Railjet - Austria and beyond
- Budapest - Vienna: 02:36
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Railjet - Austria and beyond
Railjet, modern Austrian high speed trains linking major cities of Austria, Germany and Hungary.
The modern, perhaps even futuristic Railjet trains are the new high-speed service from the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB). They operate at speeds of up to 230 km/h (143mph). The Railjet trains have carriages which as comfortable as luxurious. With modern equipment and generous compartment space, the Railjet guarantees a unique travel experience. The Railjet train snakes through the splendid Bavarian countryside as you approach the Alps. It winds by rivers and past farmland and wind turbines, offering truly breathtaking scenery throughout Austria.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations include Budapest, Vienna, Munich, Salzburg and Zurich, here’s an idea of the durations.
|Salzburg – Vienna||2h 45|
|Budapest – Vienna||3h|
|Munich – Budapest||6h 30|
|Vienna – Zurich||8h|
|St Anton Am Arlberg||Zurich||02:22||€ 53|
|Langen Am Arlberg||Zurich||02:12||€ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Railjet - Austria and beyond tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
A large range of services are available in stations including taxis, car rental, luggage storage facilities, shops, tourist information and assistance with your ongoing journey. 1st class passengers can use the Club Lounge at Vienna station to relax before departure.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First||Economy|
|Passenger Information System Real time information about arrival times and connections. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Kid’s facilities Children cinema are certain to keep younger ones happy. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Refresher towel Great way to cleanse, recharge and revitalize. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. You can print your tickets from the convenience of your home or you can retrieve them from self-service machines in London St Pancras, Brussels Midi or Paris Nord station before boarding your Eurostar train.
Q.Can I get off the train for a few hours and then get back on later that day if I'm holding a train ticket?A. A ticket that does not include a reservation for a specific train, does allow you to get on and off the train as much as you would like provided that your journey is completed within 2 months. Most tickets now include the reservations within the ticket, and do not permit the traveler to hop on or off the train If you are looking for more freedom to hop on and off the train, a railpass would be the best choice.
- A. You can request 2 double compartments or a T4 if this type of accommodation is offered on the train you wish to travel on.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. A "point to point ticket" is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations whereas a Eurail Select Pass offers unlimited travel in 3 to 5 adjoining countries on a total list of 24 countries. The Eurail Select Pass allows you to save money if travelling mainly by train from one country to another.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. In Comfort1 (First class), drinks and meal are included in the price of your Thalys ticket and served at your seat. Meal includes a choice of drinks, cold starter and main course, but also bread and dessert. In Thalys Comfort 2 (second class), you will get access to a bar-buffet car which offers a variety of food and refreshments.
- A. Gatwick Express arrives in London's Victoria Station.
answered | Posted by Arun B. | Comments 4 | Created: 19/04/2016
answered | Posted by Saulat A. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/04/2016
answered | Posted by Gautam S. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/04/2016
answered | Posted by Vivek K. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/03/2016
answered | Posted by Enies M. | Comments 4 | Created: 18/03/2016
Reviews & ratings Railjet - Austria and beyond
Overall rating (65)
Overall appreciationExcellent 32% Very good 37% Average 20% Poor 5% Terrible 5%
- "Thoroughly enjoyable" Amadeo Ignacio Daniel f. 20/05/2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my train ride between Vienna airport and Salzburg. The facilities were clean,. the wait staff was veruy cordial and the experience overall was just super! Value for money Convenience
- "Vienna - Salzburg" Gulshan d. 15/05/2016
I had booked my ticket on Second class category. Unfortunately I didn't find any seat available till next stop. I found it was a very difficult situation as I was with family and carrying baggages. I would request you implement seat allocation for second class same as other EU countries. Regards, Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and easy" Debra b. 09/05/2016
This was our first trip to Europe and our only train ride. The train station was organized and easy to navigate. Though we thought the price of the tickets was high compared to flying, it was a very comfortable ride. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice and Comfortable " Mohammed a. 06/05/2016
The experience was great. the journey was smooth and comfortable. the arrival and departure timing were perfect. restaurant staff was very helpful Value for money Convenience
- "Pleasant journey" Wan Cheong l. 18/04/2016
The first train ride in Europe, I feel very convenient, clear instructions, and safe and efficient Value for money Convenience
- "Discover Europe by Railjet" Amrit r. 06/04/2016
We wanted to experience countryside Europe and were excited with our decision to travel from Prague to Vienna by rail. The Rail Europe network is well-connected and an enjoyable journey. We were happy with our plans and would definitely use Rail jet once again. A free welcome drink would've sealed the deal for us in First class. Value for money Convenience
- "Good way to travel around" Romklao c. 09/01/2016
Pros: Overall It was a good ride. Clean nice seats and toilets. Good breakfast provided for extra charge. Almost always on time. Cons: It train was almost full and so crowded. Not enough space to keep my luggage. I had to keep my luggage in one car and sat in a different car. It'd be great if they can provide free wifi on trains. Value for money Convenience
- "Switzerland " David c. 08/01/2016
It was one of the most memorable trip of my life so far, the scenaries are magnificent. Travelling in Europe is simple when planning ahead. Value for money Convenience
- "Train is the way to go!" Jean n. 06/01/2016
On our family vacation, we booked open tickets from Vienna to Salzburg. When we were ready to leave Vienna, we had our choice of daily and hourly departures for Salzburg. The train, though crowded, had sitting room for all of us and storage space for our many bags. The journey was quick, clean, and comfortable. The scenery was beautiful as well. I especially liked being able to make the reservations in advance from home - I signed up to receive an email as soon as the dates for the tickets opened up, and booking couldn't have been easier. Value for money Convenience
- "nice way to travel" Filipe s. 18/12/2015
they send the tickets home to avoid misunderstandings which was a big relief. the travel was fast and comfortable. nice option to a flight. Value for money Convenience
- "Wien to innsbruck" Sharifah Shahidah a. 17/12/2015
There was wifi. Plenty of legroom too. We had an open ticket. Sufficient seats around. Value for money Convenience
- "Austria to Zuerich" Pad Yong g. 15/12/2015
Easy to locate the platforms and the seats were comfortable. However, we were long distance travellers from Singapore with a family of five and had a bit of difficulty finding space for our large luggages during our travel from Salzburg to Zuerich. Value for money Convenience
- "Winter Getaway!" Camille d. 26/11/2015
I r4ecently travelled from Budapest to Vienna with my dad on holiday. We were looking for a quick, convenient, reasonably priced way of travelling. Railjet provided us with this option. The railway station was in walking distance, the ride very smooth and comfortable. The food was a little pricy on-board so it is better to bring your own snacks. Overall great experience! Value for money Convenience
- "Wien to Budapest" John p. 24/11/2015
I truly enjoyed the privacy and comfort of the cabin. It was like from the movies. I will recommend. The hardest part was arriving. I was not at the main train station (near my hotel as I had planned) but people within the station were very helpful in getting me to where I needed to be. Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel in Europe" Mew Yong t. 14/10/2015
Comfortable seats, clean toilet and a great way to travel in Europe. Scenic view along the way, which made travelling enjoyable. Information is displayed at strategic spots so you can track your journey. Announcement is made at each station so you wont miss your destination. Value for money Convenience