Italian trains: Frecciabianca
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Frecciabianca, long-distance trains serving all main cities like Rome, Milan, Venice, Genoa and more.
Frecciabianca trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciargento. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 200 km/h. They were previously known as Eurostar Italia. Frecciabianca are mostly refurbished trains serving all regions of Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciabianca tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Frecciabianca trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. First class on the TGV France-Italy offers large, comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV France-Italy offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A.Refund policies for tickets will vary depending on the type of train and fare that are booked. Please check the "details" tab of each fare to obtain specific refund information for the fare you are purchasing.If you have already purchased your tickets, please review the terms and conditions that came with your documents. Except for PayPal, for which the amount can be reimbursed automatically on the PayPal account. For all the other payment services, a BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be sent to receive the reimbursement of your purchase.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. Yes. If you’re on Turista class, you could buy some nice snacks and beverages to a bar buffet car. On Ave First class, a catering service will deliver you some meal and beverages directly to your seat. You could also get access to an A la Carte service at seat and even a bar service.
- A. Yes all high-speed trains require reservations. Some 1st class trains include meal service in the price of your ticket.
- A. Most cites with airports are easily accessible by public transportation (Train, Bus, Subway or Taxi). The following airports listed have access to the downtown train stations: Amsterdam Schiphol, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin Schoenefeld, Birmingham, Brussels National, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dresden, Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva-Cointrin, Glasgow, Graz, Hannover, Krakow, Leipzig, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Stanstead, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Munich, Milan Malpensa, Newcastle, Nice, Nuremberg, Oslo, Palermo, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Pisa, Porto, Rome Fiumicino, Southampton, Stockholm, Stuttgart , Torino, Tronheim, Valencia, Vienna , and Zurich.
- A. Yes. If you have a twin pass to travel in Germany, you need two German Rail Pass Extensions.
- A. Italo trains offer high speed train services connecting the major cities of Italy such as Milano, Bologna, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, Venezia, Torino and Padova. There are several daily connections between the main cities which are served by Italo. There are several daily connections between Milan and Roma and the number of connections will increase in the following years.
answered | Posted by Devender S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016
answered | Posted by Neo | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by Natalia G. | Comments 4 | Created: 04/10/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Italy trip" . 29/06/2015
We are a group of 6 persons. Bought a railpass going from Milan to Venice. The journey was comfotable and pleasant. The railpass was really of good money value. W loves and enjoyed this train journey.
- "*****" . 28/06/2015
- "Great way to travel." Ronald s. 27/06/2015
Wish I could have shared my unused tickets with friends, I bought tickets for four, and our daughter and son-in law could not travel after all. Some friends later decided to join us and I was unable to transfer the tickets. Otherwise, service was great! Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciabianca" Charles e. 26/06/2015
There were two trains going to Verona from Milan.. Be careful to look at the train number before boarding. Otherwise, good overall experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Great train trip" Lynda r. 26/06/2015
Enjoyed our trip from Venice to Milano. Comfortable seat. Good service. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable journey" Rajiv g. 23/06/2015
Journey was comfortable, nothing special. Value for money Convenience
- "In time" . 23/06/2015
Train was in time and spotless.
- "Good and comfortable " Rashmi k. 22/06/2015
Very comfortable and super fast trains. Easily accessible too. Value for money Convenience
- "Amazing." Janice h. 10/06/2015
Fantastic trip. Easy to book from New Zealand. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to see as much as possible of a country when on a limited time. Will do this again Value for money Convenience
- "Milan to Venice" Ashok m. 07/06/2015
We travelled from Milan to Venice and Venice to Milan by train. Both journeys were very comfortable and even though we travelled in economy class the compartments were clean, comfortable and quite spacious. There was adequate room for luggage and the broad windows allowed us to enjoy the scenario outside. The train was punctual both ways and allowed us to enjoy our holiday thoroughly. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice to Milano by rail" Ann k. 02/06/2015
Very nice, clean and comfy coach. Easy to access from station. Only trouble we had was getting our cases over the bridge in Venice but this has nothing to do with Euro train. Would definitely utilise again. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel from Veneizia to Milano" Ram Kumar b. 26/05/2015
The trip was one of the best we had during our Euro vacation. It was phenomenal and we just loved the entire experience,. The trains were well coordinated, well maintained and spacious. The support from every team of the train system was awesome and the entire staff was very friendly, especially given that we are English speaking. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and easy" . 22/05/2015
This train trip was great - Milan to Venice. No problem with booking and no problem with the train or service. Other parts of our train bookings on the Italy trip were not this smooth however!
- "The best train booking website" Suresh d. 18/05/2015
the best way to travel through out europe! Cost efficient, hassle free, convenient and comfortable. Kudos to raileurope.co.in Value for money Convenience
- "Great" Sook Yien Lynn l. 10/05/2015
Great punctuality and toilets were clean. Value for money Convenience