This exciting excursion combines the perfect blend of outdoor activities and picture-perfect views. Gaze out at 24 snow-capped peaks – including the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Grand Combin and even Mont Blanc in the distance, as you ascend in the cable car up to the Glacier 3000 mountain station. Enjoy this alpine paradise allowing visitors the opportunity to ski, hike on the glacier plateau, snowboard, or even experience a dogsled ride. Feeling adventurous? Take a stroll on the Tissot Peak Walk, a 107 metre long suspension bridge connecting two peaks together and providing stunning views. Or maybe a ride on the Alpine Coaster, the world’s highest toboggan run. This excursion will fill your day with memories that will last a lifetime, an experience that simply makes you feel alive!
Experience the thrill of Glacier 3000 with this great excursion
- Board the cable car in Col du Pillon to the Glacier 3000 mountain station
- Dramatic panoramic views of 24 snow-capped peaks including the well-known Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Eiger, and Mont BlancIssued as an exchange voucher
- Tissot Peak Walk – 107 m long (351 feet) suspension bridge with stunning views connecting two peaks
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
- Ice Express Chairlift: your ride to the Glacier and many activities including Glacier Walk and Fun Park
- Roundtrip travel from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 by cable car.
- Peak Walk by Tissot: suspension footbridge of 107m/351ft length, open year-round, free of charge.
- Includes Ice Express Chairlift, Glacier Walk and Fun Park.
- Discounted fares are from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 when traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- Eurail Pass holders and Swiss Half Fare Card holders will need to purchase an additional ticket for the postal bus from Gstaad or Les Diablerets to Col du Pillon. (Les Diablerets is 3/4 mile from Col du Pillon).
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley station in Col du Pillon.
- Tickets are valid for six months from date of purchase.
- Cable car operates daily every 20 minutes to summit station Glacier 3000 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. (Travel time: 15 minutes).
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Can I request preferences for assigning my seat, such as a forward facing seat, a window, or an aisle?
A. You can make a request for seat locations on the train for some trains, the option will be presented to you when you select a specific train ticket fare. Seat selections cannot be guaranteed, but will be taken into consideration when the reservation is completed. If confirming a seat preference is essential, please contact us prior to booking using the Contact Us page.
Q. Do I need to tip the train staff?
A. Tipping the train staff (other than bar-buffet car waiters) is neither necessary nor customary.
Q. My group lives large. Can we book an exclusive carriage or charter an entire train?
A. Whether your group is looking to book an exclusive carriage on a scheduled train for their sole use, or wishing to charter an entire train, we can arrange it. Simply fill out a Group Quote form and one of our dedicated group consultants will respond with a quote to fit your groups’ needs.
Q. What are the benefits of registering on the Rail Europe site?
A. When you register on our site, a wide range of exclusive tools and services become available to you. You will have access your booking details, ability to download your tickets and track your shipping. You will get notifications and alerts concerning your trip. You can save your searches, pages, and itineraries right in your account. And by registering, you will also have the ability to leave a review on your travel experience with Rail Europe.
Q. Can I exchange or refund my rail pass while in Europe?
A. Unused and unvalidated rail passes can be exchanged for an alternate rail pass of equal or greater value. A 7% administration fee, any price difference, and additional shipping fees would apply. Some promotional rail passes are non-exchangeable; please read the terms and conditions for these passes for more details. Exchanges and refunds for rail passes cannot be performed locally at the train station.
Please send us a message through the Contact Us page to begin the exchange process. To exchange a rail pass, we must receive your original unused and unvalidated rail pass no later than 3 days prior to your departure to Europe, issue a new rail pass, and ship it to you.
If you bought the Rail Protection Plan™ when you placed your rail pass order, you are eligible to receive the full value of your original pass as a credit and use it towards any future Rail Europe purchase within 2 years, with no fee or penalty incurred.
Q. What are the fees associated with getting a train ticket refunded?
A. The first type of fee is carrier penalties. These are charges determined by the rail carrier depending on the exchange and refund conditions associated with your original train ticket. For example, there may be a 15% penalty assessed for exchanges, which means that only 85% of the value of the original ticket will be carried over for the purchase of a new ticket. Or there may be a fixed penalty charged for exchanges, or no fee at all.
When browsing fares on our website, you can read a brief description of each fare flexibility level, and then see the full exchange and refund conditions for each fare.
Once you have booked a train ticket with us, its exchange and refund rules will be indicated in your Rail Europe booking confirmation email, as well as printed with your train ticket and/or on the ticket jacket in the case of paper tickets. Please note that train tickets must be received for exchange or refund within the allowed time frame mentioned in the exchange and refund conditions.
The second type of fee is Rail Europe’s administrative fee. This fee is charged in addition to applicable carrier penalties. The processing fee is 7% of the cost of the original train ticket.
Q. I have my train ticket. Do I also need to buy a reservation?
A. Rail Europe train tickets usually include a reservation whenever possible. In other words, if you’re taking a train that requires a reservation, one will already be included with your train ticket from us. If you’re boarding a train that offers reservations but doesn’t require them, tickets sold on our website will include one, if available, at the time of booking.
For certain trains that offer reservations but don’t require them, it is possible that we do not include a seat reservation with your train ticket. This may happen when we don’t have access to those reservations, which can only be purchased locally. Rest assured that even if this is the case, your Rail Europe train ticket will still allow you to board and sit at any unoccupied seat.
Q. Are there discounts on train tickets?
A. Yes. Discounts are available for select train tickets. some rail carriers offer advance purchase discounts for those who like to book early. In addition, youth, child, and/or senior discounts are offered by some European rail carriers. When you begin your ticket search, be sure to enter in any applicable passenger data so that we can provide you with the best fares for your journey.
Q. What information do I need to provide in a booking to purchase with Rail Europe?
A. We require your name as it appears on your passport (first and last name only), gender, and (in some cases) date of birth. Please note that this same information will be necessary for all travellers in your travel party.
Depending on the type of train ticket you are booking, we may also need a physical mailing address where we can send your travel documents. We send documents using traceable shipping methods, and the package will need to be signed for. In addition, we’ll need a valid email address so we can send you an invoice, and a phone number in case we need to contact you regarding your booking.
Q. How fast can I receive my travel documents?
A. After your booking has been invoiced, you should receive your tickets and/or rail passes within 2-7 business days. In some locations, express overnight delivery may be available for an additional cost.
If you booked e-tickets, you should receive an email and ticket instructions shortly after your booking is confirmed.