Italian trains: FrecciarossaItaly : Trenitalia
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Reggio Emilia||Rome||02:53||€ 59|
|Milan||Reggio Emilia||01:25||€ 27|
|Rimini It||Milan||02:26||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "Too crowded" Gurudas k. 28/05/2016
This train had no seat reservations . Got too crowded as we came closer to Florence Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel" James Howard w. 27/05/2016
Easy trip in business quiet...service was friendly and a great way to see the country. Value for money Convenience
- "trai trip" Carlo z. 27/05/2016
Not too bad Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable " Shirley Anne b. 27/05/2016
Watch out for a person who may offer to carry your luggage Value for money Convenience
- "comfortable journey " Wai Shing s. 27/05/2016
It starts on time and comfortable. It's great! Value for money Convenience
- "a bit struggle w bedding seats" Saengnapha u. 24/05/2016
There was no instruction for bedding. We fetched the staff to ask and were told that there is no sheets nor pillows. We saw some passengers had those so we showed him then he later grabbed some from other passengers for us! Overall, it was an ok trip and it arrived earlier than scheduled. Value for money Convenience
- "Best train ride ever." Russell l. 24/05/2016
I never had such a smooth, comfortable, and fast train ride in my life. I wish the passenger trains in the USA were as good. No comparison can be made. Had no problem getting tickets and getting on and off train with luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy travel" Tracy Lee k. 24/05/2016
A great way to see the countryside, and relax at the same time. It was a little squashed with luggage and there was a 30 minute delay leaving the station however - much better than being stuck in road traffic. Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel." Susan h. 23/05/2016
Fast efficient way to travel. Nice and clean. Only negative would be people on the platform and in the carriages aggressively taking over the carrying of luggage and not stopping when requested to do so. Very annoying and then they hassle for money. Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciarossa" Anne-marie t. 22/05/2016
First Class definitely the way to go. Very efficient service. Value for money Convenience
- "my trip " Khuloud a. 22/05/2016
enjoyed Value for money Convenience
- "Trains are great in Europe" . 21/05/2016
Traveled from Paris to No ce, then Nice to Milan, then Milan to Rome on 3 great trains. Best value, most comfortable way to travel in Europe. Booked all trains in advance from comfort of my living room. Rail Europe websites easy to use.
- "Good service " Chaminda Rohan e. 20/05/2016
It was on time, a great thing. And facilities and services also are not bad. Value for money Convenience
- "Pleasant travel" Vichaya v. 19/05/2016
The train is on time. Seat is comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "my openinon" Khuloud a. 19/05/2016
perfect comfort fast trip that i would like to advice my friends to enjoying there trip Value for money Convenience