Italian trains: Frecciarossa
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Rome||Reggio Emilia||02:54||€ 59|
|Milan||Rimini It||02:10||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
answered | Posted by Nurul A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
answered | Posted by Haneef | Comments 0 | Created: 19/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "Wifi not working all the time " . 02/02/2016
Hi I am foreign and have been going on business trip from Milan to Florence at first class. Firstly, I went to train station straightly from airport so I did not have phone number in Italy so I could not register an account to get wifi account in train. Secondly, one passenger in my coach gave to me his account to get in wifi, but even have account, the wifi did not work all all and I could not go to internet. I was disappointed about that because I need go to internet to check up something. You should fix this problem. Best regards Linh Nguyen
- "Good" Sau Lin Winky c. 01/02/2016
Advantage of purchase ticket in advance, enjoyed good discount on ticket fare. Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Giseli m. 18/01/2016
The travel was very fast. Perfect for my trip. Thank you. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy, quick and functional" Lalit s. 08/01/2016
Very efficient, timely, quick and clean travel. Would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Italy for holiday/business! Value for money
- "Great to travel by train" Thanarak s. 05/12/2015
It is good to take a train to Florence. It isn't far as I thought. We enjoyed the view on the side. The seats are comfortable. The toilets are clean. The staff were nice. Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoy the ride by Euro Rail " Pritesh s. 03/12/2015
The most important things is about all my train is on dot time of arrival of the final destination . The train coach is very net Value for money Convenience
- "Excelent trip" Paraguacu s. 30/11/2015
Very Comfortable train, with very high speed e excelent services Value for money Convenience
- "Everything running smoothly" . 29/11/2015
Really excellent, everything running smoothly our journey from Roma to Firenze. To get best price I bought the tickets 3 months before.
- "Mo’s opinion" . 28/11/2015
The train is clean, service was good and on time. No issues at all and will take it again
- "Frecciargento" . 27/11/2015
- "Train to Florence" Ming Thiap t. 23/11/2015
Train ride is simple, no fuss. Served drinks and a snack. No delays, trains arriveed on time. Great ride. Value for money Convenience
- "excellent" . 21/11/2015
good and a comfortable trip.
- "Questionable Free WiFi " Diane s. 18/11/2015
Wifi was supposed to be free. However, once on board, i had to pay 1 Euro for it. Unfortunately, every time we went through a mountain or entered a station, the WiFi stopped working and once the train left these areas, I had to sign up again, for another Euro in order to get service. This was very inconvenient. Value for money Convenience
- "delayed train" Arif Rahman k. 18/11/2015
train is delayed for almost 2 hours when entering bologna. The announcer only in Italian so we dont understand what's going on. Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciarossa" Hanna f. 16/11/2015
All was good except for a 25 minutes delay in the train departure Value for money Convenience