- Paris - Zurich: 04:03
- Book early, save up to 50%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV Lyria, high speed trains connecting France and Switzerland, serving Paris, Lausanne, Interlaken etc.
TGV Lyria is operated by SNCF, the French national railway company and CFF, the Swiss national railway company. The high speed train links France and Switzerland. TGV Lyria enables you to reach Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva from Gare de Lyon in just a few hours. TGV Lyria will take you from France to major Swiss cities, ski resorts and lakes. The TGV Lyria will take you from Paris city center and major train stations to the snow white Swiss mountains in just a couple of hours. Breathtaking scenery is very much part of your journey. In the first class carriages, you will be able to relax by enjoying a peaceful break, reading a book, watching a movie on your iPad or just by laying back. While on board you can make a taxi reservation in Paris or buy subway tickets for Parisian metro, in the bar-buffet car.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The TGV Lyria links cities such as Paris or Dijon in France and/to cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich in Switzerland.
What’s new in 2015?
- Please note that the Geneva to Montpellier route has been discontinued in December 2014.
- A new daily return service from Brussels to Geneva, via Lille has been introduced in December 2014.
|Aix En Provence Tgv||Geneva||03:16||€ 55|
|Neuchatel (loc)||Paris||04:02||€ 40|
|Bourg En Bresse||Geneva||01:14||€ 28|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The Gare de Lyon railway station in Paris and the Swiss train stations have excellent connections with public transport system and taxis.
Passengers travelling from Zurich onboard the 1st class of the TGV Lyria, can use the CFF lounge where drinks, internet access, newspapers and magazines are available. You can use luggage lockers in the stations to avoid carrying your suitcases around with you.You do not have to check in before boarding. However make sure that you board your train at least 2 minutes before departure time. Access to trains cannot be guaranteed beyond 2 minutes before departure.
Keep your ticket, passport and any other travel documents handy. Ticket controllers will ask for those travel documents onboard of the TGV Lyria. Police and customs check will take place at national borders.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
First and Second class onboard the TGV Lyria
- First Class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served at your seat.*
- Taxi booking service is available onboard. No need to wait until your arrival to make a taxi booking.
- Second Class includes generous legroom, bar buffer car with a wide selection of meals and beverages.
The TGV Lyriapremière service, a class above
- The Lyriapremière Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Metro tickets onboard
- Buy tickets for the Paris metro onboard. They are available for sale at the bar buffet car.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
answered | Posted by SHWETABH B. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/04/2016
answered | Posted by aniruddha k. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/04/2016
answered | Posted by Pieter N. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/04/2016
answered | Posted by Amit N. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/04/2016
We're planning to spend 10 days, starting from 24 july 2016 afternoon from vienna to venice,milan,zurich,paris and amsterdam till (...)What should we take from those places? We're 3 adults and 1 child (16 years old).Tq
answered | Posted by Yani S. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/04/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV Lyria
Overall rating (384)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
- "Family trip to Geneva " Terry p. 23/05/2016
Train was incredible,it was very comfortable,quick,and on time,great experience Value for money Convenience
- "Great ride" Deborah l. 22/05/2016
Ride was great. Seat was comfortable, clean Value for money Convenience
- "Good and comfortable" Mathan Sankar m. 19/05/2016
Good and comfortable Value for money Convenience
- "waooooo" Pranay k. 19/05/2016
From the time we entered station till the time we were in swiss, everything was perfect. The trains were well maintained, no noise inside, good food, on timely performance. Simply perfect. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast " Deborah l. 16/05/2016
Please note the different gate where u come in from Value for money Convenience
- "Between Geneva " Gretta k. 16/05/2016
Wonderful, comfortable Value for money Convenience
- "5 Stars!" Rohit m. 16/05/2016
Back on a TGV after a few years; as good as it gets! Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Zurich" Premarajan p. 12/05/2016
Comfortable Journey from Paris to Zurich. Fabulous! Travelling in Rail is 100times better than flight. convenience and save all the trouble for early check in for Air plane. If the rail company could cater for more space for luggage storage, that will be even better. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip was comfortable" Tahir n. 08/05/2016
Trip was comfortable and on time but te train did not have WIFI so on 5 and half hours trip in today's era, WIFI is needed to be connected to our emails and official network Value for money Convenience
- "very good trip " Slim m. 06/05/2016
very good service : lunch, newpapers, magazine, train arrived on time Value for money Convenience
- "Best train journey ever" Sandeep s. 03/05/2016
I really loved the journey. The cleanliness, speed and decor of the train is amazing. I really felt like every euro spent was worth the value. Thanks for the experience. It would be great to have a speed indicator and free wi-fi in the train. Sandeep Value for money Convenience
- "The best way to travel!" Akhilesh Kumar a. 01/05/2016
Booked early and got a great deal (good website). Extremely convenient and comfortable ride! Recommended :) Value for money Convenience
- "Prices can be cheaper" Som Subhro k. 29/04/2016
The TGV Lyria was a little cramped up in space. 4 people sitting opposite each other gives very less leg space for everyone. Prices could be a little cheaper as offered by Rail Europe. Otherwise travel was comfortable and good. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice train" Darwin t. 26/04/2016
Nice train with comfort seats even for 2nd class. Value for money Convenience
- "Convenience" Abdul Gaffoor g. 25/04/2016
It was an excellent trip from Paris to Basel and then to Interlaken. On time departure and arrival. Neat and beautiful coach. Very good seating and availability of restaurant in the train was an added advantage. Moreover the beautiful outside scenery completely viewable through the window during entire journey. I would prefer and will use RailEurope in future if I travel in between European countries. Wonderful Experience!!! Gusnafer Ali Dubai. Convenience