Italian trains: Italo
- Florence - Rome: 01:32
- Book early, save up to 80%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Italo
Italo, high speed trains serving main cities like Venice, Rome, Milan, Florence etc with best comfort.
Italo is the high speed train operated by a second railway company in Italy, NTV (Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori). Italo is a beautiful and modern red train, travelling at up to 360km/h. It connects major Italian cities like Rome, Napoli, Florence and Milan. Italo’s design, comfort, onboard services awaken the pleasure of train travel. Wi-Fi Internet everywhere on board and small cozy business class lounges, refined cuisine… such are the treats which await you on board the Italo. Italo is one of the most modern trains in the world. Compared to a classic high speed train, it consumes 30% less energy, thus promoting actions which will improve eco-sustainability. If you have purchased a rail pass which includes Italy, please note that Passholder fares are not offered for Italo trains. If you have an Italo ticket from/to Florence, you can benefit from free travel on the Ataf network (buses, tramvia 1) 24 hours before or after your travel date. Please note that if the number of infants exceeds the number of adults, any additional infant will be charged at a child’s rate.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Napoli – Roma||1 h 08|
|Roma – Firenze||1 h 27|
|Milan – Firenze||1 h 56|
|Roma – Bologna||2 h 12|
|Firenze – Napoli||2 h 42|
|Roma – Milan||2 h 45|
|Milan – Napoli||4 h 46|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Italo tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
If you are looking for comfort, safety and value for money to visit Italy’s main cities, look no further. Italo is the perfect way to discover Italy by train.
Privately operated by NTV, Italo trains have an avant-garde look and feel, almost inviting you to jump on board hit the rails immediately.
Experience the service
Before you board
The high-speed Italo trains will stop at Roma Termini, Roma Tiburtina and Roma Ostiense when in Rome, and Milano Centrale and Milano Rogoredo when in Milan.
The Milan Central railway station is the most important train station in Milan.
The Milano Rogoredo railway station has a connection with Rogoredo metro station. It is located about 10km away from the Linate airport. The ATM Bus lines 73 and X73 offers a connection from Milano Linate airport to Milan city centre.
The Roma Termini railway station is the main railway station of Rome. It is 20 minutes’ walk away from the Colosseum.
The Roma Ostiense railway station is the gateway to Roma Fiumicino Airport and is convenient for business travellers.
The Roma Tiburtina railway station is 4 km away from Roma Termini station. The metro offers an easy connection between the two stations. Roma Tiburtina railway station is a brand new station for high speed trains only. It is connected to the Tiburtina metro station.
Other stations served by the Italo trains are Torino Porta Nuova and Verona Porta Nuova.There is no check in or customs procedures prior to boarding Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. For any assistance, queries or requests please refer to the Casa Italo counters.
|First class||First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Club||Prima||Smart|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Video screens Ideal for entertainment, some coaches are equipped with screens. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious leather seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Service crew For any question or help, a hostess/steward is present on board. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
- Each carriage of Italo trains is equipped with CCTV, thus allowing an increased security for the passengers.
- If you want to have a snack or a drink, there are 2 Area Break with self-service vending machines in coach n°3 and n°7 on board the Italo trains. Passengers travelling in Prima or Club can benefit from an at-seat catering service on board the Italo trains.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
- A. There is no Senior fare available for Italo trains. However children aged from 4 to 14 have a 25% discount on the full adult fare. As for children under 3 years old, they can travel for free if they do not require any seat.
- A. Yes. Passengers can use baggage lockers which are found between the coaches. However they have to make a 1 euro deposit. There are also luggage areas at the end of the carriage which can be used without any supplement.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. Italo offers different classes of service. Rail Europe offers 3 classes of service for Italo: the Smart class, the Club class and the Prima class. The Smart class is the equivalent of second class, where passengers have the following services: 2 dedicated stewards/hostesses and comfortable seats. The Prima class is the equivalent of first class, where passengers have the following services: A dedicated steward/hostess, welcome drink and snacks, daily newspapers, complimentary expresso and large reclining seats. A supplement is needed for catering service in Prima class. The Club class has the same services as the Prima class plus video screens and access to business lounge.
- A. Italo trains offer high speed train services connecting the major cities of Italy such as Milano, Bologna, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, Venezia, Torino and Padova. There are several daily connections between the main cities which are served by Italo. There are several daily connections between Milan and Roma and the number of connections will increase in the following years.
- A. You can book early a ticket for Italo up to 70 days in advance. The earlier you book, the more likely you will get the lowest price. Italo tickets are can be book up to 3 days before your travel date.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
answered | Posted by Chandramouli S. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
answered | Posted by Haneef | Comments 0 | Created: 19/01/2016
answered | Posted by Ang C. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/01/2016
I want to travel from rome to florence, venice, innsbruck to lucerne with stay at florence for 1 night, 2 night's stay at venice (...)I want to start my journey from Rome. We are 6 travelers. All Adults. We want to cover - Florence, Venice, Innsbruck and finally (...)
answered | Posted by Chandra P. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/11/2015
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Italo
Overall rating (58)
Overall appreciationExcellent 60% Very good 28% Average 8% Poor 1% Terrible 4%
- "1st usage" Haim p. 23/05/2016
1st usage of Italian train Value for money Convenience
- "Overnight train with bed cabin" Siew Peng k. 09/05/2016
Small cabin. 6 beds arranged along 2 sides w 3 beds on ea side. Per side, the bed is on top, middle (foldable) Value for money Convenience
- "Pleasent trip" Ivana k. 30/04/2016
We enjoyed it very much. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice to Rome on train" Biji v. 30/04/2016
Wonderful journey. Best part was free wifi. Got disconnected a couple of times, but overall good experience. Biji Value for money Convenience
- "rome to milan" Ebrahim r. 11/04/2016
the train was stunning, the leg room was fantastic, the internet was world class. loved it. Value for money Convenience
- "all good except wifi" Mahal Lalaine v. 05/04/2016
Comfortable seats and spacious. The wait was convenient as we were able to sit in Italo office/reception. Free food in the train not good for the price you pay but at least there is snacks provided. They can do better at this. Wifi is good for nothing, I mean it was just incredibly slow as a snail. I wasn't even able to load a page for entire 3 hour ride. Overall it was all good. Value for money Convenience
- "Great ride" Rosidah Bte p. 03/04/2016
The wifi connection was fair. Comfortable seats. Value for money Convenience
- "Pleasantly surprised" Edgardo m. 31/03/2016
The train was very comfortable, clean and was on time. Space to store luggage was limited but it is manageable. Loved that you can charge your electronic devices on the train. They supposedly have wifi but it did not work. In spite of all this, I highly recommend it. Convenience
- "Fantastic trip through Europe" Paul h. 31/03/2016
Super. On time. Comfy. Great views. Great stations. Value for money Convenience
- "Value for for the price " Robindran m. 29/03/2016
Hope to use Italo again if the current condition is the same . price , comfort , easy access, convenient Value for money Convenience
- "Italo" Liga a. 28/03/2016
Fast and Safe Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel" Alicia Gek Cheng t. 25/03/2016
The train was comfortable and had charging ports for devices. It was not difficult to locate our seats. Value for money Convenience
- "Surprise" Attila n. 20/03/2016
The process of online purchasing tickets was easy and fast. The train also was very fast. Almost half an hour even did not recognised that the speed of the train is 250 km/h, no noise, no shockings. Better than shinkanzen was 25 years ago. Value for money Convenience
- "VERY GOOD" . 19/03/2016
THE TRAIN IS VERY COMFORTEBAL EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY GOOD CONVENIENCE
- "A happy journey" Swee Kheng t. 18/03/2016
Me Value for money Convenience