France-Spain high speedSpain : RENFE
- Barcelona - Montpellier: 02:55
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
France-Spain high speed
France-Spain high speed trains are ideal to visit main French and Spanish cities like Paris, Montpellier, Barcelona and Madrid.
France-Spain high speed trains are operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, and the RENFE, the Spanish railway company. The service is provided by international high speed trains, which are modern trains offering exceptional comfort for the passengers. A first class and second class service is available when booking train tickets to travel on board the France-Spain high speed trains. Major French and Spanish cities are connected with the France-Spain high speed network. In France, cities like Paris, Montpellier, Marseille, Lyon and Toulouse are found served by the France-Spain high speed. In Spain, cities like Madrid, Barcelona and Figueres are concerned.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Montpellier||Aix En Provence Tgv||01:16||€ 15|
|Nimes||Aix En Provence Tgv||00:48||€ 15|
|Perpignan||Aix En Provence Tgv||02:52||€ 40|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Spain high speed tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The France-Spain high speed trains serve French and Spanish cities, thus calling at numerous stations. In Paris, the train calls at the Paris Gare de Lyon and in Barcelona, it calls at the Barcelona Sants railway station.First class ticket holders have access to the VIP lounges, which can be found in all Spanish train stations, except for Figueres. Please note that ticket control will take place before boarding in Spain, and on-board from France. Make sure your train tickets are validated.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Lounges at station in Spain Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Audio system* Listen to your favourite tune while enjoying the passing landscape. small>|
|Video screens* Ideal for entertainment, some coaches are equipped with screens. small>|
*only on the Lyon-Barcelona, Marseille-Barcelona-Madrid, and Toulouse-Barcelona routes.
The France-Spain trains are ideal to discover the Alps, the Provence region, the Midi-Pyréenées as well as the capital cities of France and Spain.
From France the France-Spain high speed trains will take you to Barcelona, where you can enjoy the sun and the city’s beaches, the treasures of Art Nouveau architecture and the tasty Mediterranean cuisine. Innovative design creations are to be found everywhere in Barcelona.
From Spain, visit Paris, one of the most popular cities in the world. Its museums, its architecture, its ambience, its cuisine, its shopping opportunities, etc.
Destinations that can be reached with the France Spain High Speed include Paris, Barcelona, Lyon, Madrid, Toulouse, Marseille, Girona, Montpellier, Figueres, Carcassonne, Avignon, Perpignan, Narbonne, Valence, Nîmes, Béziers, Aix-en-Provence, Agde, Sète, Zaragoza and Tarragona.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times are you like between countries that are on your pass.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times as you like before Midnight on a travel day.
- A. First class on the Talgo 200 offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Talgo offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. A Swiss Pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services for periods ranging from four days to one month in 41 cities.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. The standard of amount of luggage is 2 large items per person. Trains have either overhead storage racks throughout the car, storage room behind the back of your seat or luggage areas at the end of the car. There is no porter service available and all passengers are responsible for putting their own luggage on the train. Note: Luggage kept by the passenger and placed in the luggage racks remains under the sole responsibility of the traveler. The railroads assume no responsibility in case of loss, damage, or theft.
- A. Many passes offer travel days that are flexible. The 4 days of travel allow the traveler to choose the days that they want to travel in a 2 month time period. Example: If a pass is valid from July 1 to August 31. The traveler can then select 4 dates to travel on the train from July 1 to August 31. The days can be consecutive or non consecutive.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
answered | Posted by tess c. | Comments 2 | Created: 29/08/2016
answered | Posted by Achint K. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
answered | Posted by Ayatollah A. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/06/2016
answered | Posted by Vishwajith G. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/05/2016
answered | Posted by David D. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/05/2016
Reviews & ratings France-Spain high speed
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Great train journey" Beverley e. 24/09/2016
All went well, transition at Genoa was easy, but wished there were more lifts or working escalators. Value for money Convenience
- "Just okay - a bit disappointin" Jacqueline t. 18/09/2016
For the money we paid we expected this train to have far better facilities. Not even free wifi! As tourists from New Zealand and first time Europe visitors we were very disappointed in this trip. No commentary on the train about the places we passed though. We did not get any information about any facilities on the train eg.food availability and bathrooms etc. Value for money Convenience
- "Could be much better" Richard d. 15/09/2016
No internet access - very poor. Expensive. Value for money Convenience
- "Horrible journey. Time waist. " Ivan b. 13/09/2016
Luggage storage was inconvenient. Those who travel with oversized luggage had to drop that on the others ones. Not enough announcement in English. As well as in Spanish when you are on the French side of the trip. Toilets were awful. Horribly organized boarding in Barcelona. Wouldn't recommend this to those who appreciates time and money. Value for money Convenience
- "Leg 1 of my mini adventure" Norrie b. 10/09/2016
A journey on my own made so easy and comfortable. Great ticket system and station signage made it all very easy. Value for money Convenience
- "very good" . 09/09/2016
every thing was ok except No Wi-Fi at the train, No enough food place at the train
- "FIRST AND MEMORABLE TRAIN RIDE" Kate Hwa t. 09/09/2016
This is my first experience of travelling into France with my family by train. I must say that it is a pleasant experience overall = from the beginning to find the most suitable train passage to online reservations and having the printed tickets in hand. It was so hassle free and so convenient. It really takes a load off my mind once the train passages and seat numbers were confirmed too. The train arrived on time as scheduled. The train ride was comfortable smooth and scenic too. There was sufficient space to store away our luggages and the toilets were clean too. My family and I were totally happy with the experience we had on board your train. However I did not quite understand why I was not able to print the ticket on line like the rest of other train passages. I was not sure whether I would be at home when the tickets were delivered by courier. Thankfully I was at home to receive the tickets. Value for money Convenience
- "Barcelona to Perpignan" Arthur s. 09/09/2016
We had a great trip from Sants in Barcelona to Perpignan. The check in at Sants was brilliant and quick - all very well organized. Train very comfortable - although we did go first class - but well worth the extra euros. Good coffee - all on time - great trip Thanks Value for money Convenience
- "great" Ariane d. 09/09/2016
Very convenient schedule to sleep, clean, comfortable, nice station managers, a great experience that enables to avoid the plane. Value for money Convenience
- "Hoiiday trIp" . 06/09/2016
Easy travel good train trip
- "Avignon TGV - Barcelona Sants" Kwok Fu l. 26/08/2016
too many passenger causing delay Value for money Convenience
- "Very Good" . 18/08/2016
Comfortable, good value for money and reliable. It was better that Very Good - it was extremely good.
- "3 train trips" Tui Elizabeth g. 16/08/2016
train trip was great, centre city to centre city and no lining up for ages as with airports. First class much quieter and more space on seats and to move around. Only gripe is that there is inconsistency with the level of service on each train. On the Brussels to Paris train lunch as served to our seats at no extra cost. On Paris to Marseille no service apart from cafe car. Marseille to Barcelona, cafe car available and staff also brought a mini car through the carriage but we still needed to pay extra. It would be good to know what to expect on each trip so we could make other arrangements if necessary. These trips were several hours and the best service was on the shortest time frame of just one hour. Value for money Convenience
- "Transit in Narbonne" Ka Yee c. 15/08/2016
I had the transit in Narbonne before reaching Barcelona. The station there was small with only a few chairs for people to wait there. Value for money Convenience
- "Svetlana" Svetlana m. 09/08/2016
The travelled was good. Value for money Convenience