Swedish Day trains
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
The X2000 is SJ´s high speed train, travelling smoothly and silently at up to 200km/h (125mph). The X2000 allows you to travel by train across Sweden with Stockholm as your central point, giving you greater flexibility with your journey choices. The train is totally family friendly, with some trains even having a family car with a play corner (including a slide!), where children can enjoy themselves and make new friends. Some of the X2000 trains are double-deckers, making your site-seeing journey in Sweden even more enjoyable.
Note: No SJ trains will be running between Denmark and Sweden as of 4th January 2016 due to the introduction of a new law on ID control for travellers going to Sweden.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the X2000 train in Sweden include Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
|Stockholm – Gothenburg||3h|
|Stockholm – Sundsvall||3h 15|
|Stockholm – Malmö||4h 15|
|Stockholm – Copenhagen||5h 15|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Your X2000 train ticket gives you access to the SJ Lounge at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station.If you travelling on the high speed X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, you can hop off at other destinations on the way. X2000 trains depart almost every other hour.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding ICE trains. Just be aware that for international destinations, ticket control and passport checks will occur on boarding the train. And if you are a pass holder, just remember that you have to validate your pass prior to boarding the ICE trains.
- A. There are a few passes that offer a discount for families. The Swiss passes offer the Swiss family card. This card provides free travel for children 6 to15 when traveling with a parent or guardian. The BritRail family pass offers a free child from 5 to 15 with each full fare adult or senior pass. The Great British Heritage family pass is available for 2 adults and up to 3 children. Many passes offer saver options which can be used for families. Children ages 4-11 will be half of the adult fare on the saver pass.
- A. The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children under 16 years of age to travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The card is free, simply request one at the time you purchase your Swiss Pass. If you forget to mention it, then present your Swiss pass before boarding the train at any Swiss train station ticket window, at the time of validation and advise them that you need a Family Card. They will be able to provide you one.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
- A. In most cases, railpasses are not accepted on city transportation systems such as buses and subways. Passes will generally cover local commuter trains that are above ground. The exception to this is the Swiss Pass, which is valid for transportation in 37 Swiss cities.
- A. Yes, you’ll need to reserve your place on AVE trains like in most high speed trains in Europe.
Q. Would I qualify for a railpass if I have a European passport, but am a permanent resident of another country?A. We are not able to sell rail passes or tickets to residents of Europe, the UK, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you are a resident of these countries, we will not be able to sell you one of our passes. If you are a citizen of any of these countries, but are a resident of another country, we are able to sell the rail pass or tickets to you. Passes are based on residency not citizenship, and the country of your residence will be printed on the rail pass.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 10/12/2015
answered | Posted by Mohamed E. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/11/2015
answered | Posted by talia z. | Comments 9 | Created: 18/11/2015
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/11/2015
answered | Posted by Ng C. | Comments 2 | Created: 04/11/2015
Reviews & ratings Swedish Day trains
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
- "Feedback of trip." Zhi Hong l. 18/10/2015
Actually, it was the first time I take the Europe trains. It was much comfortable than China. However, During this trip. The free wifi is not consistent. When I use the internet to watch movie, it always break. So maybe you can improve your internet stability. Others are well enough. Thanks. Value for money Convenience
- "Everything was nice" Paul g. 22/09/2015
These is absolutely nothing no mention. Train arrived on time, we got our seats and had an amazing trip trough Sweden until we arrived nearly on time in sweden. Train was clean, employees friendly, nice nice! Value for money Convenience
- "Oslo to Stockholm" Karen l. 13/08/2015
Oslo train station is very easy to navigate as well as Stockholms. The business class coach was very comfortable and had plenty of room. If you are traveling with large pieces of luggage make sure to get there early so you can get on first and get your luggage stored. The trains are definitely the way to travel through Europe. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth Sailing Across Sweden" Sharad Chandra m. 10/08/2015
My friend and I recently journeyed from Stockholm to Gothenburg, going right across the country from east to west. The train, departing Stockholm Central at 08:22, was extremely comfortable and smooth, with the friendly and courteous attendants making the 4-hour journey most enjoyable! Our coach (no. 1) was spotless and pleasant-smelling. Apart from the people, weather and scenery, this is one more aspect of Sweden that we simply loved! I haven't stopped talking about my experience ever since I returned home. Value for money Convenience
- "Business Trip" Thomas z. 12/06/2015
Business trip flew from Los Angeles to Copenhagen then train to Norrkoping. Very relaxing, convenient and quick. Value for money Convenience
- "The south of Sweden by train" Guillermo j. 22/05/2015
The most interesting part of the trip is travelling across Scania and see its marvelous rapefields in bloom in May. Also, the Øresund bridge is quite impressive. Value for money Convenience
- "Great " . 04/05/2015
I think I enjoyed myself here, there's wifi and it was a long trip so that was nice. The seats were okay. All in all, I would take this train again.
- "Great" Nur Syahirah Binte a. 03/05/2015
It was a nice ride with wifi, proper amenities and I had a good trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Train on time is excellent." Ka Ming l. 18/12/2014
We are glad to see the train on time to platform and departure very soon within 5 minutes, that is very good experience for us . Everything is in order and nice coffee as well . Value for money Convenience
- "Copenhagen to Stockholm " . 16/10/2014
The trip itself was terrific;however, we nearly missed the train in copenhagen because inexplicably the platform was not listed! Finding a human to direct us was also nearly impossible.
- "GREAT EXPERIENCE" Alejandro r. 13/10/2014
I DECIDE TO USE THE TRAIN FOR THE CONVENIENCE THAT ITS MORE CONFORTABLE THAN AIRPLANE AND HAVE BETTER VIEWS, IM PLEASED TO SAY THAT THE TRIP FULLFILLED THOSE EXPECTATIVES. Value for money Convenience
- "Vikings on Rails" Werner s. 07/10/2014
I travelled the 3 nordic Countries NOR; SVE and DAN by Rail and was more than impressed, especially also in Relation to the Railway System we have here in Germany Price, Service and everything was super and made my Trip a real Success. Value for money Convenience
- "Unable to select seat" Angel r. 04/10/2014
While the price was great, the train was great and the journey was great I was never able to select my seat and I received an aisle seat (I prefer window) just in a part where the window is narrow. Fortunately the train was almost empty and I was able to move. But it is definitely unbelievable that you can't choose your seat through your system, while through SJ trains web site you can but you need a swedish credit card. Value for money Convenience
- "separate" Milagrosa s. 08/09/2014
I bought all the tickets at the same time but the 6 seats were separate each other, not together !. Value for money Convenience
- "STOCKHOLM C - GOETEBORG C" Lai See k. 08/09/2014
1. No room for 26” luggage to put on floor and it is too heavy and too big to put on the rack above seat. 2. When booking online, seats allocated separately in different rows. Value for money Convenience