Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Find a Train Ticket
- Venice - Milan: 02:15
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (705)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Rome||La Spezia||03:13||€ 54|
|Milan||La Spezia||03:08||€ 35|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
answered | Posted by Allison L. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/01/2015
answered | Posted by Jiratha T. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/01/2015
answered | Posted by wida t. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/01/2015
Hello, i intend to travel from venice - milian - paris - london - newcastle. can anybody guide me on the route as well as the (...)i plan to travel in month of june 2015. hope i can get response fast so as to facilitate the booking of (...)
answered | Posted by Fong m. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/01/2015
answered | Posted by Yelena N. | Comments 1 | Created: 15/01/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
Easy to book online! Comfortable train! Excellent information onboard! Excellent experience from booking to destination! Value for money Convenience
"Good journey "Akihiro k. 13/01/2015
Everything was good. I felt so comfortable. Value for money Convenience
"Day trip to Verona"Zaidi Bin m. 12/01/2015
Like Train was clean. Train depart on time. Dislike Pre-booking (via internet) of seat for 3 year old child is not allowed. Internet connection on train does not work for travellers that do not have a valid local authentication information. Value for money Convenience
"Smooth and comfortable "Jia Zhong l. 12/01/2015
Printed out boarding tickets prior to travel. Journey was smooth and comfortable. On board food was good. Recommended for anyone looking to travel similar to my itinerary. Value for money Convenience
"Good but no value for money"Nitin m. 11/01/2015
Train was clean and on time. Service provided inside train was basic. Just 2 drinks and 1 pack cookies. In business class seat was not that much comfortable or reclined. No wifi at all. Staff inside train was very good. Value for money Convenience
"Love taking train in Italy"Esther w. 10/01/2015
Love to take train from Venice to Verona. The seats are nice and comfortable, appreciate if there is more space for the big luggage Value for money Convenience
"remember to book early"Tim Hoe l. 10/01/2015
We were lucky to have booked early online despite the fact that total booking fee of Euro 11 was charged. If we didn't book Value for money Convenience
"Comfortable long distance ride"Anne c. 10/01/2015
Convenient service for a long distance journey. Overall comfortable ride.One cabin was devoted to the food and beverage area which is very nice. feels like you are sitting in a small café. Baggage space were somehow limited for large roller suitcases. The train company should design the trains with more baggage storage area. Value for money Convenience
"Milan trip from venice "Kean Kee y. 09/01/2015
We were travel with 14 month baby from venice to milan by rail europe. We mostly not happy was there was no lift or escalator available from each level to another. Imagine we are travel with 3 big luggage , stroller and baby. The hygiene in the train should improve for ex we are in 1st class coach the table for the seat are not clean. Value for money Convenience
"Wow Journy with Raileurope "Mohammed z. 04/01/2015
Our journey from Rome to Venice and Milano was excellent we never forget our trip with Raileurope its comfortable, luxurious and tiring free journey. Value for money Convenience
Free wifi should be provided and access easily Value for money Convenience
"One of the smoothest ride ever"Raja Gopal g. 24/12/2014
Love the silent moving train because not only can I enjoy the scenery, I can also read in peace! Value for money Convenience
"Milan to Florence"Thuang Boon g. 24/12/2014
Tickets were booked abt 2mths early at a good price. No schedule change allowed is the only restriction. Arrived at the train station abt 2.5hrs early so I have to wait for my train although there were 2 trains departed to Florence before mine. The cabin was comfortable and overall very happy taking train instead of driving. Perhaps more english newspaper could be available on board. Value for money Convenience
"Busy Terminal"Daniel f. 22/12/2014
Be extra careful at the terminal. Many people will approach you to help but they expect TIPS. Value for money Convenience
"No seats"Robyn k. 18/12/2014
The train that I was on had additional passengers because there was a train that was cancelled, this is what I was told. I then had to stand for the majority of the train journey as there were other people allocated to my seats. There were numerous people that had to stand as well. Otherwise the journey was pleasent. Value for money Convenience