Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Paris - Amsterdam: 03:17
- Book early, save up to 70%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Thalys, high speed trains and best way to travel between Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Cologne.
Thalys, the famous red train, connects Belgium and France but also other countries like the Netherlands and Germany. The Thalys is a high speed train which can operate at a speed of up to 300 km/h. Travel durations are relatively short, making it the preferred solution to commute between France, Belgium and the Netherlands. With frequent services – up to 23 daily returns between Paris and Brussels alone – it’s easy to add another destination to your itinerary with Thalys.
You can buy your public transport tickets from the bar-buffet whilst on board.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Thalys offers direct and high-speed services between Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Cologne. Aboard Thalys trains you can reach city centres in the pure tradition of comfort and service at high speed.
|Paris - Brussels||1h22|
|Paris - Cologne||3h14|
|Paris - Amsterdam||3h18|
|Paris - Düsseldorf||3h47|
|Brussels - Amsterdam||1h53|
|Brussels - Cologne||1h47|
|Brussels - Düsseldorf||2h20|
|Antwerp - Amsterdam Schiphol||0h57|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Thalys tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Feeling like taking an extensive break in the Old Continent? Thalys high-speed trains could take you between France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany with style and comfort at speeds of up to 300 km/hr.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations served by the Thalys trains are modern structures with essential services for travellers.There is no check-in prior to boarding the Thalys trains. You can board the train with your ticket only and without any formalities. Thalys have multi-lingual staff on board.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. At an additional cost. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
Meal services on Thalys trains
- In 1st class you receive a full meal on board Thalys trains, in the comfort of your own seat. Meals served are breakfast, lunch and dinner and include a choice of drinks, cold starter and main course, bread and dessert. In 2nd class you have full access to the bar buffet, which offers (you) a selection of food and beverages, as well as organic and fair trade products. Whichever class you travel on Thalys, and whatever time of day it is, you know that you will not be hungry!
Stay connected with Thalys!
- WI-FI connection is available on board all Thalys trains, so that you can work as you travel, or be in touch with friends and family via your computer. This service is complimentary for 1st class passengers and also available for 2nd class passengers. So if you need to stay connected you can – keeping continuity in your busy work day or organising your social life for the evening!
Thalys helps you get to "Any Belgian Station"
- Thalys works very closely with the SNCB train network to ensure good coordination and continuity of service. The “Any Belgian Station” fare includes both the Thalys and the Belgian leg of the journey, at a minimal extra cost, and is valid for two days either before or after your Thalys journey. You have no need to book a reservation for the local Belgian train ride – as you can imagine, this fare is convenient and saves time! Let Thalys help make travelling in Belgium easy for you!
Travelling with a Thalys train, or the red train as it is also called, means having an hassle-free journey with a touch of style and sophistication.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. When travelling with Thalys, you can carry a maximum of two suitcases per paying passenger (the largest side must be equal to 85 centimetres) and one item of hand luggage.
- A. You will be able to book a Thalys ticket 90 days in advance.
- A. In Comfort1 (First class), drinks and meal are included in the price of your Thalys ticket and served at your seat. Meal includes a choice of drinks, cold starter and main course, but also bread and dessert. In Thalys Comfort 2 (second class), you will get access to a bar-buffet car which offers a variety of food and refreshments.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
- A. Thalys trains offer two classes of travel: 1st class with Comfort 1 and 2nd class with Comfort 2. In Comfort 1, reclining seats will offer you a high level of comfort. Sockets for laptop or mobile phone are also available on some carriages as well as free newspapers on major routes. Wi-Fi is free in Thalys Comfort 1 and in 2nd class with flexible tickets. In 2nd class (Comfort 2), you will get access to a bar-buffet car offering food and refreshments for purchase. Wi-Fi is available at an additional cost in second class for more restrictive tickets.
- A. You can print your Thalys ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available in FRANCE ONLY before boarding your Thalys train.
- A. Also known as the red train, Thalys trains link Paris to the gems of Northern Europe: Brussels in 1 hour and 22 minutes, Amsterdam in 3 hours and 18 minutes, and Cologne in 3 hours and 14 minutes. On a seasonal basis (from the end of December till mid - April), Thalys Snow travels from Brussels Midi to the ski resorts in Chambéry, Albertville, Moutiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice, every Saturday without any stops.
- A. Like most high-speed trains in Europe, you need to make a booking when travelling with Thalys. Passholders with passes covering the whole Thalys route (Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass including France, Benelux or Germany, depending on the route, Eurail and Benelux-France) benefit from special Passholder fares. Just bear in mind that some passes covering partially the Thalys sector like France Rail Pass but also Eurail passes including Benelux-France / France-Germany / France-Italy / France-Spain / France-Switzerland / Benelux also offer special Passholder deals. German Rail Pass is not valid on Thalys routes to Germany.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
answered | Posted by Sergio S. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/06/2016
answered | Posted by Sachin J. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/06/2016
answered | Posted by Veryan W. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/06/2016
answered | Posted by Sheguftah A. | Comments 0 | Created: 10/06/2016
answered | Posted by Rohini l. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/05/2016
Reviews & ratings Thalys
Overall rating (1096)
Overall appreciationExcellent 44% Very good 35% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
- "A comfortable trip" Kang Hao Justin n. 29/06/2016
It was overall a comfortable and good trip. We had food offered to us and it's good as we were hungry. However, when my sister was sleeping, she was not asked if she wanted food. Perhaps she could have been tapped on the shoulder if she wanted food. Value for money Convenience
- "Family" Sarthak r. 29/06/2016
Very enjoyable Value for money Convenience
- "Great Trip" Alexander Benjamin b. 28/06/2016
Very comfortable seats, staff were great and the service impeccable. Value for money Convenience
- "comfortable ride" . 25/06/2016
We had a smooth, convenient ride to our destination. Onlyslight thing is when you arrive early at the station, we have to stand for more than an hour since few seats are available for passengers.
- "Convenient choice of travel" Felicia h. 24/06/2016
1. Seats kind of old and musky 2. lightening in the cabin a little dim However overall experience is generally good. Staff attitude is polite. Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Conrado b. 23/06/2016
We enjoyed our trip from Paris to Brussels . Value for money Convenience
- "Thalys train" Chin Pang l. 23/06/2016
Our family had a great time travelling from Paris to Amsterdam. The staff are friendly and there are lots of snacks and drinks provided during the journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent and comfortable trip" Teh Eng h. 21/06/2016
Love the free wifi available. Value for money Convenience
- "soso wun" Yuen Yi w. 21/06/2016
train was very very dirty Value for money Convenience
- "My trip to Paris" Ismaila t. 19/06/2016
The train was right in time. The comfort level was more than acceptable, very quiet inside. The only thing I dit not appreciate is face that the website raileurope sold me the ticket as "direct connection" whereas the train made a stop in Rotterdam and one in Belgium, that was not something I excepted. Value for money Convenience
- "excellent traverl" Moujib Errahmen k. 19/06/2016
i've dne a great tme traveling from asmterdam to bruxelles . that was realy cool Value for money Convenience
- "Trip" Michael k. 19/06/2016
This was the first time we had travelled by train to Amsterdam and can honestly say that is was most comfortable and we were well looked after by staff. I would certainly recommened it to my friends. regards mike Value for money Convenience
- "A smooth journey" Kamlesh b. 18/06/2016
we took an early morning @ 830 train to Amsterdam, the journey was very comfortable, polite staff and will definitely recommend. Only drawback the wfi connectivity was very poor Value for money Convenience
- "touring Europe by train" Marisol s. 15/06/2016
Train was confortable. The only issue was that wifi was not fast enough. Value for money Convenience
- "best inter-city traveling" Johan d. 15/06/2016
very on time F Value for money Convenience