TGVFrance : SNCF
Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Paris - Nice: 05:36
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV, high speed trains, connecting 1,400 destinations in France.
The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse, in French) is the literal translation of high speed train. The TGV is the flagship of modern trains in France and Europe. It can travel at a speed of up to 320 km/h. The TGV is the fastest way to reach hundreds of destinations in France, in a short travel period. Operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, the TGV also goes beyond the borders of France. More than 130 million passengers take the TGV every year.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris – Reims||0 h 45|
|Paris – Nantes||2 h 01|
|Paris – Strasbourg||2 h 20|
|Paris – Avignon||2 h 40|
|Lille – Lyon||2 h 55|
|Paris – Bordeaux||3 h 00|
|Paris CDG – Marseille||3 h 34|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Nice||06:35||€ 105|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Brussels||01:13||€ 81|
|Avignon||Paris Cdg Airport||03:10||€ 30|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Lyon||01:59||€ 25|
|Marseille||Paris Cdg Airport||03:47||€ 30|
|Bordeaux||Paris Cdg Airport||04:10||€ 37|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Want to travel in the comfort of a spacious train and visit France? No need to rack your brains. TGV trains are the flagship of French rail as they offer an exciting experience on board at top speed touching 320 km/h.
Experience the service
Before you board
Many of the TGV stations are architecturally outstanding and modern.A reservation is needed to travel on board all TGV, the high speed French trains.
Make sure to validate your ticket using the yellow stamp machines on the platforms before you board the train.
There are usually two steps up to the carriage so make sure you can lift your luggage, or find a friendly passenger to help.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Family area Seats are separated from the rest of the compartment, with foldable table and space for kids. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. For holders of a 1st class Plus ticket only. small>|
Travel in style aboard TGV trains
- Fashion king Christian Lacroix designed the interiors of the newest TGV trains, so expect to be impressed.
Suddenly you see!
- On some routes, the double-decker TGV Duplex trains offer an even better view of the passing countryside whilst at high speed.
Aboard TGV trains, comfort is not a legend
- With the TGV, only the train goes at high speed: you travel in peace and quiet with your family and benefit from the comfort of large seats and all of the services onboard. Upgrade to First class!
TGV trains offer the comfort of two travel classes to cater to your different needs. No wonder if after this experience, you will not feel like boarding a plane for short journeys anymore….
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
answered | Posted by Noa S. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/07/2016
answered | Posted by Senthilkumar M. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2016
answered | Posted by edward p. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/07/2016
answered | Posted by Ali a. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/07/2016
answered | Posted by Michael B. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/07/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV
Overall rating (1783)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 35% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 3%
- "Nice - Toulon" Freddie e. 26/07/2016
Great journey, and amazing quiet trains and great service from the train guards made it very easy. Highly recommended. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Bordeaux" Daisy c. 25/07/2016
I had a lot of trouble buying my tickets online. Tickets that are not available should not be shown for selection on the site. Our premier seats were underwhelming. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfort way to see Europe" Hendrik b. 25/07/2016
From when we made the booking until the end of the trip, we enjoyed every moment. No hassles, easy to use and a comfortable trip. We enjoyed every moment Value for money Convenience
- "Room for Baggage" Wiwan u. 25/07/2016
This is my first experience with train in France. Room for big luggage is less than I expected. Value for money Convenience
- "Wi-Fi? " Knut e. 24/07/2016
The service was excellent, but we really missed Wi-Fi connection. Especially on 1st Class. Anyway, thanks for very convenient trip! Value for money Convenience
- "Train rides" Paul k. 24/07/2016
Needed more luggage space, coach numbers should be marked better, seats need to replaced with more comfortable ones Value for money Convenience
- "Luxembourg trip" Mark o. 23/07/2016
Love the convenience and ease of train travel. I like have assigned seats except when seats face each other. The leg room is a bit tight when facing another passenger. The train was clean and well kept and had plenty of space for luggage. Great way to travel. Value for money Convenience
- "PARIS EST - STRASBOURG" Manjit g. 22/07/2016
Timely and fast travel. Expected more from First Class though. Not enough luggage storage space. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Tung l. 22/07/2016
Everything is good for us. Value for money Convenience
- "High Speed Marseille to Paris" David a. 21/07/2016
Wonderful to see the French countryside as we sped to Paris. I would say the experience was very good, though I thought the website said there was a buffet in First Class though there was not. Perhaps I read it wrong. First class was not much more so no big deal. I am from Canada and the days of train travel in that country have been rendered obsolete due to the size of the country and plane travel so for me this was like a step back in time. Value for money Convenience
- "Magnificent " Sarel Francois k. 21/07/2016
We enjoyed the very fast trip. Thank you. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy to find?" Ole Kristian g. 21/07/2016
The entrance were, but the correct seat no. Every country has its way of showing seat number. This was hard to find here. Value for money Convenience
- "Markings of the Coaches" Deon s. 21/07/2016
I would suggest you mark the coaches more clearly. We were booked in Coach 1, when we asked the guy on the platform he said we would see the numbers, We did not, so assuming Coach 1 would be in front we got in that coach. We could not find our seats, so we just sat where we found place. After speaking to other people we found out where the markings are and found out that our coach was way at the back. Never the less, we traveled to our destination quick and easy. Value for money Convenience
- "Was punctual" Jorge h. 20/07/2016
The personal stuff is very professional and kind. Value for money Convenience
- "TGV" . 19/07/2016
Very comfortable, train punctual and toilets lovely and clean. Only drawback was the difficulty o gettin luggage to upstairs carriages/ stowing luggage.