Italian trains: FrecciarossaItaly : Trenitalia
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Rome||Reggio Emilia||02:54||€ 59|
|Rimini It||Milan||02:26||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "Beautiful" Phindile Beverley n. 24/08/2016
For a first timer on the fast train, what a breeze. Wonderful experience Value for money Convenience
- "Napoli Central and train" João Paulo Silva r. 23/08/2016
This train was 1 hour delayed. It happens. The information was in the panel. Napoli Central Station have too many people asking money and just walking around. Security should be better, more pro active. Value for money Convenience
- "very good service" Sherif m. 22/08/2016
Booking online was easy, timing was accurate and the trip was comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "very good service" Sherif m. 21/08/2016
Booking online was easy, timing was accurate and trip was comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Very good service" Sherif m. 21/08/2016
Booking on line was easy, timing was accurate and the trip was comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Very comfortable " Samir y. 19/08/2016
We travelled on business class it was very comfortable,the timing also convenient and the staff were great. Value for money Convenience
- "excellent transportation" Charlotte Mae r. 16/08/2016
very nice, clean and comfortable on the Italian train. ( Frecciarossa ) The other train we took from Milan to Venice via Euro City 37 -first class was so dirty and sure is not first class at all Value for money Convenience
- "Viva Italia" Ranjit s. 16/08/2016
Train trip was excellent. Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoyed the trip" Charlotte Mae r. 15/08/2016
Nice and comfortable Value for money Convenience
- "Nice and Fast Ride!" Rabih a. 13/08/2016
The ride was comfy and fast! I recommend this facility for national transport in Itlay ... Value for money Convenience
- "This part great, rest awful!" Lylann b. 12/08/2016
We had a very nice ride from Florence to Milan! Train was new clean Value for money Convenience
- "Great journey" Catherine m. 11/08/2016
To start the journey, the baggage porter at Firenze SMN was terrific. Left us sitting in a bookshop/coffee shop to wait for the departure time while he looked after the baggage. Then collected us near departure time. Train arrived and departed as per schedule. Comfort and service was great. Value for money Convenience
- "First Leg of Trip to Pisa" Susan k. 06/08/2016
Very comfortable and definitely more convenient than flying. Train was clean, smooth and we didn't have far to travel to the station from our hotel. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable smooth trip" Terrie h. 05/08/2016
This train was very clean and comfortable. I appreciated the assistance with my suitcase and the spacious carriage. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice trip" David c. 04/08/2016
Good value, comfortable trip Value for money Convenience