Wilhem Tell Express
Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to € 60 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- Lucerne - Locarno: 05:01
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
Wilhem Tell Express
Wilhem Tell Express, the unique steamer on Lake Lucerne and panoramic train serving Lucerne and Lugano.
The Wilhelm Tell Express crosses the Swiss Alps from North to South and consists of a panoramic trip on a steamboat (1st class) and a train (1st or 2nd class). Wilhelm Tell Express operates mainly in summer, from the month of May to October. From Lucerne, on board the nostalgic steamboat, you will be able to enjoy a gourmet meal in the first class restaurant with a perfect view over the quiet bays and picturesque villages. In Flüelen, travellers are invited to board the air-conditioned, first-class panorama cars of the Swiss Federal Railways. The train which passes through charming villages and over stunning bridges will take you to Lugano or Locarno. Travellers can reach Flüelen from either Lucerne or from Locarno on the way back.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Wilhem Tell Express tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Departure from Luzern SGV is at pier across from train station.There is no check in prior to boarding the Wilhelm Tell Express. However ticket control may take place on board.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First class||Second class|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Panoramic cars Large windows offering panoramic view of the stunning landscape. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
answered | Posted by Wong B. | Comments 8 | Created: 28/02/2016
answered | Posted by Edwin E. | Comments 4 | Created: 07/07/2015
answered | Posted by Agnes O. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/08/2014
Why cant i book the wilhelm express train from lugano to luceren for june 8 2014. i will be in lugano on 7 june (...)why cant i book the Wilhelm express train from lugano to luceren for June 8 2014. I will be in lugano on 7 june 2014. I want to (...)
answered | Posted by Priya D. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/05/2014
answered | Posted by Xue N. | Comments 6 | Created: 05/12/2013
Reviews & ratings Wilhem Tell Express
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
No reviews for this product yet