TGVFrance : SNCF
- Paris - Nice: 05:36
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV, high speed trains, connecting 1,400 destinations in France.
The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse, in French) is the literal translation of high speed train. The TGV is the flagship of modern trains in France and Europe. It can travel at a speed of up to 320 km/h. The TGV is the fastest way to reach hundreds of destinations in France, in a short travel period. Operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, the TGV also goes beyond the borders of France. More than 130 million passengers take the TGV every year.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris – Reims||0 h 45|
|Paris – Nantes||2 h 01|
|Paris – Strasbourg||2 h 20|
|Paris – Avignon||2 h 40|
|Lille – Lyon||2 h 55|
|Paris – Bordeaux||3 h 00|
|Paris CDG – Marseille||3 h 34|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Nice||06:35||€ 105|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Brussels||01:13||€ 81|
|Avignon||Paris Cdg Airport||03:10||€ 30|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Lyon||01:59||€ 25|
|Marseille||Paris Cdg Airport||03:47||€ 30|
|Bordeaux||Paris Cdg Airport||04:10||€ 37|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Want to travel in the comfort of a spacious train and visit France? No need to rack your brains. TGV trains are the flagship of French rail as they offer an exciting experience on board at top speed touching 320 km/h.
Experience the service
Before you board
Many of the TGV stations are architecturally outstanding and modern.A reservation is needed to travel on board all TGV, the high speed French trains.
Make sure to validate your ticket using the yellow stamp machines on the platforms before you board the train.
There are usually two steps up to the carriage so make sure you can lift your luggage, or find a friendly passenger to help.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Family area Seats are separated from the rest of the compartment, with foldable table and space for kids. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. For holders of a 1st class Plus ticket only. small>|
Travel in style aboard TGV trains
- Fashion king Christian Lacroix designed the interiors of the newest TGV trains, so expect to be impressed.
Suddenly you see!
- On some routes, the double-decker TGV Duplex trains offer an even better view of the passing countryside whilst at high speed.
Aboard TGV trains, comfort is not a legend
- With the TGV, only the train goes at high speed: you travel in peace and quiet with your family and benefit from the comfort of large seats and all of the services onboard. Upgrade to First class!
TGV trains offer the comfort of two travel classes to cater to your different needs. No wonder if after this experience, you will not feel like boarding a plane for short journeys anymore….
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
answered | Posted by OSNAT T. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2016
answered | Posted by Angelie T. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/09/2016
answered | Posted by STEPHEN D. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/09/2016
answered | Posted by gideon u. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/08/2016
answered | Posted by tess c. | Comments 2 | Created: 29/08/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV
Overall rating (1783)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 35% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 3%
- "Over all" Radwan z. 27/09/2016
Excellent trip: confrortable, at time and no inconvenience at all Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent" . 26/09/2016
Thanks for the excellent journey and friendly staff - a great trip made easy for tourists.
- "HOLIDAY" Christopher b. 26/09/2016
We arrived early and sought the information desk as we are not accustomed to travel by train in France .The person at the information desk was helpful . Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Marseille" Kiri a. 26/09/2016
Great trip, fast, efficient and the seats were really comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Ile du Re via La Roch" Theo v. 25/09/2016
Lovely trip. Train was very comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "paris to rennes" Zhi Xian l. 25/09/2016
I like this trip. The service staff was patient to deal with my problem, one of the armrest was partly impaired. Also, the back of the chair cannot be adjusted. It was a little bit uncomfortable as we had three hours to get to the destination. And the sign of the car is not clear enough for people taking TGV for the first time. Except the problems I met, overall, the trip was good. Value for money Convenience
- "Never was on the train." . 25/09/2016
I didn't arrive in Europe until Sept. 02. I broke my leg two days later and returned to the USA. I cancelled the reservations on the phone and on the net. I returned the printed out tickets to you at the address in the USA as requested. You received your Tickets two days ago and acknowledged receipt yesterday. I'm waiting for you to credit my charge card. Please let me know if you have any further questions. This IS NOT a negative review - every time I have contacted your company I've been treated with respect and professionalism and all your personnel have done everything they could to help me - I WILL use yourservice when I return to Europe next year. - Thank you
- "A pleasing journey" Allan w. 24/09/2016
We travelled from Agen to Bordeaux St.Jean which took about one hour. The train was punctual, clean and comfortable. We did pay the extra for first class and have no complaints at all. Value for money Convenience
- "South of France adventure" Pamela Jane b. 23/09/2016
The train was clean, but the furnishings were tired. We booked separately because we changed our plans. We were not able to sit on the same level, let alone together, in the same carriage. Someone was sitting in my reserved seat instead of the one that she had reserved. I found another. We were surprised that the train was not patrolled much by staff and this made us anxious about the security of our luggage. We expected heightened vigilence. Value for money Convenience
- "excellent " Ramesh Kumar s. 23/09/2016
service was excellent / information wise good-english version to be added Value for money Convenience
- "crossing Paris " . 21/09/2016
train trip very good overall and much easier to get luggage onto train now. Found it quite difficult to cross from Paris Nord to Montparnasse on metro with heavy suitcase as a lot of stairs . People were very kind about helping but would recommend taxi unless light luggage only.
- "Relaxing way to travel" Pamela j. 21/09/2016
We traveled first class in what was to be a "quiet" car, but there was a child that cried non-stop for the 2 hour trip and a group of three adults who were also not respecting the silence. Otherwise we enjoyed the experience tremendously. We will plan our future vacations to include the train more often and the automobile much less. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Anne t. 20/09/2016
Very comfortable train, nice buffet car, air conditioned easy to find the train , easy to board , a nice way to travel Frnce. We went for Paris to Avignon and found it a perfect way to get where we wanted to be. Would book again in the future. Value for money Convenience
- "Amazing!" Rishav v. 20/09/2016
it was a comfortable journey. only that had there been a display on the coming stations, it would have been more convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "An excellent train service" Lyndon m. 19/09/2016
Train services on the continent are excellent especially when compared with the UK - in frequency, comfort and cost. The service was very good. Value for money Convenience