Railjet - Austria and beyond
Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Budapest - Vienna: 02:36
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Railjet - Austria and beyond
Railjet, modern Austrian high speed trains linking major cities of Austria, Germany and Hungary.
The modern, perhaps even futuristic Railjet trains are the new high-speed service from the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB). They operate at speeds of up to 230 km/h (143mph). The Railjet trains have carriages which as comfortable as luxurious. With modern equipment and generous compartment space, the Railjet guarantees a unique travel experience. The Railjet train snakes through the splendid Bavarian countryside as you approach the Alps. It winds by rivers and past farmland and wind turbines, offering truly breathtaking scenery throughout Austria.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations include Budapest, Vienna, Munich, Salzburg and Zurich, here’s an idea of the durations.
|Salzburg – Vienna||2h 45|
|Budapest – Vienna||3h|
|Munich – Budapest||6h 30|
|Vienna – Zurich||8h|
|Langen Am Arlberg||Zurich||02:12||€ 50|
|Zurich||St Anton Am Arlberg||02:19||€ 53|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Railjet - Austria and beyond tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
A large range of services are available in stations including taxis, car rental, luggage storage facilities, shops, tourist information and assistance with your ongoing journey. 1st class passengers can use the Club Lounge at Vienna station to relax before departure.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First||Economy|
|Passenger Information System Real time information about arrival times and connections. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Kid’s facilities Children cinema are certain to keep younger ones happy. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Refresher towel Great way to cleanse, recharge and revitalize. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform and you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. No you can’t. You need to buy your Swiss pass before coming to Europe.
- A. From Germany, several cities in bordering countries can be reached. The Intercity Express (ICE) goes to Brussels, the DB Expressbus to Prague, the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Kufstein and Innsbruck and the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice.
- A. The BritRail Family Pass allows one child between the ages of 5 and 15 to travel free with an adult or senior BritRail Pass holder.
answered | Posted by Zoeya S. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/06/2016
answered | Posted by Rupender k. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/06/2016
answered | Posted by Arun B. | Comments 4 | Created: 19/04/2016
answered | Posted by Saulat A. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/04/2016
answered | Posted by Gautam S. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Railjet - Austria and beyond
Overall rating (65)
Overall appreciationExcellent 32% Very good 37% Average 20% Poor 5% Terrible 5%
- "Prague to Vienna " Tess m. 21/06/2016
Very pleasant train journey. The train was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our trip. Value for money
- "Good trip" . 14/06/2016
All great and convenient ride between cities.
- "Excellent service " Robert d. 12/06/2016
Great service very comfortable,clean toilets that worked after a very bad experience a few days before on another service we were worried but enjoyed this one. Value for money Convenience
- "too expensive" Dan w. 06/06/2016
too expensive compare with buy ticket from counter on site; it's better to show e-ticket rather than asking us to pay extra delivery fee Value for money Convenience
- "Rama-Reddy Family in Eastern E" Harrikrishna r. 05/06/2016
Enjoyed the train journey from Budapest to Vienna. Would prefer to leave from the station in Vienna instead of Kelenfoe. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Train " . 24/05/2016
Train very ontime and also clean inside and outside,
- "Lost My Book...."The Prize"" . 24/05/2016
I was reading the book.... Went to the wash room, and then to the pantry to pick up a snack, leaving the book in the sleeve behind the seat in front... Lo and Behold.... When I return, the Book was gone.... Never imagined this can happen in a First Class Cabin.... Other than this the journey was comfortable.
- "Thoroughly enjoyable" Amadeo Ignacio Daniel f. 20/05/2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my train ride between Vienna airport and Salzburg. The facilities were clean,. the wait staff was veruy cordial and the experience overall was just super! Value for money Convenience
- "Vienna - Salzburg" Gulshan d. 15/05/2016
I had booked my ticket on Second class category. Unfortunately I didn't find any seat available till next stop. I found it was a very difficult situation as I was with family and carrying baggages. I would request you implement seat allocation for second class same as other EU countries. Regards, Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and easy" Debra b. 09/05/2016
This was our first trip to Europe and our only train ride. The train station was organized and easy to navigate. Though we thought the price of the tickets was high compared to flying, it was a very comfortable ride. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice and Comfortable " Mohammed a. 06/05/2016
The experience was great. the journey was smooth and comfortable. the arrival and departure timing were perfect. restaurant staff was very helpful Value for money Convenience
- "Pleasant journey" Wan Cheong l. 18/04/2016
The first train ride in Europe, I feel very convenient, clear instructions, and safe and efficient Value for money Convenience
- "Discover Europe by Railjet" Amrit r. 06/04/2016
We wanted to experience countryside Europe and were excited with our decision to travel from Prague to Vienna by rail. The Rail Europe network is well-connected and an enjoyable journey. We were happy with our plans and would definitely use Rail jet once again. A free welcome drink would've sealed the deal for us in First class. Value for money Convenience
- "Good way to travel around" Romklao c. 09/01/2016
Pros: Overall It was a good ride. Clean nice seats and toilets. Good breakfast provided for extra charge. Almost always on time. Cons: It train was almost full and so crowded. Not enough space to keep my luggage. I had to keep my luggage in one car and sat in a different car. It'd be great if they can provide free wifi on trains. Value for money Convenience
- "Switzerland " David c. 08/01/2016
It was one of the most memorable trip of my life so far, the scenaries are magnificent. Travelling in Europe is simple when planning ahead. Value for money Convenience