TGVFrance : SNCF
Save € 30 with code EUROPE1737 - book 3 months in advance
Save € 20 with code EUROPE1721 - book 2 months in advance
Save € 10 with code EUROPE1705 - book 1 month in advance
- Paris - Nice: 05:36
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TGV, high speed trains, connecting 1,400 destinations in France.
The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse, in French) is the literal translation of high speed train. The TGV is the flagship of modern trains in France and Europe. It can travel at a speed of up to 320 km/h. The TGV is the fastest way to reach hundreds of destinations in France, in a short travel period. Operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, the TGV also goes beyond the borders of France. More than 130 million passengers take the TGV every year.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris – Reims||0 h 45|
|Paris – Nantes||2 h 01|
|Paris – Strasbourg||2 h 20|
|Paris – Avignon||2 h 40|
|Lille – Lyon||2 h 55|
|Paris – Bordeaux||3 h 00|
|Paris CDG – Marseille||3 h 34|
|Nice||Paris Cdg Airport||06:36||€ 113|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Brussels||01:13||€ 81|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Avignon||03:09||€ 40|
|Lyon||Paris Cdg Airport||02:01||€ 30|
|Marseille||Paris Cdg Airport||03:47||€ 30|
|Bordeaux||Paris Cdg Airport||04:10||€ 37|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Want to travel in the comfort of a spacious train and visit France? No need to rack your brains. TGV trains are the flagship of French rail as they offer an exciting experience on board at top speed touching 320 km/h.
Experience the service
Many of the TGV stations are architecturally outstanding and modern.A reservation is needed to travel on board all TGV, the high speed French trains.
Make sure to validate your ticket using the yellow stamp machines on the platforms before you board the train.
There are usually two steps up to the carriage so make sure you can lift your luggage, or find a friendly passenger to help.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Family area Seats are separated from the rest of the compartment, with foldable table and space for kids. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. For holders of a 1st class Plus ticket only. small>|
Travel in style aboard TGV trains
- Fashion king Christian Lacroix designed the interiors of the newest TGV trains, so expect to be impressed.
Suddenly you see!
- On some routes, the double-decker TGV Duplex trains offer an even better view of the passing countryside whilst at high speed.
Aboard TGV trains, comfort is not a legend
- With the TGV, only the train goes at high speed: you travel in peace and quiet with your family and benefit from the comfort of large seats and all of the services onboard. Upgrade to First class!
TGV trains offer the comfort of two travel classes to cater to your different needs. No wonder if after this experience, you will not feel like boarding a plane for short journeys anymore….
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
answered | Posted by Emma d. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/02/2017
answered | Posted by Gary F. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/02/2017
answered | Posted by Dean K. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2017
answered | Posted by Ana L. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/02/2017
answered | Posted by Nandakumar K. | Comments 2 | Created: 05/02/2017
Reviews & ratings TGV
Overall rating (1783)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 35% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 3%
- "Easy comfortable trip" Doris h. 24/01/2017
We took the train from Paris to Grenoble and it was very simple to get there and get back. It was a direct train and very comfortable. Booking was easy and I was able to do e-tickets. I would do it again.... Value for money Convenience
- "Lille to Paris CDG" Debashis c. 23/01/2017
Perfect hassle free trip. Absolute comfort and value for money. Great journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip but could be better" Matthew f. 19/01/2017
The train trip itself is great. You get to see a lot of the french countryside etc. It is stunning. The food on the train is surprisingly good. The only downfalls are: long lines for food (my wife got travel sick just waiting in line), and lack of storage space for bags. Other than these small inconveniences it was a great trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Good trip" Krishnaraj v. 15/01/2017
There were no hassles as such. We felt that the price of the tickets were high. Value for money Convenience
- "Christmas Market 2016" Jennifer Anne s. 12/01/2017
We had an enjoyable journey. The train was clean. The seats were comfortable and we even received a Christmas ornament from Santa Claus! Value for money Convenience
- "Day Excursion to Reims" Colin w. 07/01/2017
I really have no complaints about my journey which was quick, convenient and successful. Value for money Convenience
- "French Trains" Howard e. 03/01/2017
Seats booked in advance and no problems in this case. Seating was adequate and there were acceptable eating/drinking arrangements. Train left on time and arrived on time. No problems with tickets - not forgetting to validate tickets at the Paris Gare de Lyon station! Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable Ride to Paris" Cathe c. 03/01/2017
The ride to Paris was quick and very comfortable in the first class cabin. Because of the time of year, the price of the ticket was pretty high. However, any other time of year would make the cost much better and more worth it. Value for money Convenience
- "thank you your service" Khaled k. 28/12/2016
ُExcellent Trip,We will always be together for better service. Always for the better. Khaled Abdul Nasser Koubar Convenience
- "Excellent" Jane t. 26/12/2016
As usual the train journey was excellent. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent" Yunshiu l. 16/12/2016
We took the wrong train at the wrong station. But the captain still find a avalible seat for us. We really appreaciate that. Value for money Convenience
- "Strasbourgh to CDG via TGV" Richard j. 13/12/2016
Effortless travel to the airport; hoping there will be more trains available later in the morning in the future. Recommend that RailEurope notify the passengers at time of booking that their sits may be sitting in the opposite travel direction. Otherwise, a great way to get to the airport to avoid stopping in PARIS first and avoiding the 0ne hour taxi ride from the 6th to CDG, no matter what hour you plan to leave. Value for money Convenience
- "Christmas markets trip" Lesley c. 12/12/2016
The journey from Paris to Strasbourg was uneventful. Comfortable and fast! Thoroughly enjoyable! Value for money Convenience
- "Nice journey" Leif l. 09/12/2016
It took some time to make the actual booking but then everything was excellent. Nice breakfast even if the machine for credit cards didn't work. Value for money Convenience
- "1st TIME on TGV Railway" . 08/12/2016
I traveled 1st time on SPEED Train at Europe , which is symbol of advanced Technology. The ride from PARIS CDG to LAVAL was 2 Hrs 20 Mins . We travelled First class