TERFrance : SNCF
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
TER are regional trains operating in France. They are also commonly known as local trains. TER stands for Transport Express Régional in French. The trains are operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. Seat reservations are not mandatory on board TERs. Travelling on board a TER is the most authentic way to discover the hidden gems of France.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Chalons En Champagne||Paris||01:33||€ 27|
|La Ferte-bernard||Paris||01:52||€ 27|
|Paris||Orry La Ville Coy||00:17||€ 9|
|Nogent Le Rotrou||Paris||01:39||€ 24|
|Paris||Le Mans||02:17||€ 31|
|Chatel Censoir||Paris||02:19||€ 32|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
Before you board
All major cities and thousands of smaller towns are served by the TER regional trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Maps are provided with many multiple country passes and some single country passes. We have online maps for planning on our site.
- A. A youth pass is valid for any traveler who is 25 years of age and younger.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. You can use your Swiss pass in the whole Swiss Travel System: in all trains, Postbuses, ships, buses and even trams.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
Q. If I'm traveling through a country not included on Eurail Select Pass, can I add that country to the pass?A. Passes are only valid for travel in the countries covered by that particular pass. If you travel through a country not included on your pass, you'll need to purchase an additional ticket for that part of the trip. For example, if you travel from Germany to Italy through Austria, Austria is not a country on your Eurail Select Pass and will not be covered; you must purchase an additional ticket. If you have not purchased your pass please view our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager.
answered | Posted by Prem M. | Comments 1 | Created: 24/09/2016
answered | Posted by Henry S. | Comments 2 | Created: 19/09/2016
answered | Posted by Clarence S. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
Can i get a rail ticket for 9 cities once ? : amsterdam --> brussels --> paris --> zurich --> vienna --> prague --> berlin --> (...)Can I get a rail ticket for 9 cities once ? : Amsterdam --> Brussels --> Paris --> Zurich --> Vienna --> Prague --> Berlin --> (...)
answered | Posted by Rumesh R. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2016
Traveling from munich to zwolle using eurail select pass but cant find any available tickets. is this the wrong pass to select? i (...)I was trying to see the times available on 9/24 but am receiving this notification, The fares you requested are not available with (...)
answered | Posted by Teresa V. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/09/2016
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Never was on the train." . 25/09/2016
I didn't arrive in Europe until Sept. 02. I broke my leg two days later and returned to the USA. I cancelled the reservations on the phone and on the net. I returned the printed out tickets to you at the address in the USA as requested. You received your Tickets two days ago and acknowledged receipt yesterday. I'm waiting for you to credit my charge card. Olease let me know if you have any further questions. This IS NOT a negative review - every time I have contacted your company I've been treated with respect and professionalism and all your personnel have done everything they could to help me - I WILL use yourservice when I return to Europe next year. - Thank you
- "Trip" . 18/09/2016
Hi great trip but train 40 minutes late.
- "Busy train.." Alison p. 17/09/2016
Train was on time, ran smoothly and was v. comfortable for the trip. It took 2 stops before my friend and I could get 2 seats together as the train was very busy and we did not have booked seats... Overall the experience was fine and I would recommend French trains, based on this experience. Value for money Convenience
- "First Class? Class 1?" Bruce d. 17/09/2016
Although our tickets showed Class 1, there was no Class 1 carriage so hope we did not pay a Class 1 fare. Departure and arrival on time. Trip somewhat spoilt by 2 noisy women! Rather than fight our way through metro with heavy bags took a taxi between stations. Enough time was allowed but wouldn't have liked to have had less as Paris traffic unpredictable. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Grenoble" Aphinya k. 15/09/2016
The train is very good, clean, and big. However, there were 2 mothers and few of their children who ran around the train and make noise for the whole journey. I was with my 2 big luggage and my heavy bag so I wasn't able to move to another coach. I know it wasn't the train's fault but I just want someone to take care of these things too. Those mothers just sit and chill, they don't even have some respect to other passengers. I was so annoyed. Value for money Convenience
- "plane was 5 hours late" Martha h. 14/09/2016
so I had to buy another train ticket 24 euros from machine...no way at a crowded Bordeaux station to find out if my ticket would have been accepted...queues everywhere and the helpers in red uniforms did not know Value for money Convenience
- "Dijon to Lyon and return" Nigel n. 12/09/2016
Overall a very good satisfying journey. Ticket collection easy and straightforward and trains more or less on time. I will use rail on this and similar trips every time. Value for money Convenience
- "Leg 3 of my mini adventure" Norrie b. 10/09/2016
A journey on my own made so easy and comfortable. Great ticket system and station signage made it all very easy, and such a beautifully scenic journey. TER fabulous Value for money Convenience
- "Another memorable train ride" Kate Hwa t. 09/09/2016
There was a break of two hours in Nimes so my family had lunch at a cafe Pau. When we finished and about to leave I found my luggage bag was not with the rest of the luggages. Panic struck. I went searching around the station looking for it. Then I went to Info window and was most relieved when I saw my bag there on the floor. The lady at the window handed over the bag and say in words in french which I could not understand but I think it would be about leaving luggages unattended. In my mind I would have asked where did they found my bag but it did not matter then for I got my luggage bag back. Though my bag was rummaged through nothing was missing except my box of brownies biscuit. My family and I had no complaints about the train ride on TER. It was pleasant, comfortable and scenic short ride to Avignon. Value for money Convenience
- "Awesome experience but no wifi" Amy p. 08/09/2016
We loved our train experience - comfortable seats, good connections, but surprised that there was no wifi given two years ago every train in Italy had wifi access. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable travel" Brian t. 07/09/2016
Just love the fast trains,what a way to watch the world rush by Value for money Convenience
- "Train and Taxi" Roy a. 03/09/2016
The ride was just fine. Bathrooms where clean, people and staff where very nice and the train was very nice!! Value for money Convenience
- "Summer vacation trip" . 01/09/2016
As a foreign traveller not knowing French, it was a little bit difficult to know the next station. Otherwise the trip was comfortable and according to time table.
- "Very Inconvenient Paper-ticket" Yu-ping h. 29/08/2016
To have a early-bird ticket price, we had booked this trip 2 months before the departure date. However, unlike our other trip (eg. Madrid to Barcelona), which accessed us to the convenient E-tickets in pdf files, this trip ONLY granted us the paper-tickets. Unfortunately, owing to the inconvenient ticketing form, we lost our tickets just before the departure date. And the agency told us there was no other way to fix it but to re-book our tickets! This terrible experience cost lots of our time and money! Value for money Convenience
- "Unexpected train transfer" Curtis f. 29/08/2016
The train did not permit reservations, but there were plenty of seats available. Unfortunately, when nearing our destination, we were required to get off the train and catch another train. Don't know why. Value for money Convenience