France-Spain high speedSpain : RENFE
- Barcelona - Montpellier: 02:55
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
France-Spain high speed
France-Spain high speed trains are ideal to visit main French and Spanish cities like Paris, Montpellier, Barcelona and Madrid.
France-Spain high speed trains are operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, and the RENFE, the Spanish railway company. The service is provided by international high speed trains, which are modern trains offering exceptional comfort for the passengers. A first class and second class service is available when booking train tickets to travel on board the France-Spain high speed trains. Major French and Spanish cities are connected with the France-Spain high speed network. In France, cities like Paris, Montpellier, Marseille, Lyon and Toulouse are found served by the France-Spain high speed. In Spain, cities like Madrid, Barcelona and Figueres are concerned.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Montpellier||Aix En Provence Tgv||01:16||€ 15|
|Nimes||Aix En Provence Tgv||00:48||€ 15|
|Perpignan||Aix En Provence Tgv||02:52||€ 40|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Spain high speed tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The France-Spain high speed trains serve French and Spanish cities, thus calling at numerous stations. In Paris, the train calls at the Paris Gare de Lyon and in Barcelona, it calls at the Barcelona Sants railway station.First class ticket holders have access to the VIP lounges, which can be found in all Spanish train stations, except for Figueres. Please note that ticket control will take place before boarding in Spain, and on-board from France. Make sure your train tickets are validated.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Lounges at station in Spain Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Audio system* Listen to your favourite tune while enjoying the passing landscape. small>|
|Video screens* Ideal for entertainment, some coaches are equipped with screens. small>|
*only on the Lyon-Barcelona, Marseille-Barcelona-Madrid, and Toulouse-Barcelona routes.
The France-Spain trains are ideal to discover the Alps, the Provence region, the Midi-Pyréenées as well as the capital cities of France and Spain.
From France the France-Spain high speed trains will take you to Barcelona, where you can enjoy the sun and the city’s beaches, the treasures of Art Nouveau architecture and the tasty Mediterranean cuisine. Innovative design creations are to be found everywhere in Barcelona.
From Spain, visit Paris, one of the most popular cities in the world. Its museums, its architecture, its ambience, its cuisine, its shopping opportunities, etc.
Destinations that can be reached with the France Spain High Speed include Paris, Barcelona, Lyon, Madrid, Toulouse, Marseille, Girona, Montpellier, Figueres, Carcassonne, Avignon, Perpignan, Narbonne, Valence, Nîmes, Béziers, Aix-en-Provence, Agde, Sète, Zaragoza and Tarragona.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. You can get free (or cheap) boat trips, discounts on rail travel, free admission in museums, a 50% discount on mountain top excursions and more. You can obtain these benefits locally by showing your Swiss pass, or you can contact the specific benefit company in advance. The discount benefits apply during the validity of your Swiss pass, whereas free passage on trains, buses or ferries is only valid on travel days.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
- A. Most cites with airports are easily accessible by public transportation (Train, Bus, Subway or Taxi). The following airports listed have access to the downtown train stations: Amsterdam Schiphol, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin Schoenefeld, Birmingham, Brussels National, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dresden, Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva-Cointrin, Glasgow, Graz, Hannover, Krakow, Leipzig, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Stanstead, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Munich, Milan Malpensa, Newcastle, Nice, Nuremberg, Oslo, Palermo, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Pisa, Porto, Rome Fiumicino, Southampton, Stockholm, Stuttgart , Torino, Tronheim, Valencia, Vienna , and Zurich.
- A. A Swiss Pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services for periods ranging from four days to one month in 41 cities.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. A railpass month is counted as a calendar month. For example, a pass that begins on July 15th will expire at midnight on August 14th.
- A. Your Eurail Select pass must be validated by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the Eurail Select Pass (station’s desk) who also fills your first and last day of travel in the passport number.
answered | Posted by tess c. | Comments 1 | Created: 29/08/2016
answered | Posted by Achint K. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
answered | Posted by Ayatollah A. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/06/2016
answered | Posted by Vishwajith G. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/05/2016
answered | Posted by David D. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/05/2016
Reviews & ratings France-Spain high speed
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Avignon TGV - Barcelona Sants" Kwok Fu l. 26/08/2016
too many passenger causing delay Value for money Convenience
- "Very Good" . 18/08/2016
Comfortable, good value for money and reliable. It was better that Very Good - it was extremely good.
- "3 train trips" Tui Elizabeth g. 16/08/2016
train trip was great, centre city to centre city and no lining up for ages as with airports. First class much quieter and more space on seats and to move around. Only gripe is that there is inconsistency with the level of service on each train. On the Brussels to Paris train lunch as served to our seats at no extra cost. On Paris to Marseille no service apart from cafe car. Marseille to Barcelona, cafe car available and staff also brought a mini car through the carriage but we still needed to pay extra. It would be good to know what to expect on each trip so we could make other arrangements if necessary. These trips were several hours and the best service was on the shortest time frame of just one hour. Value for money Convenience
- "Transit in Narbonne" Ka Yee c. 15/08/2016
I had the transit in Narbonne before reaching Barcelona. The station there was small with only a few chairs for people to wait there. Value for money Convenience
- "Svetlana" Svetlana m. 09/08/2016
The travelled was good. Value for money Convenience
- "Speedy comfort" Per t. 06/08/2016
Easy booking, easy accessability, smooth travel all the way. Value for money Convenience
- "Spain -France fast train" Rouzan m. 06/08/2016
I would have given 5stars but after crossing border to France all announcements were only in French, as an international traveler one would expect at least 2languages: language of the origin of the trip,and language of final destination. Value for money Convenience
- "Very Feasible Way to Travel" Selena k. 04/08/2016
I am glad this train required assigned seats. Luggage storage, for larger luggage, was provided right before entrance to the coach. I would have preferred to have some luggage racks in the coach, so I could have kept my eyes on my luggage. My seat was comfortable.I appreciated the small garbage cans at the seat locations. The train was fast. The train provided an on-going visual account of all the stops the train would make. Announcements were made in several languages. Value for money Convenience
- "First TGV Travel Spain to Fran" Jesus Jorge v. 01/08/2016
Our trip was very comfortable. We will definitely use your services in the future. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfort" Ivan Wirya c. 29/07/2016
We and family feel comfort with this train Value for money Convenience
- "France to Spain" Howard s. 29/07/2016
Effortless and comfortable ride from France to Spain; can't wait to travel again by Rail Europe Value for money Convenience
- "well worth it" John m. 26/07/2016
It's definitely a nice trip that's cost effective and a fun way to hit 300 kph Value for money Convenience
- "No problems" . 25/07/2016
- "Comfortable and affordable" Kashan a. 25/07/2016
Overall experience was very pleasant. Prices are reasonable, seats are comfortable and you don't have to go through all the security check Value for money Convenience
- "My Rail Trip" Petronella Kundayi m. 24/07/2016
The train was on time and very comfortable. I enjoyed the trip and was comforted with the security checks of baggage which i have noted has been missing at some stations in Europe. Value for money Convenience