Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Paris - Zurich: 04:03
- Book early, save up to 50%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV Lyria, high speed trains connecting France and Switzerland, serving Paris, Lausanne, Interlaken etc.
TGV Lyria is operated by SNCF, the French national railway company and CFF, the Swiss national railway company. The high speed train links France and Switzerland. TGV Lyria enables you to reach Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva from Gare de Lyon in just a few hours. TGV Lyria will take you from France to major Swiss cities, ski resorts and lakes. The TGV Lyria will take you from Paris city center and major train stations to the snow white Swiss mountains in just a couple of hours. Breathtaking scenery is very much part of your journey. In the first class carriages, you will be able to relax by enjoying a peaceful break, reading a book, watching a movie on your iPad or just by laying back. While on board you can make a taxi reservation in Paris or buy subway tickets for Parisian metro, in the bar-buffet car.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The TGV Lyria links cities such as Paris or Dijon in France and/to cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich in Switzerland.
What’s new in 2015?
- Please note that the Geneva to Montpellier route has been discontinued in December 2014.
- A new daily return service from Brussels to Geneva, via Lille has been introduced in December 2014.
|Aix En Provence Tgv||Geneva||03:16||€ 55|
|Neuchatel (loc)||Paris||04:02||€ 40|
|Bourg En Bresse||Geneva||01:14||€ 28|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The Gare de Lyon railway station in Paris and the Swiss train stations have excellent connections with public transport system and taxis.
Passengers travelling from Zurich onboard the 1st class of the TGV Lyria, can use the CFF lounge where drinks, internet access, newspapers and magazines are available. You can use luggage lockers in the stations to avoid carrying your suitcases around with you.
The platform number is displayed only 20 minutes before the train departs.Make sure to check the corresponding platform number of your train before boarding.Please note that it is not permitted to board a train if it is not displayed.You do not have to check in before boarding. However make sure that you board your train at least 2 minutes before departure time. Access to trains cannot be guaranteed beyond 2 minutes before departure.
Keep your ticket, passport and any other travel documents handy. Ticket controllers will ask for those travel documents onboard of the TGV Lyria. Police and customs check will take place at national borders.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
First and Second class onboard the TGV Lyria
- First Class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served at your seat.*
- Taxi booking service is available onboard. No need to wait until your arrival to make a taxi booking.
- Second Class includes generous legroom, bar buffer car with a wide selection of meals and beverages.
The TGV Lyriapremière service, a class above
- The Lyriapremière Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Metro tickets onboard
- Buy tickets for the Paris metro onboard. They are available for sale at the bar buffet car.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
answered | Posted by arnavaz h. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/06/2016
answered | Posted by Firdaus A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/06/2016
answered | Posted by Zahid M. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/06/2016
answered | Posted by Scott O. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/06/2016
answered | Posted by Sheguftah A. | Comments 0 | Created: 10/06/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV Lyria
Overall rating (384)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
- "Trip from Zurich to Paris" Ali a. 23/06/2016
I did online booking for first class seats for myself, my wife and my son. It said that I get a seated dinner. Well, the actual dinner was below my expectations. At least, it should mention online that it is a cold dinner, snacks, no sandwiches, etc...When I tried to buy something on the train, there were a small selection of sandwiches, and I ended up not buying anything. Other than that, comfortable seats on first class. You always get updated information about the trip. Overall, it was good Value for money Convenience
- "nick" Narinder k. 22/06/2016
very convenient and stress free ride from one destination to another. Value for money Convenience
- "through beautiful countryside" David l. 21/06/2016
Enjoyed easy trip through beautiful French countryside and delicious meal. Value for money Convenience
- "SO SO" Kwai Ling l. 20/06/2016
reservation system chose two adverse seats for us. Not comfortable if you stay there for almost 4 hours! Found many passengers throwing rubbish around, very annoying! Value for money Convenience
- "Disappointing" Sanjay j. 15/06/2016
Sadly it turned out that some earlier trains ha been cancelled on the day we traveled and apparently all reservations had been cancelled and it was free for all with first come first first occupy seats. there was no one in command to sort out confusion and the announcements were of poor audio quality. The four hour journey definitely was not comfortable with some local swiss guys making fun of our predicament. Value for money Convenience
- "Catering" Balaji b. 15/06/2016
The food and beverages were very inadequate and this was a spoiler to an otherwise good experience. Please serve a meal as the train timing includes lunch time. Few more magazines or other reading materials could also be provided. Value for money Convenience
- "poorly organized train service" Kim Poh o. 14/06/2016
We were travelling in a group of six and very unhappy with train service of TGV Lyria to Basel. The train was delayed and took too many passengers in making it very difficult and very crowded to get into the train. There were two other passengers that have occupied our two seats and refuse to move. No staff that came to assist us. One of our luggage was stolen during the train journey. Later we found out at Paris de Lyon that the luggage was found at another train station near Switzerland border. Nobody border to inform us before that despite there was a tag that carry the contacts and phone number of the owner of luggage. We were extremely frustrated with this whole train journey. The train management should send the lost luggage back to us for free in view of we have suffered so much due to this poorly organised train service Value for money Convenience
- "Exicllent" Jinishkumar Popatlal p. 14/06/2016
The journey was very comfortable and timesaving. Since the same was booked early the cost was very reasonable. Our family enjoyed the same. We will prefer to take a train than flight or other transportation services. Value for money Convenience
- "Strike affected us very badly" Rajesh m. 14/06/2016
While the rearrangement of the tickets (due to cancellation) were ok, after much cajoling, the journey was horribly planned by the execution team. The train was stuffed with people of many trains without adequate planning, re-changed at the last moment, causing tremendous discomfort to us. The compartment was filled with people double the capacity and then rearranged in the empty compartments. why was this not planned? Value for money Convenience
- "Our reservation was voided" Mary Carolynn a. 13/06/2016
We were forced to stand in the train frim Paris to Basel as we were made to wait for a 6 hours delayed trip. It was only when i heard from another teaveller that there is a 14:23 train that the waiting shortened by 2 hours but we had to stand in the train.we missed a day tour in Zurich.may i reiterate refund request at least for the Zurich to Basel leg where we stood in the teain holding our luggages. Immediate response will be appreciated. Value for money Convenience
- "simply comfy" Muhammad h. 13/06/2016
there seem to be some complications where people can just ride the train and no one check for tickets? I believe this is unfair for those who have purchased the tix but do not have any seatings.. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable trip" Marion d. 11/06/2016
The train was on time. The price was reasonable. Seats were comfortable. Airconditioning was okay. Convenience
- "Zurich to Paris" Hussain h. 07/06/2016
The Trains depart on time and very much smooth with good refreshments on board and comfortable 1st class seats with very good legroom. Value for money Convenience
- "Wonderul journey " Sujit g. 06/06/2016
This is perhaps the best train journey that I have ever had. Me and my family thoroughly enjoyed the first class travel. The comfort inside the compartment was very nice. The journey was also very scenic. I would like to do it again if I get the opportunity. The snacks served could have been slightly better. The only reason why I have given 4 stars for convenience is that my first class compartment was at the fag end of the train in Paris. So we had to traverse the full length of the platform to board the train. So why make the first class passengers walk the most? In Switzerland, the 1st class compartments are always towards the beginning. Even on flights the business class passengers are given higher convenience. Value for money Convenience
- "Almost Perfect Journey" Devendra d. 06/06/2016
It was a on time nice journey. Very comfortable train. Really enjoyed. Value for money Convenience