Swedish Day trains
Find a Train Ticket
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (23)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
The X2000 is SJ´s high speed train, travelling smoothly and silently at up to 200km/h (125mph). The X2000 allows you to travel by train across Sweden with Stockholm as your central point, giving you greater flexibility with your journey choices. The train is totally family friendly, with some trains even having a family car with a play corner (including a slide!), where children can enjoy themselves and make new friends. Some of the X2000 trains are double-deckers, making your site-seeing journey in Sweden even more enjoyable.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the X2000 train in Sweden include Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
|Stockholm – Gothenburg||3h|
|Stockholm – Sundsvall||3h 15|
|Stockholm – Malmö||4h 15|
|Stockholm – Copenhagen||5h 15|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Your X2000 train ticket gives you access to the SJ Lounge at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station.If you travelling on the high speed X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, you can hop off at other destinations on the way. X2000 trains depart almost every other hour.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. On-board Eurostar, you are allowed two medium-sized cases (85cm at their longest length), and one piece of hand luggage per passenger. Any luggage over the allowance will be counted as excess luggage and will incur a fee. This will be arranged at the Eurostar terminal on your arrival.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
- A. Some passes may be purchased in Europe at a higher cost. It is best to place your order before you departure to ensure that you have your paper documents in hand.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times are you like between countries that are on your pass.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
answered | Posted by Chew j. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/11/2014
I am in lulea of sweden now, how can i travel to abisko from lulea on 19 oct 2014, i am a eurail pass (...)i found the time for train to Abisko from Lulea, but i can't reserve any place, can i just aboard the train and pay for the extra (...)
answered | Posted by Lai N. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/10/2014
answered | Posted by Sayeed N. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/09/2014
answered | Posted by Tama C. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/07/2014
answered | Posted by Armin T. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/07/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
"Train on time is excellent."Ka Ming l.
We are glad to see the train on time to platform and departure very soon within 5 minutes, that is very good experience for us . Everything is in order and nice coffee as well . Value for money Convenience
"GREAT EXPERIENCE"Alejandro r. 13/10/2014
I DECIDE TO USE THE TRAIN FOR THE CONVENIENCE THAT ITS MORE CONFORTABLE THAN AIRPLANE AND HAVE BETTER VIEWS, IM PLEASED TO SAY THAT THE TRIP FULLFILLED THOSE EXPECTATIVES. Value for money Convenience
"Vikings on Rails"Werner s. 07/10/2014
I travelled the 3 nordic Countries NOR; SVE and DAN by Rail and was more than impressed, especially also in Relation to the Railway System we have here in Germany Price, Service and everything was super and made my Trip a real Success. Value for money Convenience
"Unable to select seat"Angel r. 04/10/2014
While the price was great, the train was great and the journey was great I was never able to select my seat and I received an aisle seat (I prefer window) just in a part where the window is narrow. Fortunately the train was almost empty and I was able to move. But it is definitely unbelievable that you can't choose your seat through your system, while through SJ trains web site you can but you need a swedish credit card. Value for money Convenience
"separate"Milagrosa s. 08/09/2014
I bought all the tickets at the same time but the 6 seats were separate each other, not together !. Value for money Convenience
"STOCKHOLM C - GOETEBORG C"Lai See k. 08/09/2014
1. No room for 26” luggage to put on floor and it is too heavy and too big to put on the rack above seat. 2. When booking online, seats allocated separately in different rows. Value for money Convenience
"Complicated trip"Javier c. 07/09/2014
The trip begin well, The train was quite confortable, but just in the mid-way between Stockholm and Olso the rain make the train to stop and we have to follow the trip by bus, moving lugages and waiting more than half un hour under the rain in a very small rural rail station. Very inconfortable trip because of meteo conditions. Value for money Convenience
"Bad Experience"David l. 20/08/2014
Unfortunately, there was some technical problem that caused the train to move and shake strongly and rapidly, so it was very unpleasant, especially because we were with little kids. We paid a lot and did not enjoy the ride. Regards, David Leshem Value for money Convenience
"AMAZING"Darryl b. 14/08/2014
Comfortable, Prompt, would have preferred if something to was provided besides tea coffee and a cake bite. Value for money Convenience
"Good travel"Metin y. 07/08/2014
Just, had noisy passengers :) Value for money Convenience
"A disatisfied experience"Patricia l. 30/07/2014
train was very old, seats very uncomfortable, it was very hot inside and the worst issue is that almost 2/3 of the bathrooms were out of order. The later is totally unacceptable for a trip which last almost 6 hs. Very disatified with the experience. Being Sweeden such a developed country, I expected a train with the highest standards of quality. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent ticket service"Herbert b. 27/07/2014
Very good trip. Best value for money. Best: excellent, reliable, fast ticket delivery. Value for money Convenience
"Cheap but inconvenience"Tze-keng k. 09/07/2014
The train broadcast was conducted in Swedish only, giving me, who can only speak English among all European languages, a very hard time. I had no other means, such as electronic showboard, to know if I had arrived in Lund or not. The train had some delay, and I ended up getting off at an incorrect station. Value for money Convenience
"Train Stockholm to Kopenhage"Frans d. 06/07/2014
Nice train and very friendly train-personnel. Take that train. Value for money Convenience
"Nice"Ching Ho c. 12/02/2014
It's a single trip from Stockholm to Copenhagen. Train arrived on time. Tidy environment. Not too crowded. City center to city center saves time. Value for money Convenience