This exciting excursion combines the perfect blend of outdoor activities and picture-perfect views. Gaze out at 24 snow-capped peaks – including the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Grand Combin and even Mont Blanc in the distance, as you ascend in the cable car up to the Glacier 3000 mountain station. Enjoy this alpine paradise allowing visitors the opportunity to ski, hike on the glacier plateau, snowboard, or even experience a dogsled ride. Feeling adventurous? Take a stroll on the Tissot Peak Walk, a 107 metre long suspension bridge connecting two peaks together and providing stunning views. Or maybe a ride on the Alpine Coaster, the world’s highest toboggan run. This excursion will fill your day with memories that will last a lifetime, an experience that simply makes you feel alive!
- Journey from either Gstaad or the mountain village of Les Diablerets to Col du Pillon where you begin your Glacier 3000 experience
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Glacier 3000: An alpine excursion for all to enjoy!
- Roundtrip travel from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 by cable car.
- Peak Walk by Tissot: suspension footbridge of 107m/351ft length, open year-round, free of charge.
- Includes Ice Express Chairlift, Glacier Walk and Fun Park.
- Discounted fares are from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 when traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- Eurail Pass holders and Swiss Half Fare Card holders will need to purchase an additional ticket for the postal bus from Gstaad or Les Diablerets to Col du Pillon. (Les Diablerets is 3/4 mile from Col du Pillon).
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley station in Col du Pillon.
- Tickets are valid for six months from date of purchase.
- Cable car operates daily every 20 minutes to summit station Glacier 3000 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. (Travel time: 15 minutes).
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. What are the benefits of registering on the Rail Europe site?
A. When you register on our site, a wide range of exclusive tools and services become available to you. You will have access your booking details, ability to download your tickets and track your shipping. You will get notifications and alerts concerning your trip. You can save your searches, pages, and itineraries right in your account. And by registering, you will also have the ability to leave a review on your travel experience with Rail Europe.
Q. What should I do if my train ticket is lost or stolen?
A. If your paper ticket is lost or stolen, you’ll need to purchase a new one in order to travel.
If you purchased the Rail Protection Plan™ and your ticket is covered, you may be eligible for reimbursement if you meet the requirements of this plan, this includes filing a police report within 24 hours of the loss or theft and purchasing replacement train ticket.
Q. I haven't departed for Europe yet and want to exchange or refund my train ticket. How do I proceed?
A. There are different ways you can exchange or refund a train ticket prior to your departure to Europe, but they depend in whether you booked a paper ticket or e-ticket.
If you booked a paper train ticket, the original ticket must be returned to us for the refund to be finalized. Please visit the Contact Us page for further information.
It’s strongly suggested that you send your documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery.
If you booked an e-ticket from our website, you can usually complete the refund online via our Cancellation and Refund page. The refund will be processed immediately and no further action on your part will be required.
Similar to the previous situation, the original paper train ticket must be returned to us for the exchange to be processed. Visit our Contact Us page to begin the exchange process for paper tickets, or the Cancellation and Refund page for e-tickets.
When exchanging tickets, you are responsible for paying the difference in fare, as well as any applicable fees for your new train tickets. Please keep in mind that exchanges on train tickets are only permitted for the same city pair or route originally booked.
Q. Can I change seats after the train departs?
A. You may check with the conductor once your train departs to see if there are any other available seating options.
Please note that you should stay in the same class of service as your ticket or you may incur a surcharge.
If you change seats and the seat you move to is reserved by another traveller, they will have priority.
Q. Who should I contact to book travel for a group of 10 or more people?
A. For groups of 10 or more traveling together please fill out our Group Department form for assistance. If you know what you’re looking for, you can also request a quote online from our Group Department.
Q. How are sleeping compartments kept secure?
A. Overnight trains have conductors on duty throughout the duration of the train ride. In addition, sleeping compartments have locks on the doors that you control.
Q. Who should I contact with questions about my exchange or refund?
A. You can visit our Contact Us page to send us a message about exchanges and refunds.
In your message, please be sure to include the original booking number, your contact information, and which item(s) you’re requesting a refund for. If you’re requesting an exchange under the Rail Protection Plan™, note this in your email as well.
Q. Can I board the train if I forgot my rail pass but have my seat reservation?
A. While you can board the train, the conductor will make you purchase a full fare ticket on-board, and you may be fined. It’s best to keep your rail pass in a safe place with all of your travel documents to avoid this situation!
Q. Can a reservation date on an overnight train be changed?
A. This is possible in some cases, but with the limited availability of overnight trains, please do it as soon as you can and at least 24-hours before the train’s departure. New reservations will be required when you reschedule. Make sure to check the fare rules for the reservation you’ve purchased so you’re aware of the exchange policies. If you’re already traveling in Europe and need to make a change, you may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges.
Q. I have a question about my Rail Europe Gift Card. Who should I contact?
A. Just send us a message on our Contact Us page and we will respond to you via email within 24 to 48 hours.