Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Find a Train Ticket
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (705)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Reggio Emilia||Rome||02:53||€ 59|
|Rimini It||Milan||02:26||€ 50|
|Milan||Reggio Emilia||01:25||€ 27|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
answered | Posted by Hyejin I. | Comments 4 | Created: 26/08/2015
answered | Posted by Philip A. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/08/2015
answered | Posted by Daniella S. | Comments 2 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by MINA W. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/08/2015
answered | Posted by Sharon P. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/08/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
"Florence Trip". 20/08/2015
This is a comfortable trip, we booked economy buss class and was comfortably seated.
"No address for train"Ege e. 20/08/2015
It was very hard to find our train, since there was not a train that directly went to Firenze and there were two trains at 16.35. We tried to find the one which passes from Firenze and ended up in the wrong train. So in conclusion : There should me more information on the ticket ... Like the platform, or the terminal station... etc. However, an officer kindly changed our tickets and we had a very comfortable (and lucky) journey. Value for money Convenience
"GOOD TRIP"Kumaren p. 19/08/2015
The coach was comfortable with glass panels to provide privacy and quiet time during the trip. Train was clean,but bins were full of rubbish of previous passengers.These should be emptied at each stop. There is also not enough adequate storage area for tourists with luggage.It is not possible to lift up heavy wheelie bags and store them in the overhead shelf. Value for money Convenience
"Good Trip"Tomas Miguel t. 04/08/2015
With a little internet research, online booking was straightforward, directions at the train station was good, boarding was quick, the ride was comfortable, and the fare was very affordable. I won't think twice about taking Trenitalia again whn I'm in Italy. Value for money Convenience
"Satisfied Customer"Raphael o. 03/08/2015
Many thanks for your service very good about the service. Keep up the good job. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent"Connie j. 22/06/2015
Train was very clean, spacious, comfortable and on time. Staff spoke English. Drinks were offered for no fee. Excellent trip. Value for money Convenience
"Very fast and convenient"Veronica g. 15/06/2015
This train was very fast and convenient. We definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Italy and wants to travel securely and quickly between major cities. Very clean! Value for money Convenience
"First time train travelers"Curtis c. 02/06/2015
We purchased our Frecciarossa tickets online before trip started to get a good deal, printed them out and hopped on the train in Florence with ease. Just to make sure we knew what we were doing, we went to the station the day before and spoke to a very helpful person in a kiosk, making sure that my print-out was going to work as a ticket. It did. We had a great experience all around. Value for money Convenience
"Good"Neysa c. 31/05/2015
Confortable trip Value for money Convenience
"good as usual"Aniello p. 20/05/2015
the train trip was comfortable as usual. Value for money Convenience
"Excellant experience"Johannes v. 20/05/2015
We enjoyed the experience, comfortable and clean trains and on time. Value for money Convenience
"Frecciarossa"Dawn n. 18/05/2015
This was ontime and excellent! Pricey but great for a long trip. Value for money Convenience
I never gone with sleeper train before and im realy surprise to knew that we will be sleep with 6 bed on the same carrier. But over all its okey. Nice to knew about that situation.
"Train Ride - Florence to Rome". 12/05/2015
This was a fairly short ride, less than 3 hours. It was very pleasant, The seating was very comfortable and the train was clean. We enjoyed the ride immensely. I would highly traveling by train to anyone, fast, efficient, clean, price point is rather inexpensive. All around a superb service.
"Pleasant Journey"Thelma p. 12/05/2015
Such an easy way to travel in Europe! Very relaxing, great onboard service and quick! Value for money Convenience