Swedish Day trains
Find a Train Ticket
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (23)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
The X2000 is SJ´s high speed train, travelling smoothly and silently at up to 200km/h (125mph). The X2000 allows you to travel by train across Sweden with Stockholm as your central point, giving you greater flexibility with your journey choices. The train is totally family friendly, with some trains even having a family car with a play corner (including a slide!), where children can enjoy themselves and make new friends. Some of the X2000 trains are double-deckers, making your site-seeing journey in Sweden even more enjoyable.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the X2000 train in Sweden include Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
|Stockholm – Gothenburg||3h|
|Stockholm – Sundsvall||3h 15|
|Stockholm – Malmö||4h 15|
|Stockholm – Copenhagen||5h 15|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Your X2000 train ticket gives you access to the SJ Lounge at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station.If you travelling on the high speed X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, you can hop off at other destinations on the way. X2000 trains depart almost every other hour.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
Q. If I'm traveling through a country not included on Eurail Select Pass, can I add that country to the pass?A. Passes are only valid for travel in the countries covered by that particular pass. If you travel through a country not included on your pass, you'll need to purchase an additional ticket for that part of the trip. For example, if you travel from Germany to Italy through Austria, Austria is not a country on your Eurail Select Pass and will not be covered; you must purchase an additional ticket. If you have not purchased your pass please view our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
- A. Children 4 and under who do not need a bed travel free and do not require a sleeper reservation or a ticket. If the child is between the ages of 4 - 11 or is under 4 but will require a separate bed, then a special child's fare will apply.
- A. Reservation is only compulsory for ICE Trains called ICE Sprinter as these trains have special services such as a meal and newspaper. Here is the list: Hamburg HBF - Frankfurt HBF, Frankfurt HBF- Berlin HBF, Berlin HBF - Frankfurt HBF, Hamburg HBF – Koeln HBF and Koeln HBF – Hamburg HBF. Passes valid to travel within Germany cover Eurail Global and Select Passes including Germany / Eurail Germany-Benelux Pass / Eurail Germany-Denmark Pass / Eurail Germany-France / German Rail Pass.
- A. A Swiss pass is valid on trains operated by SBB (Schweizerische BundesBahn), the national railway company of Switzerland. For domestic trains in Switzerland operated, seat reservations are not required. Exceptions are the special scenic trains such as Bernina Express, Glacier Express, Golden Pass and Wilhelm Tell Express. For these trains, a supplement and/or seat reservation is required for Swiss Pass holders. There are also some international trains from Switzerland that require a reservation fee. Examples are the ICE International to Germany, the TGV Lyria to France and the Railjet to Budapest.
- A. Due to the limited availability on overnight trains, if you must change your sleeper reservation, try to do so immediately. You can visit the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train's departure and see what is available. Be aware that your reservation change may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges. Reservations are required for sleepers and couchettes on all overnight trains and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- A. Passes are non-transferable as travelers name appears on the Railpass, and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, which offers you the opportunity to reschedule your trip.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. A pass holder is a reduced fare that can be purchased in place of a ticket. It requires the use of 1 day on a rail pass and is generally required for high-speed trains.
answered | Posted by rida f. | Comments 4 | Created: 23/03/2015
answered | Posted by Mariette B. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/03/2015
answered | Posted by Chew j. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/11/2014
I am in lulea of sweden now, how can i travel to abisko from lulea on 19 oct 2014, i am a eurail pass (...)i found the time for train to Abisko from Lulea, but i can't reserve any place, can i just aboard the train and pay for the extra (...)
answered | Posted by Lai N. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/10/2014
answered | Posted by Sayeed N. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/09/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
"Train on time is excellent."Ka Ming l.
We are glad to see the train on time to platform and departure very soon within 5 minutes, that is very good experience for us . Everything is in order and nice coffee as well . Value for money Convenience
"GREAT EXPERIENCE"Alejandro r. 13/10/2014
I DECIDE TO USE THE TRAIN FOR THE CONVENIENCE THAT ITS MORE CONFORTABLE THAN AIRPLANE AND HAVE BETTER VIEWS, IM PLEASED TO SAY THAT THE TRIP FULLFILLED THOSE EXPECTATIVES. Value for money Convenience
"Vikings on Rails"Werner s. 07/10/2014
I travelled the 3 nordic Countries NOR; SVE and DAN by Rail and was more than impressed, especially also in Relation to the Railway System we have here in Germany Price, Service and everything was super and made my Trip a real Success. Value for money Convenience
"Unable to select seat"Angel r. 04/10/2014
While the price was great, the train was great and the journey was great I was never able to select my seat and I received an aisle seat (I prefer window) just in a part where the window is narrow. Fortunately the train was almost empty and I was able to move. But it is definitely unbelievable that you can't choose your seat through your system, while through SJ trains web site you can but you need a swedish credit card. Value for money Convenience
"separate"Milagrosa s. 08/09/2014
I bought all the tickets at the same time but the 6 seats were separate each other, not together !. Value for money Convenience
"STOCKHOLM C - GOETEBORG C"Lai See k. 08/09/2014
1. No room for 26” luggage to put on floor and it is too heavy and too big to put on the rack above seat. 2. When booking online, seats allocated separately in different rows. Value for money Convenience
"Complicated trip"Javier c. 07/09/2014
The trip begin well, The train was quite confortable, but just in the mid-way between Stockholm and Olso the rain make the train to stop and we have to follow the trip by bus, moving lugages and waiting more than half un hour under the rain in a very small rural rail station. Very inconfortable trip because of meteo conditions. Value for money Convenience
"Bad Experience"David l. 20/08/2014
Unfortunately, there was some technical problem that caused the train to move and shake strongly and rapidly, so it was very unpleasant, especially because we were with little kids. We paid a lot and did not enjoy the ride. Regards, David Leshem Value for money Convenience
"AMAZING"Darryl b. 14/08/2014
Comfortable, Prompt, would have preferred if something to was provided besides tea coffee and a cake bite. Value for money Convenience
"Good travel"Metin y. 07/08/2014
Just, had noisy passengers :) Value for money Convenience
"A disatisfied experience"Patricia l. 30/07/2014
train was very old, seats very uncomfortable, it was very hot inside and the worst issue is that almost 2/3 of the bathrooms were out of order. The later is totally unacceptable for a trip which last almost 6 hs. Very disatified with the experience. Being Sweeden such a developed country, I expected a train with the highest standards of quality. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent ticket service"Herbert b. 27/07/2014
Very good trip. Best value for money. Best: excellent, reliable, fast ticket delivery. Value for money Convenience
"Cheap but inconvenience"Tze-keng k. 09/07/2014
The train broadcast was conducted in Swedish only, giving me, who can only speak English among all European languages, a very hard time. I had no other means, such as electronic showboard, to know if I had arrived in Lund or not. The train had some delay, and I ended up getting off at an incorrect station. Value for money Convenience
"Train Stockholm to Kopenhage"Frans d. 06/07/2014
Nice train and very friendly train-personnel. Take that train. Value for money Convenience
"Nice"Ching Ho c. 12/02/2014
It's a single trip from Stockholm to Copenhagen. Train arrived on time. Tidy environment. Not too crowded. City center to city center saves time. Value for money Convenience