TGVFrance : SNCF
Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Paris - Nice: 05:36
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV, high speed trains, connecting 1,400 destinations in France.
The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse, in French) is the literal translation of high speed train. The TGV is the flagship of modern trains in France and Europe. It can travel at a speed of up to 320 km/h. The TGV is the fastest way to reach hundreds of destinations in France, in a short travel period. Operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, the TGV also goes beyond the borders of France. More than 130 million passengers take the TGV every year.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris – Reims||0 h 45|
|Paris – Nantes||2 h 01|
|Paris – Strasbourg||2 h 20|
|Paris – Avignon||2 h 40|
|Lille – Lyon||2 h 55|
|Paris – Bordeaux||3 h 00|
|Paris CDG – Marseille||3 h 34|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Nice||06:35||€ 105|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Brussels||01:13||€ 81|
|Avignon||Paris Cdg Airport||03:10||€ 30|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Lyon||01:59||€ 25|
|Marseille||Paris Cdg Airport||03:47||€ 30|
|Bordeaux||Paris Cdg Airport||04:10||€ 37|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Want to travel in the comfort of a spacious train and visit France? No need to rack your brains. TGV trains are the flagship of French rail as they offer an exciting experience on board at top speed touching 320 km/h.
Experience the service
Before you board
Many of the TGV stations are architecturally outstanding and modern.A reservation is needed to travel on board all TGV, the high speed French trains.
Make sure to validate your ticket using the yellow stamp machines on the platforms before you board the train.
There are usually two steps up to the carriage so make sure you can lift your luggage, or find a friendly passenger to help.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Family area Seats are separated from the rest of the compartment, with foldable table and space for kids. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. For holders of a 1st class Plus ticket only. small>|
Travel in style aboard TGV trains
- Fashion king Christian Lacroix designed the interiors of the newest TGV trains, so expect to be impressed.
Suddenly you see!
- On some routes, the double-decker TGV Duplex trains offer an even better view of the passing countryside whilst at high speed.
Aboard TGV trains, comfort is not a legend
- With the TGV, only the train goes at high speed: you travel in peace and quiet with your family and benefit from the comfort of large seats and all of the services onboard. Upgrade to First class!
TGV trains offer the comfort of two travel classes to cater to your different needs. No wonder if after this experience, you will not feel like boarding a plane for short journeys anymore….
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
answered | Posted by ESTHER U. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/06/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammed K. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/06/2016
answered | Posted by arnavaz h. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/06/2016
answered | Posted by Firdaus A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/06/2016
R you able to help me to fine a train ticket from paris to lille on 6 july, 2016 leaving paris c 4pmWhenever I try to book a ticket via internet from New Zealand, Paris to Lille, this year 2016 travelling in afternoon of Wednesday (...)
answered | Posted by Rosalind M. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/06/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV
Overall rating (1783)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 35% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 3%
- "Review" Prathap Nair v. 24/06/2016
I traveled form Paris to Avignon and back in June.Excellent journey I had.only problem was that my cab was waiting at Avignon TGV,whereas the train landed at Avignon Centre.This created some confusion.I took another cab from station and went to my Hotel.In total,Good service Value for money Convenience
- "Angers to Paris" David b. 22/06/2016
Train departure and arrival on time. Comfortable 1st class seats. To a neophyte of rail transport, it's difficult to understand prior to train arrival where to go to find the car that is yours. The TV screen provided didn't really do it - it turns out that the train is much longer than the TV screen rendering shows. Given that the train only stops for a minute or two, we found ourselves having to rush our luggage on board a car that was several down from ours. Value for money Convenience
- "So hard on luggage" Balbindar Kaur d. 22/06/2016
The train had two steps and I had to lug my suitcase and a haversack over them - that was so painful. Value for money Convenience
- "Customer validation check" Yuk Chiu w. 22/06/2016
Hi, I was very disappointed about the Raileurope to have my personal validation after I brought a ticket from your website with my credit card. Why would a customer check is required to buy a train ticket where the credit card had already validated myself already. The whole process took 3 days which is very in-efficient. Very bad experiences. regards, Wong Value for money Convenience
- "Overcrowding" . 22/06/2016
My journey to Avignon was good. But my return to Paris was bad. Other commuters were sitting on my seat. There is another commuter sharing seat with her child on here seat. This should not be allowed in first class. Due to this, the ride is not very comfortable.
- "senior citizen" Israel b. 21/06/2016
excellent Value for money Convenience
- "Great Service" David a. 20/06/2016
From receiving notifications on when I was allowed to book to the reminders of travel, easy, efficient and affordable... Value for money Convenience
- "Review" Asif Hasanbhai c. 20/06/2016
It was nice expérience. Value for money Convenience
- "Train timing was cancelled! " Jane Chew b. 20/06/2016
Travelling in a group of 10 people with train cancelled was absolutely not convenient at all. The timing that we booked initially was cancelled and we had to wait a long time, a few hours, for the next train. A waste of our time. There was no space for our luggage. Finally, we had no seats at all throughout the journey since many people are catching this train as well. Value for money Convenience
- "A pleasant trip" Hok Ming Sherman h. 19/06/2016
Trying to find my train was difficult. There was a lack of English signage, hence I didn't know where my train was located. Fortunately the staff, who knew basic English, at the Information Desk helped me. The train could be cleaner, there was chewing gum stuck on the lamp. Although I traveled in First Class, the seats are quite packed and I accidentally kicked the legs of the passenger in front of me. Value for money Convenience
- "Strikes and rude staff " David h. 19/06/2016
This trip didn't happen. It wasn't announced on the internet. At the rail station, I had to queue to find out what was happening. And it was suggested, by rather rude staff, that I could have a 'free' ticket the next day. Presumably to avoid any compensation, I was told I could sleep on the overnight train with a load of football supporters and then do another 5.30 hours journey the next day. I was lucky enough to have a friend to stay with instead. I have previously had good experience with fast, comfortable French trains; I will weigh up very carefully if I use them again. Value for money Convenience
- "it’s good" Pei Yu w. 19/06/2016
The seat is comfortable,and it's convenient to book the tickets on the Internet. Value for money Convenience
- "Quick and easy" Patrick c. 19/06/2016
Best way to travel through France with the TGV. It is quick and easy and gets you straight to your destination. Value for money Convenience
- "Rail strike!" . 18/06/2016
That pretty much says it all. Another comment is that the validation machine would not work on our tickets. We boarded hoping that notifying the conductor would be adequate. It was but the experience was unnecessarily stressful.
- "Terrible" . 18/06/2016
I did not take the trip as it was cancelled and nobody informed me about cancellation my trip was at night and no other train was going to dijon I had to call a relative to take me from airport and drive more than 2hours