Italian trains: Frecciabianca
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Frecciabianca, long-distance trains serving all main cities like Rome, Milan, Venice, Genoa and more.
Frecciabianca trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciargento. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 200 km/h. They were previously known as Eurostar Italia. Frecciabianca are mostly refurbished trains serving all regions of Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciabianca tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Frecciabianca trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker. We have information about luggage storage on our train station information pages.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. The prices of accommodations on an overnight train are dependent on a few factors: 1. The expense of the ticket 2. The type of train you will be traveling on 3. The type of compartment you wish to sleep in Similar to Day trains there are different levels of overnight trains. Typically, during the day, high-speed premier trains are more expensive then local services that travel at a slower speed, and offer fewer services on-board. For night trains longer International journeys are more expensive as they tend to be nicer trains, offering the traveler more services.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. Italo offers different classes of service. Rail Europe offers 3 classes of service for Italo: the Smart class, the Club class and the Prima class. The Smart class is the equivalent of second class, where passengers have the following services: 2 dedicated stewards/hostesses and comfortable seats. The Prima class is the equivalent of first class, where passengers have the following services: A dedicated steward/hostess, welcome drink and snacks, daily newspapers, complimentary expresso and large reclining seats. A supplement is needed for catering service in Prima class. The Club class has the same services as the Prima class plus video screens and access to business lounge.
- A. There are two options: Option 1 You can select a Single compartment for 1 of the passengers and select a Double compartment for the 2 remaining passengers. Option 2 You can select 3 Single compartments, each will need to be requested on the website separately having 1 passenger on each reservation.
- A. No, there are no student discounts. Discounts are offered to youth travelers instead. A youth traveler is any traveler who is 25 years of age or younger.
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
answered | Posted by Devender S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016
answered | Posted by Neo | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by Natalia G. | Comments 4 | Created: 04/10/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Italy trip" . 29/06/2015
We are a group of 6 persons. Bought a railpass going from Milan to Venice. The journey was comfotable and pleasant. The railpass was really of good money value. W loves and enjoyed this train journey.
- "*****" . 28/06/2015
- "Great way to travel." Ronald s. 27/06/2015
Wish I could have shared my unused tickets with friends, I bought tickets for four, and our daughter and son-in law could not travel after all. Some friends later decided to join us and I was unable to transfer the tickets. Otherwise, service was great! Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciabianca" Charles e. 26/06/2015
There were two trains going to Verona from Milan.. Be careful to look at the train number before boarding. Otherwise, good overall experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Great train trip" Lynda r. 26/06/2015
Enjoyed our trip from Venice to Milano. Comfortable seat. Good service. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable journey" Rajiv g. 23/06/2015
Journey was comfortable, nothing special. Value for money Convenience
- "In time" . 23/06/2015
Train was in time and spotless.
- "Good and comfortable " Rashmi k. 22/06/2015
Very comfortable and super fast trains. Easily accessible too. Value for money Convenience
- "Amazing." Janice h. 10/06/2015
Fantastic trip. Easy to book from New Zealand. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to see as much as possible of a country when on a limited time. Will do this again Value for money Convenience
- "Milan to Venice" Ashok m. 07/06/2015
We travelled from Milan to Venice and Venice to Milan by train. Both journeys were very comfortable and even though we travelled in economy class the compartments were clean, comfortable and quite spacious. There was adequate room for luggage and the broad windows allowed us to enjoy the scenario outside. The train was punctual both ways and allowed us to enjoy our holiday thoroughly. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice to Milano by rail" Ann k. 02/06/2015
Very nice, clean and comfy coach. Easy to access from station. Only trouble we had was getting our cases over the bridge in Venice but this has nothing to do with Euro train. Would definitely utilise again. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel from Veneizia to Milano" Ram Kumar b. 26/05/2015
The trip was one of the best we had during our Euro vacation. It was phenomenal and we just loved the entire experience,. The trains were well coordinated, well maintained and spacious. The support from every team of the train system was awesome and the entire staff was very friendly, especially given that we are English speaking. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and easy" . 22/05/2015
This train trip was great - Milan to Venice. No problem with booking and no problem with the train or service. Other parts of our train bookings on the Italy trip were not this smooth however!
- "The best train booking website" Suresh d. 18/05/2015
the best way to travel through out europe! Cost efficient, hassle free, convenient and comfortable. Kudos to raileurope.co.in Value for money Convenience
- "Great" Sook Yien Lynn l. 10/05/2015
Great punctuality and toilets were clean. Value for money Convenience