Italian trains: Frecciargento
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Frecciargento trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 250 km/h. They operate on both high speed and classic lines. Frecciargento are modern trains offering comfort and quality to travellers in Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||€ 81|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Frecciargento trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. The BritRail Family Pass allows one child between the ages of 5 and 15 to travel free with an adult or senior BritRail Pass holder.
Q. Do I need more than a German Rail Pass extension to travel to Prague and then to another city if I have a 4 day in a month German Rail Pass?A. No. Only one extension is need. You can travel wherever and as many times as you want during the 4 days within 1 month in relation with your rail pass.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. Austria, Benelux (includes Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia/Slovenia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. All ICE trains convey a Bordbistro and/or a Bordrestaurant. Depending on the time of the day, you can choose from various breakfast menus to suit any taste or main dishes from the "à la carte" menu. In addition to the standard dishes, the menu often features German and European regional specialties freshly prepared. The Bordbistro serves snacks and a wide selection of beverages which you can enjoy there or take back to your seat. In 1st Class coaches a selection of beverages and meals from the menus can be served at your seat on request. Snacks and beverages are also available at your seat in 2nd Class on ICE trains.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
- A. The Eurail Italy Pass is the best choice if you want to spend your time exploring Italy. Eurail Italy pass is valid for one month, and the number of travel days available varies from 3 to 10 days.
- A. You can travel in first or second class. It depends on the classes of services which correspond to your German Rail Pass. In the ExpressBus to/from Munich to Prague, only 2nd class is available.
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
answered | Posted by Yshai S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/07/2016
answered | Posted by SYED N. | Comments 6 | Created: 24/05/2016
answered | Posted by Anita S. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Tour by Trenitalia" Sudtheera c. 19/10/2016
I really like travel by Train, but On Sunday, they don't have train at 05.30 am. from Venezia To Roma as I have to be in Rome Airport before 10.00 am. Please consider. Value for money Convenience
- "good trip" . 17/10/2016
- "Let’s go by Tranitalia" Sudtheera c. 17/10/2016
The train was on time, safe. You can go anywhere you want. Start from the Airport, downtown and to country side. Salute!!!! Value for money Convenience
- "Train travel in Italy " Susan r. 17/10/2016
I always enjoy train travel in Italy. I find the trains are punctual, comfortable, and good value. Value for money Convenience
- "train " . 09/10/2016
at the time of train...the platform number anouncement is late...just few minutes few train time..so please correct it
- "trip to firenze was exelent" . 09/10/2016
we enjoy the train very much/ only wi fi was too complecate to use
- "Quick " Marian d. 28/09/2016
Trains run regularly so it is easy to find a time to suit you. Comfortable seating for a 2 hour ride between Venice and Florence. Far better than driving! Value for money Convenience
- "Needs improvement" Yee Peng k. 21/09/2016
We realize the security of train is not good, anyone can just move others luggage out in between stops. I have also noticed few people encounter this security issue and they have to personally stand near the luggage storage to make sure their luggage has been stolen. Some improvement needs to be done, to make passengers feel safe. Toilet is faulty and dirty, need improvement too. Value for money Convenience
- "Train padova rome" Dilbahar a. 21/09/2016
nice and quiet journey after some standig around due to some chaos caused by a big group of travellers. Arrival in time Value for money Convenience
- "Roma - Bologna" Colin s. 20/09/2016
Train was clean. The only thing that was a problem was a lack of storage areas for bags / luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice!" Ceshulla r. 08/09/2016
I will definitely book my next trip with you guys ;) Value for money Convenience
- "happy and enjoy" Loke k. 07/09/2016
Comfort trains Value for money
- "Ease of use" Peter b. 29/08/2016
Was great trip. Enjoyed by all Value for money Convenience
- "Traveling" Martin w. 22/08/2016
Was fun Value for money Convenience
- "Ear Popping Fast Train to Rome" Isabel p. 21/08/2016
We booked our tickets early and so got a great deal. The train was on time and was comfortable. There were tiny luggage racks between seats every 10 seats or so, where we were able to store our luggage and keep an eye on them. We had a great view of the Italian countryside. The only discomfort we experienced was with the tunnels where our ears would pop! Otherwise, it was completely worth it and I would strongly recommend it! Value for money Convenience