Swedish Day trainsSweden : SJ
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
The X2000 is SJ´s high speed train, travelling smoothly and silently at up to 200km/h (125mph). The X2000 allows you to travel by train across Sweden with Stockholm as your central point, giving you greater flexibility with your journey choices. The train is totally family friendly, with some trains even having a family car with a play corner (including a slide!), where children can enjoy themselves and make new friends. Some of the X2000 trains are double-deckers, making your site-seeing journey in Sweden even more enjoyable.
Note: No SJ trains will be running between Denmark and Sweden as of 4th January 2016 due to the introduction of a new law on ID control for travellers going to Sweden.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the X2000 train in Sweden include Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
|Stockholm – Gothenburg||3h|
|Stockholm – Sundsvall||3h 15|
|Stockholm – Malmö||4h 15|
|Stockholm – Copenhagen||5h 15|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Your X2000 train ticket gives you access to the SJ Lounge at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station.If you travelling on the high speed X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, you can hop off at other destinations on the way. X2000 trains depart almost every other hour.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. All you'll need is your e-ticket # (found on your confirmation email). Please note: there may be multiple e-ticket # for your itinerary.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
Q.Can I get off the train for a few hours and then get back on later that day if I'm holding a train ticket?A. A ticket that does not include a reservation for a specific train, does allow you to get on and off the train as much as you would like provided that your journey is completed within 2 months. Most tickets now include the reservations within the ticket, and do not permit the traveler to hop on or off the train If you are looking for more freedom to hop on and off the train, a railpass would be the best choice.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
- A. In some cases. Normally, your bicycle must be boxed and placed in a separate car, or it might have to be transported on a separate train. Extra charges may apply, and you must arrange bike transport locally. Bikes are allowed as checked luggage on the EC, IC, ICE, and TGV trains. The bike must be wrapped, with the wheels and pedals detached, and the handlebars parallel to the frame.
- A. With most passes the pass will start the when you get your pass validated by a rail official.
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 10/12/2015
answered | Posted by Mohamed E. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/11/2015
answered | Posted by talia z. | Comments 9 | Created: 18/11/2015
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/11/2015
answered | Posted by Ng C. | Comments 2 | Created: 04/11/2015
Reviews & ratings Swedish Day trains
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
- "good trip" Yan p. 20/09/2016
I left my paper ticket at home in China. After checking with online service lady, she emphasized again and again that I must purchase a new ticket. However after I got on the train, I explained to the conductor and showed to her the ticket picture and my booking information from Rail Europe app, she acknowledged it and also found my information in her system. Pls train you service people with the correct knowledge, and the care on customer. Value for money Convenience
- "Tickets forgotten, not replace" Luis s. 13/09/2016
Unfortunately I had forgotten the tickets at home, and they couldn't be replaced at the trains station, or printed, so I had to travel with copies. Fortunately, the train guards were flexible enough, but I was scared for a while. Value for money Convenience
- "take train instead of plane" Didier d. 15/08/2016
In a trip to visit Copenhagen and Stockholm we came and went back by plane but chose train to move from one city to the other one in order to see better the countryside. The confort etc. were fine but at the end a lot of forest, very nice but a bit boring for a 5 hours trip. And not cheaper than plane. Anyway a nice trip and I would chose the train again. Value for money Convenience
- "Very comfortable and quick.." Karina Silvia p. 01/08/2016
We bought the tickets online and as there was a misunderstand in the address they contact me by email for more details. I received the tickets in my country within few days after the buying. In Stockholm, we arrived early just not to risk getting mistaken or miss the train. We waited for the train which arrived on time. We got on the vagon and took the seats that were indicated on the tickets. The 4hrs of the journey passed so quickly that I didnt realized. We took food with us to eat. The train had comfortable stace for the legs and some racks to put the luggage near the doors. We could you use the wifi provided by the train. Very nice experience. ! Value for money Convenience
- "Seating a problem" Robin m. 29/07/2016
The train service was efficient and pleasant. The disappointing aspect was that when booking through Rail Europe we were unable to specify seat selection . The reason we chose to travel by rail was to see the Swedish countryside. The seats we were allocated were not window seats so we missed seeing the countryside. The train was full and seats cannot be swopped. Next time we will book through a different operator which allows seat selection. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable train" Ravindra k. 29/07/2016
We took the train to Copenhagen from Stockholm. It was a comfortable experience. However it would have been nicer if announcements were also made in English. Also, given that we were traveling in first class, food should have been made available free of cost - especially because it is a very long journey! Otherwise a good experience. Convenience
- "great timetable and hospitalit" Manal a. 23/07/2016
we used the early train 9:00 am despite our ticket should be at 12:00 pm.when we asked the train staff if we could ride the early one they greed. Value for money Convenience
- "fine journey" Ka Yee c. 15/07/2016
it was a fine journey. the train arrived on time and departed on time. the train offered wifi which is an excellent service as I could surf the Net on the train. Value for money Convenience
- "Rattel" Sasson g. 10/07/2016
We were asked to exchange station and to drive to the airport to take the train to Stockholm, It was a big rumble and very uncomfortable. If we knew that from the start that we may invite this train. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable, convenient" Swee Aun t. 07/07/2016
The overall train journey back Value for money Convenience
- "Train to Ostersund from Stock." Joanne r. 05/07/2016
This was a very comfortable trip with beautiful scenery out the windows- wonderful! Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent Choice" Bethany Ann c. 08/04/2016
My first train trip in Sweden, from Stockholm to Gothenburg, was comfortable, clean, and quiet. With a table, charging sockets, and a large window the travel was very enjoyable. Value for money Convenience
- "Feedback of trip." Zhi Hong l. 18/10/2015
Actually, it was the first time I take the Europe trains. It was much comfortable than China. However, During this trip. The free wifi is not consistent. When I use the internet to watch movie, it always break. So maybe you can improve your internet stability. Others are well enough. Thanks. Value for money Convenience
- "Everything was nice" Paul g. 22/09/2015
These is absolutely nothing no mention. Train arrived on time, we got our seats and had an amazing trip trough Sweden until we arrived nearly on time in sweden. Train was clean, employees friendly, nice nice! Value for money Convenience
- "Oslo to Stockholm" Karen l. 13/08/2015
Oslo train station is very easy to navigate as well as Stockholms. The business class coach was very comfortable and had plenty of room. If you are traveling with large pieces of luggage make sure to get there early so you can get on first and get your luggage stored. The trains are definitely the way to travel through Europe. Value for money Convenience