Italian trains: Frecciargento
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Frecciargento trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 250 km/h. They operate on both high speed and classic lines. Frecciargento are modern trains offering comfort and quality to travellers in Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||€ 81|
|Villa S Giovanni||Rome||04:54||€ 81|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Frecciargento trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. The standard of amount of luggage is 2 large items per person. Trains have either overhead storage racks throughout the car, storage room behind the back of your seat or luggage areas at the end of the car. There is no porter service available and all passengers are responsible for putting their own luggage on the train. Note: Luggage kept by the passenger and placed in the luggage racks remains under the sole responsibility of the traveler. The railroads assume no responsibility in case of loss, damage, or theft.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
Q. How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan if there has been loss or theft ?A. Pass/ticket holders must file a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident. Pass/ticket holders may purchase a replacement rail pass or rail tickets in order to continue with his/her travel plans. Upon return to your country, pass/tickets holder must submit a request to Rail Europe within thirty (30) days including a police report, replacement passes or tickets purchased abroad, airline tickets to/from Europe. A brief explanation of the situation is also necessary to better evaluate the traveler request form.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times are you like between countries that are on your pass.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. Timetables for European Train schedules can be difficult to read and determine what the trains are running. For fast and easy schedule results view our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules page to view each route.
- A. Italo trains offer high speed train services connecting the major cities of Italy such as Milano, Bologna, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, Venezia, Torino and Padova. There are several daily connections between the main cities which are served by Italo. There are several daily connections between Milan and Roma and the number of connections will increase in the following years.
- A. You can get free (or cheap) boat trips, discounts on rail travel, free admission in museums, a 50% discount on mountain top excursions and more. You can obtain these benefits locally by showing your Swiss pass, or you can contact the specific benefit company in advance. The discount benefits apply during the validity of your Swiss pass, whereas free passage on trains, buses or ferries is only valid on travel days.
- A. To find them you only need to fill in the booking form. This is located on the home page or in the Train Tickets section. Provide us with the cities you would like to travel between and your travel date. A selection of schedules will be displayed. Select later train to see more schedules.
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
answered | Posted by Yshai S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/07/2016
answered | Posted by SYED N. | Comments 6 | Created: 24/05/2016
answered | Posted by Anita S. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Quick " Marian d. 28/09/2016
Trains run regularly so it is easy to find a time to suit you. Comfortable seating for a 2 hour ride between Venice and Florence. Far better than driving! Value for money Convenience
- "Needs improvement" Yee Peng k. 21/09/2016
We realize the security of train is not good, anyone can just move others luggage out in between stops. I have also noticed few people encounter this security issue and they have to personally stand near the luggage storage to make sure their luggage has been stolen. Some improvement needs to be done, to make passengers feel safe. Toilet is faulty and dirty, need improvement too. Value for money Convenience
- "Train padova rome" Dilbahar a. 21/09/2016
nice and quiet journey after some standig around due to some chaos caused by a big group of travellers. Arrival in time Value for money Convenience
- "Roma - Bologna" Colin s. 20/09/2016
Train was clean. The only thing that was a problem was a lack of storage areas for bags / luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice!" Ceshulla r. 08/09/2016
I will definitely book my next trip with you guys ;) Value for money Convenience
- "happy and enjoy" Loke k. 07/09/2016
Comfort trains Value for money
- "Ease of use" Peter b. 29/08/2016
Was great trip. Enjoyed by all Value for money Convenience
- "Traveling" Martin w. 22/08/2016
Was fun Value for money Convenience
- "Ear Popping Fast Train to Rome" Isabel p. 21/08/2016
We booked our tickets early and so got a great deal. The train was on time and was comfortable. There were tiny luggage racks between seats every 10 seats or so, where we were able to store our luggage and keep an eye on them. We had a great view of the Italian countryside. The only discomfort we experienced was with the tunnels where our ears would pop! Otherwise, it was completely worth it and I would strongly recommend it! Value for money Convenience
- "WIFI " Nurit a. 13/08/2016
Tere was no WIFI NOT MUCH PLACE FOR LEGS Value for money Convenience
- "Train, a nice way to travel" Melanie a. 12/08/2016
We did feel a little disappointed that we got the window with the view obstructing pillar. We booked train travel to be able to see the countryside. Is there a way to avoid these seats when booking? If not there should be. Value for money Convenience
- "Memorable journey in Italy" Rizal j. 05/08/2016
Thanks to RAILEUROPE in assisting our needs during planning for the trip. Also for Italian train network, it help us capturing great moments in a beautiful Italy :) Sincerely, Rizal Value for money Convenience
- "Good ride" Deepak Kumar t. 05/08/2016
At the time of booking, the website showed that meal was included in the ticket price, but it was not. Meal was available on payment. Thus, incorrect information are being provided by Eu-rail at the time of booking. The same may be corrected. Value for money Convenience
- "toilet" Eileen h. 28/07/2016
keep it clean Value for money Convenience
- "First time Train Ride" Yong Chin c. 24/07/2016
We are first time taking this train ride. The train ride is smooth with scenery along the way. There was light refreshment served as well as on purchase. Compare to taking flight, more convenience in term of checking in time, security check and terminal located at Central of the city. Value for money Convenience