- Paris - Zurich: 04:03
- Book early, save up to 50%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV Lyria, high speed trains connecting France and Switzerland, serving Paris, Lausanne, Interlaken etc.
TGV Lyria is operated by SNCF, the French national railway company and CFF, the Swiss national railway company. The high speed train links France and Switzerland. TGV Lyria enables you to reach Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva from Gare de Lyon in just a few hours. TGV Lyria will take you from France to major Swiss cities, ski resorts and lakes. The TGV Lyria will take you from Paris city center and major train stations to the snow white Swiss mountains in just a couple of hours. Breathtaking scenery is very much part of your journey. In the first class carriages, you will be able to relax by enjoying a peaceful break, reading a book, watching a movie on your iPad or just by laying back. While on board you can make a taxi reservation in Paris or buy subway tickets for Parisian metro, in the bar-buffet car.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The TGV Lyria links cities such as Paris or Dijon in France and/to cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich in Switzerland.
What’s new in 2015?
- Please note that the Geneva to Montpellier route has been discontinued in December 2014.
- A new daily return service from Brussels to Geneva, via Lille has been introduced in December 2014.
|Geneva||Aix En Provence Tgv||03:40||€ 55|
|Paris||Neuchatel (loc)||04:11||€ 40|
|Geneva||St Raphael||05:24||€ 79|
|Bourg En Bresse||Geneva||01:14||€ 28|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The Gare de Lyon railway station in Paris and the Swiss train stations have excellent connections with public transport system and taxis.
Passengers travelling from Zurich onboard the 1st class of the TGV Lyria, can use the CFF lounge where drinks, internet access, newspapers and magazines are available. You can use luggage lockers in the stations to avoid carrying your suitcases around with you.
The platform number is displayed only 20 minutes before the train departs.Make sure to check the corresponding platform number of your train before boarding.Please note that it is not permitted to board a train if it is not displayed.You do not have to check in before boarding. However make sure that you board your train at least 2 minutes before departure time. Access to trains cannot be guaranteed beyond 2 minutes before departure.
Keep your ticket, passport and any other travel documents handy. Ticket controllers will ask for those travel documents onboard of the TGV Lyria. Police and customs check will take place at national borders.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
First and Second class onboard the TGV Lyria
- First Class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served at your seat.*
- Taxi booking service is available onboard. No need to wait until your arrival to make a taxi booking.
- Second Class includes generous legroom, bar buffer car with a wide selection of meals and beverages.
The TGV Lyriapremière service, a class above
- The Lyriapremière Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Metro tickets onboard
- Buy tickets for the Paris metro onboard. They are available for sale at the bar buffet car.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
answered | Posted by AJAY S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/08/2016
answered | Posted by Senthilkumar M. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2016
answered | Posted by edward p. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/07/2016
answered | Posted by Ali a. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/07/2016
We will be starting from interlaken west in the morning to reach paris in the afternoon. is it advisable to connect at bern or (...)[ol][li]We will be starting from Interlaken West in the morning to reach Paris in the afternoon. Is it advisable to connect at (...)
answered | Posted by PRAVEER S. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/07/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV Lyria
Overall rating (384)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
- "Superb Travel" Sreekanth p. 23/08/2016
It was amazing to travel in this train. Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoyable " Mohamed h. 23/08/2016
I really enjoyed a very smooth trip , timing of travel and arrival was good. Services on board was very good. Value for money Convenience
- "excellent services" . 22/08/2016
Hi, Today is great day after one month went back my to country i really wonder that TGV Lyria bring us from Zurich to Paris de Lyon on time.We really enjoy during our journey. Thank you and see you again.
- "Nice travel experience" Yuet Man Roti c. 22/08/2016
This was the second time we travelled with TGV. We travelled from beginning station to terminal station. Train was not crowded and sitting is comfortable. Message was clear this time and staff was nice. Overall a good experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Great experience" . 22/08/2016
We had a lovely first time experience on board TGV Lyria from Paris to Zurich. Trains were on time and onboard experience was great too. Even if we were tourists and don't speak the language, we managed to get through in a breeze. The ticketless system is also very helpful and effective. We will definitely take these trains again in our next Euro adventure.
- "From Paris to Geneve" Chi Hung l. 18/08/2016
Nice trip! Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and scenic" Aamir k. 17/08/2016
Hi, The journey was comfortable and scenic. However, we suggest if the coach number can also be displayed alongwith the seat labels for more visibility and convenience. Furthermore, AC near the windows can also be auto-regulated during summer time. Best regards. Value for money Convenience
- "Training France" Robert p. 15/08/2016
Only way to fly! Value for money Convenience
- "No access to customer service" Erin k. 13/08/2016
Firstly, I booked online from Canada and was not directed to a Canadian site. I ended up booking on the worldwide site not even knowing there was an alternative saite. Secondly, I got to Paris and realized that I booked the wrong date returning to Geneva, that the day of travel was supposed to be the next day and I spent hours trying to get a hold of a human to help me. There is no customer service line. Leaving a message that gets a response after your train departs does not help. Once I called the Paris station and received a number, they told me that I would have to take care of a refund once I got back home. I had to purchase two new tickets. Then once I called the customer service line at home they told me they couldn't help me because I booked on the worldwide site. I booked two first class tickets and it cost me 94 75 Euros that I cannot seem to contact anyone to get a refund for. Also, I purchased the railway protection plan. I was told that I may not receive a refund as it does NOT cover exchanges on dates which is why I got it in the first pIace. I am still trying to figure out how to get a refund. I will also make sure to write about my rail Europe experience on Trip Advisor, especially to educate those travellers who do not know how to contact someone once over seas, once I figure it out. The biggest issue is that the website does not automatically re-direct web customers when they type in their country. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy to use, best pricing" . 12/08/2016
The TGV tickets were simple to book and the best price online. The only downfall was that we could not choose the seating, hence did we travel with out back to the forward motion coming and going. That is the trade off to lower pricing.
- "Excellent train trip" Ibraheem a. 11/08/2016
My experience in this trip was great from all aspects. Although my reservation was on second class but the sitting area was comfortable and all the group sat togather. There was enough leg room visibility was perfect. The process to entet and leave the train was very convenient. However they need to look at some minor issue with regard to the ticketing and stations, such as the ticket shoul show that there will be two stops and not direct as mentioned in the ticket. Geneva and Gare du lyon stations are old and they need refurbishment to be more modern. The tickets were so cheap as booked them in advance. Value for money Convenience
- "Lyon to Geneva" Malcolm r. 10/08/2016
Living in a small city in NZ I don't get to travel on a train. I very much enjoyed our train trips in Europe as we saw a lot of the countryside and arrived at our destination quickly and relaxed. Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to Travel" Jayne e. 09/08/2016
very comfortable and fast! Seats very comfortable and train is quiet. Really fabulous way to travel. Would be wise to buy lunch etc in the Swiss side of the station before heading through customs as once through there is nothing there to buy and left with long queues on the train. Value for money Convenience
- "after missing connection " Marco u. 06/08/2016
after missing connection wrong advice - terrible trip took over 10h instead of planned 6 Value for money Convenience
- "Average experience" Deepak Kumar t. 05/08/2016
At the time of booking, the website showed that free wi-fi Value for money Convenience