Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Find a Train Ticket
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (705)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Rome||Reggio Emilia||02:54||€ 59|
|Milan||Rimini It||02:10||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
answered | Posted by Sara H. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/04/2015
From florence santa maria novelle to cinque terre, from cinque terre to pisa, from pisa back to florence in a (...)Can we travel from Florence Santa Maria Novelle to Cinque Terre, from Cinque Terre to Pisa, from Pisa back to Florence in a day? (...)
answered | Posted by Xue P. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/04/2015
answered | Posted by Anthony M. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/04/2015
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/04/2015
answered | Posted by Kiran D. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/04/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
"Smooth ride"Sunil c.
From booking to End of Journey - Clean stations, Easy Information and Punctual, clean trains. A Great experience. Value for money Convenience
"Trip "Mubarak Nasser Mubarak a. 27/04/2015
Amazing Value for money Convenience
"Trip"Mubarak Nasser Mubarak a. 27/04/2015
Amazing Value for money Convenience
"Very fast and convenient "Christine c. 27/04/2015
I'll definitely do it again as its way more convenient compared to taking plane from Rome to Florence and also cheaper. You arrived before you even know it. Value for money Convenience
"Value for money"Anthony m. 27/04/2015
We were pleasantly surprised after having prebooked a 2nd class rail ticket on line to find that everything went off smoothly and we did not have to queue at the ticket office. The paper tickets we were issued on line were all we needed to board the train. Our seats were both window and for a 2nd class ticket we were very impressed with the quality of the seats and the general state of the carriage. There was more than adequate time to get ourselves and our 3 large bags off the train at Centrale, which is not always the case with other European stations. Would definitely recommend this service. Value for money Convenience
"Good"Amr a. 25/04/2015
The train was good Value for money Convenience
"Comfortable"Gayathri s. 24/04/2015
We travelled first class and it was very comfortable. Best way to travel between cities in Europe. Convenient, fast and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
"Nice and neat journey"Chia Hsien l. 22/04/2015
The train is clean and comfort. While if the seat space larger will perfect. Also it's bit delay but overly a well travel experience. Value for money Convenience
"Safe "Sze Wai Betty n. 19/04/2015
Inside the train is good. But beware of some guys inside the train who help you to move your luggage onto the rack, it`s chargable. It`s better for you to take care of it by yourself. Value for money Convenience
"A smooth trip"Meow Peng s. 19/04/2015
Very easy to purchase the ticket online. My trip went smoothly and I'm glad to purchase the tickets in advanced so as to save the trouble queuing on site. Value for money Convenience
"GOOD"Yik Man l. 15/04/2015
large space for seat and comfort chair Value for money Convenience
"Nice "Chelsea c. 15/04/2015
I have no complaints. The train left about 5 minutes late, but the ride was smooth Value for money Convenience
"LEILA’S BIRTHDAY"Rachel t. 14/04/2015
OUR EXPERIENCE WAS AN EXCELLENT ONE. THE TRAIN WAS CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, ON TIME, AND FAST. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent trip"Fernando v. 14/04/2015
The service overall was excellent Value for money Convenience
"Fast and convenient "Tsing w. 12/04/2015
Train and the system were well designed and comfortably constructed. Lovely Value for money Convenience