TGVFrance : SNCF
- Paris - Nice: 05:36
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV, high speed trains, connecting 1,400 destinations in France.
The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse, in French) is the literal translation of high speed train. The TGV is the flagship of modern trains in France and Europe. It can travel at a speed of up to 320 km/h. The TGV is the fastest way to reach hundreds of destinations in France, in a short travel period. Operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, the TGV also goes beyond the borders of France. More than 130 million passengers take the TGV every year.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris – Reims||0 h 45|
|Paris – Nantes||2 h 01|
|Paris – Strasbourg||2 h 20|
|Paris – Avignon||2 h 40|
|Lille – Lyon||2 h 55|
|Paris – Bordeaux||3 h 00|
|Paris CDG – Marseille||3 h 34|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Nice||06:35||€ 105|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Brussels||01:13||€ 81|
|Avignon||Paris Cdg Airport||03:10||€ 30|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Lyon||01:59||€ 25|
|Marseille||Paris Cdg Airport||03:47||€ 30|
|Bordeaux||Paris Cdg Airport||04:10||€ 37|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Want to travel in the comfort of a spacious train and visit France? No need to rack your brains. TGV trains are the flagship of French rail as they offer an exciting experience on board at top speed touching 320 km/h.
Experience the service
Before you board
Many of the TGV stations are architecturally outstanding and modern.A reservation is needed to travel on board all TGV, the high speed French trains.
Make sure to validate your ticket using the yellow stamp machines on the platforms before you board the train.
There are usually two steps up to the carriage so make sure you can lift your luggage, or find a friendly passenger to help.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Family area Seats are separated from the rest of the compartment, with foldable table and space for kids. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. For holders of a 1st class Plus ticket only. small>|
Travel in style aboard TGV trains
- Fashion king Christian Lacroix designed the interiors of the newest TGV trains, so expect to be impressed.
Suddenly you see!
- On some routes, the double-decker TGV Duplex trains offer an even better view of the passing countryside whilst at high speed.
Aboard TGV trains, comfort is not a legend
- With the TGV, only the train goes at high speed: you travel in peace and quiet with your family and benefit from the comfort of large seats and all of the services onboard. Upgrade to First class!
TGV trains offer the comfort of two travel classes to cater to your different needs. No wonder if after this experience, you will not feel like boarding a plane for short journeys anymore….
Interactive Rail Map
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
answered | Posted by Daniel N. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/08/2016
answered | Posted by AJAY S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/08/2016
answered | Posted by Noa S. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/07/2016
answered | Posted by Senthilkumar M. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2016
answered | Posted by edward p. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/07/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV
Overall rating (1783)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 35% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 3%
- "Better than British Railways" William George Donald s. 25/08/2016
So much better than travelling on British Railways. Fast, clean, and much much better value. Value for money Convenience
- "France holiday" Cristina r. 24/08/2016
excellent pleasant trip Value for money Convenience
- ":)" . 23/08/2016
The trip is very comfortable. Everything is OK. In future I always choice trip by raileurope. Thank you :)
- "AIX EN PROV TGV" Dirk v. 23/08/2016
I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE PUNCTUALITY OF THE TRAIN AS WELL AS THE CLEANLINESS. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel with Rail Europe" Milton e. 23/08/2016
We found this service to be excellent, the train was clean, comfortable and the ride very smooth. Information on departure times, boarding and gates was very clear and we were able to easily access the train. We would certainly recommend the service to family and friends. Value for money Convenience
- "cross country in Northern Fran" Vanda m. 22/08/2016
Unfortunately the allocated seats were facing backwards, this was disappointing as it is our girst visit ti France Value for money Convenience
- "Paris - Ruffec" Monique a. 22/08/2016
A really easy trip back from Paris back into rural France. Travelling with my 7 year old daughter. Ample space on the train for luggage and all on time. Locals on the train explained that there is talk that Ruffec will no longer be a stop on the TGV journey. This would be terrible if it happened. Lots of people use this stop. Value for money Convenience
- "The only way." Joseph g. 21/08/2016
This is the most comfortable system in the world. Value for money Convenience
- "Great Trip" Julian f. 20/08/2016
Fantastic, smooth, fast, comfortable way to effortlessly get from Bordeaux to Paris! We noted that only the last hour from Tours is truly "high" speed at 300kph, with the rest limited by rails to about 160!! So fast!! Value for money Convenience
- "Need to improve the speed" Fuk Chun y. 19/08/2016
I traveled almost 4 hours from Avignon Center to Paris Gare Lyon with this train. Apparently, this northbound train's facilities are different from southbound train which i took previously, from Paris Gare Lyon to Avignon Center. This train look old fashioned and lack of USB power charger (Forgive me if i was wrong about it. Maybe some other seating area equips with power charge devices which i am not beware of). And its travelling speed is terrible slow. Good thing is it is quite convenience for me directly travelling from Avignon Center to Paris Gare Lyon station without intermediate transfer. Value for money Convenience
- "A Perfect Trip" Scott b. 17/08/2016
As a non-French speaker, I was gratified by how easy it was to book the trip and to have my questions answered by SNCF staff at the ticket counters, since many of the agents speak English. As with all of my rail travel in France, the train departed and arrived precisely on time, was very comfortable, and the TGV service was a fun experience and a great value. Thank you! Value for money Convenience
- "Very easy and relaxing journey" Yvonne l. 17/08/2016
The train was comfortable, clean and on time. All facilities were there. I really enjoyed the trip. The view was also wonderful! Value for money Convenience
- "Fine trip" John c. 17/08/2016
Staff were very helpful by guiding where to stand on platform before trains arrival, positioning for correct carriage. Journey was comfortable, without incident and on time. Value for money Convenience
- "First class seat experience" Ka Yee c. 15/08/2016
The 1st class seat I had from Paris to Bordeaux is actually back and back and front to front seat facing each other. Not as comfortable as I expected as you're sharing your leg room with the passenger sitting opposite you. Value for money Convenience
- "First time in France" Weng Hong c. 15/08/2016
We needed to head out to Avignon after arriving in Paris. We had a very good deal for the tickets as we booked early and the journey was comfortable. Value for money Convenience