- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
Great Britain is full of contrasts, whichever direction you travel you will find a wide variety of landscapes. Hop on and discover the countryside by train in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. From cosmopolitan and vibrant cities to historic places and their richness in heritage, trains will take you everywhere.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Along 15,795 kilometres of tracks, 23 Train Operating Companies work together for providing the most complete rail network. Long distance traffic, Regional and National lines, everything is made to ease each kind of rail travel.
With its 14 terminals from which the main lines connect to the other parts of Great Britain, London is the hub of the UK rail network. The large choice of schedules will be the opportunity to tailor-make your journey and easily plan day trips to visit Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton or Windsor in one day from London.
From East to West or North to South, and although a few of them are High Speed trains, UK rail network trains run all year long and offer quick connections across the regions. Here are some examples of routes and best travel times:
|London Paddington - Oxford||0h53|
|London Waterloo - Portsmouth||1h35|
|London St Pancras - Dover Priory||1h09|
|Cardiff Central - Birmingham New Street||2h|
|Glasgow - Edinburg||0h58|
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||€ 8|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Most of the stations are equipped with self-service ticket machines where you will be able to collect your Print @ the station ticket. First class is ideal for business travellers as well as for passengers who want to be pampered. First class tickets provide access to first class lounges in the main stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A. A travel day is any travel between 12 midnight on one day to 12 midnight of the following day (i.e. a 24-hour period). On each travel day, you can take as many trains or participating ferries as you wish.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times as you like before Midnight on a travel day.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. ICE trains link major German cities from Cologne in the west to Berlin in the east. But they also cross borders and go into France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
- A. A railpass month is counted as a calendar month. For example, a pass that begins on July 15th will expire at midnight on August 14th.
answered | Posted by Rafique D. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/01/2016
answered | Posted by Darshan P. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/12/2015
answered | Posted by Vandana A. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/12/2015
answered | Posted by Carlos O. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2015
answered | Posted by Shani E. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/11/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
- "Great" Tiago k. 13/01/2016
Everything was clear since Edinburgh to London. Pretty confortable. Nothing tô complain about it. I just thought it expensive. Value for money Convenience
- "Recent train travel" Deirdre h. 16/12/2015
My journey both to and from London would have been excellent however both journeys were rather marred by long delays near Alnmouth following some sort of electrical problem 2 hours going south and one and a half on the return 5 days later. However we were informed that we would be given a refund on any tickets by Virgin for these delays which considerably helped my feelings, however I did not have any connections as others did. Delays aside the service was very good and at least we were kept informed on the problem and given free wifi for the duration. Value for money
- "Trip to Manshester Picadally" Muhammad Fairuz k. 16/12/2015
Had a fun experience onboard train to Manchester Picadally from London Euston. As we book the tickets online, its very convenience for collection as well as the staff is very helpful in assisting us for direction and question. The first class lounge is good but more can be done to upgrade it. Its the most memorable experience we had and look forward to use it on our nxt trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Good but a little expensive" Sushmita m. 02/12/2015
Good Value for money Convenience
- "Totally enjoyed my ride" Otar m. 15/10/2015
I went from London to Edinburgh and train is the most convenient way for this ride. Clean and comfortable seats having even plugs for mobile phone and computers. I enjoyed the whole ride and would recommend to everyone who wants to travel within UK. Value for money Convenience
- "Lovely station-nice journey" . 07/10/2015
We reached Euston well in time , only to realize that it was a good decision . Enjoyed our cuppa coffee and lunch in the nice sunny weather. The journey to Manchester was nice and comfortable and value for money. Getting my tickets printed at the station was a breeze....
- "We were happy" Natalia t. 17/09/2015
Train was comfortable, on time and value for money. Thank you! Value for money Convenience
- "family vacation" Lisa w. 29/07/2015
the train service was very convenient for our traveling needs Value for money Convenience
- "The Fastest way to travel " Stephen f. 10/07/2015
We chose to travel by train after checking the alternatives.The 2 hour train journey is the fastest.As i bought the tickets on line in Israeli Shekels it also worked out cheaper.A very comfortable train which it kept clean by having the rubbish removed frequently. Value for money Convenience
- "IMPRESSED BY RIGHT TIME" . 30/06/2015
that was good, convienience and excellent services, it was my first time travel by rail and next time i will prefer to rail service other than by plan. bye have a nice day. Patras
- "Travel to Edinburgh" . 26/06/2015
The train to Edinburgh was fast and comfortable. More variety of food in the food shop on sale will be good. As couldn't buy food before boarding and there was not much choices. The toilet was clean and fresh. The compartments were also clean. I really like it
- "London To Manchester" Muhamad Azri h. 12/05/2015
A virgin ride on the train Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth journey" . 10/01/2015
Smooth journey from Manchester to London. Train on time.
- "Nice trip" Gaya o. 08/12/2014
The train was on time. There was enough space for our luggage. I just think the space between the seats could be bigger. Value for money Convenience
- "Take the Train" Dorene k. 02/12/2014
It's clean, comfortable, and a smooth ride. The service on board is good. Watching the fields, and towns go by with ease. A pleasant experience. The train arrived on time. Value for money Convenience