Italian trains: FrecciarossaItaly : Trenitalia
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Rome||Reggio Emilia||02:54||€ 59|
|Rimini It||Milan||02:26||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "Travel from Rome to Firenza" . 22/09/2016
Train ride was comfortable with ample luggage space available.
- "Comfortable and quick" Carol m. 18/09/2016
loved this trip = escalators at both ends and very comfortable clean train. Very nice Value for money Convenience
- "Easy and safe way to travel" Shayne v. 15/09/2016
Traveled first class from Venice to Verona. Venice train station is a lot easier to get to than the air port, and the transport is spacious and comfortable. A bit of a hassle with our large luggage as the first class carriage didn't have luggage storage. Luckily the carriage was only half-full so we could put the bags on spare seats. Smooth and pleasant trip. Value for money Convenience
- "A beautiful and convenience " Risa a. 14/09/2016
The journey is from Zuerich to Milano by train is really very very beautiful. The scenery is awesome. The train ride is convenience. The online reservation is very easy. Value for money Convenience
- "Verona to Venice" Simon g. 13/09/2016
Very nice way to travel in Business for the trip from Verona to Venice Value for money Convenience
- "Leg5 of my mini adventure" Norrie b. 10/09/2016
A journey on my own made so easy, comfortable, pretty hot but air conditioning ok. Great ticket system and station signage made it all very easy, and such a beautifully scenic journey Value for money Convenience
- "Rome to Milan" Nicola h. 08/09/2016
The service was good, on time and the stations were easy to use with luggage and not speaking the language. There were no elec sockets on the train, otherwise, all a smooth trip Value for money Convenience
- "Train " Nanette d. 03/09/2016
Comfortable. Would have appreciated a map on board showing the trip. No English was used for announcements,so it made us uneasy. Luckily we found a passenger who spoke English. Having bought the tickets online it would have been appreciated if a map had been provided showing the trip for me to print at home. The train was quite full so we felt safe. Value for money Convenience
- "Storage space needed" Audrey Yolanda g. 31/08/2016
It was an expedient but not truly convenient way to travel if you have plenty of luggage, since there are barely any compartment space for luggages except for the overhead compartments and some tiny spaces in between seats. Just try to lift your 50 lbs suitcase to one of them. Joy. Value for money Convenience
- "Well done" Marek k. 31/08/2016
We traveled first class , so I can only comment on that . Very comfortable journey , will travel again in the future . Value for money Convenience
- "Good Trip" Bassem t. 31/08/2016
we really enjoyed our trip using Frecciarossa it was accurate comfortable Value for money Convenience
- "Wow" Priyanshoo s. 31/08/2016
Excellent Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent ride" Audrey c. 31/08/2016
Seats were comfortbale and he train was on time. What a great experience to travel in Italy. Value for money Convenience
- "trip to milan" Sajal Kumar d. 30/08/2016
a very smooth ride comfortable journey Value for money Convenience
- "Fast, safe, smooth ride" Andrew t. 29/08/2016
Excellent trip. Carriages comfortable, clean, safe. Convenience