- Paris - Zurich: 04:03
- Book early, save up to 50%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
TGV Lyria, high speed trains connecting France and Switzerland, serving Paris, Lausanne, Interlaken etc.
TGV Lyria is operated by SNCF, the French national railway company and CFF, the Swiss national railway company. The high speed train links France and Switzerland. TGV Lyria enables you to reach Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva from Gare de Lyon in just a few hours. TGV Lyria will take you from France to major Swiss cities, ski resorts and lakes. The TGV Lyria will take you from Paris city center and major train stations to the snow white Swiss mountains in just a couple of hours. Breathtaking scenery is very much part of your journey. In the first class carriages, you will be able to relax by enjoying a peaceful break, reading a book, watching a movie on your iPad or just by laying back. While on board you can make a taxi reservation in Paris or buy subway tickets for Parisian metro, in the bar-buffet car.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The TGV Lyria links cities such as Paris or Dijon in France and/to cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich in Switzerland.
What’s new in 2015?
- Please note that the Geneva to Montpellier route has been discontinued in December 2014.
- A new daily return service from Brussels to Geneva, via Lille has been introduced in December 2014.
|Geneva||Aix En Provence Tgv||03:40||€ 55|
|Paris||Neuchatel (loc)||04:11||€ 40|
|Geneva||St Raphael||05:24||€ 79|
|Bourg En Bresse||Geneva||01:14||€ 28|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
The Gare de Lyon railway station in Paris and the Swiss train stations have excellent connections with public transport system and taxis.
Passengers travelling from Zurich onboard the 1st class of the TGV Lyria, can use the CFF lounge where drinks, internet access, newspapers and magazines are available. You can use luggage lockers in the stations to avoid carrying your suitcases around with you.
The platform number is displayed only 20 minutes before the train departs.Make sure to check the corresponding platform number of your train before boarding.Please note that it is not permitted to board a train if it is not displayed.You do not have to check in before boarding. However make sure that you board your train at least 2 minutes before departure time. Access to trains cannot be guaranteed beyond 2 minutes before departure.
Keep your ticket, passport and any other travel documents handy. Ticket controllers will ask for those travel documents onboard of the TGV Lyria. Police and customs check will take place at national borders.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
First and Second class onboard the TGV Lyria
- First Class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served at your seat.*
- Taxi booking service is available onboard. No need to wait until your arrival to make a taxi booking.
- Second Class includes generous legroom, bar buffer car with a wide selection of meals and beverages.
The TGV Lyriapremière service, a class above
- The Lyriapremière Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Metro tickets onboard
- Buy tickets for the Paris metro onboard. They are available for sale at the bar buffet car.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
answered | Posted by STEPHEN D. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/09/2016
answered | Posted by AJAY S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/08/2016
answered | Posted by Senthilkumar M. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2016
answered | Posted by edward p. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/07/2016
answered | Posted by Ali a. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/07/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV Lyria
Overall rating (384)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
- "Very Good" . 22/09/2016
Everything good but the train arrived on platform just before 8 minutes from departure time made the passengers to rush and created confusion too.
- "On time" Sean c. 21/09/2016
Great food Value for money Convenience
- "Feedback" . 19/09/2016
It was indeed a great journey for me and family...The ride was so comfortable that we never felt that we have traveled so long. Thanks for your efforts to make the guests comfortable and keep doing great!!!
- "summer Europe tour 2016" Prakash Bajarang m. 19/09/2016
excellent service, comfortable travel, worth money Convenience
- "Comfortable and Spacious " Teyar Rifki g. 16/09/2016
I went from zurich to paris with my wife and 4 years old daughter. We departed from zurich central and arrived at Gare De Lyon. Train departed on time. It's very comfortable. Spacious seat. Quite. And Fast. You can find a bar also in this train so you can buy food / drink along the trip. I recommend to take this train for zurich - paris trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Not satisfied " Yaser a. 16/09/2016
No comments , totally not happy Value for money Convenience
- "eurorail rating title" Qasim k. 15/09/2016
It is a good company in the europe for train trip but unfortunately has no eurorail branch or company in the Vienna , I hope you will plan to extend your trip to others europe countries like Austria . thanks Value for money Convenience
- "great" Khalil k. 14/09/2016
it was excellent travel. good timing. thanks Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent." Loganathan d. 11/09/2016
Enjoyed very much for high speed rail journey, 320 Kmph, which is not available at the moment in our country. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice Trip" Mhd Adib b. 11/09/2016
It was a nice trip Value for money Convenience
- "cancelation of the return trip" Sultan a. 05/09/2016
Dear All, the website is not easy to use. I would like to refund the return ticket. your support in this issue will be highly appreciated. Sultan, Value for money Convenience
- "Great Euro Experience" Antia Ann o. 05/09/2016
It was my second time to ride TGV Lyria spending my holiday in Europe and it was an amazing experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice Trip" . 04/09/2016
It was excellent and wonderful trip. Everything was perfect. However an welcome drink and snacks / refreshment may be provided to make the journey more attractive.
- "To Paris by Rail" Balasubramanian k. 30/08/2016
We enjoyed the train journey from Geneva to Paris. Food and Beverages were good. Punctuality and courtesy inside the train are excellent. We will definitely recommend this to all our friends and relatives. We give 5 stars. Value for money Convenience
- "Regret" . 30/08/2016
I regret that it was impossible to change the date of departure. I had to buy another ticket and bear the expense.