Italian trains: Frecciargento
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Frecciargento trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 250 km/h. They operate on both high speed and classic lines. Frecciargento are modern trains offering comfort and quality to travellers in Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||€ 81|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Frecciargento trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. The AVE offers 2 first class options they are called Club class and Preferente class. Club class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. This class of service offers tables for each seat. Preferente class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. Tourist class (2nd Class) on the AVE offers generous legroom, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. To find them you only need to fill in the booking form. This is located on the home page or in the Train Tickets section. Provide us with the cities you would like to travel between and your travel date. A selection of schedules will be displayed. Select later train to see more schedules.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
- A. Like most high-speed trains in Europe, you need to make a booking when travelling with Thalys. Passholders with passes covering the whole Thalys route (Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass including France, Benelux or Germany, depending on the route, Eurail and Benelux-France) benefit from special Passholder fares. Just bear in mind that some passes covering partially the Thalys sector like France Rail Pass but also Eurail passes including Benelux-France / France-Germany / France-Italy / France-Spain / France-Switzerland / Benelux also offer special Passholder deals. German Rail Pass is not valid on Thalys routes to Germany.
Q. Would I qualify for a railpass if I have a European passport, but am a permanent resident of another country?A. We are not able to sell rail passes or tickets to residents of Europe, the UK, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you are a resident of these countries, we will not be able to sell you one of our passes. If you are a citizen of any of these countries, but are a resident of another country, we are able to sell the rail pass or tickets to you. Passes are based on residency not citizenship, and the country of your residence will be printed on the rail pass.
answered | Posted by Ebrahim A. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
answered | Posted by Yshai S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/07/2016
answered | Posted by SYED N. | Comments 6 | Created: 24/05/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Best way to travel " Lynn b. 12/11/2016
Traveliing by Italian trains is fantastic....the trains are fast, well presented, station directions easy to understand. A very comfortable way to travel. Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciarossa" Seong Onn c. 31/10/2016
It will be great if the platform can be advised a bit earlier rather than just a couple of minutes before the train departs. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth journey" Archi Mohan s. 27/10/2016
Smooth journey to the destination.. Value for money Convenience
- "Tour by Trenitalia" Sudtheera c. 19/10/2016
I really like travel by Train, but On Sunday, they don't have train at 05.30 am. from Venezia To Roma as I have to be in Rome Airport before 10.00 am. Please consider. Value for money Convenience
- "good trip" . 17/10/2016
- "Let’s go by Tranitalia" Sudtheera c. 17/10/2016
The train was on time, safe. You can go anywhere you want. Start from the Airport, downtown and to country side. Salute!!!! Value for money Convenience
- "Train travel in Italy " Susan r. 17/10/2016
I always enjoy train travel in Italy. I find the trains are punctual, comfortable, and good value. Value for money Convenience
- "train " . 09/10/2016
at the time of train...the platform number anouncement is late...just few minutes few train time..so please correct it
- "trip to firenze was exelent" . 09/10/2016
we enjoy the train very much/ only wi fi was too complecate to use
- "Quick " Marian d. 28/09/2016
Trains run regularly so it is easy to find a time to suit you. Comfortable seating for a 2 hour ride between Venice and Florence. Far better than driving! Value for money Convenience
- "Needs improvement" Yee Peng k. 21/09/2016
We realize the security of train is not good, anyone can just move others luggage out in between stops. I have also noticed few people encounter this security issue and they have to personally stand near the luggage storage to make sure their luggage has been stolen. Some improvement needs to be done, to make passengers feel safe. Toilet is faulty and dirty, need improvement too. Value for money Convenience
- "Train padova rome" Dilbahar a. 21/09/2016
nice and quiet journey after some standig around due to some chaos caused by a big group of travellers. Arrival in time Value for money Convenience
- "Roma - Bologna" Colin s. 20/09/2016
Train was clean. The only thing that was a problem was a lack of storage areas for bags / luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice!" Ceshulla r. 08/09/2016
I will definitely book my next trip with you guys ;) Value for money Convenience
- "happy and enjoy" Loke k. 07/09/2016
Comfort trains Value for money