Find a Train Ticket
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (167)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Frankfurt||Aix En Provence Tgv||07:30||€ 49|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Frankfurt||04:57||€ 39|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
Q. How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan if there has been loss or theft ?A. Pass/ticket holders must file a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident. Pass/ticket holders may purchase a replacement rail pass or rail tickets in order to continue with his/her travel plans. Upon return to your country, pass/tickets holder must submit a request to Rail Europe within thirty (30) days including a police report, replacement passes or tickets purchased abroad, airline tickets to/from Europe. A brief explanation of the situation is also necessary to better evaluate the traveler request form.
Q. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd Class Eurail Select Pass instead of a 1st Class Eurail Select Pass?A. Eurail Select Pass is only available in 1st Class for adults and children. Eurail Select Youth Pass is offered in 2nd class to travelers under age 26.
- A. You can travel in first or second class. It depends on the classes of services which correspond to your German Rail Pass. In the ExpressBus to/from Munich to Prague, only 2nd class is available.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. When travelling with Thalys, you can carry a maximum of two suitcases per paying passenger (the largest side must be equal to 85 centimetres) and one item of hand luggage.
- A. Your payment details will be encoded and sent using a secure connection. You can check the security details by clicking with your right mouse button on the payment page and then selecting ‘Properties’. A window will pop up containing all connection data. The ‘Connection’ field shows that an SSL connection is used. Your credit card information, including the number and expiration date, will not be stored.
- A. ICE trains offer two travel classes: Standard and First. On First Class, some coaches feature individual video screens. Electric sockets for laptops or DVD players can be found in most First class carriages. Quiet zones are also reserved for passengers who want to travel in peace.
- A. The pass can be purchased up to 6 months before your first travel day. The pass must be validated within 6 months of the original date of issue.
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"Great ride, wonderful service."Isaac Fabrice f.
I was delighted to find a round trip ticket at an affordable price. The train left on time and arrived on time. Very clean, neat and spacious cars. Will definitely use Rail Europe again!! Value for money Convenience
"delay"Petr h. 13/02/2015
the delay was terrible, even if I am pretty sure that RE knows about the duration of the delay, they prolonged it every ten minutes until it was 1,5 hour. If we were been told right at the beginning, we could go for a supper or do something else than stand and staring at the delay board:-) Anyway the train was nice, clean and comfort ... and people were friendly so finaly it was not so bad trip... If The RE decreases the price of tickets i would use trains instead of cars, buses and maybe even instead of planes sometimes.. Value for money Convenience
"International Review"Kumar n. 09/02/2015
I was very pleasantly thrilled about the experience. 1. Very convenient to book from outside of Germany also, myself being a non -european citizen, I was able to book without any fuss at all. 2. Comfort and ease of travel also was commendable 3. One aspect that you may consider is also to incorporate travel to suburbs also built in to the ticket. ( for example if we are travelling From Paris to a suburb near Stuttgart.. that could be built into the ticket, rather than having to get down at Stuttgart and then buy another ticket to a suburb.. It would be good if someone can share their explanation for this. Regards Kumar Bruce Value for money Convenience
"It’s easy to travel in Europ"Yao-chung s. 27/01/2015
It's easy to travel in Europ via trian Quiet convienence! Value for money Convenience
"train"Azhar n. 26/01/2015
I'm glad, everything was good Value for money Convenience
"train trip"Jirayr a. 24/01/2015
It was perfect. Everything was excellent! Value for money Convenience
"Trip was Fantastic"Khalid s. 23/01/2015
Trip was fantastic and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
"Good trip"Javier r. 05/01/2015
Excellent trip. Service can improve. Value for money Convenience
"Last minute platform change"Wai Yan c. 09/12/2014
My only bad comment on this trip is the very last minute platform change, made all passengers have to take luggage, run up staircases and chase the train, very rush and stressful. Value for money Convenience
"great train service"Paul c. 27/11/2014
Value for money Convenience
"Pleasant trip"Emad h. 25/11/2014
It was a pleasant trip, very comfortable even i didn't really feel the four hours. The train was very punctual. Value for money Convenience
"pleasant journey"Faten e. 24/11/2014
I much enjoyed the trip , it was very pleasant, the service was perfect and nothing missed . Next time , I will try to select an earliest time in the morning to admire the environment. Thank you Value for money Convenience
"Exhilerating"Jon j. 22/11/2014
Very amused by the speed at which the train traveled. I thought the staff on this leg of the trip were a bit friendlier and the service was great. I would recommend this train to anyone. Value for money Convenience
"Wonderful!!!"Tracey m. 19/11/2014
This was a wonderful train.. Clean, the food was very good and courteous staff. I can't wait for the next time! Value for money Convenience
"Pleasent Journey"Norizan m. 17/11/2014
It was a comfortable ride and perfect timing. Will recommend to my friends Value for money Convenience