Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Save € 30 with code EUROPE1737 - book 3 months in advance
Save € 20 with code EUROPE1721 - book 2 months in advance
Save € 10 with code EUROPE1705 - book 1 month in advance
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Frecciabianca, long-distance trains serving all main cities like Rome, Milan, Venice, Genoa and more.
Frecciabianca trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciargento. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 200 km/h. They were previously known as Eurostar Italia. Frecciabianca are mostly refurbished trains serving all regions of Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciabianca tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Frecciabianca trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
- A. Also known as the red train, Thalys trains link Paris to the gems of Northern Europe: Brussels in 1 hour and 22 minutes, Amsterdam in 3 hours and 18 minutes, and Cologne in 3 hours and 14 minutes. On a seasonal basis (from the end of December till mid - April), Thalys Snow travels from Brussels Midi to the ski resorts in Chambéry, Albertville, Moutiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice, every Saturday without any stops.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. No. You have to buy your Eurail Select Pass before travelling to Europe. Eurail passes can be bought up to 11 months in advance of your travel date.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. All ICE trains convey a Bordbistro and/or a Bordrestaurant. Depending on the time of the day, you can choose from various breakfast menus to suit any taste or main dishes from the "à la carte" menu. In addition to the standard dishes, the menu often features German and European regional specialties freshly prepared. The Bordbistro serves snacks and a wide selection of beverages which you can enjoy there or take back to your seat. In 1st Class coaches a selection of beverages and meals from the menus can be served at your seat on request. Snacks and beverages are also available at your seat in 2nd Class on ICE trains.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
answered | Posted by Devender S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016
answered | Posted by Neo | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by Natalia G. | Comments 4 | Created: 04/10/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Italy trip" . 29/06/2015
We are a group of 6 persons. Bought a railpass going from Milan to Venice. The journey was comfotable and pleasant. The railpass was really of good money value. W loves and enjoyed this train journey.
- "*****" . 28/06/2015
- "Great way to travel." Ronald s. 27/06/2015
Wish I could have shared my unused tickets with friends, I bought tickets for four, and our daughter and son-in law could not travel after all. Some friends later decided to join us and I was unable to transfer the tickets. Otherwise, service was great! Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciabianca" Charles e. 26/06/2015
There were two trains going to Verona from Milan.. Be careful to look at the train number before boarding. Otherwise, good overall experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Great train trip" Lynda r. 26/06/2015
Enjoyed our trip from Venice to Milano. Comfortable seat. Good service. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable journey" Rajiv g. 23/06/2015
Journey was comfortable, nothing special. Value for money Convenience
- "In time" . 23/06/2015
Train was in time and spotless.
- "Good and comfortable " Rashmi k. 22/06/2015
Very comfortable and super fast trains. Easily accessible too. Value for money Convenience
- "Amazing." Janice h. 10/06/2015
Fantastic trip. Easy to book from New Zealand. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to see as much as possible of a country when on a limited time. Will do this again Value for money Convenience
- "Milan to Venice" Ashok m. 07/06/2015
We travelled from Milan to Venice and Venice to Milan by train. Both journeys were very comfortable and even though we travelled in economy class the compartments were clean, comfortable and quite spacious. There was adequate room for luggage and the broad windows allowed us to enjoy the scenario outside. The train was punctual both ways and allowed us to enjoy our holiday thoroughly. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice to Milano by rail" Ann k. 02/06/2015
Very nice, clean and comfy coach. Easy to access from station. Only trouble we had was getting our cases over the bridge in Venice but this has nothing to do with Euro train. Would definitely utilise again. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel from Veneizia to Milano" Ram Kumar b. 26/05/2015
The trip was one of the best we had during our Euro vacation. It was phenomenal and we just loved the entire experience,. The trains were well coordinated, well maintained and spacious. The support from every team of the train system was awesome and the entire staff was very friendly, especially given that we are English speaking. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and easy" . 22/05/2015
This train trip was great - Milan to Venice. No problem with booking and no problem with the train or service. Other parts of our train bookings on the Italy trip were not this smooth however!
- "The best train booking website" Suresh d. 18/05/2015
the best way to travel through out europe! Cost efficient, hassle free, convenient and comfortable. Kudos to raileurope.co.in Value for money Convenience
- "Great" Sook Yien Lynn l. 10/05/2015
Great punctuality and toilets were clean. Value for money Convenience