Italian trains: FrecciarossaItaly : Trenitalia
Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Reggio Emilia||Rome||02:53||€ 59|
|Reggio Emilia||Milan||01:19||€ 27|
|Milan||Rimini It||02:10||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "excellent" Jose Santiago a. 30/07/2016
Very good service on board , comfortable. On time Value for money Convenience
- "Travelling in Europe made easy" . 28/07/2016
It was simple, easy and fast from buying the ticket to getting on board and reach the destination. Flawless. The ticket was good enough. No validation required and trains were simply very good.
- "Unexpected " Nicola i. 26/07/2016
I still had a view that Italian train trips might be rather haphazard. Not at all,it was very good. Comfortable and ran on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent" . 25/07/2016
Train was on time, train very clean.
- "Travel to Rome" Gert e. 21/07/2016
We took the speed train from Salerno to Rome. Wonderful experience. The kids enjoyed the fast train. Very comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "good" Rajendra b. 18/07/2016
Excelent Value for money Convenience
- "Good experience" Johannes r. 18/07/2016
Although the train was 20 min late, the journey was uneventful, comfortable and fast. Value for money Convenience
- "Best way to travel in Europe" William Withers Buchanan b. 18/07/2016
Traveling by train between places in Europe is a convenient and value for money way to get around and to enjoy the scenery! Value for money Convenience
- "Service in the train" . 18/07/2016
was very poor no efforts of the team that were busy chating among themselves
- "Family trip" David a. 18/07/2016
We booked the tickets in advance for a ride from Rome to Venice. It was very easy the processes, the price was great and had no problems to find the platform for the ride. The coach was clean, service excellent and I will do it again if necessary in future. I highly suggest to book tickets in advance, it makes the trip much easier. Value for money Convenience
- "On time train and comfortable" Rudyanto r. 18/07/2016
we travel with rail Europe and satisfy with the train condition. The train is on time and the seat is comfortable. We would like to take another train around Europe next time. thanks Value for money Convenience
- "Overnight trip to Italy - Uggh" Toby w. 16/07/2016
We booked what we thought was going to be a charming overnight train ride to Italy from France in a first class cabin..... It was far from charming, we booked first class on line and at over 400 Euros we thought it would at least be clean. The tickets came out separate so we were not in our own room, it was filthy, the air condition controls didn't work, the shared toilets were filthy and all of the doors and cabinetry was loose so it rattled like crazy all night. We were advised our beds would be brought down to sleep, this never happened and had to figure it out ourselves. Anyway, it was horrible and if I didn't have a bottle of wine I wouldn't have been able to sleep. 2/10, wouldn't recommend it. Value for money Convenience
- "Train service" . 15/07/2016
Train is punctual , fast and comfortable. A very good way to travel within Italy.
- "Good but delayed" Nachiketa v. 14/07/2016
Overall it was quite a comfortable journey but the train got delayed just before Milan by 30 minutes or so which was not very convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable ride" Deepa b. 13/07/2016
We traveled in business class from Milan Central to St. Lucia in Venice and the journey was very comfortable. The refreshments served were just so so. It was some kind of dried pasta snack and a drink. This was not an issue for us since we were so tired from our flight from the US that we just slept through the entire journey. Value for money Convenience