Italian trains: FrecciarossaItaly : Trenitalia
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Reggio Emilia||Rome||02:53||€ 59|
|Milan||Reggio Emilia||01:25||€ 27|
|Rimini It||Milan||02:26||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "Fabulous Roma to Firenze" Hans Peter m. 02/05/2016
This train trip was fantastic. I would chose this train rather than a flight to Firenze .The seating was comfortable and we were offered refreshments during our journey. If I was to be very fussy, as I was travelling first class and had two heavy suitcases, it would have been great if there could have been some assistance with the bags. Anyway, it was still a wonderful way to get to Florence and see some of the countryside as well. Value for money Convenience
- "Florence" . 02/05/2016
Hi- I actually wasn't able to go to Florence with this ticket. There was a family emergency in Iran and I had to go there instead. I couldn't refund the ticket because I don't speak Italian and had a very hard time on the phone, but I've traveled Rail Europe before and it's the best!!! sorry.
- "Roma to florence " Kok Toong l. 01/05/2016
Train was delayed for half an hour . Seats are not able to recline though they are still comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable travel " Jyothi k. 29/04/2016
Had a comfortable journey and had no problems. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable train" Jyothi k. 29/04/2016
Had a pleasant journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice to Rome in Comfort" Richard w. 29/04/2016
Excellent trip by rail from Venice to Rome with Rail Europe. Very comfortable in second class. Carriages and toilets spotless. Plenty of baggage space. Only negative - no lounge space at Venice Station - we arrived two hours early and could not find any seating Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciarossa" Suzelina m. 19/04/2016
We purchased our tickets online, not knowing we had been assigned the 'silent zone'. It was rather difficult for us with two teenagers as were excited about the new experiences and scenes we came across. I suggest the company clearly indicate zones for online purchases. Apart from that, we thoroughly enjoyed the train ride. Value for money Convenience
- "awesome experience " Sharlene Marcia c. 18/04/2016
I was happy with my train trip. It was our first time on a high speed train. There is nothing to complain about. I would definately book my train trips on rail europe again. Value for money Convenience
- "It was wonderful trip.." Mohamed m. 16/04/2016
All the seats are comfortable. . The train arrive on time.. Value for money Convenience
- "my first time in fast train" Nada s. 15/04/2016
Everything was perfect... I just thought maybe that in that price may be included even only one thing with the choice, like water, or coffee, or some snack... Otherwise can`t wait to use frecciarossa again...:) Value for money Convenience
- "Florence to Venice" . 06/04/2016
Excellent. Comfortable trains and on time. A little bit expensive for a relatively short trip in my opinion.
- "Excellent Train Service" Sandra Eugenie l. 05/04/2016
We loved the train service on the Italian rail line. It was easy to book, the train car was very comfortable, the train was on time and the service was excellent. Value for money Convenience
- "clean cabin and good service" Yeh-cheng t. 04/04/2016
as title. also good service in bistro car. Value for money Convenience
- "value for money" Rosemarie a. 29/03/2016
wish the bedding was cleaner and more comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "TRAVEL" Syed a. 26/03/2016
Wonderful trip from Ferenze to Milan Value for money Convenience