Swedish Day trainsSweden : SJ
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
The X2000 is SJ´s high speed train, travelling smoothly and silently at up to 200km/h (125mph). The X2000 allows you to travel by train across Sweden with Stockholm as your central point, giving you greater flexibility with your journey choices. The train is totally family friendly, with some trains even having a family car with a play corner (including a slide!), where children can enjoy themselves and make new friends. Some of the X2000 trains are double-deckers, making your site-seeing journey in Sweden even more enjoyable.
Note: No SJ trains will be running between Denmark and Sweden as of 4th January 2016 due to the introduction of a new law on ID control for travellers going to Sweden.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the X2000 train in Sweden include Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
|Stockholm – Gothenburg||3h|
|Stockholm – Sundsvall||3h 15|
|Stockholm – Malmö||4h 15|
|Stockholm – Copenhagen||5h 15|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Your X2000 train ticket gives you access to the SJ Lounge at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station.If you travelling on the high speed X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, you can hop off at other destinations on the way. X2000 trains depart almost every other hour.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Most cites with airports are easily accessible by public transportation (Train, Bus, Subway or Taxi). The following airports listed have access to the downtown train stations: Amsterdam Schiphol, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin Schoenefeld, Birmingham, Brussels National, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dresden, Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva-Cointrin, Glasgow, Graz, Hannover, Krakow, Leipzig, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Stanstead, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Munich, Milan Malpensa, Newcastle, Nice, Nuremberg, Oslo, Palermo, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Pisa, Porto, Rome Fiumicino, Southampton, Stockholm, Stuttgart , Torino, Tronheim, Valencia, Vienna , and Zurich.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A. Yes. If you have a twin pass to travel in Germany, you need two German Rail Pass Extensions.
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 10/12/2015
answered | Posted by Mohamed E. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/11/2015
answered | Posted by talia z. | Comments 9 | Created: 18/11/2015
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/11/2015
answered | Posted by Ng C. | Comments 2 | Created: 04/11/2015
Reviews & ratings Swedish Day trains
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
- "Excellent Choice" Bethany Ann c. 08/04/2016
My first train trip in Sweden, from Stockholm to Gothenburg, was comfortable, clean, and quiet. With a table, charging sockets, and a large window the travel was very enjoyable. Value for money Convenience
- "Feedback of trip." Zhi Hong l. 18/10/2015
Actually, it was the first time I take the Europe trains. It was much comfortable than China. However, During this trip. The free wifi is not consistent. When I use the internet to watch movie, it always break. So maybe you can improve your internet stability. Others are well enough. Thanks. Value for money Convenience
- "Everything was nice" Paul g. 22/09/2015
These is absolutely nothing no mention. Train arrived on time, we got our seats and had an amazing trip trough Sweden until we arrived nearly on time in sweden. Train was clean, employees friendly, nice nice! Value for money Convenience
- "Oslo to Stockholm" Karen l. 13/08/2015
Oslo train station is very easy to navigate as well as Stockholms. The business class coach was very comfortable and had plenty of room. If you are traveling with large pieces of luggage make sure to get there early so you can get on first and get your luggage stored. The trains are definitely the way to travel through Europe. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth Sailing Across Sweden" Sharad Chandra m. 10/08/2015
My friend and I recently journeyed from Stockholm to Gothenburg, going right across the country from east to west. The train, departing Stockholm Central at 08:22, was extremely comfortable and smooth, with the friendly and courteous attendants making the 4-hour journey most enjoyable! Our coach (no. 1) was spotless and pleasant-smelling. Apart from the people, weather and scenery, this is one more aspect of Sweden that we simply loved! I haven't stopped talking about my experience ever since I returned home. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfort and Covienience " . 10/07/2015
The experience was marvellous and very comfortable. I didn't realise until we reached Malmo that the journey was about to end,Further we continued the journey in Norway and the experience was much the same
- "Exciting " Manuel d. 09/07/2015
We received our tickets three days before the journey but all the trip was perfect Value for money Convenience
- " OSLO S - STOCKHOLM CENTRAL" Cheuk Yi Cheryl h. 03/07/2015
Comfort and easy to go between ! Value for money Convenience
- "Business Trip" Thomas z. 12/06/2015
Business trip flew from Los Angeles to Copenhagen then train to Norrkoping. Very relaxing, convenient and quick. Value for money Convenience
- "Oslo-Stockholm Trip" Janet N. a. 26/05/2015
We travelled as a group of six - everything went off without a hitch. The train was timely and comfortable. It was both convenient and easy to book online (from Canada). Tickets arrived quickly. Questions answered. Excellent customer service. Will do this again when circumstances permit. Convenience
- "The south of Sweden by train" Guillermo j. 22/05/2015
The most interesting part of the trip is travelling across Scania and see its marvelous rapefields in bloom in May. Also, the Øresund bridge is quite impressive. Value for money Convenience
- "Great " . 04/05/2015
I think I enjoyed myself here, there's wifi and it was a long trip so that was nice. The seats were okay. All in all, I would take this train again.
- "Great" Nur Syahirah Binte a. 03/05/2015
It was a nice ride with wifi, proper amenities and I had a good trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Train on time is excellent." Ka Ming l. 18/12/2014
We are glad to see the train on time to platform and departure very soon within 5 minutes, that is very good experience for us . Everything is in order and nice coffee as well . Value for money Convenience
- "Copenhagen to Stockholm " . 16/10/2014
The trip itself was terrific;however, we nearly missed the train in copenhagen because inexplicably the platform was not listed! Finding a human to direct us was also nearly impossible.