The Schilthorn alone is a spectacular sight to see, when you mix the beauty of the mountain, with its panoramic views, with James Bond, magic happens! Home to the world’s longest aerial cable-car system, the Schilthorn is also credited with providing an extraordinary set for the Bond classic, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. On your visit, you will be mesmerized by the most awe-inspiring panoramic views in Switzerland – filled with over 200 mountain peaks, endless glaciers, and lakes. To add even more allure, it is here where you can pay a visit to Piz Gloria, an iconic revolving restaurant which pays tribute to 007. Visitors are welcomed inside with 400 seats all offering amazing views from Mount Titlis to Mont Blanc and far across to the Black Forest. Treat yourself to a Martini as you sit back and relax, the restaurant serves them “shaken not stirred”. If you arrive earlier in the day, enjoy the James Bond breakfast buffet, if you arrive later, you can have a bite of the Spaghetti James Bond. Whatever your culinary choice may be, you can be sure that it will be delicious and pair perfectly with the surrounding views.
Experience the beauty of Schilthorn - Piz Gloria on the world’s longest cable car system
- Round trip travel from Interlaken or Mürren to Schilthorn - Piz Gloria by cable car
- View of over 200 mountain peaks
- Issued as a paper document
- For James Bond fans - the legendary "Martini, shaken not stirred", is available at the revolving restaurant
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Included with Swiss Travel Pass
- Choice of round-trip travel from Interlanke or Murren in the Bernese Oberland to the Schilthorn – Piz Gloria mountaintop by cable car.
- Travel along the longest aerial cableway in the Alps, the Schilthorn.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- The cable-cars between Stechelberg and Schilthorn will not operate on April 24 to April 28 and November 18 to December 8, 2017 due to maintenance work.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. I have a business idea or partnership opportunity for you. Whom should I get in touch with?
A. Marketing Opportunities! Do you think you have products or services that could enrich the experience of our customers? Are you interested in exploring joint marketing initiatives? Do you have compelling content for our website?
We’re always looking to hear from potential partners and put our creative energies together for the benefit of our travellers. If you have any thoughts, feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com .
Q. Do you offer discounts on tickets for groups?
A. If your group consists of 10 or more passengers, you’ll be entitled to group rate tickets. Please note that for British domestic trains, we can provide a quote for nine travellers. First and second class group rates are available. Simply fill out our Group Quote form and a dedicated agent will answer your request.
Q. If I bought my rail pass from another company, can I still book my seat reservations through Rail Europe?
A. Yes. You can book your reservation with Rail Europe regardless of where you purchased your rail pass.
Q. Can I customize my group trip (meals on board, train station transfers)?
A. We love groups, and we do everything we can to make the experience as pleasurable as possible. We offer onboard catering, motor coach transfers to and from the train station, as well as luggage handling at select stations. For more information fill out our Group Quote form and a dedicated group consultant will respond to your request.
Q. Do I need to buy a train ticket for children or infants?
A. In general, any traveller that will occupy a seat will need to have a train ticket. Children under the age of 4 may travel on your lap, though the exact age can vary by rail company. If you want them to have a reserved seat on a train, that offers or requires a reservation, you would need to pay the same price as an older child on most trains.
Q. What other types of services are available at the station?
A. Most European train stations provide a variety of services, including currency exchanges, information desks, lockers for luggage, arrival/departure boards, restrooms, coffee shops, and gift shops. Some larger stations in larger cities have WiFi hotspots, lounges for business travellers, and restaurants and bars.
View our Train Station page to see specifics on a particular train station in Europe. The link can be found in the footer on any page on the website.
Q. Can I exchange my train ticket after its date of departure?
A. Unfortunately, this is not possible. If a train ticket can be exchanged, it normally must be done prior to the first date of validity on the ticket or the train’s departure date. However, please consult the “after sales conditions” found on your confirmation email for exact exchange rules pertaining to the train ticket you booked.
Q. I have a question about my Rail Europe Gift Card. Who should I contact?
A. Just send us a message on our Contact Us page and we will respond to you via email within 24 to 48 hours.
Q. I bought a print at home e ticket but now don’t have access to a printer to print it. What should I do?
A. French print at home e-tickets can be re-issued from a self-service kiosk at the station. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
Eurostar print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the Eurostar desk in the departure station, but there is a 15£ fee per ticket. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
No other print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the station. Your best option is to find an internet cafe or self-service print shop where you can go online and print your e-ticket.
Q. Can I change seats after the train departs?
A. You may check with the conductor once your train departs to see if there are any other available seating options.
Please note that you should stay in the same class of service as your ticket or you may incur a surcharge.
If you change seats and the seat you move to is reserved by another traveller, they will have priority.