Italian trains: FrecciarossaItaly : Trenitalia
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Reggio Emilia||Rome||02:53||€ 59|
|Milan||Reggio Emilia||01:25||€ 27|
|Rimini It||Milan||02:26||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "Nice trip" Richard t. 05/12/2016
Frecciarossa was great, with excellent service. Only average value for money though because we still paid a lot for the reservation, whereas in Switzerland all travel is free with Eurail. Value for money Convenience
- "fine" . 29/11/2016
train is very comfortable,not so expensive,and very convenience,especially changing train is very single.and the view that the train passed by is very beautiflu.
- "First time taking train" Ting-ting w. 22/11/2016
Wonderful Value for money Convenience
- "train experience" Lin c. 19/11/2016
the train schedule is on time, cabin is clean and destination information is very clear, it make me relieved Value for money Convenience
- "This is train is an experience" Jeannette c. 19/11/2016
Love it. Quick, comfortable, nice! Value for money Convenience
- "I highly recommend ..." Jude m. 16/11/2016
Our trip was very comfortable, easy to access and most importantly, on time and prompt. The staff and the processes at the train station were smooth and efficient. I would travel throughout Italy in any other way except through the Frecciarossa. What a pleasant journey and a memorable experience. Well done Rail Europe! Value for money Convenience
- "My trip" . 14/11/2016
I found my trip to be very relaxing on both destinations.I would certainly take this train to travel again.
- "Fast and comfortable journey" Pauline s. 13/11/2016
Very easy to book on-line. Train on time. Comfortable allocated seating with table. Buffet service with choice of snacks. Would definitely use again. Value for money Convenience
- "From Rome to Venice" Irina t. 09/11/2016
Everething was excellent in business class Value for money Convenience
- "Freccia the best" . 09/11/2016
Always to enjoy the fast train. There is nothing more to say Value for money Convenience
- "Assisi to Florence" Elisa m. 03/11/2016
Good, comfortable trip and we're lucky we got the whole cabin to ourselves. Train was on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy " Heather b. 01/11/2016
What a great service - easy to find the correct platform, carriage Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and convenient" Heather b. 01/11/2016
My husband and I found our train trip from Florence to Venice to be comfortable and convenient. Even though we are English speakers we found it easy to navigate our way to the correct platform, carriage Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciarossa" Seong Onn c. 31/10/2016
It would be convenient if there are more luggage space for heavier and bigger luggage that cannot or difficult to be put into rack above the seats or under the space behind the seats especially for passengers who join the train midway because by then most of the space are taken up. Value for money Convenience
- "Your train lovely" Moshe g. 28/10/2016
The trip in your train was great/ there was a little dilay/ the train was fast and very comfortable/ We had the tickets from the internet and it is very good to go directly to the coach. Thank you Value for money Convenience