TGVFrance : SNCF
- Paris - Nice: 05:36
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
TGV, high speed trains, connecting 1,400 destinations in France.
The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse, in French) is the literal translation of high speed train. The TGV is the flagship of modern trains in France and Europe. It can travel at a speed of up to 320 km/h. The TGV is the fastest way to reach hundreds of destinations in France, in a short travel period. Operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, the TGV also goes beyond the borders of France. More than 130 million passengers take the TGV every year.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris – Reims||0 h 45|
|Paris – Nantes||2 h 01|
|Paris – Strasbourg||2 h 20|
|Paris – Avignon||2 h 40|
|Lille – Lyon||2 h 55|
|Paris – Bordeaux||3 h 00|
|Paris CDG – Marseille||3 h 34|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Nice||06:35||€ 105|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Brussels||01:13||€ 81|
|Avignon||Paris Cdg Airport||03:10||€ 30|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Lyon||01:59||€ 25|
|Marseille||Paris Cdg Airport||03:47||€ 30|
|Bordeaux||Paris Cdg Airport||04:10||€ 37|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Want to travel in the comfort of a spacious train and visit France? No need to rack your brains. TGV trains are the flagship of French rail as they offer an exciting experience on board at top speed touching 320 km/h.
Experience the service
Many of the TGV stations are architecturally outstanding and modern.A reservation is needed to travel on board all TGV, the high speed French trains.
Make sure to validate your ticket using the yellow stamp machines on the platforms before you board the train.
There are usually two steps up to the carriage so make sure you can lift your luggage, or find a friendly passenger to help.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Family area Seats are separated from the rest of the compartment, with foldable table and space for kids. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. For holders of a 1st class Plus ticket only. small>|
Travel in style aboard TGV trains
- Fashion king Christian Lacroix designed the interiors of the newest TGV trains, so expect to be impressed.
Suddenly you see!
- On some routes, the double-decker TGV Duplex trains offer an even better view of the passing countryside whilst at high speed.
Aboard TGV trains, comfort is not a legend
- With the TGV, only the train goes at high speed: you travel in peace and quiet with your family and benefit from the comfort of large seats and all of the services onboard. Upgrade to First class!
TGV trains offer the comfort of two travel classes to cater to your different needs. No wonder if after this experience, you will not feel like boarding a plane for short journeys anymore….
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
answered | Posted by Bianca Z. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Devender S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016
answered | Posted by Collette K. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/11/2016
answered | Posted by Suk Y. | Comments 1 | Created: 26/10/2016
answered | Posted by Damia D. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/10/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV
Overall rating (1783)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 35% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 3%
- "Excellent value for money" Anel s. 06/12/2016
Thank you, I had a great trip, excellent value for money and very convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "Provençal Trip" Lorna e. 04/12/2016
TGV was, as always pretty good, but had to get off train at Avignon TGV to take train to Avignon Central, as friends were picking us up at Central and could'nt contact them. Left my presents on floor of train as was so exhausted from days travel. Very sad and disappointed at end of the day. Value for money Convenience
- "GREAT EXPERIENCE" Rosyanti r. 02/12/2016
We loved to travel by train from Paris to Mulhouse. The train was really on time and comfy. We enjoyed the adorable view from this train. We were so lucky to have the discount tickets. Hope we can be travel by train again to discover Europe. See you next. Value for money Convenience
- "TGV Rocks!" Janet h. 01/12/2016
The gold standard for rail travel! Value for money Convenience
- "Pleasant Trip" April Mol s. 01/12/2016
The 1 hour trip via the train from Paris to Reims was good. However I wish it would have been good if there were some space to push your big baggage. It wouldn't go in the overhead compartments. Many who take the train are tourists and will have a 18'' inch suitcase. Value for money Convenience
- "First time travelers on train" James k. 30/11/2016
We purchased round trip tickets on line. The price ended up Being very good compared to buying at station. Everything was on schedule. My suggestion is that you include in the printed ticket that the carriage #is digital in the window of the carriage and not painted on the outside as we thought. The on line site is simple to use and we received a prompt response in English to an emailed question. Thank you Value for money Convenience
- "FRANCE TRIP" Avtar Singh g. 30/11/2016
Amazing train, always on time both ways. Clean and fast. Highly recommended Value for money Convenience
- "good trip" Erin b. 22/11/2016
my trip out was a good one - comfortable seats, space to store large luggage and relatively fast. Value for money Convenience
- "exciting journey" Larisa k. 20/11/2016
It was an exciting trip, especially my dauther likes it. We live in the North of Norway and we are so tired of planes...We wil travel again like this NeXT year. Value for money Convenience
- "Very good " . 18/11/2016
- "Like this trip" Ruslan s. 18/11/2016
We liked that trip on the train. Comfortable seat, fast boarding and trip. The coach was clean and in good condition. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Reims" Theresa O. p. 17/11/2016
Train travel in France is very predictable. Trains are extremely punctual. You can totally count on the timing. Seats are comfortable and accessible. It is a very good value. Value for money Convenience
- "Great Experience" Zachary l. 15/11/2016
The rail system was great. Convenient, relaxing and fast! Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoyable first trip on TGV!" Marjorie m. 14/11/2016
We were satisfied with our train ride to Poitiers. The only complaint I would have is with the luggage compartment as it was SO cramped. Too many bags not enough space! Value for money Convenience
- "Very good.Convenience" . 13/11/2016
This is my second trip to Lourdes by train .its great and I will recommend it to any one.