provided with many multiple country passes and some single country passes. We have online maps for planning on our site.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. No. You have to buy your Eurail Select Pass before travelling to Europe. Eurail passes can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
answered | Posted by Deepa R. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by Norman C. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/01/2015
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Jackie M. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings France-Germany
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
- "PARIS -FRANKFURT Comment" Mostafa m. 28/01/2016
The trip was great. Train is clean and comfortable. also, timing was great. I would advise having some screen in back of the chairs or even the common screen to advertise on the best places to visits, sales at shops, caution notes if needed as well underground maps. overall trip was great. Thank you M.Mahdy Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Ajay v. 26/01/2016
The journey was really nice. We enjoyed it a lot. At first we were planning to travel from Frankfurt to Paris by a flight but we changed our mind Convenience
- "First Travel on RE" Edgar e. 17/01/2016
it was amazing, the train have excelent service, it have a big baggage place, clean and lcd display with information about you trip. Would travel againt from Frankfurt Main HB to Paris Est with Rail Europe. Value for money Convenience
- "Frankfurt to Paris Christmas" Janette w. 06/01/2016
Quickest, least stressful leg of our journey! Next trip, will travel by rail more and drive less! Value for money Convenience
- "Hallo " Jung-tse c. 06/01/2016
This is a wonderful trip!!! Value for money Convenience
- "fantastic trip " Ahmad a. 10/12/2015
This trip first time to try train but was experimental trip eat and drink free - this train was faster approximately 300 per hour and comfort .clean . convenience and the chair was wide . I chose class 1 - I don't know about class 2 I booked 2 month ago was cheap price I saw chines man he booked 2 day ago more different between me and you . he booked class 2 (128 Euro ) I bonked class 1 (69 Euro ) I will try this trip ( in shaa allah ) Thank you . Value for money Convenience
- "Great experience" Cheri j. 05/12/2015
I had a fabulous experience on the train from Paris to Germany. Very comfortable and good food, too! Thank you for making my trip so wonderful. Value for money Convenience
- "Satisfied" Joseph h. 30/11/2015
Everything went as planned. No complaints whatsoever. This was my first booking of a train ticket online, and I am satisfied with the convenience and the ease of use (print an e-ticket and use it directly on the train). Value for money Convenience
- "Paris-Stuttgart trip" Natasha b. 17/11/2015
Very comfortable, excellent service. Will use again. Value for money Convenience
- "business" Ya-lin p. 16/11/2015
easy! convenience! Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoyable trip by train" . 06/11/2015
Initially I used my 2nd calss railpass to buy a tciket from Munich Hbf to Paris Est, but when I collected the ticket I discovered that due to mstake the ticket was for 1st class seat. Went to raileurope office and informed tham of the error. Told by staff that the ticket was invalid, and that I needed to buy another ticket, and then to request for refund of the first ticket. I thus bought a new ticket. returned the first ticket and asked for its refund. But days later, told by raileurope that refund was refused. Found this very unjkust, unfair and unreasonable to a genuine and honest customer, though this experience did not disturb my trip..
- "A MEMORABLE JOURNEY BY TRAIN " Garjechannabasappa m. 25/10/2015
I TRAVELED TO PARIS (FRANCE) FROM KARLSRUHE (GERMANY) BY TRAIN TGV. ENJOYED THE TRAVEL INDEED AND IT WAS A MEMORABLE; VERY COMFORT AND CONVENIENT THAN A FLIGHT. MOHAN KUMAR (INDIA) Value for money Convenience
- "Amazing travel!" Ronald h. 23/10/2015
The train was easy to access both at Mannheim and Paris Points of entry. The smooth ride and friendly staff made it a very enjoyable experience. We would without a doubt travel by this mode again. Value for money Convenience
- "my opinion" . 23/10/2015
My Journey was comfort and safe. Thank you.
- "First Euro Train Trip" Martin c. 21/10/2015
This was our first experience of long distance speed trains, coming from South Africa. It was great, clean, comfortable and a joy to experience. Value for money Convenience