Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Zermatt - St Moritz: 08:06
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
Glacier Express. Great viaducts & alpine scenery from St Moritz to east and west part of the Swiss Alps.
The Glacier Express is a scenic train offering a panoramic trip through the Alps in Switzerland. From the eastern to western Swiss Alps the views are amazing. The Glacier Express travels through 91 tunnels, over 291 bridges and along 2 km on the Oberalp Pass (2,044 metre-high). Main stations on the route are Zermatt, Brig, Andermatt, Chur, Davos and St. Moritz. The Glacier Express operates all year round. However in winter there are less services.
Important: Eurail pass holders need an additional train ticket when travelling between Disentis and Zermatt as it is a private line. Pass holders are however entitled to a 25% discount.
|St Gallen||Geneva||03:54||€ 87|
|Arth Goldau||Basel||01:41||€ 42|
|Lausanne||St Gallen||03:30||€ 90|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Glacier Express tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The Chur railway station is one of the most important railway station of the Rhaetian Railway. Parts of the railway station have been recently renovated and the railway station offers modern facilities. The Glacier Express is one the many trains to call in at the Chur railway station.Reservations before travelling are mandatory.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Panoramic cars Large windows offering panoramic view of the stunning landscape. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
Zurich to bern to interlaken and including berlina, glacier and jungfraubahn express - value of swiss (...)Hi All, We are flying into Zurich in May 2017 and spending 2 days visitng before travelling to Bern for a day and then onto (...)
answered | Posted by Daniel B. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/06/2016
answered | Posted by Sunil K. | Comments 4 | Created: 06/06/2016
answered | Posted by RAHUL B. | Comments 1 | Created: 27/05/2016
answered | Posted by TUN T. | Comments 6 | Created: 26/04/2016
answered | Posted by Tze W. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Glacier Express
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
No reviews for this product yet