Italian trains: Frecciabianca
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Frecciabianca, long-distance trains serving all main cities like Rome, Milan, Venice, Genoa and more.
Frecciabianca trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciargento. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 200 km/h. They were previously known as Eurostar Italia. Frecciabianca are mostly refurbished trains serving all regions of Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciabianca tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Frecciabianca trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. All 1 st class passes are valid for travel in all sleeper accommodations. If you have a 2 nd class pass, you are able to travel in T3 compartments and couchettes. Some T4 compartments are offered in 1 st and 2 nd class. Please be sure to check the details of the fare for the train you wish to travel on to determine what class the T4 is offered in.
- A. Yes. If you’re on Turista class, you could buy some nice snacks and beverages to a bar buffet car. On Ave First class, a catering service will deliver you some meal and beverages directly to your seat. You could also get access to an A la Carte service at seat and even a bar service.
- A. Simply enter 1 passenger on the request page. The results page will display 1-3 passenger rooms depending on what is available. When booking a room that has more than one bed, the compartment is shared.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
- A. Thalys trains offer two classes of travel: 1st class with Comfort 1 and 2nd class with Comfort 2. In Comfort 1, reclining seats will offer you a high level of comfort. Sockets for laptop or mobile phone are also available on some carriages as well as free newspapers on major routes. Wi-Fi is free in Thalys Comfort 1 and in 2nd class with flexible tickets. In 2nd class (Comfort 2), you will get access to a bar-buffet car offering food and refreshments for purchase. Wi-Fi is available at an additional cost in second class for more restrictive tickets.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Some passes may be purchased in Europe at a higher cost. It is best to place your order before you departure to ensure that you have your paper documents in hand.
- A. Your Eurail Italy pass must be validated at a ticket window at a larger train station in Italy only. A railway official will fill in the first and last day of validity and your passport number, and will stamp your Eurail Italy pass, so that it is valid for travel.
answered | Posted by Devender S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016
answered | Posted by Neo | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by Natalia G. | Comments 4 | Created: 04/10/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciabianca
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Italy trip" . 29/06/2015
We are a group of 6 persons. Bought a railpass going from Milan to Venice. The journey was comfotable and pleasant. The railpass was really of good money value. W loves and enjoyed this train journey.
- "*****" . 28/06/2015
- "Great way to travel." Ronald s. 27/06/2015
Wish I could have shared my unused tickets with friends, I bought tickets for four, and our daughter and son-in law could not travel after all. Some friends later decided to join us and I was unable to transfer the tickets. Otherwise, service was great! Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciabianca" Charles e. 26/06/2015
There were two trains going to Verona from Milan.. Be careful to look at the train number before boarding. Otherwise, good overall experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Great train trip" Lynda r. 26/06/2015
Enjoyed our trip from Venice to Milano. Comfortable seat. Good service. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable journey" Rajiv g. 23/06/2015
Journey was comfortable, nothing special. Value for money Convenience
- "In time" . 23/06/2015
Train was in time and spotless.
- "Good and comfortable " Rashmi k. 22/06/2015
Very comfortable and super fast trains. Easily accessible too. Value for money Convenience
- "Amazing." Janice h. 10/06/2015
Fantastic trip. Easy to book from New Zealand. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to see as much as possible of a country when on a limited time. Will do this again Value for money Convenience
- "Milan to Venice" Ashok m. 07/06/2015
We travelled from Milan to Venice and Venice to Milan by train. Both journeys were very comfortable and even though we travelled in economy class the compartments were clean, comfortable and quite spacious. There was adequate room for luggage and the broad windows allowed us to enjoy the scenario outside. The train was punctual both ways and allowed us to enjoy our holiday thoroughly. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice to Milano by rail" Ann k. 02/06/2015
Very nice, clean and comfy coach. Easy to access from station. Only trouble we had was getting our cases over the bridge in Venice but this has nothing to do with Euro train. Would definitely utilise again. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel from Veneizia to Milano" Ram Kumar b. 26/05/2015
The trip was one of the best we had during our Euro vacation. It was phenomenal and we just loved the entire experience,. The trains were well coordinated, well maintained and spacious. The support from every team of the train system was awesome and the entire staff was very friendly, especially given that we are English speaking. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and easy" . 22/05/2015
This train trip was great - Milan to Venice. No problem with booking and no problem with the train or service. Other parts of our train bookings on the Italy trip were not this smooth however!
- "The best train booking website" Suresh d. 18/05/2015
the best way to travel through out europe! Cost efficient, hassle free, convenient and comfortable. Kudos to raileurope.co.in Value for money Convenience
- "Great" Sook Yien Lynn l. 10/05/2015
Great punctuality and toilets were clean. Value for money Convenience