Have you ever pondered what it would be like to stand at the top of the world? Well, a journey to Jungfraujoch can help you cross this desire off your bucket list! Depart from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen on a unique, modern cogwheel railway and travel to Kleine Scheidegg, standing over 2,000 metres above sea level. Upon arrival, you will board the Jungfrau Railway for an extraordinary ride. You will stop at the Eiger Glacier station, visit the charming mountain restaurant or pay a visit to the polar dog kennels. Continue the adventure through the Eiger tunnel and finally arrive at the highest railway station in Europe – the Jungfraujoch. The majestic views that greet you will leave you breathless - of course, being over 3,450 metres above sea level could account for that feeling as well! Take some time exploring the area, visit the Ice Palace, watch the nearly 22-kilometer-long ice stream, and more. This excursion gives you the opportunity to truly embrace the majesty of Switzerland. It may not be the top of the world that you’ll be standing, but standing at the Top of Europe comes close, right?!
Best way to feel on top of the world
• Includes round trip travel to the Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen.
• Scenic trip to Eiger Glacier Station and through the Eiger tunnel to the Eigerwand and Eismeer stations.
• Sightseeing at the Great Aletsch Glacier, Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx observation terrace, high alpine research exhibitions and more.
• Discounted rates are only valid with a rail pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of rail pass you have when selecting your tickets.
• All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
• Children under 6 are free.
• Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
• Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
• Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
• Prices are subject to change.
• Seat Reservations between Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch are recommended for travel between (May and October) and are an additional fee. Reservations can be made at the following Jungfraujoch Rail Stations: Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Grindelwald-Grund, Murren and Wengen.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Can I add a friend to my existing rail pass?
A. Once a rail pass has been printed, another name cannot be added. We may be able to exchange the rail pass through our contact center, but exchange fees and penalties will apply. The only exception is if you bought the Rail Protection Plan along with your rail pass. In that case, you’re eligible to exchange your rail pass for a new one that includes your friend, without incurring any fee or penalty. You’ll just need to pay the additional cost of the rail pass for your friend.
Q. Can I choose a specific seat on a train when making my reservation?
A. At this time, it’s not possible to choose a specific seat on our website when booking a reservation.
Q. Are there discounts on train tickets?
A. Yes. Discounts are available for select train tickets. some rail carriers offer advance purchase discounts for those who like to book early. In addition, youth, child, and/or senior discounts are offered by some European rail carriers. When you begin your ticket search, be sure to enter in any applicable passenger data so that we can provide you with the best fares for your journey.
Q. What do I need to show to the conductor when traveling by train with a rail pass?
A. While traveling with a rail pass, you will need to show the conductor your pass. Be sure your pass is activated prior to boarding the train. For trains that require reservations, be sure to have your valid reservations ready to show the conductor, as well. Lastly, it is not uncommon for a conductor to request to see your passport, best to keep it handy.
Q. Are there smoking and non smoking sections on trains?
A. Smoking is not permitted on any trains in Great Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg), France, Hungary, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, or Poland.
Smoking is restricted on trains in Finland and the Czech Republic.
Smoking is also prohibited in lavatories and dining cars. And you must observe special regulations at stations where you usually find dedicated smoking areas or rooms.
Q. Can I request preferences for assigning my seat, such as a forward facing seat, a window, or an aisle?
A. You can make a request for seat locations on the train for some trains, the option will be presented to you when you select a specific train ticket fare. Seat selections cannot be guaranteed, but will be taken into consideration when the reservation is completed. If confirming a seat preference is essential, please contact us prior to booking using the Contact Us page.
Q. Do I need to purchase a reservation and if I do, how do I book it?
A. To find out if the train you plan on taking requires travellers with a pass to purchase a seat reservation, use our reservation booking tool.
You can book most reservations from our website or mobile site, prior to your departure to Europe. In some countries, Greece and Portugal as an example, seat reservations are mandatory for some trains and can only be purchased locally.
If you’re already in Europe, you can still purchase your reservation from us as long as e-tickets are offered for the train you wish to travel on.
Q. Can I choose a specific seat when booking a train ticket?
A. At this time, we are unable to offer this service. Unlike airlines, most rail carriers do not offer the possibility to select your specific seat.
Q. What constitutes a group?
A. Ten or more people traveling together constitutes a group.
Q. Who should I contact with questions about my exchange or refund?
A. You can visit our Contact Us page to send us a message about exchanges and refunds.
In your message, please be sure to include the original booking number, your contact information, and which item(s) you’re requesting a refund for. If you’re requesting an exchange under the Rail Protection Plan™, note this in your email as well.